• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 60295

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 28, 2019
The RNC knows this shouldn't be planned now.
The people that would want to attend this know they shouldn't be gathering to do this.
Everyone involved even in the most infinitesimal of ways understands that the virus exists and what the circumstances/risks/consequences are.

Citation needed. To be honest, I'm not certain what is going on in the minds of the GOP right now. It feels like the entire party decided that they needed to voluntarily turn off their brains in order to appeal to Trump's idiotic cult base. This is gonna be electoral suicide for them, cause their re-election chances are gonna be seriously diminished if a lot of them and/or their voters die before November.

I suspected that COVID-19 would likely be the end of the Republican party, but I never expected it to be so literal. Killing all of themselves to own the libs. It defies any reasonable explanation. Like, Reagen knew exactly what he was doing when he sold americans on the idea that the wealth would trickle down. The Bush administration knew exactly what they were doing when they used 9/11 as an excuse to start illegal wars in the Middle East. But the GOP post-Trump seems to have had a collective brain drain, because otherwise they wouldn't be going along with this shit.

Last edited:

DntSpwnOnMe

Oct 25, 2017
It is a bluff. They don't want to hold it. They want to make not having it a taking point when the Democratic Governor moves to block it. I can see it now. "Well, we wanted to hold It but the Governor, who is very weak on crime/immigration, blocked it. Blocked you from exercising your rights"

lenovox1

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone that willingly attends a convention during a pandemic is a crazie as far as Im concerned

It's not just the attendees that are impacted. The local community of Charlotte (including the convention staff, attendants, and contractors + retail workers + hospitality workers), transportation employees, and anyone and everyone they directly interact with after they get home. And these people come from every inch of the country.

captmcblack

Oct 25, 2017
It is a bluff. They don't want to hold it. They want to make not having it a taking point when the Democratic Governor moves to block it. I can see it now. "Well, we wanted to hold It but the Governor, who is very weak on crime/immigration, blocked it. Blocked you from exercising your rights"

This is probably the play too.

Tragicomedy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Could also relate to insurance. I read elsewhere that multiple conferences have to keep planning as if they will hold events in order to receive insurance payout due to an act of god (e.g. pandemic) forcing the cancellation. Don't know if that's the case here, though.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
The two places this is taking place at, Spectrum Center and the Charlotte Convention Center, are pretty much right in the middle of the city. People coming in are going to spread it even more than it already has spread through Charlotte and Mecklenburg county.

noquarter

Oct 25, 2017
Y'all really need to fuck off with that ignorant crap. It happens in thread after thread. If a bunch of republicans go get themselves sick, that isn't just going to affect republicans. They're going to get a lot of other people sick too, and innocents will suffer and die.
This.

I do t care if they get sick, but they are going to spread this to 100s of thousands of people that dont want to do stupid shit. They are also going to end up taking hospital beds of people that got it from there stupidity or need it for other issues not related to them being stupid.

We already know that the people that are going to go wont be responsible and do the bare minimum of wearing a mask, so this will affect a lot more people than just the idiots that will attend.

stupei

Oct 26, 2017
Small minded "hur dur the republicans gon git sick not gon effect meeee" tier idiocy in this thread. If you think this you should be fucking ashamed.

The alternative is that somehow miraculously nobody gets sick after a massive public gathering and they all take the wrong lessons from it. There is no win here. There's nothing good to hope for. Either a bunch of people get sick and infect others or they don't get sick in this one instance (somehow) and all the people who think like them take it as a sign to behave even more irresponsibly and they inevitably get sick and infect others.

No matter what happens, this convention is going to kill a lot of people if it actually takes place. They're the ones causing that to happen. Nobody in this thread has any control over it.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Republicans are fully owning this reopen policy. When Coronavirus steadily increases 3-5% in the summer per day and when it starts going up 10% in September/October when schools resume and cold weather prolongs droplets and the reality sets in with stocks, they're going to lose by a landslide in November.

SpaceSong

Oct 25, 2017
The alternative is that somehow miraculously nobody gets sick after a massive public gathering and they all take the wrong lessons from it. There is no win here. There's nothing good to hope for. Either a bunch of people get sick and infect others or they don't get sick in this one instance (somehow) and all the people who think like them take it as a sign to behave even more irresponsibly and they inevitably get sick and infect others.

No matter what happens, this convention is going to kill a lot of people if it actually takes place. They're the ones causing that to happen. Nobody in this thread has any control over it.
I'm taking about the low effort shit heads in this thread. Of course the convention will either happen or not without my input. It always would.

