• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York

MovieHole reports that talks have begun about possibly returning to the world of The Nightmare Before Christmas. Allegedly, talks have started about potentially making an animated sequel to the 1994 film, which was originally released under Disney's Touchstone banner.

The report also claims that the film could also become the next live-action adaptation of a Disney property. Although there has been no official announcement from Disney, it at least implies that the future of the potential franchise is under consideration.

Directed by Henry Selick and based off a story by Tim Burton, the film centers around the Pumpkin King Jack Skellington, who's essentially the lord of Halloween, deciding to take over Christmas in an attempt to shake himself out of his boredom. While the film wasn't successful upon release in 1994, it has since grown to become a cult classic and fixture of the holiday season.

FROM MOVIEHOLE:
With everything from ''Aladdin'' to ''The Lion King'', ''Dumbo'' and "Toy Story" renewing their leases at the House of Mouse this year, you won't be at all surprised to hear what could be next on the brand restitution card at Disney. There's talk at Disney to "do something with "Nightmare Before Christmas" – probably a sequel but live-action possible" I've been informed by a tipster (who has given Moviehole credible intent in the past; in particular, they were spot-on with the "Backdraft 2" scoop they offered us).

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
You're joking...

(Who am I kidding, I'd go see it)

Edit: Hold up, there's gonna be a Backdraft 2!?

Kschreck

Oct 27, 2017
Pennsylvania
Most of these remake projects look really mediocre. That Aladdin stuff looks straight out of "Made for DVD". I wouldn't mind a sequel to Nightmare Before Christmas in the same visual style but that's about it for me.

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The great thing about this thread is that the thread title also works great if you stop reading before the word "before".

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck everything. I am vehemently against this.
I'd far rather a sequel using the original stop animation assets and style even if Tim Burton wasn't involved(which btw he wasn't even super involved with the first one).

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
giphy.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.