• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

sabrina

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
newport beach, CA
You said you liked Gat Out of Hell, which most people don't, so I'm surprised you haven't played it already. Most of the game is just combat missions, like Gat Out, but with dozens of characters instead of two and RPG mechanics for each of them.

oh, the video made it look like GTA Online but with cartoony characters
The only thing it cribs from GTAV is the single-player switching between three characters thing.

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616
You said you liked Gat Out of Hell, which most people don't, so I'm surprised you haven't played it already. Most of the game is just combat missions, like Gat Out, but with dozens of characters instead of two and RPG mechanics for each of them.

The only thing it cribs from GTAV is the single-player switching between three characters thing.

Because I'm cheap and I wait for sales, that's why.:(

I'll be checking out this thing in minutes, then proceed to finally get my shit together with LiS.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Nubuck-Leather-High-heeled-Shoes-Pointed-Toe-Thin-Heels-Pointed-Toe-Formal-Women-s-Shoes-Black.jpg_640x640.jpg

For the FaceHugger in your life.

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616
I'm having pineapple pizza today in homage of y'all, fam. It will probably suck and I'll complain about this at length. Hopefully I'm not banned for this, and I'm making a vow that I'll try my best to enjoy it.

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616
Yeah, it took me two hours and a change to beat it. Tried real hard to keep close to the companions but lost the last decent one on that phase that we need to keep going up together. Last phase is sort of jarring, but once you get that done is so fucking rewarding. Great game.

I'm definitely getting Era Clear™ soon, but I feel like we'd have a LOT more signatures and people supporting the site if we got to have custom member tags. It'd be another thing for the mods to keep their eyes on, but then again I think that adding that feature might be a deal breaker for many here.

LookAtMeGo

Oct 25, 2017
a parallel universe
Are you more of a completionist? That would check out then.

https://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=4867

A little basic but they're cute.
I did go for a lot of the trophies. I remember spending probably an hour or 2 just fucking around in the open ended desert area at the begining just running around making that tweet sound at another player. Probably annoyed the shit out of them. But yeah. Journey and Bloodborne were 2 games that I gave up early on and then went back to them later and was super happy I did.

BB I just sucked really bad at so I gave up. Once I went back I got my groove and figured out how to play the damn thing properly it ended up being one of my fav games of this gen.

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
It's 11pm and i really wanna watch that Cloverfield thingy on Netflix, just to get it off my list of things to watch. I heard it's super mediocre? :/

sabrina

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
newport beach, CA
lol I've never watched it. I just know traditionally we have huge threads for it.

It's 11pm and i really wanna watch that Cloverfield thingy on Netflix, just to get it off my list of things to watch. I heard it's super mediocre? :/
here's the thing. it's not mediocre. It's just half pretty good and half awful, and it changes every ten or fifteen minutes. Watch it with someone else if you can.

I did go for a lot of the trophies. I remember spending probably an hour or 2 just fucking around in the open ended desert area at the begining just running around making that tweet sound at another player. Probably annoyed the shit out of them. But yeah. Journey and Bloodborne were 2 games that I gave up early on and then went back to them later and was super happy I did.

BB I just sucked really bad at so I gave up. Once I went back I got my groove and figured out how to play the damn thing properly it ended up being one of my fav games of this gen.
oh, yeah, I can see that. The Cleric Beast and Father Gascoigne give a lot of people trouble if you don't know how to beat them. Like Gascoigne will just murder you if you dodge backwards instead of dodging right, and it's not exactly straightforward to find the musicbox that stuns him. My fiancee has been playing Bloodborne recently and I've been trying to give her information like that so she doesn't get stuck too badly.

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm this feels a lot like Sunshine meets Event Horizon meets Sphere.

I'm a sucker for SciFi with good production value though.

Hail Satan

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, lots of shades of those in there. Forgot about Sphere though.

Been awhile since I've seen Samual Jackson smiling at me while swimming in a golden bubble.

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
So uhm how did
the arm
know about
the gyro?

