• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
1. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - 483 votes
hestuo7jg5.gif

may the honeymoon phase never end :)

10. Hollow Knight - 208 votes
tenor.gif

the best indie game of the generation! super impressive. hollow knight is truly one of the best games ever made.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Best game won the top spot

Happy to see Mass Effect 2 hanging in there to this day as well

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
Aside from Galaxy 2 not being in the top 5 This list is pretty solid

KOfLegend

Jun 17, 2019
Disappointed in number #1 but expected from Era 😒

Kidding, kidding. As a huge Zelda fan, I had a miserable time with BotW and thought it was a disappointment, but I'm genuinely glad that it resonated with so many people. The franchise might just not be for me going forward, and that's fine.

No TWD: S1 in the top 30 is painful, though. You hurt me, Era. You hurt me.

Still wish the votes were weighted, though. I still think BotW would've been number one but the rest of the list would've been completely different, I think.

T.Rex In F-14

Oct 25, 2017
Best game won.

And it is going to bother me that 2009-2019 is 11 years. Thought this was best game of the 2010s?

AllMight1

Oct 27, 2017
Very glad on these choices and Hollow knight deserves that top 10. Glado to see Last of us on top 3

delete

Jul 4, 2019
Glad to see horizon zero dawn made the list. Forbidden West has such enormous potential to address all of the shortcomings of Zero Dawn as well as build upon it's strengths, so hyped for it.

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
Yep looks like a list of games people in this forum always talk about
Not my cup of tea but my tastes are pretty different than most, let's say, "hardcore" players

Pascal

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Parts Unknown
BotW at the top where it belongs. Super happy for Bloodborne, Dark Souls, Nier Automata and Hollow Knight making the top 10 as well!

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Impressed that Hollow Knight made it into the top 10, I didn't think you guys had it in you.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Fantastic list of games. Well done Era.

Herey

Unshakable Resolve
Jan 10, 2019
Definitely very single player centric but decent list tbf

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Nier Top 10 baby!

Odyssey almost made it to Top 10 too which is also surprising considering how much dislike I read for it on here

N.47H.4N

Oct 27, 2017
The first place was a given, but The Last of Us is the GOAT, great list, nice to see God of War so high and Hollow Knight top 10 is a great surprise.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Definitely deserved to be on the top 10.
Yeah, I'm not surprised though because Era tends to be very (if overly) favorable of BotW and also Bloodborne (which is absolutely one of my top 5 ever games). I prefer Odyssey a lot more than BotW, but this result was to be expected. TLoU is number one in my heart :')

Also, looking forward to trying Hollow Knight thanks to PS+, I've read great things about it.

Lonestar

Roll Tahd, Pawl
Oct 25, 2017
And I forgot to vote.

I won't forget to vote on November 3rd, though.

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
How can a 7/10 be #1? At least Bloodborne, Automata and Hollow Knight being in the top 10 shows this forum can be alright sometimes.

dkeane

Oct 27, 2017
That's a really nice list. Still have a couple to play.
No idea how Nintendo will top Zelda.

Party Sklar

Jan 7, 2020
The fact that Nintendo manages to be publisher of the decade with only one game in the top ten is a real statement on the diversity of the Nintendo audience, but also on the consistent quality of the games published by the company

jblanco

Oct 27, 2017
Bloodborne got ROBBED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not really, it is my #1, but BOTW is fucking amazing too :)

Great picks overall!

PtM

Banned
Dec 7, 2017
How bittersweet...
Nintendo, it's not too late to fix BotW's inverted aiming controls!

Deleted member 51789

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 9, 2019
Any chance we'll be able to see the complete result list? I always like seeing the lower reaches and how many people came to bat for niche games.

wrowa

Oct 25, 2017
That's not how decades work.
The voting was for 2010-2019. This thread is listing the years wrong.

To be honest, the entire OP looks rushed and isn't really doing a Game of the Decade voting justice. We're voting for the best games of an entire decade with thousands of nominated titles and yet only the top 10 is even worthy of a comment and/or a picture? And only a top 30? Compared to the GotY threads or the Essentials threads this looks rather lacking.