• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Nude_Tayne

Jan 8, 2018
earth
one can only hope that the corp./centrist Dem leadership will not waste millions of $$$ (like they did on Ben Nelson in 2011 before he last minute decided to become a lobbyist) trying to get her cringe ass reelected in 2024.
Sinema is Dem poison now. She's helped to tank massive Dem legislation and is vehemently hated by Dem voters. The Democrat establishment is stupid but not that stupid..... I hope.

darkwing

Oct 25, 2017
how does a state with only hundreds of thousands of people control the country

how is that democracy

I don't think America's founders got this right

Dekim

Oct 28, 2017
Sinema is Dem poison now. She's helped to tank massive Dem legislation and is vehemently hated by Dem voters. The Democrat establishment is stupid but not that stupid..... I hope.
Long-time Dem consultant Paul Begala blamed Dem voters for being "bad followers" on CNN a couple days ago. I've stopped telling myself "Dem leadership can't be this stupid, right?" I've since concluded that yes, yes they can be that stupid.

TooBusyLookinGud

Graphics Engineer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
California
Justified. From my perspective, she is the worst Senator ever elected by the Dems in my lifetime.

She will either be destroyed in the primaries or, more likely, she'll refuse to seek re-election.
She's done. She will make a lot of money from her corporate donors and continue to tank the Dem plan while in office. She knows it's over, and she will drag Dems with her. Polling at 45% leaves room for error, but polling at 8% is abysmal, and there is no coming back from that.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
She's done. She will make a lot of money from her corporate donors and continue to tank the Dem plan while in office. She knows it's over, and she will drag Dems with her. Polling at 45% leaves room for error, but polling at 8% is abysmal, and there is no coming back from that.
Yeah she is finished in Arizona. Shes never going to be a Trumper so republicans and moderates will vote for the trumper not her

With basically zero support from the Left.

She either runs for president or she simply steps down. I mean at that point she would have thoroughly fucked the dems and this country entirely so what else could she hope to accomplish anyway?

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
We're not having a civil war in two years. Stop. Shit will get worse but a civil war where states are going to battle and people are killing eachother in the streets isnt happening in 2024.

We have already seen a violent attack on the capital. If you don't think this country has the potential to explode into violence in a hotly contested 2024 election you are being incredibly naive. We could potentially have red state electoral boards giving states the Democrats won to Trump/DeSantis or the GOP calls it another stolen election if they lose. You could see violence preventing Democrats from voting in the election easily as well. The seal was already popped on violence on 1/6 and the GOP is continuing to stoke violent rhetoric. If the union collapses in 2024, which I think it will, expect mass violence.

Warhawk4Ever

Banned
Jun 23, 2021
We have already seen a violent attack on the capital. If you don't think this country has the potential to explode into violence in a hotly contested 2024 election you are being incredibly naive. We could potentially have red state electoral boards giving states the Democrats won to Trump/DeSantis or the GOP calls it another stolen election if they lose. You could see violence preventing Democrats from voting in the election easily as well. The seal was already popped on violence on 1/6 and the GOP is continuing to stoke violent rhetoric. If the union collapses in 2024, which I think it will, expect mass violence.

I'm sorry but this is laughable to me. Think what you want but anyone who says the country will be done in two years is someone I will not take serious.

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Don't worry Jen Psaki have a solution!

I'm sure when Democrats do a post mortem after the midterms to figure out why people hate them so much they would once again come to the conclusion that the problem is that they weren't racist or homophobic enough, rather than they let such condescending out of touch dickheads be the face of the party.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
Basically reads "Hey if you have money, just have fun ignore this shit!" Sounds like dem leadership in a nutshell.

Caz

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I can see what they're trying to say i.e. take care of yourself and do something you love because this fight isn't over but...
1. It comes across as classless and tasteless and
2. It failed because you couldn't keep two of your assholes from being assholes on a fundamental right in your bloody country (Yes Republicans filibustering it deserve the majority of the scorn but they're not the ones saying to keep up the good fight in a pivotal midterm. Hell, Manchin was a fucking cosponsor of the John Lewis Voting Rights Act!) and now other Democrats need to find one way of getting around the filibuster that Buttchin and Sinnerma won't whinge about.

TheOMan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

I'm sure when Democrats do a post mortem after the midterms to figure out why people hate them so much they would once again come to the conclusion that the problem is that they weren't racist or homophobic enough, rather than they let such condescending out of touch dickheads be the face of the party.

So that quote is actually accurate.

I don't even know what to say anymore.

haziq

Oct 29, 2017
I mean, what else is she supposed to say? It's not like they have any power to do anything. The entire country is being held hostage by two individual senators who were willing to tank the future of their political careers over this, let alone that of the larger party.

I wish they could press the big red "DO SOMETHING" button too, but it's not the reality right now.

Thordinson

Aug 1, 2018
I mean, what else is she supposed to say? It's not like they have any power to do anything. The entire country is being held hostage by two individual senators who were willing to tank the future of their political careers over this, let alone that of the larger party.

I wish they could press the big red "DO SOMETHING" button too, but it's not the reality right now.

Probably not patronize people and be so out of touch with the working class?

I don't anyone expects her to be able to change anything.

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

She supposed to not come a rich out of touch person that politics are only a game to them.
At the very least.

I mean for fuck's sake her single job is to generate good soundbites that would help the Democrats politically, like that's the job description.
And she's fucking terrible at that.

Why can't the just fire her already?
She's been in the job long enough to pad her resume she can go and have a well paying nothing job in the private sector like ffs get someone who doesn't suck at it.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017

I'd love a step-by-step guide on what "keep fighting" actually looks like in these people's minds. I suspect it involves a lot of donating to the Democratic party and going back to work in person to die for the economy.