• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Van

Oct 25, 2017
i think some of my friends where there and i cant get ahold of them

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This is the text in OP's link:
Mass Shooting in Greenville TX at the Party Venue off 380, at a Texas A&M Commerce Homecoming Party, Over 20 people shot, 3 dead… Shooter still at large, Shooter has a high powered full auto rifle, hand guns, tactical knife and bulletproof vest, considered armed and dangerous… Hospital On lockdown… More updates coming soon… #CommunityAwareness #CheckOnYourPeople

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

#BREAKING: Mass shooting happened at a Homecoming party at Texas A&M Commerce overnight. At least two fatalities. More than a dozen injured. A .227 caliber rifle is believed to be used. Motive unknown. Commerce, Texas is in Hunt County — an hour east of Dallas.

Last edited:

Van

Oct 25, 2017
sadly their is videos going around twitter as well, shooter is still at large

Deleted member 23850

Oct 28, 2017
In College Station? Damn. Stay safe, Aggies.

EDIT: Sorry, misread it. About an hour from Dallas.

Van

Oct 25, 2017
their really isnt any gang activity here, commerce is rural, and we throw parties like this all the time :(

Am_I_Evil

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, this hits really close to home...went to school there and worked in Greenville my freshman year...

Van

Oct 25, 2017
Ok, looks like the Rangers and FBI are helping with local police, got a hold of my friends and they are ok, wasn't a assault rifle, a hand gun and he came through the back

TheMan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
CNN saying that eyewitness are either not cooperating or giving inconsistent stories and descriptions

The Argus

Oct 28, 2017
CNN saying that eyewitness are either not cooperating or giving inconsistent stories and descriptions

Inconsistent stories makes sense as it was in a crowded (750 people) Halloween event.

Not cooperating may mean this is gang related. A post on Reddit said that a bunch of guys left and came back geared up, but there's no source.

Whatever the cause, it's fucked up. But this is reading more like a hit with lots of collateral damage vs a random mass shooting.