• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Grim

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
London, UK.
Wait for it? They're going to be making millions of the damn thing. Some of you have some severe cases of FOMO, lol.

You're trying a bit too hard. The games are old PS4 classics. If you were genuinely interested in playing a few of them you'd have purchased them by now in the dozens of sales.

You're just kicking up a fuss because it's free and you can't get it because you don't fufill the requirement. Let people enjoy their small reward for splashing $500 on a companies new product. If you have a friend you can access them from, more power to you.

But the collection is a bonus for people who were able to purchase a PS5, suck it up.

rckvla

Oct 25, 2017
Lots of clowns in this thread defending that it's okay to take advantage and abuse a loop hole just to get some free stuff.

Hexcalibur

Jun 24, 2020
User Banned (3 Days): Hostility
Good god y'all some herbs lmao "wait, but that's illegal!" headasses.

This whole thing is dumb anyway, just let people redeem the shit on your shitty new online store lol.

I own most of these games already + have them on pc if applicable anyway, so spare me with your snarky little misuses of the word "entitlement" thanks. If Sony extends the period of this promotion (as they should) then good.

Windrunner

Sly
Oct 25, 2017
It really isn't that complicated, Sony are not going to care or even notice if you help out a friend or family member get these games.

If you buy or sell access to them however you're going to catch their attention and you deserve whatever console or account bans they see fit to dish out. This is a perk for PS+ subscribers who own a PS5, not a commodity for Del Boys on the internet to trade.

Christo750

May 10, 2018
Question; if and when I get a PS5 this year, do I need to keep my PS4 to transfer stuff? Or will it transfer/know what I have through PS+?

Windrunner

Sly
Oct 25, 2017
Question; if and when I get a PS5 this year, do I need to keep my PS4 to transfer stuff? Or will it transfer/know what I have through PS+?

You don't. Honestly it's quicker to just sign into your PS5 and download your cloud saves and plug in an external drive with all your games on instead of doing a transfer.

Skeff

Oct 29, 2017
I mean logging onto your friends ps5 with your account is fine. The problem is likely in the ToS of people logging into other peoples accounts for them. If sony see someone is logged in in London, then logs off and logs in in manchester within a few minutes, claims games on a ps5 and then logs back into their ps4 in london to download them all in the space of 20 minutes your going to get banned. Especially if that PS5 has the same behaviour with many other PS4- only accounts. Just think about it...

My daughter has downloaded some of the games on her ps4 that she activated on my ps5, Sony wont care about that because it's the same IP address, no big fiasco.

Akelisrain

Oct 30, 2017
Bel Air MD
The collection isn't going to go away, I think you can still cop the PS Vita collection when you jump on. No one made a fuss when that dropped.

Nov 18, 2017
This should've just been a perk for ps+, just call it the instant game collection again like they did for the ps3.

I think people are rightfully upset that ps+ doesn't quite meet the value it needs for the cost it asks. If I were still subscribed I would be quite upset that I'd been gated out of features of a service that already provided so little anyways.

Euler007

Jan 10, 2018
95eaaa549a9e4e29a5125226cf32ef7e.png

OP
OP
Era of not Yakuza
Dec 4, 2017
Brazil
This should've just been a perk for ps+, just call it the instant game collection again like they did for the ps3.

I think people are rightfully upset that ps+ doesn't quite meet the value it needs for the cost it asks. If I were still subscribed I would be quite upset that I'd been gated out of features of a service that already provided so little anyways.
That is actually a very good point
PS+ has been losing value over the years, Sony charges the same amount but gives way less content.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You don't. Honestly it's quicker to just sign into your PS5 and download your cloud saves and plug in an external drive with all your games on instead of doing a transfer.

Yep.

Or if you're like me and you're lucky enough to have extremely fast Internet and no data cap, just redownloading whole digital games (depending on how many you want) is probably better too.

etrain911

Oct 27, 2017

This whole thing is dumb anyway, just let people redeem the shit on your shitty new online store lol.

I own most of these games already + have them on pc if applicable anyway, so spare me with your snarky little misuses of the word "entitlement" thanks. If Sony extends the period of this promotion (as they should) then good.

This is a great post, it's some fucking Randall from Recess style corporate bootlicking.

Phantom_Snake

The Fallen
Jul 26, 2018
Montana

Theres nothing to extend. Sony never gave a cut off date so as far as we know this promotion could last the entirety of the generation.

Jmdajr

Oct 25, 2017
A perk for scalpers I guess. I think they should throw current owners a bone.

Either way I will live.

McFly

Nov 26, 2017
I see no problem in exploiting the loophole but if you get banned that's on you.

Full disclosure: Yes I have redeemed those games for others on my PS5 for free. And I don't mind doing it a couple more times. Not 50 times obviously as I'm not trying to get banned. Lol

Lord Azrael

Oct 25, 2017
I have no problem with it being a PS5 exclusive perk, but the corporate bootlickers in here telling us to suck it up and that we shouldn't use loopholes to redeem the games are pathetic lmao

Kazooie

Jul 17, 2019
Yes, from September 16:

For PlayStation Plus members, we'll have a special new offering on PS5 – the PlayStation Plus Collection**. PS5 owners with PS Plus will be able to download and play a curated library of PS4 games that defined the generation, like Batman Arkham Knight, Bloodborne, Fallout 4, God of War, Monster Hunter: World, Persona 5 and many more. The PS Plus Collection will be an added benefit to the existing PS4 benefits that PS Plus members receive for a single subscription price.

Are you a PS5 owner with PS Plus? If not, then it's an exploit.
It's Sony's fault though, if they want to tie it to ownership of the console, then only one acc per console id could be made able to get the collection.

