• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Muad'dib

Banned
Jun 7, 2018
Jail is too good for him anyway, I wouldn't mind seeing him choking on some Novichok after he outlived his usefulness.

XaviConcept

Art Director for Videogames
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, sure, but I cant take this super seriously when their choice of copy is "hes reportedly soiling himself"

Like, no, hes not literally peeing his pants, Vanity Fair. If you want me to take you seriously, have higher editorial standards than the high school newspaper

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I think he is only worried about money, like other people are saying, he will appeal shit to the grave, what he really fears is losing his business, his assets, being poor and I think there is a good chance he loses most of it once the authorities look into things and his dodgy income is watched like a hawk, that's the end of him, he can't money launder or commit fraud anymore so he is up shit creek with debts to fulfill and failing businesses that don't make money that have been propped up by scrupulous actors trying to sway favour with the POTUS and money laundering. That ends when he gets kicked out and the magnifying glass is on him. That goes for him, his kids and Kushner who is up to eyeballs in debts too with favours that no longer apply. Can't wait.

wollywinka

Feb 15, 2018
Is the electric chair still a thing? If not, a metal mixing bowl, some wire, a plug and a couple of alligator clips will do the trick.

Bushido

Senior Game Designer
Verified
Feb 6, 2018
First you gotta vote him out, US-Era. Please do it, we're all watching in genuine concern.

John Doe

Avenger
Jan 24, 2018
Realistically, is there anything a US president can do to end up behind bars? Short of actual murder live on tv?

I just think its a line that no politician will cross, even if it is Trump. If they open that door its open season for any one of them to go to jail. Similarly, even though it is Trump, it isn't a good look for a Us President (former hopefully) to wind up in jail for America's image on a global scale.

The evidence will have to be pretty damning.

Jersey_Tom

Banned
Dec 2, 2017
real talk he probably has litigation costs to sweat more than "jail time"

Considering he's also going to have several debts come due within the next four years, that's a very real problem with him.

He'll likely need to start liquidating his assets to help cover debts and legal expenses since he won't have the DOJ around to represent him. Which in turn would put his family in considerable financial stress.

Throw in a potential terrible showing during this election, the mystique of the Trump name that the family has coasted on for decades could very well be destroyed.

ivantod

Oct 27, 2017
Speaking of which, but can Republicans actually somehow start the impeachment process for Joe Biden as soon as he is sworn in? You, know, because of the laptop etc.? I mean, I know they can't get it done without the house majority, but can they even go through the process and cause another enormous waste of time? Or does this require to have the majority in appropriate house committees? Because if they can start the process I'm betting that they will, simply to be annoying and cause obstruction because that's the only thing they know how to do.

Last edited:

Couleurs

Oct 25, 2017
Denver, CO
edit - nevermind, I may be wrong about whether the minority party could start impeachment hearings as a nuisance (i hope not, but I'll edit until I find a better article to reference)

Deleted member 9584

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If he loses the election, is it a realistic possibility that he resigns and transfers power to Pence to get a pardon?

JoeNut

Oct 27, 2017
UK
MiserlyGlitteringHamster-max-14mb.gif
Hahah perfect

TheLastYoshi

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think anything will happen because Biden will pardon him to prevent the potential outrage from Trump's followers.

Mengy

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think anything will happen because Biden will pardon him to prevent the potential outrage from Trump's followers.

That might get Trump out of any federal charges, but it wouldn't impact states prosecuting him. New York has lots to charge him with, and if they decide to they won't go lightly.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Doubt.
Corona couldn't even do the right thing. I just want the piece of shit out of office.

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
He'll probably have some court cases, but it's highly doubtful he'll face a day in prison/jail.

And I'm not sure why people are thinking he'd flee to Russia. After he's out of the White House (god willing, this January), he'll have outlived his usefulness to Putin.

ElectricBlanketFire said:
It's an admission of guilt. You don't actually have to be found guilty to receive a pardon.

Correct. You don't even have to be charged with anything in order to be pardoned.

