• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 26, 2017
Via The Playlist:
"Reservation Dogs," an all-new comedy set to hit FX On Hulu this summer. Set in rural eastern Oklahoma, the show follows a foursome of Indigenous American teenagers who commit crimes (and occasionally stop them) in a bid to head to California.

Waititi created the show alongside Native American filmmaker Sterlin Harjo, who hails from Oklahoma. "Reservation Dogs" is a passion project for Harlan and acts as an extension of his four previous films' look at indigenous Native Americans as they navigate the trials and pitfalls of modern society. "Mekko," Harjo's latest film, hit the festival circuit back in 2015.

This looks amazing.

May 24, 2019
I haven't seen anything by Harjo, but it seems to carry over the sensibilities of Taika's NZ movies. Plus maybe a little light Harmony Korine with casting local weird characters (I assume those twins are pretty much playing themselves)

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
looks neat. can already kinda feel like "I'm gunna watch the first season and really enjoy it but fall off at the second and catch up on Hulu when the series finale comes".

May 22, 2018
Thought I'd bump this since the first two episodes came out today. Anyone here watch it yet? I can't until tonight.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Just watched the first episode. Some solid laughs and the cast seems fun. Looking forward to more.

Nacho

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
oh nice thanks for the bump here, i was looking forward to this, gonna check it out.

orlock

Oct 28, 2017
watched this with my partner last night, the first two episodes were really great. excited to see what else is in store for the rest of the season, but im definitely in so far.

WizdogC

Oct 27, 2017
Loved the first two episodes and the slice of life take so far. Ahhh, these new fresh perspectives in TV and Film are so amazing. Glad we're finally getting shows like this. Definitely I'm sure there have been others to pave the way, but to find out the entire cast and crew (writers, producers, directors) are all POC's/Indigenous is so amazing to see.

Vonocourt

Oct 25, 2017
Yo, like five minutes into the first episode and this is already perfect.

EDIT: They're smashing street lights to pull copper wire, I'm fucking dying!

Last edited:

Vonocourt

Oct 25, 2017
Goddamn at this dialogue, and the rhythm all these performances and editing create.

There are just so many different voices with different cadences that are deftly intermingle in just this first episode

BlueTsunami

Oct 29, 2017
The title card not hitting until they acquired their name was real smooth. This show is fantastic. Feels like the Atlanta of the res, not so much in that it's derivative, more that the voice it has is novel and confident in itself.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
I thought the 3rd episode was the funniest so far.

Everything with the Uncle character was great and the opening w/the couple in the car was well done.

dejay

Nov 5, 2017
Available in Australia on Binge (first two episodes anyway so far). Glad this thread caught my eye - might have missed it.