• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew J

Oct 26, 2017
The Adirondacks
Darksiders: Genesis

2020-02-1511.16.04tpkie.jpg

KDash

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Got 22 Jump Street and Creed on Blu-ray for $5 each at Walmart last week.

v2jBWxz.jpg

A good friend of mine sent me his GTX 1060 and a power supply after he bought some upgrades. They arrived on Thursday. I was using the GTX 1050 Ti that came with the PC my dad bought me last year for my birthday. Had to order an adapter for the power supply to work on my PC, which thankfully works fine.

ls4hfZz.jpg

6unT16Y.jpg

Pretty big size difference from the 1050 Ti and 1060...

FDxecfS.jpg

LegendX48

Oct 25, 2017
Got my extension cables!!

BU4Cb1a.jpg

and now the build!

tPADqIY.jpg

ZUpV3Gj.jpg

probably gonna replace that cooler later, its hella loud. Gonna replace that HDD as well, its incredibly slow

Advc

Nov 3, 2017
After months of saving and selling part of my collection of videogames, I finally managed to buy a proper CPU and GPU. A Ryzen 7 2700x and an RTX 2060 Super.
img_4741yokbo.jpg

I already had a Ryzen 5 2600 waiting for the GPU but just last week there was a sale going on at a local store selling the 2700x for just $135, brand new, so I got tempted and bought it. Will now sell the spare (and still sealed) 2600 CPU I already have. I know the 2700x is overkill for gaming but years ago I used to study 3D modeling and rendering but unfortunately I had to force myself to stop doing it due to my old PC which started to crap out so the 8 cores of this processor will come perfect for those tasks. I'm hyped to finally have a decent enough PC to go back to all of that, plus some gaming! I would be able to finally play freaking GTA V! lol

Got my extension cables!!

BU4Cb1a.jpg

and now the build!

tPADqIY.jpg

ZUpV3Gj.jpg

probably gonna replace that cooler later, its hella loud. Gonna replace that HDD as well, its incredibly slow

Looks excellent! Love the red and black theme you have here! How it's been overall? Does the stock cooler is really loud then? Cuz that's exactly the one I'm gonna install on my build hah.

LegendX48

Oct 25, 2017
After months of saving and selling part of my collection of videogames, I finally managed to buy a proper CPU and GPU. A Ryzen 7 2700x and an RTX 2060 Super.
img_4741yokbo.jpg

I already had a Ryzen 5 2600 waiting for the GPU but just last week there was a sale going on at a local store selling the 2700x for just $135, brand new, so I got tempted and bought it. Will now sell the spare (and still sealed) 2600 CPU I already have. I know the 2700x is overkill for gaming but years ago I used to study 3D modeling and rendering but unfortunately I had to force myself to stop doing it due to my old PC which started to crap out so the 8 cores of this processor will come perfect for those tasks. I'm hyped to finally have a decent enough PC to go back to all of that, plus some gaming! I would be able to finally play freaking GTA V! lol

Looks excellent! Love the red and black theme you have here! How it's been overall? Does the stock cooler is really loud then? Cuz that's exactly the one I'm gonna install on my build hah.
Thanks! The build in general went well, outside of the issue for why I needed extensions (sfx psu power cables are too short for the nzxt h210 case).

The cpu is a ryzen 5 3600 but I'm using the stock cooler that comes with the 3700x/3800x and, yeah, it is quite loud (to my ear). Every time I turn the system on its very audible. It's not annoying perse, but I'm absolutely going to replace it with something far quieter sooner rather than later as I'm a bit of a silence snob lol

Galdius

Oct 25, 2017
I got another AES game, two Switch games that I found for cheap and the new Yakuza collection.

fAMAfO3l.jpg

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
I thought I had something else to show too, but I can't remember lol.

Bought both the XB1 and PS4 versions of the Bayonetta/Vanquish remasters mainly because I love the steelbook boxart so much.
Bvu6qCk.jpg

Although, they look exactly the same.
ApqguDF.jpg

I can't even tell which is which if they don't have the slip-covers on or if I don't open them up and look at the actual discs.
h20iBy4.jpg

Strange was that while the XB1 copy had that usual sticker over the side to keep it closed that's on like... all games and movies, the PS4 copy did not.

