• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
Trump fucking sucks and I genuinely believe he is bringing about the downfall of America.

But this is a shit question that accomplishes less than nothing. It actually helps Trump. It does nothing to change anyone's mind or challenge him in any real way and gives Trump fodder to advance his Media agenda. You need to call him out and press him on specific lies. Point out that two weeks ago he said he was going to have a health care plan in "two weeks" and has been saying that for 3 years. Ask whose working on it. When can we get details.

Not to mention this is grade school level "when did you stop beating your wife" shit.
I'd agree if there was any hope of any good faith discussion or response with him. There isn't. You're not wrong that it accomplish's nothing, but you're making that on the assumption that there exists a question you can ask him that would accomplish something. Anything he's asked in good faith, he will respond in whatever method he believes will make him look best and there's nothing you can do to get a genuine response out of him. Meanwhile, his supporters are drones who will accept any answer he gives because they are a cult who accept any answer he gives. And the ones who are on the fence aren't going to flip by seeing him perform the same circus act he's been performing for the last 4+ years.

So why the hell not? Any good faith interview with him is a farce, so why treat it as anything other than the joke it is.

Oct 26, 2017
Trump fucking sucks and I genuinely believe he is bringing about the downfall of America.

But this is a shit question that accomplishes less than nothing. It actually helps Trump. It does nothing to change anyone's mind or challenge him in any real way and gives Trump fodder to advance his Media agenda. You need to call him out and press him on specific lies. Point out that two weeks ago he said he was going to have a health care plan in "two weeks" and has been saying that for 3 years. Ask whose working on it. When can we get details.

Not to mention this is grade school level "when did you stop beating your wife" shit.
This.

May 10, 2019
tenor.gif

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Did Trump tweet on this? I have him blocked at the moment lol.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017

They do ask him about specific lies, they just don't outright call it a lie. There's no point in calling out specific lies since he'll just Sharpie them away.

"Why are you such a liar?" is a great question to ask.

They do ask him about specific lies, they just don't outright call it a lie. There's no point in calling out specific lies since he'll just Sharpie them away.

I wonder if "Why are you such a great liar" would fuck him up.

Asked why he's the greatest at something.

The only thing he doesn't want to admit to doing.

sweatingbutton.jpg

bdbdbd

Oct 27, 2017

The press engages him exactly this way all the time. They pretend like he's ever going to respond in good faith and press him on specific things he's said and try to do followup. Like that's gotten us any further or "challenged" him in any real way...

I'm not following, are you suggesting that his lying is uncorroborated at this point, that we don't have fundamental, incontrovertible truth that he's done it over and over and over again? How is the question "grade school level"? He's arguably one of the most powerful leaders in the world, straight up gaslighting his fellow citizens and we can't ask him how he feels about doing it or why he does it?

kirby_fox

Oct 29, 2017
Midwest USA
I wonder if "Why are you such a great liar" would fuck him up.

Asked why he's the greatest at something.

The only thing he doesn't want to admit to doing.

sweatingbutton.jpg

He'd do the same and then it'd be used as fodder that the liberal media is out to get him if worded that way.

This is a great question because of the position it puts him in. The focus isn't he's a liar, it's his personal regrets. All they can do is ignore it and pretend it wasn't asked. You ask about something specific, he'll lie more. You focus on his lies, he calls the media nasty. The focus on regrets is what certainly threw him off and should be asked again and again.

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017

Pretty much agreed. To this question, his supporters will just say "But what liiieeeees has he ackshually told???" Reporter needed to hit him with the most egregious examples.

Torpedo Vegas

Oct 27, 2017
Parts Unknown.
They do call him out from time to time, but it needs to be all the time, every time.

I like this one where he storms out after someone ask why he's taking credit for something Obama did.

Oct 27, 2017
Imo I'm shocked Trump actually did the only logical thing he could do in a situation like that and move on, not attacking the reporter lol. Of course the only time he shows a semblance of restraint is when caught in a lie

Shiloh

Oct 25, 2017
Trump handled it correctly, which is a surprise to me.

Also that's a terrible question, but given Trump's past tendency to answer/insult/rant at them instead of just ignoring, I can see why it was asked.

Koukalaka

Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Trump handled it correctly, which is a surprise to me.

Also that's a terrible question, but given Trump's past tendency to answer/insult/rant at them instead of just ignoring, I can see why it was asked.

That's why it feels so odd to me - if you'd asked me beforehand what his response would be to a question like that, my guess would 100% have been something along the lines of "that's a nasty question", "fake news media" etc.

shem

Oct 25, 2017
It is impressive but I think we did manage to elect the worst person in the country to the job.

Fatoy

Mar 13, 2019
Pretty much agreed. To this question, his supporters will just say "But what liiieeeees has he ackshually told???" Reporter needed to hit him with the most egregious examples.
But then you'd list them and they'd say "fake news" or "I don't believe it" to all of them, even if they were presented with video evidence.

MasterYoshi

Oct 27, 2017
Why not hit him with a question such as

"What do you say to the parents who will lose their children that contract the coronavirus after returning to school? Also to the students and faculty as teachers and staff member contract the virus and die?"

Because you know hell answer with a double down, "School must open, schools must open. That's what I say to that."

Something along those lines. There, bam, you've got the PotUS on record showing clearly that he doesn't give a fuck if your kid dies or has died.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
No good answer to that. Moving on was his only real choice.

Yeah. I'm not sure what kind of answer the reporter or anyone else was expecting to that, so I have a tough time seeing it as a great or tough question. That's like the classic "Have you stopped beating your wife" question.

Deleted member 31923

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2017

I agree. He can weasel out of any specific question, and it's nice to look at the big picture now and then. He should have added that he told over 20,000 documented lies, but it's still a good question.

I also think an alternative universe where a woman asked the question (especially a black woman), Trump wouldn't have ignored it and would have snapped back by calling her nasty. I was shocked he actually just ignored it.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
I agree. He can weasel out of any specific question, and it's nice to look at the big picture now and then. He should have added that he told over 20,000 documented lies, but it's still a good question.

I also think an alternative universe where a woman asked the question (especially a black woman), Trump wouldn't have ignored it and would have snapped back by calling her nasty. I was shocked he actually just ignored it.
He didn't understand the question. Seriously, it does not compute to him that he has told a single lie.

Beignet

alt account
Banned
Aug 1, 2020
Imo I'm shocked Trump actually did the only logical thing he could do in a situation like that and move on, not attacking the reporter lol. Of course the only time he shows a semblance of restraint is when caught in a lie
I guarantee you that he'd contest the reporter if it was a lady. Would probably even throw in 'nasty', 'mean' or even 'ugly', words he loves to use for members of the opposite sex that aren't completely subservient to him or aren't sex traffickers.