• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

devenger

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Oh cool, I'm glad I'm not the only person who thought of this! I wonder if that would even be possible, to edit out any references to Marvel and/or the X-Men characters (ADR over their names?) and release it as just a horror movie about kids with powers? It's not like there haven't been a handful of "school of children with powers" movies over the last few years.

Ok I must be REALLY out of the loop on X-Men characters because who the fuck is that and how on earth could they ever hope to put that into a movie

Thats Warlock, constantly shapeshifting cartoonish alien... who I assume isnt in this.

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
ok, not knowing a relatively obscure comic character from the 80s is understandable but computer generated imagery has been more than common in motion pictures for decades.
I meant more in the sense that they have tried to needlessly ground the X-Men movies in some sort of believability and realism and that is by far the most outlandishly comic book looking goofball character that would have appeared in the entire film franchise

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
The funniest part is my local cinema keeps airing the trailer, saw it again before Endgame lol

Oct 31, 2017
I meant more in the sense that they have tried to needlessly ground the X-Men movies in some sort of believability and realism and that is by far the most outlandishly comic book looking goofball character that would have appeared in the entire film franchise

Yeah, Fox's X-Men suck.

I don't think Warlock is even in their shitty New Mutants movie and he was always the coolest one, to me

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, Fox's X-Men suck.

I don't think Warlock is even in their shitty New Mutants movie and he was always the coolest one, to me
Yeah that's why I was asking/the point I was attempting to make lol. Like we have what is supposed to be this dark, scary, R-Rated X-Man horror movie and people start throwing around Warlock, and when I look him up he's not only at odds with like every Fox X-Men movie made but he completely clashes with the idea of doing a dark serious horror movie hahahaha. They'd have to completely redesign him to be Warlock in name only if he showed up in the Fox movies. It'd be like them introducing Slapstick to this movie, wha!?

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Yeah that's why I was asking/the point I was attempting to make lol. Like we have what is supposed to be this dark, scary, R-Rated X-Man horror movie and people start throwing around Warlock, and when I look him up he's not only at odds with like every Fox X-Men movie made but he completely clashes with the idea of doing a dark serious horror movie hahahaha. They'd have to completely redesign him to be Warlock in name only if he showed up in the Fox movies. It'd be like them introducing Slapstick to this movie, wha!?

Well Warlock is an alien made of a Trasmode Techno-organic virus that feeds by draining the life force from living things and infecting them with said virus.

There is a horror movie in there somewhere especially with Warlock not wanting to infect others.

devenger

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
I mean, Warlock in the Sienkiewicz issues, that the movies based on, went from goofy to creepy between panels. He's supposed to be like a flowing machine Groot.

Edit: avatar quote, NuMu was my jam. Kid and i collected the warlock build a fig.

Last edited:

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Officially delayed as of today. April 3rd 2020 on Disney's new release schedule
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
TL;CC (Too Long, Can't Click):

Amityville: The Lost Tapes was announced and detailed in early to mid-2011. Director was set, release scheduled for late-Jan 2012
Delayed several times
Finally got completely rewritten. New cast. Renamed Amityville: The Awakening by March 2014. Filming to begin in May, release scheduled for Jan 2015
Removed from schedule Sept '14
In May '15, it was announced it'd release April '16
Production company gets sold, test screenings are bad, pushed back to Jan '17
Weeks before, it gets pushed back to June '17
Quietly misses that too
In September '17, it was announced that it would hit select theaters Oct 28 2017, and would be free on Google Play Oct 12-Nov 8. It actually happened that way finally

The film opened in the US on a limited release on October 28, 2017. Playing in 10 theaters the film made just $742 in its opening weekend (an average of $74 per venue), finishing 60th at the box office.[23]

Wow

PiPSmallie

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry people. Was meant to say I've heard about a new trailer but in my excitement didn't double check who I was getting this from. Nothing to see here.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Actually lots of talk about the film in the newest episode of Fatman Beyond. Bill Sienkiewicz is the special guest and has seen the movie and been in recent contact with Josh Boone, who is continuing to work on it. Says it's fantastic, praises the cast, says it has Marvel's backing, and thinks people will really love it. Grain of salt and all that but it got my hopes slightly up.

Dabanton

Oct 27, 2017
Just a small tidbit on this. Just recently, I glanced at what looked like a new scene.

So they're doing something with it...

FinKL

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Actually lots of talk about the film in the newest episode of Fatman Beyond. Bill Sienkiewicz is the special guest and has seen the movie and been in recent contact with Josh Boone, who is continuing to work on it. Says it's fantastic, praises the cast, says it has Marvel's backing, and thinks people will really love it. Grain of salt and all that but it got my hopes slightly up.
Just a small tidbit on this. Just recently, I glanced at what looked like a new scene.

So they're doing something with it...
Maybe it will be decent, love me some Mutants.

Deleted member 6730

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I imagine once Disney and Marvel's plans for the X-Men start to solidify they'll quietly shelve it if they haven't already.

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
I imagine once Disney and Marvel's plans for the X-Men start to solidify they'll quietly shelve it if they haven't already.

Feige said the word "Mutants" on stage, I trust this movie will release.

Do reshoots to make it pre-snap or something to justify why the actors are 5 years older now compared to other scenes lol

Deleted member 6730

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Feige said the word "Mutants" on stage, I trust this movie will release.

Do reshoots to make it pre-snap or something to justify why the actors are 5 years older now compared to other scenes lol
I don't know why Disney would want to spend money on it or even put a movie they have nothing to do with in the MCU.

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
I don't know why Disney would want to spend money on it or even put a movie they have nothing to do with in the MCU.

I mean, the money it would take to adapt it would be negligeable to your average MCU first movie in a series box office.

But I am aware there is always weird hollywood accounting business though where cancelling shit is better than shitting it out, so who knows.

edit: Just saw the date, no way this is releasing in 4 months tho hahaha

devenger

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
I would like to see Cannonball blastin on screen. Id like to see Sunspot not fiery. Id like to see how they explain Magik. I have no hope that this movie is good tho.

Grayson

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Aug 21, 2019
Change the name, edit out any references to the x-men that you can, and dump it.

nomemorial

Oct 27, 2017
Expectations for this are low, but I do love TNM as a team and I think the casting for this is great. I would love to see this cast stay on and potentially portray these characters in the MCU. Probably a long shot, but would be really cool.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Start from scratch but then use a lot of the already shot footage as flashbacks from the casts' childhood.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Dude, just release it on Netflix or Hulu at this point. I feel this movie no longer has a purpose.

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
Dude, just release it on Netflix or Hulu at this point. I feel this movie no longer has a purpose.

The purpose is to make money and set up characters so they can make sequels.

It's not like New Mutants missed some kind of cultural moment or anything, people still want to see comic book movies.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
I was certain this got bumped because Disney finally axed it and making it the Roger Corman Fantastic Four of our time.