• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Biosnake

Oct 25, 2017
LA Times

"The nation's relentless culture wars appear to have taken a toll even on the NFL, with a large number of Republicans saying they have soured on the league and expressing disapproval of its efforts to improve the treatment of Black players, a new Los Angeles Times/SurveyMonkey poll shows."

yikes

Oct 26, 2017
Seeing End Racism when their favorite team scores shatters a piece of their brain every time so better to turn it off and bury their hand (back) in the sand.

olubode

Oct 28, 2017
i think data scientists need to be more careful when revealing results like this. Especially when a (admittedly really intelligent) sports reporting can destroy observations made in a poll with a single tweet.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What the hell does "too much" even mean, here? Made some of them millionaires?

Ketch

Oct 25, 2017
Good. Don't watch it then. I hope their lives suck and continue to get worse.

edit: Maybe eventually being miserable all the time will help them change their ways, or they'll go extinct because nobody else wants to live the way they do.

Kainazzo

Dec 13, 2017
My father has this mindset, and hardly watch NFL games any more. He's switched to college football, but as topics uncomfortable to him spread there too, I've noticed he's increasingly moving to local high school football.

mrchad

Oct 27, 2017
Huh. I stopped watching the NFL years ago after the constant player exploitation and blackballing of vocal black players became too much. But I guess I had the NFL all wrong …

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
I would argue it's a sentiment that's not new. And the funny thing is the NFL is pretty much the same trash org it was ten years ago, they just make sure to pay for 'NFL cares!' ads during the games. But even having a bunch of NFL players for like 30 seconds giving out Turkeys or whatever is just too much for a fanbase that insists they keep it to just hitting each other and running/catching a ball.

Oct 27, 2017
The more fragile white people that fuck off from the things I enjoy (even though the NFL makes that increasingly difficult for me) makes them that much better and more enjoyable.

White people are threatened and oppressed by black and brown people simply breathing so....

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
i heard the sentiment over plenty thanksgiving dinners since Kaepernick. either they weren't super into football to begin with or they just kept on watching and betting same as they did 10-15 years ago

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
My father has this mindset, and hardly watch NFL games any more. He's switched to college football, but as topics uncomfortable to him spread there too, I've noticed he's increasingly moving to local high school football.
Has he ever vocalized exactly what matters he feels the NFL is being too supportive of black players on? Charities? Causes? Hats and tshirts? Still salty about the kneeling?

The more fragile white people that fuck off from the things I enjoy (even though the NFL makes that increasingly difficult for me) makes them that much better and more enjoyable.

White people are threatened and oppressed by black and brown people simply breathing so....
That old saying that everything really does look like oppression to them was never more poignant than right now.

Oct 26, 2017

Tell him be careful he might catch some CRT.

Sorry to hear your father is this way, lot of our parents have been consumed by hatred.

Duncan

Oct 25, 2017
The UFC show last night apparently had a giant "Free Joe Rogan" chant.

Maybe they should quarantine all the chuds over there.

Booya_base

Oct 31, 2017
Jersey
Listening to how comically evil people were when they integrated the baseball leagues - whites and (I can't believe I'm saying this) the "negro" league via The Dollop I can very much believe they have this stupid bigoted attitude about NFL, it's just sad that it persists so much in 2022

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
What the hell does "too much" even mean, here? Made some of them millionaires?
After reading the article it's tied to stuff like the Rooney rule and the conservative's belief that racism against black Americans is a thing of the past. And that what they are really doing is enabling racism against white people because of "x, y, z". So, the usual gibberish.

Piggus

Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
These shitheads are saying the same thing about college football when teams have stickers on their helmets like "End Racism" and stuff like that. Imagine being fucking triggered by a sticker that says End Racism.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
I'm guessing more white people feeling butthurt seeing anything that reminds them they can't be as racist as they want to.

Kainazzo

Dec 13, 2017
Has he ever vocalized exactly what matters he feels the NFL is being too supportive of black players on? Charities? Causes? Hats and tshirts? Still salty about the kneeling?
He thinks "wokeness" is a manufactured, coordinated grift from liberal elites to somehow take his money, using black people as their mouthpieces and puppets. Thus, a portion of anything he gives to the NFL empowers this grift. He was also a big believer in death panels back in the day.

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
okay. do it.

reminds me of when they were constantly complaining about NBA player pay

Hoa

Jun 6, 2018
They probably just heard about the lineup for the Superbowl half time show didn't they?

Lebron

Oct 30, 2017
Father in law is one of them. He won't watch the NFL anymore and rather watch college as they "have them in line".

Whatever breh. You still about to watch the Texans stank up this joint when you visit our house

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
These shitheads are saying the same thing about college football when teams have stickers on their helmets like "End Racism" and stuff like that. Imagine being fucking triggered by a sticker that says End Racism.
Lemme guess, it goes something like: "I'm not against ending racism, I just don't like politics in my sports!".