• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

mrchad

Oct 27, 2017
My daughter dropped our Switch a few weeks ago and the left Joy Con took the brunt of the fall. We have a second pair to use, but I was looking to replace the broken one, only to find all new left gray Joy Cons out of stock virtually everywhere.

Do they not sell these anymore? I can find blue versions and refurbished models, but I find it odd the the grays are so hard to find.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
If it's just using it as a portable, could you try the ones by Hori? They are sold individually and are much cheaper (because they lack all the gyro/wifi stuff). I use this one just for the dpad in portable mode.
hori.co.uk

D-Pad Controller (L) Zelda Edition for Nintendo Switch

UK Site for World renowned video game peripherals & accessories company, Hori. Learn More!

Hobbun

Oct 27, 2017

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I traded my XBOX ONE S for a Switch in March of 2020. The deal was though the guy didn't have his dock, because his "ex" had it and he didn't want to talk to her. I was like "Whatever, I'll just buy one online. It's still a good deal". To this day, I've never seen an Nintendo Switch Dock in stock anywhere online or in store (I'm in Canada). Their website has said "Temporarily Sold Out" for almost a year now (at least). I've got some third party adapter that works, but I'd like to have an actual dock because if/when I want to sell my Switch, I think it will help me get what I want for it. It's such easy money for Nintendo...it's ridiculous. Ugh...I hadn't even thought about this for a while, but now I'm upset again.

devenger

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
I got a blue/yellow off of Amazon last week. The rarity sure makes it look like joycon 2.0 on the way?

yrcmlived

Jan 29, 2020
I just ordered a gray L/R joy-con pack from Target. But that's weird those colors are being discontinued. Isn't gray the original color?

So what colors are left then?

neon and the second generation of color (like purple and orange etc)

the funny think is that the set blu-yellow still in production, the switch mario edition has red joycon and the new special for MH has gray joycon

gray was original yes (with neon)

rycisko

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I haven't worked for Best Buy in awhile but any time we would get them in on trucks it would only be 3-4 of them and they usually sold immediately.

Don't think it's resellers, consoles are still just incredibly popular and in-demand because of Covid. Probably have to lurk online sites and try to get lucky

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
Never used it but I think Dbrand sell joycon skins of whatever colour you want..

https://dbrand.com/shop/nintendo-switch-skins

Fun fact for anyone who wants to do this; you can easily change what color your joy con is detected as at the system level if you decide to change the physical color of your controller. I made my neon yellow set show up as white when I changed the shell so it's neat that you can have it match at the OS level too.

Hobbun

Oct 27, 2017
neon and the second generation of color (like purple and orange etc)

the funny think is that the set blu-yellow still in production, the switch mario edition has red joycon and the new special for MH has gray joycon

gray was original yes (with neon)

Wish they just had a neutral color left, I don't need something bright and colorful. I wish they still had the grey, or started making a black.

But hopefully the two joy-con bundle I just bought will last me awhile. The one I am replacing now I've had since launch and it's drifting now.