• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Let's do a quick history lesson. The term villain was first introduced by city elites to look down upon the poor working class out in the villas, which at that point in time meant any old house in a farming village. These city elites looked down on people who couldn't live where they do and who had to work with animals. The irony is "villa" later developed the connotation of a nice large place to get/be away from the city. But whether through propaganda, slander or poor education, the general populace coopted the term "villain" to mean anyone of bad repute instead of just dirty poor villagers.

So let me be absolutely clear on one thing. I do not and have never lived in a village nor on a farm. I eat meat and am grateful to those who do live on farms. My great grandfather was a farmer, and my mom used to have a lot of fun stories from when she'd visit the farm. But I don't belong there.

Having said that, being a supervillain is incredibly refreshing.
a6hX5rf.gif

source.gif

AcridMeat

Oct 26, 2017
I mean I don't give a shit about The Hulk. I just think the director is good and want to see the beautiful man in entertaining make up.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Morning. Weird-ass series of dreams last night. Went from organizing something for a project to hanging out in some kind of pocket dimension mall to having to escape a Tales From the Crypt episode where I took an axe to the head. If any of those were supposed to mean something, I don't know what it was.

On the Blizzcon announcements, I like Lady Zenyatta, the cinematic for the new WoW expansion was really cool, and I'm wondering why they mentioned naval combat (am I gonna get a boat? I'd be down for a boat). Maybe they're just bringing back Draenor's shipyard? Classic WoW is an idea that people wanted for a long time and I'm glad they're making it but I think the inconveniences of Vanilla WoW are gonna knock the nostalgia goggles off of a lot of people's faces.

Last edited:

Deleted member 3876

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thought I maybe had one too many margaritas last night but I've been up a couple hours and feel fantastic. Suck on that, Father Time and Mother Nature!

Luap

Oct 26, 2017
You know what's really fucking annoying? On Tuesday I got sucked into a late-night YouTube binge and didn't fall asleep until like 2 am (I usually try to be asleep by 11:30 pm). So of course I felt like death the next day, but what does my body do? Pass out early that night, you'd guess? Noooo, I just felt like a zombie all goddamn day but then 10 pm came along and suddenly I was all energized and ready to conquer the world. Wtf. So I don't manage to fall asleep until 1-something am that night. The next night, same shit happened and I fell asleep at 12-something. Same thing last night. At least it's gotten a little better every night, but why does ONE fucking night of staying up late ruin an entire week of my sleep schedule? It's stupid.

nomemorial

Oct 27, 2017
I want to be productive and clean the house or play a game or be a lively individual in some way, but instead I'm just sitting here scrolling through this forum.

OP
OP
Pirate Bae

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
You know what's really fucking annoying? On Tuesday I got sucked into a late-night YouTube binge and didn't fall asleep until like 2 am (I usually try to be asleep by 11:30 pm). So of course I felt like death the next day, but what does my body do? Pass out early that night, you'd guess? Noooo, I just felt like a zombie all goddamn day but then 10 pm came along and suddenly I was all energized and ready to conquer the world. Wtf. So I don't manage to fall asleep until 1-something am that night. The next night, same shit happened and I fell asleep at 12-something. Same thing last night. At least it's gotten a little better every night, but why does ONE fucking night of staying up late ruin an entire week of my sleep schedule? It's stupid.
Tell me about it, dude. Back home, I'd get home from work at like 3:30 - 4 and I'd nap until like 6, stay up until 2, then wake up for work at 5

It was awful

sabrina

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
newport beach, CA
Morning. Weird-ass series of dreams last night. Went from organizing something for a project to hanging out in some kind of pocket dimension mall to having to escape a Tales From the Crypt episode where I took an axe to the head. If any of those were supposed to mean something, I don't know what it was.
Weird dreams are my favorite. I had a dream this morning that Blair Waldorf from Gossip Girl went into game development and we were best friends. It was so fun.

OP
OP
Pirate Bae

Pirate Bae

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
Most of my dreams involve me having to make really difficult decisions, the death of me or the people around me, or me being in some kind of terrifying life or death situation.

I should probably see a therapist

Zevenberge

Oct 27, 2017
Sounds like my week. Even though it's Saturday, I'm going to be in bed at 9.

Zevenberge

Oct 27, 2017
Weird dreams are my favorite. I had a dream this morning that Blair Waldorf from Gossip Girl went into game development and we were best friends. It was so fun.
Weird dreams are awesome. I once dreamed about sitting on a sofa that moved at the speed limit across the highway. But a couch moving on its own doesn't make sense, does it? Therefore the sofa was moving on stilts. And it all made sense happily ever after.

sabrina

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
newport beach, CA
i always dream i'm a ninja
Don't let your dreams be dreams!

