• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, how can they reverse or mitigate his decision? And even if they could, why would they do it if it will put them in Trump's crosshairs politically?
Because, believe it or not, Trump can still cross the line politically for republicans. They will conveniently forget this ever happened if his decision is reversed, however. No one ever fucking learns their lesson in the GOP

SugarNoodles

Nov 3, 2017
Portland, OR
line_sand.jpg

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is there any logical reason for Trump to.. do this? I don't get it

He's being paid to. You don't think he became President of the United States because he wanted to do good, right? He did it because he can use his position of power to leverage for big payouts. Dude is probably scheming to walk out of the White House with several billion dollars more than he walked in with.

Ain't nothing but a cash cow to him.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
I said this in the other thread but I'm kind of getting a read that the GOP is very low key trying to test the waters and see how constituents respond to the party opposing Trump. I could be (probably am) wrong but in the full context of everything going on regarding Trump it's an observation worth noting.

Starwing

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2018
Because, believe it or not, Trump can still cross the line politically for republicans. They will conveniently forget this ever happened if his decision is reversed, however. No one ever fucking learns their lesson in the GOP
I'm somewhat surprised that this is a line for them, especially since he's the kind of guy to do this kind of thing.

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017

AYF 001

Oct 28, 2017
If only there was some way for Republicans to stop trump from betraying everyone and everything. What could they possibly do? 🤔

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I really don't know why the GOP backs Trump. Their voters will back ANY Republican.

Loathe as I am to admit it, President Pence would do their bidding just as well AND he wouldn't destabilize the Middle East with an errant, impulsive tweet that makes our nation an embarrassment to the entire world.

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
If only there were something the GOP could do about it...

Oct 25, 2017
I love how no one puts even a portion of the blame on Turkey, it's like they are almost there but cant quite get it

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
It includes lots of bots

There are still more comments than likes
One thing I've noticed is there is a direct correlation of Likes on one of his tweets to replies. The ratio is ridiculously consistent. This is one of the rare times he's actually gotten "ratio'd"

julian

Oct 27, 2017
I said this in the other thread but I'm kind of getting a read that the GOP is very low key trying to test the waters and see how constituents respond to the party opposing Trump. I could be (probably am) wrong but in the full context of everything going on regarding Trump it's an observation worth noting.
Here's hoping.

Josh378

Oct 27, 2017
Dude seriously someone needs to stand behind Trump desk and karate chop him in the neck and knock him unconscious when he starts thinking of crazy stuff for international policies. And when he wakes up tell him it was all a dream.

I mean somebody needs to step in and just tell this man he out of his cotton-picking mind.

Solace

Dog's Best Friend
Oct 29, 2017
Who are they to question Trump's great and unmatched wisdom?

OMFG this is actually a real tweet, holy shit. I had to check that myself. Great and unmatched wisdom??? Fucking really?
I have to hand it to Trump. I mean, every time he says something stupid, I am like this is it. This can't be topped, but lo and behold, he comes out and sets a new standard.

1.21Gigawatts

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Munich
Yeah, Trump offended the military industrial complex, big mistake.
It's not like anyone gives an actual fuck about the Kurds or the situation in Syria, but ending military interventions hurts defense corporations and contractors cash flow. You can't do that.
These industries need growth, thats the only thing that counts at the stock market.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Oct 28, 2017
OMFG this is actually a real tweet, holy shit. I had to check that myself. Great and unmatched wisdom??? Fucking really?
I have to hand it to Trump. I mean, every time he says something stupid, I am like this is it. This can't be topped, but lo and behold, he comes out and sets a new standard.
There is no bottom with Trump. Always expect worse and you'll never be disappointed.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Is there any logical reason for Trump to.. do this? I don't get it

Trump is ideologically opposed to American resources and soldiers being used over seas in conflicts that he thinks should be dealt with by someone else. Trump had already ceded some of the front with ISIS and terrorists in Syria to be fought by Assad's army, Iran, and Russia, back in ~2017. This would be a similar move with Turkey.

Wait, how can they reverse or mitigate his decision? And even if they could, why would they do it if it will put them in Trump's crosshairs politically?

Trump has shown a willingness to backdown on abrupt, incoherent foreign policy decisions when a quorum of Republicans, and notably Fox news commentators, don't back those decisions.

Particularly his original Tweet announcing a withdrawal from Syria, or more recently when he said hed be completely closing the Mexican border in ~24 hours.

I think these Republicans are going public because they know getting Fox News to support (or report on) their decision will be the best way to influence Trump, where going privately to him won't work as well because he just supports whatever foreign policy decision that the last person who talks to him supports.

Last edited: