• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Pirate Bae

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
Well, our Pirate Bae Queen is the OP of this thread, it was only a matter of time before we joined it as well!
mdpFwsO.png

VKO-GFX

Dec 19, 2017
Lots of LiS love in here. I've only played the demo. I'm able to play the full game on Steam through family sharing.

Xavillin

Oct 25, 2017
I started LiS a few weeks ago. Haven't had much time to play it.

Thinking whether to get blue or purple highlights. I don't like how everybody has blonde highlights.

OP
OP
Pirate Bae

Pirate Bae

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
It happens a lot for people's first Zelda game to be their favorite, and I blame this phenomenon for why I like Twilight Princess so much.
Well Twilight Princess is a great Zelda game, in your defense.

My first was Ocarina of Time when I was like six so I peaked early and have yet to come down from the high.

OP
OP
Pirate Bae

Pirate Bae

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
The thing that made me try this Zelda game was the true open world nature of it.
I fear if I try any other Zelda game I would just be disappointed by it.
All of the Zeldas are open world to an extent, but definitely not to the degree of BotW, so in that way, yes. You will probably be disappointed. But the dungeons are a lot more concise and are better designed, and the end bosses are way more satisfying than the Blight Ganons. I think the gameplay of the previous entries is a lot better, too, in that you don't have to constantly be hunting down new weapons because your sword keeps breaking, and each dungeon gives you a sweet new tool to use that will help you along and unlock even more areas of the overworld.

Breath of the Wild gives players a lot of freedom to play how they want. That's it's core strength. But gameplay really isn't as tight as it is in previous entries, so I feel like it's lacking in that regard. If you're looking for a classic gaming experience I would absolutely at least go back and play Wind Waker as it is the most open-worldy, and Ocarina because it's just...the best one and has the best dungeons and the best everything, but I can understand how some people may not want to play them after BotW.

Twilight Princess is worth playing, too. It's a good mix of the strengths of Wind Waker, Majora's Mask, and OoT. I loved it. Majora should probably be your last stop, as it's...not for everyone.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
All of the Zeldas are open world to an extent, but definitely not to the degree of BotW, so in that way, yes. You will probably be disappointed. But the dungeons are a lot more concise and are better designed, and the end bosses are way more satisfying than the Blight Ganons. I think the gameplay of the previous entries is a lot better, too, in that you don't have to constantly be hunting down new weapons because your sword keeps breaking, and each dungeon gives you a sweet new tool to use that will help you along and unlock even more areas of the overworld.

Breath of the Wild gives players a lot of freedom to play how they want. That's it's core strength. But gameplay really isn't as tight as it is in previous entries, so I feel like it's lacking in that regard. If you're looking for a classic gaming experience I would absolutely at least go back and play Wind Waker as it is the most open-worldy, and Ocarina because it's just...the best one and has the best dungeons and the best everything, but I can understand how some people may not want to play them after BotW.

Twilight Princess is worth playing, too. It's a good mix of the strengths of Wind Waker, Majora's Mask, and OoT. I loved it. Majora should probably be your last stop, as it's...not for everyone.

Actually Majora looks the most interesting to me. I am someone that prefers darker more grounded stories. And that game looks so diferent from all the others.

Logan>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>All other superhero movies in the past 5 years

Obviously not growing with nintendo I might have a distorted vision of Majora Mask and be disappointed while playing it.

OP
OP
Pirate Bae

Pirate Bae

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
Actually Majora looks the most interesting to me. I am someone that prefers darker more grounded stories. And that game looks so diferent from all the others.

Logan>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>All other superhero movies in the past 5 years

Obviously not growing with nintendo I might have a distorted vision of Majora Mask and be disappointed while playing it.

It's fun, don't get me wrong. It's just much different than the other Zeldas and doesn't really fit anywhere so some people don't like it.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I am not sure if I have a favorite Zelda game. I enjoy them all so much. I'll just toss out Wind Waker, since I have fond memories related to that game.

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
It happens a lot for people's first Zelda game to be their favorite, and I blame this phenomenon for why I like Twilight Princess so much.

