• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
fox6now.com

Report: Next stimulus package could include $4,000 vacation credit, second check

Articles and videos about Report: Next stimulus package could include $4,000 vacation credit, second check on FOX6 News Milwaukee | Wisconsin & Local Milwaukee News WITI.

ORLANDO, Fla. (FOX 35) — As the tourism industry suffers amid the coronavirus pandemic, President Donald Trump has proposed an idea to give Americans a tax credit to be used toward a vacation to help boost the economy.

The president brought up the "Explore America" Tax Credit during a White House roundtable last month.

According to Forbes, the proposal could give up to $4,000 to Americans for vacation expenses in the U.S. "at hotels, theme parks, restaurants, and other tourism-related businesses through the end of 2021."

"The credit would cover up to 50% of a household's total vacation expenses, up to a maximum of four grand," Forbes reported.

During the roundtable, Trump described the plan as a "tax credit that Americans can use for domestic travel, including visits to restaurants. That's a big deal."

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If I can order from grocery stores and restaurants I'm all for it.

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
I mean I can use this money and go to Yellowstone and Yosemite where I can enjoy some of the most beautiful nature on earth and be spaced out from people so sign me up...? That Type of vacationing aside it's very dumb

Oct 27, 2017
A tax credit, huh?

Keep your exploring asses out of fucking Orlando. Some of us don't need you brining your filthy ass hands and kids to spread a pandemic.

Also, please keep your grandparents in Bumblefuck, OH

hordak

Oct 31, 2017
Anaheim, CA
OEYaZAU.png

let's just stay home for a bit longer please, you fucking orange shitturd.

JimD

Aug 17, 2018
This is totally him acting in his own self interest. He wants rich people with lots of disposable income to feel free to go to his hotels and resorts and spend thousands. The rest of it is just cover so it's not COMPLETELY obvious.

MetalMagus

Avenger
Oct 16, 2018
Maine
My family's amusement park is closed for the year, how about just giving THEM the money instead and avoid having people playing "dodge the infectious disease" in order to make it happen?

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
Um, I'll take that tax credit. Should be easy to claim (just take pics near different locations to "prove" you were there too, haha).

Make sure you get any "receipts" from orders or groceries, etc.

Shokunin

Oct 25, 2017
The city beautiful
Lmao, the people that can afford to go on vacation can already afford it without your credit.

How about taking some of that money and giving it to people who can't even afford rent/food.

echoshifting

very salt heavy
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Negative Zone
Is anyone else constantly amazed by Trump's capacity to ever stoop lower and surpass his previously set record for diabolical evil?

Like one would think after almost three and a half years that nothing he could do would surprise me, but he manages to do it anyway at least once a week

Oct 27, 2017
So I have to have money to spend in the first place, be willing to heavily expose myself and my family to COVID so that I can get back half of what I spent at a later date.

sounds absolutely fantastic 😑

Isilia

Mar 11, 2019
US: PA
Great idea. Let's just spread the virus even more.

BEACH PARTY! Whomever contracts the virus first gets a free one night stay at your local motel 8!

ivantod

Oct 27, 2017
Gotta prop up that airline/hotel industry, what else can you do, right? We can't let the mega corporations suffer because of this, can we?

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If you want the economy to improve you need to actually deal with the actual fucking pandemic. Even if you give people money for vacations, most people aren't going to use it when that significantly increases their chance of contracting the deadly fucking virus and dying you dumb fuck

captmcblack

Oct 25, 2017
Ultra-stupid, even if it's usable through 2021.

They need to issue more checks/pandemic UI or UBI, and do things to credit or pause rents and mortgages right now - in ADDITION to this foolishness here.

...or even better yet, they could actually deal with the pandemic so people could actually safely travel themselves.

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
Such a terrible idea. People need money to live. This is more like a bonus for people who already have the privilege of thinking about going on a vacation

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
'through the end of 2021'.

Well I firmly expect to go on vacation before then.

But there are much better things to throw money at. Like healthcare.

Oct 29, 2017
Covers 50% of the expenses, up to $4000? So if you submit that you spent $2000 on your covid vacation, you'd only be credited back $1000? I bet lots of people won't be reading that particular detail, if this comes to pass.

Majority of the country don't even take vacations. Who the fuck is this for?

Majority of the country probably CAN'T take vacations.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I mean, just give me $4k and I'll use it on whatever when everything is over.

Mr.Awesome

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
I'm absolutely for this if its given when covid settles down. Encouraging vacation and going to new places is something I'd love the government to encourage to be honest.

iksenpets

Oct 26, 2017
Dallas, TX
That might be the most regressive way of handing out money ever devised? Here's free money, only accessible if you already have a lifestyle that allows you to take off from work for a week or two on a whim. Just give people the money, for whatever they want it to be for.

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
Bugsbunnyno.jpg

Not a chance in hell we're going on vacation, buying a plane ticket or checking into a hotel within the next year+.

You can give us another check that we'll deposit though.

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine sitting in the room with Trump while he pitched this last month, in the depths of a national crisis. How can you even pretend to play along with this shit?