MrBenchmark

Dec 8, 2017
Super envious of your collection! I'd love a classic PS1 and original PS2 and 3. I'd be worried about their reliability at this point from second hand stores.
Thanks for the compliment too finally have space after years of collecting as my kids move out.
Yeah they work perfect but I never use them. I use my modded PlayStation mini and my PS3 SS and PS4 Pro to play the older games. I used to have all my old systems hooked up but didn't want to leave them plugged in all the time anymore.

although I do have some duplicates that aren't as pretty that I hook up occasionally to my old tritron Sony CRT.

Last edited:

LegendX48

Oct 25, 2017
swapped out the HDD from my little itx machine for this

SdlFz52.jpg

Much better download speeds and such now

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Haven't posted in one of these threads in a while, so here are some of my recent pick ups. Especially happy to have Moon now. Only missing Lack of Love from the three Love-de-Lic titles now.

jDZcUyb.jpg

EzizRvB.jpg

xfWkVZl.jpg

LegendX48

Oct 25, 2017
Replacing all the HDDs in my main pc with SSDs

azBNB6w.jpg

Replacing an old 500gb HDD and 1TB HDD with one of these drives. Will likely replace my other two 1TB HDDs with a 2TB Crucial MX500 next month or so.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Oh yeah, these came in a month or so back too. Though, I've slowed down a lot of record collecting recently.
(Also I wish they had better art for the MGS1 sleeve)
Vince Staples - FM

0BAHYPj.jpg

Teepo671

Nov 1, 2017
Guam
IMG_1781.jpg

My pile of loot just came in today. It's actually 3 months worth of preorders that the retailer holds until you decide to ship it so you can save on shipping costs. After the Figuarts Jiren came in I decided to go ahead and have them ship it last week.
IMG_1780d654fc652cac06d7.jpg

The package included SH Figuarts SDCC Exclusive Ultimate Gohan, SH Figuarts SDCC Exclusive Golden Frieza, SH Figuarts SDCC Exclusive Kid Goku, SH Figuarts Jiren, Mafex Marvel Gwenpool, Kaguya Luna Figma and an Extreme Sets Subway Terminal Diorama 2.0.
Also picked up a copy of Dragon Quest XI on the Switch earlier this month.
IMG_1770.jpg

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Got these blurays like... a week ago of some old movies I remember really liking that I haven't seen in years.
r1Z8BGF.jpg

Been thinking about trying to start playing guitar again recently. I had to stop after a head injury back in 2008 because everytime I tried to do anything "delicate" like fret strings with my left hand, my entire arm would get really uncomfortable. The best way I know how to describe it is imagine the inside of your arm is a rubber band and the feeling is like if that rubber band got twisted so much it started to kink up and stuff.
Just last month I realized that while that still happens even if I just think about playing guitar, I used to get that feeling shortly after the accident just from playing video games or even typing and I eventually just "got used to it" or something. I wonder if I stick with it that it'll stop feeling that way if I play guitar enough.

Anyways, I saw these on sale on Fender.com on Presidents' Day for a fiver.
It's a small tin with 6 guitar picks in it. (two shown for front/back).
3NxrlxR.jpg

I don't know when I'll get around to start trying to play again, since I wanna paint or "blacken the chrome" on my bridge first and have to put it back together/set it up right and all that first (eh, I'm just making excuses here. I have other guitars too).

Been really interested in this series, but I really don't want to subscribe to Netflix.
yLN7m4r.jpg

Will most likely read it today/tonight since I'm just laid up on my couch sneezing my ass off (allergies always kicks my butt this time of year).

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
I'll have my monthly pick-ups and arrivals for February this Saturday.

Hope everyone is ready, because it'll be a doozy...

KDash

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Got a new hard drive for my PC a bit ago.

XB7nc14.jpg

Already installed it, and I'm installing games to it now. Did not have much free space left before.

Om8nATa.png

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
Well, as February comes to a close, time to post my pick-ups and arrivals from February since I won't be picking anything else up before the month ends.

A bit more than I thought I'd end up with, especially after I told myself to slow down after January, so this time, I really will slow down in March...or try my best to...

2CHpUxW.jpg

6Xf9PWJ.jpg

ZQ1YPm5.jpg

aXH1WwR.jpg

MrFreeze

Oct 13, 2019
Well, as February comes to a close, time to post my pick-ups and arrivals from February since I won't be picking anything else up before the month ends.

A bit more than I thought I'd end up with, especially after I told myself to slow down after January, so this time, I really will slow down in March...or try my best to...

2CHpUxW.jpg

6Xf9PWJ.jpg

ZQ1YPm5.jpg

aXH1WwR.jpg

This is all from one month?! Are you going to play all these games? Would love to see your collection btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.