But these "I hope they all get sick" takes are just so bad... Like how can you be so short sighted??? You should be hoping they don't fuck up Charlotte royally.

RoaminRonin

Nov 6, 2017
If they go through with this than it'll be a super spreading event, similar to the cult church in S.Korea.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Y'all really need to fuck off with that ignorant crap. It happens in thread after thread. If a bunch of republicans go get themselves sick, that isn't just going to affect republicans. They're going to get a lot of other people sick too, and innocents will suffer and die.
Yep

Rune Walsh

Too many boners
Oct 25, 2017
They can have a good old fashioned pox party. Don't open the doors until two months have passed.

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
Tbh every time I go to a very large convention (I'm talking PAX or E3 levels big), I typically end up getting sick. Tight spaces packed with so many people is just a cesspit for germs.

These environments are bad for germs spreading in the best of conditions. With Covid it's absolutely scary.

I know my state's Dem convention right now is virtual. I expect we'll hear that the National dem convention will be virtual pretty soon too.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
This will go about as well as that time Republicans drank raw milk to celebrate deregulation of milk.

dG6RQfQ.jpg

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
Wonderful. I live in Charlotte. There was a lot of talk previously since the city is pretty progressive about even wanting to hold the event here, but hard to turn down that kind of money. I won't be coming out of my apartment at all if this is true.

But why?

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
The end result of all these arguments is going to be a massive populist movement that gets so much attention from the media.

We can hope that the very people sitting at home and urging others to do the same are the ones that will set new records in voting Trump out, but I am skeptical.

The people holding these Republican conventions obviously don't care about killing their voters. They care about drowning out the voices of intelligent Americans like us, and they're succeeding more and more each day.

There has to be a counter-movement to these idiots before election day or we're stuck with Trump.

game-biz

Oct 25, 2017
I'm worried that they'll get other people who aren't fuckwits infected.

But, honestly, it would be wonderful if even a small percentage of these republicans die. We need a hero to lock them in for awhile.

DevilMayGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Yep, what happens when hospitals are crammed full of these idiots and then other responsible people who get sick don't have a bed or a ventilator because some dumbass MAGAts have them all spoken for? This shit just sucks, period. It hurts everyone.

Tap In

Oct 28, 2017
Gilbert AZ
Amazing how stupid they are willing to go to try and prove that people who believe in science are overreacting fools. I mean death to themselves or loved ones is way up there on the stupid list.

Also never saw that raw milk story above. Holy shit. It's like the past 100 years of regulations and laws didn't come at the expense of many human tragedies which caused reasonable people to create rules to prevent needless loss of life limb or property due to accidents, greed and stupidity.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
Also great news for me, I'm about 2 1/2 hrs drive from Charlotte so alot of chuckle fucks around me are definately gonna go to that convention guaranteed and they'll be bringing back their share of the virus. Fun times ahead...

JohnsonUT

Oct 27, 2017
The Convention is usually made up of thousands of delegates and leaders from the state level. There are usually large state conventions to decide who those people are going to be. Are those still going to take place as well?

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This would be terrible for all the innocent people they would indirectly infect afterwards. Hoping all the attendees in their sixties or seventies get it doesn't make up for that.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Lol...I accidentally read the thread title as

"RUSSIANS say they're moving ahead with plans to gather tens of thousands of people at the 2020 Republican National Convention"

Zellia

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Let them go then lock and barricade the building. If they're so desperate to get infected, fine, but they pose a much wider risk to communities.

Kilbane65

Oct 27, 2017
The movie plot writes itself:
The government and most of it's supporters decide to gather for a national convention during a major global pandemic. The bad guys sense the opportunity and engender a plot to target it in order to destabilize the US. The first step is to secretly collect virus samples from several hospitals by stealing fresh swab tests during transport. After that they need to prepare their agents for the incubation, while also working on ways to fool whatever measures they take to screen infected people. At last they deploy their agents inside only for a crack commando team of Tom Clancy operatives to covertly eliminate every single one of them. (and yes I know it sounds like the plot for Rainbow Six lol)

The plot twist is that the RNC goers end up infecting themselves anyways because republicans are that dumb.

Masterz1337

Oct 25, 2017
If liberals and Dems oppose this they'll want to do it even more lol.

This is a lose lose for everyone, if it happens you are going to have coronavirus spread through it, and then back into each and every state of which people are attending. Super dumb.