Weird dreams are awesome. I once dreamed about sitting on a sofa that moved at the speed limit across the highway. But a couch moving on its own doesn't make sense, does it? Therefore the sofa was moving on stilts. And it all made sense happily ever after.
That's a fun mental image. I like how silly things look on stilts.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
sabrina I hate the hyper-realistic ones because there's gonna be some point during the day where I'll have to verify what did and didn't happen.

i always dream i'm a ninja

I'm not a ninja in my dreams but I have certain abilities left over from my time lucid dreaming, like super jumping and whatnot. At my best I could warp space and time in my dreams, so just being able to jump high is a bit of a step down

sabrina

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
newport beach, CA
sabrina I hate the hyper-realistic ones because there's gonna be some point during the day where I'll have to verify what did and didn't happen.

Oh. I don't think I remember my dreams well enough for that to be a concern. What's an example of something you thought happened but didn't?

Well I'm not in good enough shape to be an effective ninja. That's why it's a dream!
don't let your dreams be dreams

also people would suspect the out of shape ninja even less, so you have better cover! :D

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Oh. I don't think I remember my dreams well enough for that to be a concern. What's an example of something you thought happened but didn't?
The most popular ones are "Failed an exam" or "Exam's today and I forgot." Then there's other, really minor stuff like "did I get the mail already" or "did I feed/walk my dog today."

Dreams ranging from the most mundane of things to what is essentially the upside down

AcridMeat

Oct 26, 2017
From someone who fell asleep watching Avengers and didn't see any Thor movies, Ragnarok was a ton of fun. Well done humor, and you can tell Chris Hemsworth loved acting throughout it.

Deleted member 3876

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yup. I read that the actors were allowed to improvise, play around with their dialogue—something you don't see much in big-budget Hollywood films. Certainly not outside of pure comedies anyway.

I actually snorted (quite loudly, much to my embarrassment) when that cameo happened. You know the one. ;)

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yup. I read that the actors were allowed to improvise, play around with their dialogue—something you don't see much in big-budget Hollywood films. Certainly not outside of pure comedies anyway.

I actually snorted (quite loudly, much to my embarrassment) when that cameo happened. You know the one. ;)

A lot of comedies have been relying on actor improv for their jokes. People caught on and it started annoying audiences. But if you use it sparingly it can be fine.

Deleted member 3876

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A lot of comedies have been relying on actor improv for their jokes. People caught on and it started annoying audiences. But if you use it sparingly it can be fine.
Yup, preaching to the choir on that point. Anytime a director decided to allow the cast to improv in my old theater days (college)... Yuck. Nobody pulled it off.

Mars

Oct 25, 2017
From someone who fell asleep watching Avengers and didn't see any Thor movies, Ragnarok was a ton of fun. Well done humor, and you can tell Chris Hemsworth loved acting throughout it.

Just came back seeing it. Seriously my favorite MCU film. And I don't care much for superhero movies. Hemsworth was amazing, Tessa Thompson was amazing, Hulk/Ruffalo was great.

Even Cate Blanchett was good as Hela (who definitely needed some more screen time but yeah, typical villain treatment). And the music. Most fun I had in a while watching a movie at the theater.

Last edited:

Zevenberge

Oct 27, 2017
Yup, preaching to the choir on that point. Anytime a director decided to allow the cast to improv in my old theater days (college)... Yuck. Nobody pulled it off.

It really depends on the cast. Last week I had a theater audition which featured improvisation with set text. Basically, the director said that everything was improv until the general practice (final practice, with cosmetics, band, etc.). But honestly, it's always improv with a set of guidelines. Last year I was doing a play with a fight scene and accidentally someone hit a weapon out of my hands. Split second thinking go!
Also, coincidentally, I am going to an improv practice today. In a few weeks we play "against" another group in an improv match.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
They got Peter Dinklage to narrate the David S Pumpkins Halloween Special

Deleted member 3876

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It really depends on the cast. Last week I had a theater audition which featured improvisation with set text. Basically, the director said that everything was improv until the general practice (final practice, with cosmetics, band, etc.). But honestly, it's always improv with a set of guidelines. Last year I was doing a play with a fight scene and accidentally someone hit a weapon out of my hands. Split second thinking go!
Also, coincidentally, I am going to an improv practice today. In a few weeks we play "against" another group in an improv match.
True, but at my university I was stuck with my peers—and it wasn't a large group to begin with—and oh boy, most of them suuuuucked. I include myself btw, but I stopped trying rather than force my awfulness upon others.

OP
OP
Pirate Bae

Pirate Bae

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
Your Name, a summary: I don't know what the fuck I just watched but I'm crying