I loved Twilight Princess on the Wii.
Then they re-released the HD version on Wii U.
Bought it day 1. Played it for 20 minutes. It's been collecting dust ever since.

The Zelda game that aged the worst imho.

... I'd kill for A Link Between Worlds to be rereleased on the Switch.

Wind Waker is so good, it's also the Zelda game with arguably the best Soundtrack. Went to the "Zelda in Concert" while in San Diego for ComicCon and the Wind Waker 'medley' was so wonderful.
https://youtu.be/cHAgvzI1jsQ?t=292
4:55 in. fucking goosebumps.

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2017
California
Woke up 22 minutes ago, why does my body wake up early af on weekends, rigged

My first Zelda game was a link to the past but I was about 6 I think when I played it

Think I went from link to the past to ocarina of time in two years if it came out in 1998 , best jump

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
I defintely need to play Before the Storm.
Yep, you definitely do!
Wind Waker is so good, it's also the Zelda game with arguably the best Soundtrack. Went to the "Zelda in Concert" while in San Diego for ComicCon and the Wind Waker 'medley' was so wonderful.
https://youtu.be/cHAgvzI1jsQ?t=292
4:55 in. fucking goosebumps.
Oh man, that video is amazing. I love Wind Waker so much! I really need to get a GameCube again, I miss it.

Sir Guts

Use of alt account
Oct 26, 2017
Pretty much in control. Started taking Remicade infusions as soon as I was diagnosed and that's kept it pretty well in check. No significant weight loss. If anything I gained some weight because I had to stop working out for awhile.
That's good to hear. I dropped from 85kg to 61kg in 2 months. Now I'm at 66

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
They should just re re release it on the switch. The QoL additions in wind Walter HD were great
Yeah, I still don't have a Switch yet, but I really want one! I would loooove if they put Wind Waker out on it, that and a new Animal Crossing would get me to buy one immediately haha.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
My first LoZ was Majora's Mask. I still enjoy it for its interesting side missions and cool villain.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Technically the first one that I played was Link to the Past, but it was at a friend's house, and I did more watching than playing. Same with Ocarina of Time, just with a different friend. First one I actually owned and played all the way through by myself was Wind Waker, so that is probably part of why I love it so much. I've gone back and played LttP and Ocarina since then, but I haven't played any of the newer ones after Wind Waker. I really want to play BotW though.

AcridMeat

Oct 26, 2017
I'm pretty confident in saying there's a better Zelda game than BOTW and I've only played BOTW (and ~5 hours of link between worlds).

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't know Marisa Tomei and RDJ used to date. The Tony Stark and Aunt May thing makes more sense now.

Woop, this place blew up like for real.

Lots of LiS love here, which is great... but please don't spoil BtS! (Waiting on physical edition like a pleb, sorry!)

Missed the Zelda talk, but despite the flaws, BOTW made me fall in love with the series again and I'll leave it at that. Also, Wind Waker is overrated. ;p

ZattMurdock - holy cats that's crazy good, did you commission that piece?

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616

Lots of LiS love here, which is great... but please don't spoil BtS! (Waiting on physical edition like a pleb, sorry!)

I'm having onion rings and breaded steak for lunch and then I'm starting on LiS, looking forward to it.

No, I basically paraphrased Rose from Titanic and said "Draw me like one of your street fighting gods", BadWolf went on my insta, picked a picture and came out with this. He is fucking insanely talented:

I'm definitely commissioning two pieces from him though, actual pieces that I'll be paying for, if he takes my requests. I want one for my office and yet another one for my bedroom, haha.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
Fam, I don't want to live in real life anymore. I want to live life as a Street Fighting god drawn by BadWolf. I'm so fucking framing this.

COcWFgx.jpg
Holy hell that is amazing :D

Missed the Zelda talk, but despite the flaws, BOTW made me fall in love with the series again and I'll leave it at that. Also, Wind Waker is overrated. ;p

The Bucket is like Disney, it managed to buy out The Real Pic and LiS threads. Next will be a hostile takeover of the Marvel thread.
Pirate Bae ambition shows no boundaries.