EYEL1NER

Oct 26, 2017
Now I kind of want to go on the hunt for a PS5, buy it and activate the PS+ games, and then return it. Although returning an open-box console would be the hard part; most places would probably refuse it.

ElNino

Nov 6, 2017
The problem is I still want to keep my games on the PS4 as I'm going to move it to a different room in the house from the PS5, so I guess I will either download or transfer the games across my internal network.

zoltek

Oct 25, 2017
This is a great post, it's some fucking Randall from Recess style corporate bootlicking.
Or stealing?

If you want to do it for free for some buddies, fine. Perhaps a bit unethical, but I personally have no qualms with it. The moment you sell your services for cash, however, you are committing fraud and abetting piracy and deserve getting the boot.

Storm

Oct 25, 2017
People charging to activate this are in the wrong, but really this should not even be an issue to begin with if it wasn't for the stupid PS5 only limitation.

jsnepo

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
[
Or stealing?

If you want to do it for free for some buddies, fine. Perhaps a bit unethical, but I personally have no qualms with it. The moment you sell your services for cash, however, you are committing fraud and abetting piracy and deserve getting the boot.

How is it unethical? Stealing really?

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
Are you just talking about the first month Vita had PS+ games? Like when it had Uncharted, Gravity Rush, Wipeout and Final Fantasy Tactics?

I mean, those are nice choices, but it's not really the same as this. That was just the monthly selection. And I don't believe you can still get those, like that post is saying.

Sprat

Oct 27, 2017
England
The problem is I still want to keep my games on the PS4 as I'm going to move it to a different room in the house from the PS5, so I guess I will either download or transfer the games across my internal network.
Are you just talking about the first month Vita had PS+ games? Like when it had Uncharted, Gravity Rush, Wipeout and Final Fantasy Tactics?

I mean, those are nice choices, but it's not really the same as this. That was just the monthly selection.
When I bought my vita it was a collection of ten games on top of the monthly games.

They did the same for ps3 too.

Oct 28, 2017
[

How is it unethical? Stealing really?

How is committing fraud not unethical? Lol. Of course it's stealing. You're taking something on behalf of someone else by tricking Sony into thinking they have what you have when they do not. That's fraud. That's stealing.

I don't give a shit what any of you do with this. But to act like you deserve this and that it's right? It's clearly not. If you can't own up to the fact that you're committing fraud, don't do it. You're doing an ugly thing — don't try to hide it from yourself. You know who you are.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
When I bought my vita it was a collection of ten games on top of the monthly games.

They did the same for ps3 too.
I remember the Instant Games Collection on PS3. That's similar, but it was just a one time thing that, I think lasted for a year.

For Vita though, this is the only thing I can find, which was just the first month's offerings.

Last edited:

Sprat

Oct 27, 2017
England
I remember the Instant Games Collection on PS3. That's similar, but it was just a one time thing that, I think lasted for a year.

For Vita though, this is the only thing I can find, which was just the first month's offerings.
I got it a year late and it had the entire previous years ready to go day 1. It had little big planet vita, unit 13 & toukiden in also from memory

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
I got it a year late and it had the entire previous years ready to go day 1. It had little big planet vita, unit 13 & toukiden in also from memory
I'm not seeing anything like that on the list. Maybe it's different for other countries (I'm in NA), or maybe it was a code that came with the system.

saiko

Nov 4, 2017
I have no problem with it being a PS5 exclusive perk, but the corporate bootlickers in here telling us to suck it up and that we shouldn't use loopholes to redeem the games are pathetic lmao

I have no problem with people exploiting loopholes like this, but if you get banned, that's your fault. You took the risk and you pay the price.

jsnepo

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
How is committing fraud not unethical? Lol. Of course it's stealing. You're taking something on behalf of someone else by tricking Sony into thinking they have what you have when they do not. That's fraud. That's stealing.

I don't give a shit what any of you do with this. But to act like you deserve this and that it's right? It's clearly not. If you can't own up to the fact that you're committing fraud, don't do it. You're doing an ugly thing — don't try to hide it from yourself. You know who you are.

Tricking Sony? WTF are you talking about? Sony provided the conditions to claim the games. An active PS+ subscription and a PS5. Both conditions are met. The games are claimed. How TF is that unethical or stealing or fucking commiting fraud?

WTF is wrong with you with this you know you are bullshit? WTF do you know?

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
I admit I did the same for three of my friends but I'm not going to do that for anybody else so I hope I'm fine. And of course I didn't sell access or anything, that's ridiculous.

Oct 27, 2017
Tricking Sony? WTF are you talking about? Sony provided the conditions to claim the games. An active PS+ subscription and a PS5. Both conditions are met. The games are claimed. How TF is that unethical or stealing or fucking commiting fraud?

You've been corrected over and over but you keep trying to go this route. The literature says for PS5 Owners.

Oct 28, 2017

And do all these friends and family have a PS5? No. It's dishonest and it's theft. If you cannot see that, you really need to take a step back and re-evaluate. You come across as someone flailing to defend their actions. I have no reason to lie to you and make you feel bad.

Oct 25, 2017
I see no problem in exploiting the loophole but if you get banned that's on you.

Full disclosure: Yes I have redeemed those games for others on my PS5 for free. And I don't mind doing it a couple more times. Not 50 times obviously as I'm not trying to get banned. Lol

For real. Do what you wanna do but know the consequences.

jsnepo

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
You've been corrected over and over but you keep trying to go this route. The literature says for PS5 Owners.

The print also says access the games on a PS5. Does that mean I can't download the games on a PS4? You keep bringing advertised for PS5 owners only while some print only mention just needing a PS5 and a PS+ subscription.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seems like something you shouldnt do, but games are some times prohibitively expensive for some families, and i dont know everyones financial situatustion