• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
On a serious note, I am seriously considering pursuing a job in Redmond. I'd be leaving a really good, secure thing where I'm at though, to move someplace with a cost of living that's a whole lot more. It's a good job but will only last three years (contract) with a chance to renew after that, if I still wanted to stick around anyway. I have a few weeks to think it over.

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
Eponine in Les Miserables hurts my soul.
In the 2012 movie version? Samantha Banks is reaaaally good. I preferred her performance a lot over the one i saw on Broadway in 2014.
(Though that was also the ensemble that had Gaten Matarazzo as Gavroche!)

I just met the cutest woman at the gym. I asked her "are you using these weights?" in the most suavest of way.

She was more like "well, that's a weird, roundabout way of asking 'DO YOU EVEN LIFT BRO?!' ... how rude!"

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
In the 2012 movie version? Samantha Banks is reaaaally good. I preferred her performance a lot over the one i saw on Broadway in 2014.
(Though that was also the ensemble that had Gaten Matarazzo as Gavroche!)
Yeah, she sells the despair of the situation pretty well. Basically admitting to herself that any love she felt for Marius is going to go unrequited and there's nothing else supporting her in her terrible life so going to fight and most likely die at the barricade is a viable option. The line where she said the world's gonna keep turning and her life is completely inconsequential in his hits hard.

sabrina

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
newport beach, CA
I just installed Opera on a whim and it's pretty amazing. Bye, Chrome!
every time I try something in opera I feel like I've traveled back in time. it's pretty wizard

Christ I am hungover.
fun night last night?

I had tickets to go to a Poppy concert last night but then the people I was planning to go with got sick, so I had to last minute find other people to go with >:(
still was a fun show though

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
every time I try something in opera I feel like I've traveled back in time. it's pretty wizard

fun night last night?

I had tickets to go to a Poppy concert last night but then the people I was planning to go with got sick, so I had to last minute find other people to go with >:(
still was a fun show though

Eh, I just stumbled onto a bottle of scotch (Jameson, mmmm) I had in the cupboard when I got back from the gym. I had taken today off so I figured what the fuck, may as well indulge. I indulged too much.

Does Poppy actually dance and stuff in her shows? I am imagining some kind of bizarre artsy live performance.

Wzrd

Oct 26, 2017
Portland, Oregon
Found an Infinitebento in Oregon

gRLfa.jpeg

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
That's pretty much what I would have expected a Poppy concert to look like I think.

sabrina

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
newport beach, CA
That's pretty much what I would have expected a Poppy concert to look like I think.
Yeah, the only curveballs she threw was that Charlotte DJ'd for the first half hour of the show and then later near the end of the show Titanic beheaded Charlotte.

I have a feeling that if I wanted to be the person who's having the most fun in almost every room I should've become a back up dancer for Poppy.
Seriously! They were more fun to watch than she was.

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017

somethingsomethingyoungpeoplewithsmartphonesatconcertsrecordinginsteadofbeinginthemoment

i love (around 2:00 onwards) that guy in the left half of the frame covering the other dancer - which means we just can't know whether all of that flailing is actually a choreography of sorts, or whether we got a left-shark right-shark situation here :)

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
I only recorded one song, and it was the second one. People put their phones away after like the third song.
it's cool, i'm absolutely pro "do whatever you want during the concert unless its detrimental to the experience of others" -
... wait, no ... i mean ... GET OFF MY LAWN!

Also, i routinely check GAF out of morbid curiosity and was just waiting for this thread to happen. Like 50% of the forum is now metacommentary of "we're so superior, all the crazies went to era, we can have actual conversation now" instead of - you know - having actual conversation. Watch that thread become the most active across the entire board.

sabrina

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
newport beach, CA
it's cool, i'm absolutely pro "do whatever you want during the concert unless its detrimental to the experience of others" -
... wait, no ... i mean ... GET OFF MY LAWN!