Everything involving uhm ... Roy ... is really kinda silly

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
Well, this was surprisingly okay.

I totally get what you meant, sabrina ...
The movie was very inconsistent with regards to what the
alternate universe
would entail.

On one hand you had the displacement of the entire station, as well as transporting one member of the Mirrorverse crew to 'Cloverfield station prime' (in a very painful way) - which overall fit the more serious / pseudo-scientific tone of the movie, yet we also got these "Final Destination"-like deaths, like Volkov's, Mundy's, Tam's ... which were very incosistent with the movie's internal logic, other than 'the Shepard reactor can lead to basically ANYTHING happening'. Like, Volkov, i can still accept - the worms and the gyro having been 'teleported' into his body? But Tam's and Mundy's were very random.

I'm just really happy the movie didn't follow the old Sci-Fi / Horror trope of the crew of scientists and astronauts dying of what is mostly sheer stupidity.

The reshoots / tie-ins into the Cloververse were rather apparent, but i didn't mind that at all.

sabrina

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
newport beach, CA
Well, this was surprisingly okay.

I totally get what you meant, sabrina ...
The movie was very inconsistent with regards to what the
alternate universe
would entail.

On one hand you had the displacement of the entire station, as well as transporting one member of the Mirrorverse crew to 'Cloverfield station prime' (in a very painful way) - which overall fit the more serious / pseudo-scientific tone of the movie, yet we also got these "Final Destination"-like deaths, like Volkov's, Mundy's, Tam's ... which were very incosistent with the movie's internal logic, other than 'the Shepard reactor can lead to basically ANYTHING happening'. Like, Volkov, i can still accept - the worms and the gyro having been 'teleported' into his body? But Tam's and Mundy's were very random.

I'm just really happy the movie didn't follow the old Sci-Fi / Horror trope of the crew of scientists and astronauts dying of what is mostly sheer stupidity.

The reshoots / tie-ins into the Cloververse were rather apparent, but i didn't mind that at all.
That almost exactly fits my review of the movie haha.

My smart ass searched for Era Clear on the App Store and got Zit Zapper Lite. >=|

Time to order pizza
It's just a thing you pay for on here. It should be by your account options under account upgrades.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
My top Amazon Video rec is Thong Girl 3. "If you do wrong, You'll Answer to the Thong".

I swear I have not watched films that should lead to this. Between this and Amazon thinking I want to buy high heels I just don't know.

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616
Sometimes aesthetically good looking pizza tastes like shit. And terrible looking pizza tastes great.

That pizza you have looks like a mess and also god damn delicious. I'm both jealous and happy for you.
Yep that's precisely the case here. This is the best pizza in my hometown, the crust is thin and their toppings are just fucking delicious. The ones from way fancier places here don't taste half as good as this one, haha.

Nov 27, 2017
California

CLOVERFIELD HYPE, it was a meh movie but i'm a sucker for Cloverfield

I installed fortnite battle royale eweijahgasg wehy

that game is pretty addicting, think my brother and I have about 300 hours in that game, its insane how hooked we are when its the same shit over and over 0_o

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If you're really into Cloverfield you might like it. If you just wanted another self-contained thing it's hit or miss. There's a lot going on and the explanation is...broad...

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Feel sorry for the dude in the Kingdom Come trailer thread trying to highlight the dev's loathsome support of GamerGate. All being brushed under the carpet by ResetEra it seems. It's inconvenient to mention it, kinda like it's inconvenient for BLM protesters to hold up traffic.

"So inconvenient! We just want to talk about video games! Don't make us acknowledge or think about the creator's support for a movement based on misogyny, abuse and hatred! Don't go off topic! Waah, my video gaaamesss!"

Anyway. Good morning all. I'm going for a walk and coffee. Pleasant thoughts, pleasant thoughts!

Deleted member 8861

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
here's a song because goddamn, I keep discovering new 10/10 tracks in NIER's soundtrack a full year after finding out about it