• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
if there's one thing you can count on republicans for, its defending the military state's occupation of these countries indefinitely. It just so happens that they are on the right side this time (specifically regarding our treatment of the kurds).

Let's not all turn into Ellen and start yucking it up with George Bush at a ballgame because Trump is continuing to be garbage.

lowmelody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My admittedly wishful thinking that this entire mess is vivid, unilateral and consequential enough that lawful evil can finally use it as something to peel themselves away from chaotic evil that they rightfully see as an eternal blackhole of L's seems to be unfolding.

Turtle Thing throwing the Senate in his face means it's fuck or walk when the time for veto comes and after that there is no going back and the previously impossible fantasy of senatorial impeachment prosecution and removal becomes almost inevitable as the race to salvage the brand(lol) from shitbag immediately sparks thereafter.

Browshirts, ya boy is slippin away from ya.

electricblue

Oct 27, 2017
I like the Daddy Putin takes but I think it's more likely Erdrogan talked him into this because he's a dumb idiot who takes the side of whoever talked to him last

ForKevdo

Nov 2, 2017
So when all the murdering happens and Trump does nothing about it, this means he approves of it, right?

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Who are they to question Trump's great and unmatched wisdom?

I genuinely had to double check this wasn't a parody account. We've gone full RPG villain. Who the fuck talks like this?

"I, in my great and unmatched wisdom"

"I will totally destroy and obliterate the Economy of Turkey"

What the fuck...

Doggg

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Nov 17, 2017
I genuinely had to double check this wasn't a parody account. We've gone full RPG villain. Who the fuck talks like this?

What the fuck...

A clumsily translated jrpg, at that

wandering

flâneur
Oct 25, 2017

What the fuck...

I, Garland, will knock you all down!

True Underdog

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
I like the Daddy Putin takes but I think it's more likely Erdrogan talked him into this because he's a dumb idiot who takes the side of whoever talked to him last

I think earlier in this thread or the other thread about this, it was stated that Erdrogan didn't even know this was going to happen.

I could be mistaken though, or the information could be corrected. But that's what I read ~9hrs ago.

Garrett 2U

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"My great and unmatched wisdom"

There is no way Trump goes back on this. It would make him look weak, as if he did something unwise.

Hopefully this is the straw that breaks the elephant's back. Get him out of the White House.

Afterimage

Oct 27, 2017
What kind of international response can we expect from this? Will other leaders stand up and call this out?

DavidDesu

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
I wonder why...
pjrb4NV.jpg
Urgh Jesus Christ America. It is simply unbelievable that this man is still the president. It's mad he was ever even a candidate to be president. What the fuck is going on over there?

Crickey

Banned
Jul 16, 2019
This is very bad. Turkey wont do shit with the captured ISIS terrorists and pressure EU to do their bidding or they'll release them into the wild... Trump fucking everyone over.

Deleted member 40133

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 19, 2018
Remember when people thought the next president will spend their entire term(s) in office apologizing to every country and building trust. We were wrong, it'll be the next two presidents, and even then.....nothing will ever be the same. From a Canadian perspective it's like if your next door his casually rolled up to your front door and took a dump. It's like uhhhhh sure you can talk it out, move past it.....are things ever REALLY going to be the same?

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
Remember when people thought the next president will spend their entire term(s) in office apologizing to every country and building trust. We were wrong, it'll be the next two presidents, and even then.....nothing will ever be the same. From a Canadian perspective it's like if your next door his casually rolled up to your front door and took a dump. It's like uhhhhh sure you can talk it out, move past it.....are things ever REALLY going to be the same?

That's only for Democrats, like Obama.

Fiction

Fanthropologist
Oct 25, 2017
Elf Tower, New Mexico
This is legit terrifying. More than anything else he's done. He's literally insane. I feel like we a teetering on the edge of total collapse and a breath could send us over.

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
I'm glad republicans are fighting but they simpley abandoned these people and left them to die. So not like this please.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
I love how no one puts even a portion of the blame on Turkey, it's like they are almost there but cant quite get it
It's offical policy not to acknowledge the fact they are the first country to inspire the creation of the term genocide.

Armenian genocide denial goes to show how bad holocaust denialism could've been if we in the usa weren't so much against it.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
Any more than the ramifications of throwing all our other international friendships and our own Intelligence and Diplomatic communities under the bus?

ISIS doesn't affect people on US soil one iota, other than as a bogeyman. In foreign territory it certainly could have a bigger effect for US interests, esp. given how we've destabilized international friendships and undermined Intelligence/Diplomatic efforts over the past 3 yrs.

To their voters, the Boogeyman is all that matters.

ISIS wasn't a boogeyman.

If their expansion hadn't been stopped they would've be in control of several oil reserves and that would've fucked the economy.

Setsune

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
This is literally the GOP's last chance to use the 25th Amendment, Section 4, and maybe save some face. He's never been more Shoe-on-Head Insane than he is now. (With no insult meant to anyone struggling with mental illness. Or Vermin Supreme.) He will absolutely kick up a fight about the "Deep State usurping him", and we'll definitely have some MAGA terrorist bullshit to deal with following up, but it's only going to get worse from here.

I know it's a pipe dream, but it really is their best shot of hitting the eject button and changing the narrative radically, compared to "the GOP are complete traitors to this country and have completely destroyed our global credibility".

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
Yes, the damage that Trump has done to the international standing of the US will take decades to fix. The reputation of the US wasn't great anyway, since it had spent decades fucking over any country that it didn't like the look of, but at the very least, there was a long-standing unquestioning commitment to alliances like NATO.

By now, it should be clear other NATO members can't rely on the US coming to their aid if they're attacked. Even once Trump is gone, the US is never more than four years away from potentially electing another fuckwit who thinks it's fun to throw geopolitical grenades on to Twitter. Anything that can happen once can happen again, and a country can't be a reliable ally when every four to right years there's a non-zero chance of it becoming a rogue actor.

It'll take a while for that message to filter through fully to people like European heads of state. There'll be reluctance to accept the burden of additional defence spending and there will be temptations for people to believe that Trump is a once-off and that things will just go back to "normal" after he's gone. The logic, though, is inexorable. Trump has flung a whole lot of shit that can't be unflung.

Freakzilla

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
This is literally the GOP's last chance to use the 25th Amendment, Section 4, and maybe save some face. He's never been more Shoe-on-Head Insane than he is now. (With no insult meant to anyone struggling with mental illness. Or Vermin Supreme.) He will absolutely kick up a fight about the "Deep State usurping him", and we'll definitely have some MAGA terrorist bullshit to deal with following up, but it's only going to get worse from here.

I know it's a pipe dream, but it really is their best shot of hitting the eject button and changing the narrative radically, compared to "the GOP are complete traitors to this country and have completely destroyed our global credibility".

Do Republicans or the core base even care? They probably view this as a good thing. To many of them there's no difference between ISIS, Kurds, Syrians, etc.

MadraptorMan

Oct 27, 2017
Niigata, Japan
I dunno with all these assholes rallying against the withdrawal it's starting to look like a good thing...I mean these guys are almost always on the wrong side of any ethical argument.