Also, i routinely check GAF out of morbid curiosity and was just waiting for this thread to happen. Like 50% of the forum is now metacommentary of "we're so superior, all the crazies went to era, we can have actual conversation now" instead of - you know - having actual conversation. Watch that thread become the most active across the entire board.
not to climb up on a horse or anything but please don't stoop to their level. They're better forgotten than laughed at.

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
ahaha like I would just admit to what happened.

normally the syntax is [spoiIer="Spoiler Title"]Spoiled Content[/spoiIer] but if you don't have any spoiled content then no box is generated.

Was that your intention or did you fuck up and notice after the fact. Because hidden content with no indication of said content's existence kinda defeats the purpose.
Unless that was the purpose...

... Be honest with me - was it "spoiler-tag related shenanigans" that led to your permaban?

edit: Fuck - didn't you actually get banned for using an animated PNG avatar that just had some 'sparkle' added, once? :D

sabrina

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
newport beach, CA
Was that your intention or did you fuck up and notice after the fact. Because hidden content with no indication of said content's existence kinda defeats the purpose.
Unless that was the purpose...

... Be honest with me - was it "spoiler-tag related shenanigans" that led to your permaban?

edit: Fuck - didn't you actually get banned for using an animated PNG avatar that just had some 'sparkle' added, once? :D
No, I never got banned for having an APNG avatar. I was kindly asked to change it.

And normally I copy paste the tragedy of darth plagueis in the hidden spoiler or some random wikipedia page. It's fucking hilarious to me every time even if nobody notices it.

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
No, I never got banned for having an APNG avatar. I was kindly asked to change it.

And normally I copy paste the tragedy of darth plagueis in the hidden spoiler or some random wikipedia page. It's fucking hilarious to me every time even if nobody notices it.
Yeah. I was "kindly asked" to take a voluntary one month time-out as well on two occasions. Gotcha. *wink wink*

I think your spoiler tag shenanigans broke era yesterday. You created a microscopic black hole that sucked up the database

sabrina

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
newport beach, CA
Yeah. I was "kindly asked" to take a voluntary one month time-out as well on two occasions. Gotcha. *wink wink*

I think your spoiler tag shenanigans broke era yesterday. You created a microscopic black hole that sucked up the database
lol I was temp banned six different times. I'm not mincing words. None of the bans were for an avatar. One time I got banned for saying that people who only buy used games are leeches who don't support devs haha. That was my favorite ban.

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
lol I was temp banned six different times. I'm not mincing words. None of the bans were for an avatar. One time I got banned for saying that people who only buy used games are leeches who don't support devs haha. That was my favorite ban.

My bans were for the pettiest shit.
Like, I once got super hostile because a poster wasn't open to any of my ... uhm ... 'input' on them adopting their kitten way too early and the need to get at least a second one when it's going to be an indoor / apartment cat. I don't recall what i wrote that got me the ban, but it was certainly way too mean-spirited than what would have been appropriate.

FUME5

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Like, I once got super hostile because a poster wasn't open to any of my ... uhm ... 'input' on them adopting their kitten way too early and the need to get at least a second one when it's going to be an indoor / apartment cat. I don't recall what i wrote that got me the ban, but it was certainly way too mean-spirited than what would have been appropriate.

Probably banned by now.

Hail Satan

Oct 27, 2017

Not to deviate, but I was once fostering a pregnant cat who gave birth and for a few months had 13 cats in my condo. It was the best life.

Tchetil

Oct 28, 2017
omg
ThornyForkedAnkolewatusi-size_restricted.gif

Not to deviate, but I was once fostering a pregnant cat who gave birth and for a few months had 13 cats in my condo. It was the best life.
Pretty sure that's what heaven's like.

I spent pretty much all of Valentine's Day looking at cats up for adoption and I wanted to get ALL of them. As soon as I have my own place I'm getting so heckin many cats.

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616

I need Love On A Leash to become the new The Room and the film about the movie to win all the Oscars. Get Brie Larson and Danny DeVito to the main roles.