• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

CielYoshi

May 10, 2018
Santiago, Chile
Guys, guys, I got it! Trump plans to commit so many crimes so that once the number is inputted into a digital system, the variable overflows and becomes negative crimes! Truly 15D grand chessmaster!

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I almost feel like, if true, this is one of those things that is so over the top blatant that for some reason it won't really be perused. Especially considering it says it's not clear whether or not Trump asked directly. That seems to have constantly been his get out jail card. "Oh yeah the administration is committing mass illegal activities, but Trump didn't directly order them!" And then it just fades away.

Insanely frustrating and makes no sense in the grand scheme of things nearly all of the time, but that's been the story of this admin. And why the Ukraine shit is the one thing that's actually finally fucking with him, because there's actual proof from the White House itself no less that he directly requested.

I also think part of it is stuff like this is so incredibly blatant that it has the potential to almost just sound fake to the general public, even if it's 100% true. That's why these threads aren't perused as much. Because it's so fucking stupid that it almost makes the accusers seem as though they're pushing conspiracies or some shit. If that makes any sense.

God the world is so fucking backwards these days.

Last edited:

Grimminski

Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
DeepWateryAdamsstaghornedbeetle-size_restricted.gif

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
Why would a rich billionaire who just made $13 million this week from donors need the NRA to pay his legal fees?

Oct 25, 2017
Dude come on
You're just going to fight accusations of quid pro quo with even more quid pro quo
Maybe if we pour more gas on this fire it will be too much gas and the fire will go out

Nassudan

Oct 27, 2017
Imagine if we see the end of the Trump family, the Republican party and the NRA all within the same decade.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
And shit, that BULLSHIT "OLC opinion" that a president can't be tried for a crime needs to be challenged already.
I understand the practical reason for it. I'd be fine with a law that simply freezes the statute of limitations for any crime discovered or committed while campaigning for or in office until after they leave office and a constitutional amendment to prevent a President from pardoning anyone for crimes committed during the campaign or administration of any administration they served in.

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
But, what... Jeez, and here I thought he couldn't top his "Liddle / hyphen" tweet for utter stupidity today.

Please, please, please be provable. This is even simpler and more direct than the Ukraine stuff.

BlackLagoon

Oct 25, 2017
How long until we have footage of Rudy Giuliani in a trenchcoat handing over bundles of bills from a brown paper bag to a social media executive along with a dossier clearly marked "ILLEGAL ELECTION INTERFERENCE PLAN."

Deleted member 8741

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Trump is the guy who panics in a boat, everyone tries to calm him down and tell him if he sits still it'll be fine, and instead he just stands up and starts flailing and ends up tipping everyone overboard.

Katten

Oct 27, 2017
Commits crimes. Commits more crimes to help pay for the defense of former crimes.

Seems smart.

Wishbone Ash

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Michigan
I'd like to read the article before commenting, but I'm not paying the New York Times and I'm too lazy/don't care enough to google a separate source.

I'll just say I'm not surprised if the obvious conclusion is true, but I'm not a headline-only guy.

Deleted member 19844

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
United States
? That's not what the article says. It says that Trump asked if they'd still support him in the midst of his impeachment, and that it was unclear what form the aid would take, going on to speculate about ad purchases. It doesn't say that he asked them to help fun his impeachment defense.