• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Those Mickey Mouse games on Super Nintendo were the best, never really liked Mickey games after that, don't really count kingdom hearts as a Mickey game
Sega's Illusion games (Castle/Land/Legend/World of Illusion) are great, too! The remake of Castle of Illusion is wonderful, but you can't buy it anymore. :/

My parents were/are Disney fanatics, so it makes sense that it trickled down to me, lol

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
Sega's Illusion games (Castle/Land/Legend/World of Illusion) are great, too! The remake of Castle of Illusion is wonderful, but you can't buy it anymore. :/

My parents were/are Disney fanatics, so it makes sense that it trickled down to me, lol
My childhood platform games were nowhere near as good lol
I used to play Cool Spot Goes To Hollywood and Pac Man World on the PS1. Because my brother would be playing on the PS2, and those were the games he would let me play.

But I do have great memories playing those games with him.

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616
I used to play Cool Spot Goes To Hollywood and Pac Man World on the PS1. Because my brother would be playing on the PS2, and those were the games he would let me play.

But I do have great memories playing those games with him.
Cool Spot on the Sega Genesis is such a cool game tho.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona

sabrina

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
newport beach, CA
hey, don't hate on Pac-Man World!

I used to play that without a memory card, so I got pretty fuckin familiar with the pirate world hahaha.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
hey, don't hate on Pac-Man World!

I used to play that without a memory card, so I got pretty fuckin familiar with the pirate world hahaha.
I'm not hating on it, I love it :P
And I have a PSP with it instaled, for the nostalgia.

But whille everyone was playing Mario, Sonic or Crash I was playing Pac Man world. So I win :P

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616
Yeah, that's how we call it here in Brazil too, but I feel like most of the people call it Sega Genesis so I've trained myself to say that instead of Mega Drive, haha. That and the fact that my old Nintendo uber fans child friends used to mock my fav calling it "Mega Hole", "Mega Toilet" and shit like that, haha.

I played it on the PS1. Did not aged well I can tell you that lol

I really liked that game, it was good times, haha. Never actually drank a 7-Eleven though.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
It's not the popular opinion but I like it better than Mario and Sonic. Although, yeah, Crash and Spyro got more play overall.
Is not a popular opinion but is the right one. Plus I prefer 2D Mario games instead of the 3D ones. Sonic I never played it.
Crash I love. Spyro unfortunaly never played it. My brother used to buy the games that I played, and he had weird taste for it lol
I remenber putting tons of hours on a game called The Bouncer. I bet I played more that game than any of teh developers. The game is just bad lol

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
Zelda is the only Nintendo franchise that got better moving to 3D
Honest, only Zelda game I played was BoTW
*Runs away :P
giphy.gif

I think just millenials like 3d Mario over 2D Mario. We dinosaurs know where the magic is at.
Super Mario World 2 Yoshi's Island is a perfect 10. It will always look good and it will always play great. Better than any 3D Mario game

Nerdkiller

Resettlement Advisor
Yeah, that's how we call it here in Brazil too, but I feel like most of the people call it Sega Genesis so I've trained myself to say that instead of Mega Drive, haha. That and the fact that my old Nintendo uber fans child friends used to mock my fav calling it "Mega Hole", "Mega Toilet" and shit like that, haha.
There can only ever be one name, though. And it's not gonna be the Phil Collins one.

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616
giphy.gif
No need to be ashamed. I own a 3ds and I haven't played ANY Zelda games because too many games. Zelda graphics on SNES didn't appeal to me, and I was too "GIVE ME A BOSS THAT I CAN BEAT AND CRAZY 16 BITS GRAPHICS" me, so I was playing gems like The Avengers, Donkey Kong, TMNT, Super Star Wars series, etc. Basically beat 'em up and fighting games, haha. Typical SNES / Mega Driver shitt overlord shit, haha.

I'm not sure if I should play the 3DS Zelda games or just wait and play Breathe of Wild when I get my Switch.

BY THE WAY, March, 23rd is my birthday, and if I can get some of you to buy me a Switch, I'd get it cheaper than I'd here. I'm not sure if I want a Switch now or by the end of the year, but just throwing that out there haha.

Super Mario World 2 Yoshi's Island is a perfect 10. It will always look good and it will always play great. Better than any 3D Mario game
I really dislike Mario 64 and I think that game aged terribly. I hope Mario Odyssey has enough 2d elements to keep me happy.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
No need to be ashamed. I own a 3ds and I haven't played ANY Zelda games because too many games. Zelda graphics on SNES didn't appeal to me, and I was too "GIVE ME A BOSS THAT I CAN BEAT AND CRAZY 16 BITS GRAPHICS" me, so I was playing gems like The Avengers, Donkey Kong, TMNT, Super Star Wars series, etc. Basically beat 'em up and fighting games, haha. Typical SNES / Mega Driver shitt overlord shit, haha.

I'm not sure if I should play the 3DS Zelda games or just wait and play Breathe of Wild when I get my Switch.

BY THE WAY, March, 23rd is my birthday, and if I can get some of you to buy me a Switch, I'd get it cheaper than I'd here. I'm not sure if I want a Switch now or by the end of the year, but just throwing that out there haha.

