• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I caught a month-long ban from GAF for making a prison rape joke regarding a convicted pedo. I posted the picture of Alonzo from Training Day during the "booty house" scene when he's roughing up the would be rapist crackhead.

I caught another, pretty sure it was Bishop, for "trying to shutdown conversation or suggest that the conversation shouldn't be had (sic)", or somesuch, with the typical childish and smarmy Bishop parting shot at the end of it. Which was bizarre because my post was several paragraphs long and discussing the topic at hand positively. It felt like I must have gotten accidentally caught up in one of those mass bannings he used to clumsily orchestrate, but in hindsight he was probably the worst moderator in the history of forum moderators so who knows.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Just had one of those moments where you spend five minutes typing a long reply in a thread, then sigh to yourself and delete it rather than endure the back and forth that would have inevitably ensued. You end up posting in this thread instead, in a pithy meta self-aware style referencing the fact that you're typing in this threa...

...you know what, nevermind. Gonna stop writing. Any second now. Stopping. Now.

Stopped.

Done.

Finished.

Stop it.

cognizant, stop typing.

Stop typing three dots, it's not dramatic, it's not funny.

This sentence is not funny.

You're not funny cognizant. You're acting like being self-aware is a charming and amusing trait. It's not. The person reading this far is not amused, and is wondering why they're continuing to read a post so devoid of meaning it's almost a black hole of text, drawing in all interest and hope, sucking it into oblivion. And not the cool kind of oblivion you'd commonly see in the words of a chain-smoking poet, but the shitty kind of oblivion you see Tom Cruise starring in, or the shitty kind of oblivion that has scaled enemies. Who the fuck thought that was a good idea? Scaled enemies? For fuck's sake, it's an RPG where you level up. The point is enemies in an area on the map are kicking your bum, but later when you level up you can steamroll them. It makes you feel progression in your character, that's the point! Why would you scale enemies? It makes no fucking sense! Fuck's sake.

Anyway.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Just had one of those moments where you spend five minutes typing a long reply in a thread, then sigh to yourself and delete it rather than endure the back and forth that would have inevitably ensued. You end up posting in this thread instead, in a pithy meta self-aware style referencing the fact that you're typing in this threa...

...you know what, nevermind. Gonna stop writing. Any second now. Stopping. Now.

Stopped.

Done.

Finished.

Stop it.

cognizant, stop typing.

Stop typing three dots, it's not dramatic, it's not funny.

This sentence is not funny.

You're not funny cognizant. You're acting like being self-aware is a charming and amusing trait. It's not. The person reading this far is not amused, and is wondering why they're continuing to read a post so devoid of meaning it's almost a black hole of text, drawing in all interest and hope, sucking it into oblivion. And not the cool kind of oblivion you'd commonly see in the words of a chain-smoking poet, but the shitty kind of oblivion you see Tom Cruise starring in, or the shitty kind of oblivion that has scaled enemies. Who the fuck thought that was a good idea? Scaled enemies? For fuck's sake, it's an RPG where you level up. The point is enemies in an area on the map are kicking your bum, but later when you level up you can steamroll them. It makes you feel progression in your character, that's the point! Why would you scale enemies? It makes no fucking sense! Fuck's sake.

Anyway.
Well, if it makes you feel any better, I had a post like that today, but I actually did hit the reply button, and then later on felt like that and decided to go back and edit it out because sometimes it just isn't worth getting into an argument with someone about something especially when you already know how they feel and you know that nothing you say is going to change their mind.

And also, I agree, what the fuck was up with those scaled enemies in Oblivion? Just another reason why Morrowind is superior. Rather than just scaling all of the enemies levels up, it introduced newer more difficult enemies into the world as you got to a higher level, while still leaving the lower level enemies around too. And it was usually only in dungeons that you'd see the higher level ones, the world was still full of random dumb nix-hounds and cliff racers and all that jazz. And even in the dungeons, if you went to like a daedric ruin early on in the game, yeah you're going to run into a lot of low level scamps, but there's still probably going to be a dremora somewhere in there that totally kicks your butt and makes you realize you shouldn't be delving into these dangerous places. And don't even get me started on those damn bonewalkers in the ancestral ruins, fuckin a.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Well, if it makes you feel any better, I had a post like that today, but I actually did hit the reply button, and then later on felt like that and decided to go back and edit it out because sometimes it just isn't worth getting into an argument with someone about something especially when you already know how they feel and you know that nothing you say is going to change their mind.

