• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

JehutyRunner

Oct 26, 2017

Well this is happening!!! The Mueller investigation is close to being complete, acting AG Whitaker says.

Whitaker said he's been "fully briefed" on Mueller investigation and investigation is "close to being completed"

Parse what you will, but it clearly appears with what the acting AG has said the Mueller probe is winding down.

We in the endgame now.

PintSizedSlasher

The Wise Ones
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
giphy.gif

cirr

Oct 26, 2017
Northern VA
at this point it's done when it's done
if i had a nickel for every time i've heard "it's coming soon", i'd have 3 bucks by now

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
Trump lackey says what Trump wants to hear.

This was "wrapping up" for 6 months. Given they just raided an associate of Trump's for 30+ years I'm not sure you can make that claim.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
The investigation is never going to end becuase the crimes never end.

Super brain Trump with the master strategy.

Kthulhu

Oct 25, 2017
People keep saying it but it still hasn't happened. I'll believe it when he presents his findings to congress.

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017

This was "wrapping up" for 6 months. Given they just raided an associate of Trump's for 30+ years I'm not sure you can make that claim.
The only way I could see it winding down with that just happening, is if they had all their ducks lined up, and info they got from raiding his home/taking his shit just cemented the ducks in place.

I've heard over and over again that once Stone got got then it'd be onto the kids and then Trump himself so if that was the case, and they just got everything they needed to dot their i's and cross their t's then yeah I could see it being in the endgame/winding down now.

But I doubt it since they just can't fucking stop themselves from breaking the law. Maybe only one head of the Hydra is winding down while the other 357 heads are still being wrangled?

Edit: To clarify, it'll be over when it's over. I'm not one of those hoping Mueller will hurry up, I want him to do the most thorough job humanly possible so every single one of these fuckers goes down.

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
Just makes more people say "it should wrap up" when it still hasn't been completed a month from now.

BorkBork

Oct 25, 2017
Didnt they seize a boatload of stuff from raiding Roger Stone's house? Seems like there would be a lot of stuff to sift through and that would take time.

Deleted member 11985

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ah fuck, Whitaker's getting briefings on Mueller's report? That stooge shouldn't even be acting AG right now.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
The investigation and any others that spawn off it should last years. You've still got the RNC and NRA that haven't been hit yet.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
If Whitaker were actually in charge, Roger Stone wouldn't have been arrested.

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
this has been said so many times and every time it was always to appease Trump and get him to calm down

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
This has been said time and time again.

It's not done. It'll be done when it's done. Don't give yourself a mental time frame or you'll be disappointed.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
With Republicans still in control of the Senate, and the GOP making it clear that they're Team Trump, I never thought the Mueller investigation would end this administration.

Dec 29, 2017
Weren't there earlier reports that despite being named Acting AG, Whitaker was not involving himself and Rod Rosenstein was still overseeing the investigation?

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Report: Mueller investigation close to being done
Report: Mueller investigation close to being done (We swear this time)
Report: We've said this before but the Mueller investigation is close to being done
Report: Another Source Tells Us The Mueller investigation Is close to being done And We Report On It Again
Report: Mueller investigation close to being done

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017

The investigative part may be coming to a close, but there is still the prosecuting part and that could go on for some time. Especially since it'll involve bringing in a lot of Trump's brass.