I really dislike Mario 64 and I think that game aged terribly. I hope Mario Odyssey has enough 2d elements to keep me happy.
Does your country still get supported by Nintendo? Or you have to import?

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616
Does your country still get supported by Nintendo? Or you have to import?

Nope. It's expensive as fuck, so I'd be better off importing it. I have friends that keep coming and going to the US, but I'm still considering my options and where should I get the Switch. If I get it straight from here, I'll pay around $460 dollars for the barebones console. Not sure what I'll be doing, but I want one so bad haha.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
Nope. It's expensive as fuck, so I'd be better off importing it. I have friends that keep coming and going to the US, but I'm still considering my options and where should I get the Switch. If I get it straight from here, I'll pay around $460 dollars for the barebones console. Not sure what I'll be doing, but I want one so bad haha.
That is so much for a Switch. the only good thing about it is that is region free. So you can import the game.

Deleted member 34949

Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Pac Man World 1 (and 2!) is legit. 3 is kind of a wreck but almost worth it for the bizarrely sarcastic writing and voice acting.

I've never been much of a Zelda fan. I've only played five or so entries, and of those, only beat three, and of those three, the only ones I legitimately liked were Breath of the Wild (Which was a pleasant surprise) and Link's Awakening (Which was fantastic)

As far as 3D Mario goes, I've always preferred 3D/Land & World to 64/Sunshine/etc., but that's an unpopular opinion, apparently.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
Pac Man World 1 (and 2!) is legit. 3 is kind of a wreck but almost worth it for the bizarrely sarcastic writing and voice acting.

I've never been much of a Zelda fan. I've only played five or so entries, and of those, only beat three, and of those three, the only ones I legitimately liked were Breath of the Wild (Which was a pleasant surprise) and Link's Awakening (Which was fantastic)

As far as 3D Mario goes, I've always preferred 3D/Land & World to 64/Sunshine/etc., but that's an unpopular opinion, apparently.
giphy.gif

But I'm suprised so many people played Pac Man World lol

Man, Castle of Illusion was something else.

But I gotta tell you, I downloaded the demo of the remake and noped right the hell out after five minutes because it was just too noisy.

Between the overstuffed narration and the added sfx to Mickey's every little thing, you could barely register the already softer (read: weaker, sorry) remixes of those memorable music tracks. It just wasn't for me.

Ducktales Remastered on the other hand... supoib.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
*High Fives*

It's the only one I ever played through and finished. Tried so many and always just got bored. BOoTW was the only one I had interest in.
It's the perfect game for my OCD lol
Did not stoped until I had all shrines.
lol, I have pretty weird preferences when it comes to Mario, to be fair. My favorite Mario game is Super Mario Land 2, of all things.

SMB3 is probably the best game in the series, though
15070150.gif

Lol I'm just kidding btw :P

Deleted member 34949

Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Man, Castle of Illusion was something else.

But I gotta tell you, I downloaded the demo of the remake and noped right the hell out after five minutes because it was just too noisy.

Between the overstuffed narration and the added sfx to Mickey's every little thing, you could barely register the already softer (read: weaker, sorry) remixes of those memorable music tracks. It just wasn't for me.

Ducktales Remastered on the other hand... supoib.
The narration definitely gets in the way, but it can be turned off, thankfully. The soundtrack is alright, but most of my favorite songs were removed (like the boss theme) or arranged to the point of being unrecognizable. The Genesis OST is unlockable, though.

Ducktales Remastered though? I could gush all day about that one.

I've never played a Mario game I liked. I've tried...just can't.

I know, I know. I feel like I'm supposed to like them...but I don't.
And there's nothing wrong with that! The only time I've ever side eyed someone's gaming opinion is when a friend of mine tried to explain to me why Tetris is an aggressively boring affront to humanity.

It's the perfect game for my OCD lol
Did not stoped until I had all shrines.

15070150.gif

Lol I'm just kidding btw :P

Lol it's cool

Tchetil

Oct 28, 2017
I think just millenials like 3d Mario over 2D Mario. We dinosaurs know where the magic is at.

Zelda is the only Nintendo franchise that got better moving to 3D

It's the only one I ever played through and finished. Tried so many and always just got bored. BoTW was the only one I had interest in.
OJUWKzw.jpg

CLEANSE THIS FOUL PAGE
V7V2jXe.gif

The narration definitely gets in the way, but it can be turned off, thankfully. The soundtrack is alright, but most of my favorite songs were removed (like the boss theme) or arranged to the point of being unrecognizable. The Genesis OST is unlockable, though.

Ducktales Remastered though? I could gush all day about that one.

It was just so off-putting though, lol.

I went on and on joking around with my bro about the absurdity of needing narration for every little thing, like - **insert Mothra level screeching noise instead of "tortured squeak"**

Narrator voice: ("Mickey blinked.")

I'd forgotten they removed some of the best songs though, that sucks.

Speaking of Godlike music...

"Put yuir back into it, McDuck!!"

FUME5

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

$469 in Australia (1,193.97 BRL).

Last edited:

Sheng Long

Oct 27, 2017
Earth

That's insane. We should send you one from the States.