• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Xavillin

Oct 25, 2017
I'm in a hotel and someone is having really loud sex somewhere nearby

Stop screaming, woman
I remember when I first started working at a hotel, and not even a month in, I heard guests in one room doing it. All I heard was the lady, and she was moaning so loud. The thing is, I had something to do in the room right next to theirs, so I heard it even louder.

Another time, an old couple were clearly about to do it, but I knocked on their door before they could even start. It took them a while to open the door, and when the old guy finally opened it, he was still only in his underwear, and I could see scattered clothing on the ground and bed.

sabrina

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
newport beach, CA
can we talk about how annoying it is when only one of the people are making any noise? It feels like a show if you're the only one making all the effort.

sometimes people on Era are like lootcrates are gambling and gambling is bad. other times people on Era are like hey come buy into this bitcoin thing because if you do it right you totally make money off of it. sometimes people on Era are like let's be environmentally conscious. other times people on Era are like hey come buy into this bitcoin thing because it totally doesn't waste more electricity that most small nations

I feel like I should go make dinner but I can hear my roommate playing the piano downstairs so it would definitely require putting clothes back on and I'm not sure I'm ready for that level of commitment

FUME5

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sorry guys, I should have specified that I meant cardboard bailers.

I prefer single use disposable bailers for groundwater samplings in conditions that don't allow for a low flow submersible pump.

EDIT

Fuck no I don't make sex noises. If I wasn't on mobile I'd type out a room service story or two. Spoiler alert, when I clocked out of my last shift I went and had sex with a guest. Nightshift desk manager hated me, whew the look she gave me when I walked out at 3 am.

Hail Satan

Oct 27, 2017
can we talk about how annoying it is when only one of the people are making any noise? It feels like a show if you're the only one making all the effort.

sometimes people on Era are like lootcrates are gambling and gambling is bad. other times people on Era are like hey come buy into this bitcoin thing because if you do it right you totally make money off of it. sometimes people on Era are like let's be environmentally conscious. other times people on Era are like hey come buy into this bitcoin thing because it totally doesn't waste more electricity that most small nations

I feel like I should go make dinner but I can hear my roommate playing the piano downstairs so it would definitely require putting clothes back on and I'm not sure I'm ready for that level of commitment

Be careful with all this negativity on bitcoin, if you don't play along you won't be able to pretend you made any money this year.

Edit: haha, nice FUME5 pretty much matches the stories my friend who works at a hotel has.

And I don't think I make noises when the other person doesn't, but I do assume 75 percent of the questions asked when having sex are rhetorical. It's hard to gauge which ones require an actual response.

Last edited:

sabrina

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
newport beach, CA
Be careful with all this negativity on bitcoin, if you don't play along you won't be able to pretend you made any money this year.
I don't think it's pretend. It's just... not wealth creation. It's wealth redistribution, mostly from hopeful to the already wealthy.

Fuck no I don't make sex noises. If I wasn't on mobile I'd type out a room service story or two. Spoiler alert, when I clocked out of my last shift I went and had sex with a guest. Nightshift desk manager hated me, whew the look she gave me when I walked out at 3 am.
Oh is this what they mean by having a silent partner

Hail Satan

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think it's pretend. It's just... not wealth creation. It's wealth redistribution, mostly from hopeful to the already wealthy.

Gotcha, I was just kidding. A few friends of mine took a deep dive into that stuff and hate when I fuck around about it for some reason. And yeah, agree with your points.

FUME5

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I get the point across with many non-verbal cues.

Maybe throw in a "mmmm" here and there and, of course, the classics such as "Hang on, just move your...", "No the other other way", "You fucking like that", "Sorry, calf cramp" etc..

sabrina

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
newport beach, CA
Gotcha, I was just kidding. A few friends of mine took a deep dive into that stuff and hate when I fuck around about it for some reason. And yeah, agree with your points.
Well I hope she or he is savvy enough to make the most of it. Doesn't help the inevitable gloating but it puts you one step further from miserable people :P

I get the point across with many non-verbal cues.

Maybe throw in a "mmmm" here and there and, of course, the classics such as "Hang on, just move your...", "No the other other way", "You fucking like that", "Sorry, calf cramp" etc..
Oh god cramps are the worst. That's enough to kill the whole thing for me.

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
I hate that this thread always moves so fast when i'm asleep.

So, to catch up with y'all - I do make a lot of noise when i fuck all my bitcoins on a cardboard bailer.

But in all seriousness, i'm personally waaay to focused on not making a weird, off-putting sex face to even think about anything 'sexy' to say / yell / moan.

Sheng Long

Oct 27, 2017
Earth
Morning everyone. I had a dream that I ordered chicken marsala for lunch at a restaurant, but they were out of it and I said, "give me the dinner one". They brought me the dinner one.