19thCenturyFox

Prophet of Regret
Oct 29, 2017
Is the electric chair still a thing? If not, a metal mixing bowl, some wire, a plug and a couple of alligator clips will do the trick.

That recent supercut that Vic Berger did for Vice reminded me just how obsessed Trump is with "shooting traitors like in the good old days" and the death penalty in general.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I won't put the cart before the horse just yet, but karma needs to kick in soon and hard.

meowdi gras

Feb 24, 2018
Speaking of which, but can Republicans actually somehow start the impeachment process for Joe Biden as soon as he is sworn in? You, know, because of the laptop etc.? I mean, I know they can't get it done without the house majority, but can they even go through the process and cause another enormous waste of time? Or does this require to have the majority in appropriate house committees? Because if they can start the process I'm betting that they will, simply to be annoying and cause obstruction because that's the only thing they know how to do.
I fully expect them to raise a very loud stink about it, yes. Without a majority in the Senate, though, it will go nowhere. Just more media circus.

Oct 26, 2017
Realistically, is there anything a US president can do to end up behind bars? Short of actual murder live on tv?

I just think its a line that no politician will cross, even if it is Trump. If they open that door its open season for any one of them to go to jail. Similarly, even though it is Trump, it isn't a good look for a Us President (former hopefully) to wind up in jail for America's image on a global scale.

The evidence will have to be pretty damning.

There should be a way to punish crimes committed by a president, yes. If that's uncomfortable, maybe don't elect a criminal.

ced

Oct 27, 2017
Good, and he better not be allowed to take the easy way out like some of his friends.

KingK

Oct 27, 2017
Trump is never going to jail or facing any real consequences for anything. The ultra wealthy already barely face legal consequences, let alone a former president. Nobody with the authority to do anything will actually do it. Absolute best case scenario sees Trump at least looking at some mild financial penalties.

Seriously, everyone expecting the law to actually function and Trump to go to jail are just setting yourselves up for massive disappointment.

Most likely result is Biden and Dems pull the "it's time to heal, leave the past in the past. Unity!" bullshit while Trump lives out the rest of his days in wealth and luxury.

Soda

Oct 26, 2017
Dunedin, New Zealand
I mean, sure, but I cant take this super seriously when their choice of copy is "hes reportedly soiling himself"

Like, no, hes not literally peeing his pants, Vanity Fair. If you want me to take you seriously, have higher editorial standards than the high school newspaper

This reads like so many other articles over the past four years that play directly into some sort of fantasy of Trump suffering greatly... But he's not suffering. He's gotten basically everything he wanted out of his four years.

Lylo

Oct 25, 2017
That would be amazing, but there's no way he's going to jail. He's rich, white and a (soon to be)former USA president. No jail for this sucker....

TyrantII

Oct 25, 2017
Boston
Wouldn't mind reading he died of old age in jail over a morning coffee and and breakfast sandwich at some point. Sensible chuckle, flip newspaper.

KingK

Oct 27, 2017
This reads like so many other articles over the past four years that play directly into some sort of fantasy of Trump suffering greatly... But he's not suffering. He's gotten basically everything he wanted out of his four years.
Exactly, it reads like the same kind of delusional schlock we endured during the Meuller investigation when everyone insisted that he would drop the hammer on Trump and he'd be going to jail before the end of his term.

heathen earth

Mar 21, 2020
There is no way in hell a former US president is ever going to spend a single day in prison. Trump will live out his wretched life in luxury unimaginable to most of us, gobbling down burgers and shitposting on Twitter until the day he finally keels over. Please keep your expectations in check.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly this reads like yet another fluff piece based on wishes and rainbows. Every day since 2016 there have been articles about how Trump is peeing his pants or how the mob is coming to collect his debt or whatever else. Everyone here and everyone in Washington knows that Trump will never spend a day in prison.

We all know about the media telling Republicans what they want to hear, but there are also outlets simply telling you what you want to hear.

EJS

The Fallen - Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I don't think anyone is going to go to prison. Just seems unlikely to me.