• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 31, 2018
The rules of the game are simple: the time in minutes between the previous post in this topic and your post is your score.

We keep track of each person's total scores in a list. So please include your score every post.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am looking for a suitable website to keep track of all those scores per person so that we can follow them in real-time. (If you have an idea, please let me know!)

But for now, we'll do it this way:

Rankings:
1. Name | Total score | Score earned by current post
2. Name | Total score | Score earned by current post
3. Name | Total score | Score earned by current post
etc.

Last edited:
OP
OP
OrdinaryUsername
Mar 31, 2018
it seems like everyone just gets points as minutes pass
Now there are six minutes between your post (#5) and my post (#4), so that's 6 extra points for you. And there are four minutes between my post (#6) and your post (#5), so that's four points for me.

1. blame space | 7 | +6
2. AnOrdinaryUsername | 5 | +4
3. NESpowerhouse | 1

Ventilaator

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
But if I post exactly after 60 seconds every single time, I would get 1 point every single time, while preventing anyone else from getting any points (Zero minutes will have passed between their post and mine)

And I just keep doing that until I am crowned the champion of this game.

Hoping for a balance patch.

OP
OP
OrdinaryUsername
Mar 31, 2018
1. blame space | 7
2. PerfectFlaw | 6 | +6 (= number of minutes between post #6 and post #7)
2. AnOrdinaryUsername | 6 | +1 (= number of minutes between post #11 and post #12)
3. Kyuuji | 4 | +4 (= number of minutes between post #8 and post #9)
4. Zombine | 1 | +1 (= number of minutes between post #9 and post #10)
4. NESpowerhouse | 1
4. Ventilaator | 1 | +1 (= number of minutes between post #10 and post #11)

But if I post exactly after 60 seconds every single time, I would get 1 point every single time, while preventing anyone else from getting any points (Zero minutes will have passed between their post and mine)

And I just keep doing that until I am crowned the champion of this game.

Hoping for a balance patch.
For that reason, it would be a better idea not to allow double-posting.

Ashlette

Oct 28, 2017
So the whole point is to wait as long as possible to post without letting someone else "take" your points. Or am I wrong?

LProtagonist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
if someone just posts less than a minute after the previous post no one gains any points
and then I guess blame space wins

OP
OP
OrdinaryUsername
Mar 31, 2018
So the whole point is to wait as long as possible to post without letting someone else "take" your points. Or am I wrong?
That's right.
if someone just posts less than a minute after the previous post no one gains any points
That's also true.
So essentially this is just a game of chicken??
What is the "game of chicken" if I may ask?

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
So, basically, this is like oddball in Halo?

Please don't add me to the scoreboard, thanks. Also, please don't waste your time on this. Do something worthwhile with your time, OP.

OP
OP
OrdinaryUsername
Mar 31, 2018
So I did not explain this Thread Necromancy forum game properly. Moreover, I can't find any automated program or code that keeps track of the time between posts itself, and creates a ranking for players.

No, I am discontinuing this and withdrawing.

Shiz Padoo

Oct 13, 2018
Please don't include me in the results. I just wanted to post this.

giphy.gif

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
This thread seems to have reached a conclusion, but for future reference, contentless bumping games isnt something we're particularly interested in hosting.

Status
Not open for further replies.