That's about all I remember lol.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
WHAT?! This area is awesome

20 min from an airport is fine. I remember living 5 min from a naval base before they enacted aircraft noise ordinances forcing flights to take different routes and training to occur over the ocean. Talk about fucking loud.

I made the mistake of staying in a hotel right down the street from the airport in Fort Lauderdale. Between the trains and the planes I think I got two hours sleep. Promptly cancelled my res the next morning and relocated much farther into the city. Shame because it was a kick ass hotel. Had little sharks and turtles and fish and shit swimming around the bar.

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616
wait why wouldn't they use traditional African foods? It's probably something similar. Some of that looks pretty close to stuff I ate when I was in Africa.

Holy shit. It turns out that Africa does have something that is literally looks just like a Brazilian pastel:

https://www.google.com.br/search?bi....0...1c.1.64.psy-ab..0.1.155....0.TEGS_aE7juM

It's called sambusa. Goddamn I'm hungry. I still have to get some work stuff out of the way tho.

sabrina

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
newport beach, CA
Holy shit. It turns out that Africa does have something that is literally looks just like a Brazilian pastel:

https://www.google.com.br/search?bi....0...1c.1.64.psy-ab..0.1.155....0.TEGS_aE7juM

It's called sambusa. Goddamn I'm hungry. I still have to get some work stuff out of the way tho.
That's okay, it's fun to take pride in your cultural heritage :D

We're going to try to find some authentic chinese food tonight for lunar new year.

Just had a Swiss mushroom burger without the bun and a side salad instead of fries. Back to cutting most carbs.
eating a burger with a fork is fun. I hope you didn't drench the salad with a dressing full of fat and sugar >:D

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
What in the fuck happened to the forum? I go to bed, wake up, check Era... Almost every thread is a narcissistic AMA thread! Thank the mods for locking most of them, yeesh!

sabrina

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
newport beach, CA
What in the fuck happened to the forum? I go to bed, wake up, check Era... Almost every thread is a narcissistic AMA thread! Thank the mods for locking most of them, yeesh!
a couple people copied the mexico ama. Then some trolls made low effort parody threads. Then the mods locked all the AMA threads except the mexico one. Then they unlocked them but said just be nice. Then about four hundred and thirty thousand other people decided to join in. Then the mods started handing out twenty-four hour bans to OPs. Then they stopped. Then they banned a couple people for rudely thread whining. Then they decided to collate all of them in one mega thread.

it was hilarious

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
a couple people copied the mexico ama. Then some trolls made low effort parody threads. Then the mods locked all the AMA threads except the mexico one. Then they unlocked them but said just be nice. Then about four hundred and thirty thousand other people decided to join in. Then the mods started handing out twenty-four hour bans to OPs. Then they stopped. Then they banned a couple people for rudely thread whining. Then they decided to collate all of them in one mega thread.

it was hilarious

Russian trolls! They're everywhere!

Abu

Oct 25, 2017
😏
the last time I read those words, we changed websites

hah

latest

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

As silly as it was, it's interesting to see, we had some kind of "mass event" that required higher than usual moderation efforts.
I wonder if it was just people considering this a big harmless 'flashmob' kind of thing, or whether those were somewhat more malicious / trollish intents :P

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017

it was hilarious

Haha wow, thanks for the recap.

I hope sabrina doesn't get banned because...I ASKED HER ANYTHING!

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I'm really tempted to go buy a new Android phone because I'm tired of the lack of integration and accuracy of Siri, but at the same time, I don't want to be bothered moving over all of my security tokens and work-related shit. Oh, and having to take the gamble of anything other than Apple Pay not working at the places I routinely shop.

Fuck I wish Apple would get Siri at least to where Google Now was three years ago, and for fuck's sake integrate with everything. Fuck my privacy, I want convenience.

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really tempted to go buy a new Android phone because I'm tired of the lack of integration and accuracy of Siri, but at the same time, I don't want to be bothered moving over all of my security tokens and work-related shit. Oh, and having to take the gamble of anything other than Apple Pay not working at the places I routinely shop.

Fuck I wish Apple would get Siri at least to where Google Now was three years ago, and for fuck's sake integrate with everything. Fuck my privacy, I want convenience.
Android doesn't get these stickers, though?

dJKei3w.png

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Hey that's what Pizza Bagels were made for.

Going to see Black Panther today, maybe get sushi afterwards. Took down a few old posters and framed pictures. Decided it was time for a change. Now I've gotta find something else to hang on the empty space on my wall. And we got the partial power outage from last night solved and I'm finishing up my binge watching of The Good Place. It's a better show than I would've thought.