• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

refusi0n1

Oct 27, 2017
Watched the interaction prior and still doesn't excuse his response. He got called out for the shit he said yesterday about treating covid with existing drugs and got all riled up when he got pushback. I wish reporter would groan and make him feel stupid when he does his Nast question you should be ashamed bullshit

Starwing

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2018
Literally the only sk%
And yet (from today)...

IpsosPoll_Coronavirus_Q1_ApproveDisapprove_031920_v01_KS_hpEmbed_16x9_992.jpg

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/cor...lives-changed-pandemic-poll/story?id=69696172

There's no hope for this country.
I assume that the positive response is due to people expecting for this to last into late April at the absolute latest and that the response, while tardy and detrimental, was sufficent enough.

Foffy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
His approval went up 12% since last week.

The death count and overall suffering hasn't kicked in.

What happens when people learn every day in NYC, more people are dying than during 9/11 and Trump calls the city "incompetent?" Or when they see they're getting next to no aid by the government.

Right now he can skate on bravado. Most people aren't even aware that this administration knew this was going to be a problem in January.

OP
OP
GK86

GK86

Oct 25, 2017

twitter.com

Ted Lieu on Twitter

“To those who are frightened, I understand. I want to let you know we have the best minds working on a cure; Congress already passed two bipartisan laws to help the crisis; and state & local governments are working together to protect you. We are Americans and we will prevail...

So fucking simple to say something along those lines!

oreomunsta

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Man, it'd be something special to see Trump deliver an answer like that and then have the room burst into laughter directed at him because shit is just so ridiculous with him

AwShucks

Oct 27, 2017
The confusing thing about the poll to me is how it's basically the opposite of his overall approval. Like, what person who doesn't approve of him on the job overall is approving of how he has handled this crisis? I would have thought it would have been a larger disapproval rate than his overall, but what do I know.

echoshifting

very salt heavy
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Negative Zone
I feel like the reasons for those approval numbers are pretty obvious, in particular, Trump saying that chloroquine is the cure and they are going to churn it out. A lot of people bought into that.

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
I feel like the reasons for those approval numbers are pretty obvious, in particular, Trump saying that chloroquine is the cure and they are going to churn it out. A lot of people bought into that.

Doesn't even make sense because that bullshit was quickly shot down. The reason for the approval numbers is I don't think people are actually watching the press conferences, don't know things like the disbanding of the pandemic agency, somehow missed he was downplaying the virus, missed him saying "I don't take responsibility" and perhaps seeing their local officials doing things and basically crediting trump for it.

And as I said people are simply fucking stupid. They watch the press conference and actually think it's perfectly normal, including those who are not necessarily Trump "fans" or voters. It's not always that complicated; many people are just fucking imbeciles who can't watch or read or hear something and make rational conclusions/evaluations about it.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago

twitter.com

Ted Lieu on Twitter

“To those who are frightened, I understand. I want to let you know we have the best minds working on a cure; Congress already passed two bipartisan laws to help the crisis; and state & local governments are working together to protect you. We are Americans and we will prevail...

[/QUOTE]

How fucking hard was that?

Like, seriously, any of us would have instantly come up with a response along those lines.

Oct 30, 2017
Your Imagination
The death count and overall suffering hasn't kicked in.

What happens when people learn every day in NYC, more people are dying than during 9/11 and Trump calls the city "incompetent?" Or when they see they're getting next to no aid by the government.

Right now he can skate on bravado. Most people aren't even aware that this administration knew this was going to be a problem in January.
The problem is most of the bigger cities are Democratic or Dem-learning so he can just continue to not give a fuck as long as his mostly rural base support him. You think a "few" left-learning Hilary supporters dying are going to make them change their view on Trump?

Jon Carter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

twitter.com

Ted Lieu on Twitter

I bet Ted runs for President in 24 or 28. Reggie follows him on Twitter by the way so that's all the endorsements you need.

99nikniht

Oct 28, 2017
The problem is most of the bigger cities are Democratic or Dem-learning so he can just continue to not give a fuck as long as his mostly rural base support him. You think a "few" left-learning Hilary supporters dying are going to make them change their view on Trump?
I wonder how many of these spring breakers in FL and other places that has not closed their beaches are from red and rural states ..... ?

These idiots are going to track covid-19 back to their families, and the confirm cases will skyrocket once more testing is available. I doubt rural and red state voters will be able to ignore the deaths that happens in their hometowns and backyards.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
I think that, more telling than his response, is the fact that about half of the replies (edit: make that 90%) to that tweet are actually defending him and shitting on the reporter.

Literally cheering on the biggest bully on the face of the Earth. There is just no saving mankind.

Last edited:

Ooopsklo

Banned
Aug 20, 2019
User Banned (3 Days): Inappropriate joke
I really don't know how a reporter hasn't shot him yet. With all the guns in this country and we never use them on the right people

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
The mentality among the responses supporting Trump is absolutely horrifying; downplaying the verbal beatdown and cheering the president for "putting the reporter in his place for trying to make him look bad".

I just can't wrap my head around the notion that the press should not challenge the powerful, let alone that a reporter cannot ask such a harmless question to the most powerful person in the planet. This is the kind of sociopathic, blind fanaticism you would expect to see in Nazi Germany, not the most powerful democracy in 2020. I can honestly say this is every bit as terrifying to me as the actual pandemic. :S

TheOMan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I think that, more telling than his response, is the fact that about half of the replies (edit: make that 90%) to that tweet are actually defending him and shitting on the reporter.

Literally cheering on the biggest bully on the face of the Earth. There is just no saving Trump cultists.

I think that's more accurate.

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
For three years we said "We're damn lucky Trump hasn't had to handle a crisis, because if he did we would be absolutely fucked" and then here comes the biggest crisis the world may have faced in the past century just short of World War II and Trump is bungling it exactly if not worse than we expected him to.

Fuck this guy and fuck all of the Republicans who put him in. We don't deserve to pay for your mistakes.

Last edited:

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, can't think of another time I hated someone so much. Fuck anyone who voted for him. Don't want to hear the spin. He's a terrible human being and if you support/supported him you need to take a serious fucking look at yourself.

nampad

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Funny because this question is something that could have easily been answered by the usual politician BS lingo.
"We are doing everything we can to help you, yadda yadda god bless ameria"