• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

YukiroCTX

Prophet of Regret
Oct 30, 2017
I think you tagged the wrong person because I didn't write that quote for MHW as it's a duplication. All deserved spots. Though I didn't nominate them, I'm really surprised about how Astrobot managed to get nominated.
I think polling result total could be contribution to no console launch this year and Nintendo which contributed to having a huge bulk of results last year having a far weaker lineup this year.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
VC4 not in the top 20 hurts my soul :(

EDIT: Love all the included data. Shame we had less of a turnout in terms of votes this year.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
South Carolina
Good job those who worked hard on this, and congratulations Sony for Dad of Boy winning GOTY

now yall dont embarrass yourselves console warrioring or getting salty aight?

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Welp, looks like 2018 was a flop compared to 2017.

unknown.png
Everyone saw your brief list and figured "well if JC ain't gushing then it's not worth voting"

Looks like you'll have to rectify that this year!

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
Well deserved for God of War. Also surprised at Spidey beating out RDR2 for #2.

Lol at that Detroit salt. It was an amazing game and the best the genre has ever produced.

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Curious about the severe drop off in people voting. Maybe because 2018 wasn't as strong as 2017 for multiplatform games?

StraySheep

Oct 26, 2017
Really like the list, would be even better is Into the Breach and Obra Dinn could have taken Detroit and Ass Creeds spots.

Bumrush

Oct 25, 2017
Incredible job to all involved on creating this thread.

So happy for GoW, CB and the SSM team. One of the very best gaming experiences I've ever had.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
I get the feeling Era really liked God of War lol. Anyway bit of a slow year for me only had two games in the end that I wanted to give Game of the year status too. Everything else I played was from 2017 or older.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
People getting too hung up on the use of the word remake, consider that category re-releases, late ports and remakes and it makes sense.

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I really want someone to do the thing from years past where you can find the member whose list most closely matches yours.

SliceSabre

Oct 25, 2017
Why is Hollow Knight considered a remake? I don't think anybody actually considers it one unless ports are now remakes.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
Why isnt Tetris Effect and Octopath in the top 20? They have more points than some games listed there.

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Year of the BOI

Totally deserved God of War and probably the most surprising emotional experience I've had in a game this year too from a franchise I didn't think in a million years I'd find it from. Especially in the same that my most anticpated sequel (RDR2) came out.

Surprised that Spider-Man got number 2 though and not exactly a pleasant one if I'm being honest.

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
Great work on the part of everyone who contributed to this, especially the main organizers! I couldn't quite settle on a top 10 and thought there were a couple of games that I haven't played enough yet to rank so I didn't vote, but I followed the topic and enjoyed a lot of the ballots.

ps3ud0

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
EA being so low in the votes is kinda surprising. Good trend though, some devs I need to check out...

ps3ud0 8)

OP
OP
SweetNicole

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017
12 and 13 are now showing. We had a missing quotation mark on the member tag quote for number 11 that was causing issues.

Aters

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Do we have fewer active users now, or 2018 sucked so much people just won't vote?

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017

Miamiwesker

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
RDR2 has way way way way more 1st place votes than Spider-Man, that's more impressive than Spider-Man getting some average by a little.

Darkgable

Nov 3, 2017
A big thank you for voting, collating, counting and putting this all together. And a big congrats to the winners.

Status
Not open for further replies.