Thanks for reading my incoherent rant, lol. Yeah I do this quite often actually. I write a reply, then just delete it. Maybe it's cathartic in a way. You're expressing your opinion without the need for entering a debate. But mostly it's just realising life's too short for confrontations on a forum. I'd rather save my arguing for more worthy topics than Joss Whedon's screenwriting abilities, lol.

And also, I agree, what the fuck was up with those scaled enemies in Oblivion? Just another reason why Morrowind is superior. Rather than just scaling all of the enemies levels up, it introduced newer more difficult enemies into the world as you got to a higher level, while still leaving the lower level enemies around too. And it was usually only in dungeons that you'd see the higher level ones, the world was still full of random dumb nix-hounds and cliff racers and all that jazz. And even in the dungeons, if you went to like a daedric ruin early on in the game, yeah you're going to run into a lot of low level scamps, but there's still probably going to be a dremora somewhere in there that totally kicks your butt and makes you realize you shouldn't be delving into these dangerous places. And don't even get me started on those damn bonewalkers in the ancestral ruins, fuckin a.

I will never understand Bethesda's thinking! They're a studio I generally hate, but I always seem to end up playing their games. Skyrim on PS3 was one of the worst experiences ever, such a broken game that got worse the more you played, but I probably put 200 hours into it. Their RPGs are fiendishly addictive. Except for their latest Fallout which I got bored of in about 5 hours and dropped.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
I will never understand Bethesda's thinking! They're a studio I generally hate, but I always seem to end up playing their games. Skyrim on PS3 was one of the worst experiences ever, such a broken game that got worse the more you played, but I probably put 200 hours into it. Their RPGs are fiendishly addictive. Except for their latest Fallout which I got bored of in about 5 hours and dropped.
Ha, yeah, Morrowind is one of my all time favorites, and even though they haven't made anything close to it since, I always keep coming back for more whenever they make a new one.

I also played Skyrim on PS3. My first game's auto save file deleted itself somehow after a few days, and my other saves were from way too long before that, so I had to start a new game. I've always been kind of salty about that because I usually only do one main quest play-through of those games, anytime I replay is to do like a specific character build and only focus on certain quest lines. Then there was the bug that showed up in a later patch where anytime the camera went underwater, the game would freeze and you had to shut off the system and restart it, lol.

Luckily the games aren't too bad on PC with all of the bug fix mods and other general quality of life mods that exist out there for them. I didn't mind Fallout 4 that much, I guess my expectations were lowered enough that I knew what I was getting wasn't going to be an RPG but more of a survival/crafting game, which it does pretty well at that. The quests and story stuff are all really bad though haha. The only thing I really like about it is the base building stuff, which even that is pretty undercooked unless you get a bunch of mods that focus on it.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

At the same time they're one of the only big name studios left that still focus on single player content so their games don't die when the servers die, especially with all of the mods and re-releases that Skyrim gets. I appreciate a lot of their single player series.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
At the same time they're one of the only big name studios left that still focus on single player content so their games don't die when the servers die, especially with all of the mods and re-releases that Skyrim gets. I appreciate a lot of their single player series.

I had to drop Wolfenstein 2 after 4 hours because it was giving me motion sickness. Only game to ever do that to me. :(

Hail Satan

Oct 27, 2017

Tchetil

Oct 28, 2017
You guys made me watch old Korn and Limp Bizkit music videos and now my Youtube recommendations are gonna be L I T

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Did that thing again where I write a 500 word reply in a thread, then just delete it for whatever reasons. Uuuuugh, waste of time.

Count me as another one who likes Carpenter Brut. Love me that synthwave.

I think I might be getting too old, lazy and stupid for videogames. I'm like 5 hours into Monster Hunter World and feeling overwhelmed with all the new shit you have to learn and memorise, crafting shit, mission shit, item box shit, ammo shit, what the fuck is an online session, why cant I equip all that ammo, they got red X's, why? What's going on? I don't know anything! Arrghhhh!

sabrina

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
newport beach, CA
I think I might be getting too old, lazy and stupid for videogames. I'm like 5 hours into Monster Hunter World and feeling overwhelmed with all the new shit you have to learn and memorise, crafting shit, mission shit, item box shit, ammo shit, what the fuck is an online session, why cant I equip all that ammo, they got red X's, why? What's going on? I don't know anything! Arrghhhh!
Sounds like you're just playing the wrong games. Trying something simpler but just as compelling like Celeste or Fe. They're both wholly excellent experiences.

Salut

That breeze you feel after shaving off all your hair, whew

So good
I get that on my neck sometimes when I wear my hair up, which is a rarity these days. So good :)

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
During my early days of WoW, i picked a rather international EU server, so i happened to sometimes group up with (what i later found out to be) french players. I was really irritated when they followed up my "heya, thanks for the invite!" with a not-so-friendly "slut".

giphy.gif

(and btw, i took 4 years of french in high school - i just never connected those dots, until finally someone wasn't too lazy to use the apostrophe)

sabrina

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
newport beach, CA
During my early days of WoW, i picked a rather international EU server, so i happened to sometimes group up with (what i later found out to be) french players. I was really irritated when they followed up my "heya, thanks for the invite!" with a not-so-friendly "slut".

giphy.gif

(and btw, i took 4 years of french in high school - i just never connected those dots, until finally someone wasn't too lazy to use the apostrophe)
oh my gosh how awful. I'm glad you eventually figured it out though. French is so pretty

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

giphy.gif

That's fricken hilarious

Deleted member 8861

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Overwatch teased a Turkish hero. I'm quite surprised and kinda happy, haha. I was never one to feel like Western media was responsible for representing us, and I'm not very nationalistic, but I'm still excited somehow

Xavillin

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone here drift? I recently drove through a narrow and zig-zaggy mountain pass, and all the time I was thinking how awesome it would be to drift there (that, and you know, also thinking it'd be nice to pass through it without crashing or falling down). I should get my friend to teach me how.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Anyone here drift? I recently drove through a narrow and zig-zaggy mountain pass, and all the time I was thinking how awesome it would be to drift there (that, and you know, also thinking it'd be nice to pass through it without crashing or falling down). I should get my friend to teach me how.

No, I always figured it'd screw up my suspension or do even worse damage. I have been tempted though - there are some very, very large parking lots that are isolated at nights (I.E. never any cops nearby) that are super slick when wet, like tonight thanks to a dense fog.

Also I'd probably manage to wreck like an idiot.

Deleted member 8861

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I hung out with a few dear friends today in a historic and wonderful part of the city I'm not familiar with. 10/10 day, save for one thing...

...In the middle of talking over coffee, a friend of ours got a call and learned that one of her classmates died in a car crash. Killed by a 16 year old with no license.

We continued talking, my friend was shocked but very calm (she didn't cry and we all just continued to talk, about death and dead relatives for a while, then lighter topics).

...An hour later, she found an article about the deceased on a local newspaper's website. She learned that she'd driven past the accident that killed her friend the previous day. She remembered her dad pointing out "Look, that car's turned over..." as they went. Now she realized it was her friend...

The dead girl was on the news today, too.

Hail Satan

Oct 27, 2017
I hung out with a few dear friends today in a historic and wonderful part of the city I'm not familiar with. 10/10 day, save for one thing...

...In the middle of talking over coffee, a friend of ours got a call and learned that one of her classmates died in a car crash. Killed by a 16 year old with no license.

We continued talking, my friend was shocked but very calm (she didn't cry and we all just continued to talk, about death and dead relatives for a while, then lighter topics).

...An hour later, she found an article about the deceased on a local newspaper's website. She learned that she'd driven past the accident that killed her friend the previous day. She remembered her dad pointing out "Look, that car's turned over..." as they went. Now she realized it was her friend...

Damn, that's rough. Hope your friend is doing ok.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

That's awful, I'm sorry.