• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 26, 2017
She is going to get a lot (more) heat for what she's saying about capitol police. She's damn brave, if that wasn't already obvious a million times over.

I don't know who this streamer, but he has earned my eternal scorn in thinking this is the time for YouTuber commentary. I'll wait for a summary.
Try this one. Much better:
https://www.twitch.tv/tyt is also streaming her right now and without stupid ass commentary

Slash

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Sep 12, 2018
I hope Josh Hawley, Ted Cruz, and every single Republican that enabled this shit are happy right now.

Nelo Ice

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I hope there's a mountain of evidence for the impeachment trial. And good god AG Garland gonna need to go on a hiring spree for how many people he's gonna have to prosecute.

Slash

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Sep 12, 2018
I liked Hasan's content in the past, but what the hell is he up to tonight? None of this "commentary" helps the serious situation at all.

chefbags

Oct 25, 2017
He is now banning people for pointing out exactly the same things mentioned here.

It's shocking to me how unaware he is and yet is "beloved" by his community and even people in ERA

Yeah I started watching him today for AOC and it was some annoying insensitive shit. Will make sure to ignore everything he does and any threads about him here.

Oct 27, 2017
Damn, AOC needs to retire. I honestly worry for her safety, especially since nothing will be done about these criminals.

Oct 25, 2017
Hasan is a well-informed idiot, and a consistent asshole towards his audience. I have no idea why he's as popular as he is, other than I think people often mistake ranting for true insight.

Deleted member 4461

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why does he keep saying something about he'd rather talk to Nazis? What the fuck man.

Armchair psychologist - he's hurt & defensive right now.

He's pushing back against what he thinks is cancel culture because he feels like people are attacking him. Issue is, the types of conversations he thinks he can have with Nazis to convert them are the conversations it's impossible for chat to have with him. The format is terrible for it. So he can say something that doesn't make sense and then explain it later because he has the floor 24/7, but no one else can.

But in short, I think he's just defensive right now & doubling down. Doesn't make him a bad person, but I also don't judge anyone who decides to turn the channel or not watch during live events.

Deleted member 4461

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, AOC needs to retire. I honestly worry for her safety, especially since nothing will be done about these criminals.

It's the endless issue of public service. I think that if I were a close friend, I would tell her to just disappear from the public sphere.

But as a public servant, she has to weigh a lot more. People like this threatening her will only ensure women, victims, or generally outspoken people never get into Congress again. And she has to weigh her position of leadership against her own personal safety. It's not remotely an enviable position.

Oct 26, 2017
"What is the craven extent of your personal political agenda...." God damn. I need that full quote. Instagram won't let me rewind.

Vaskie

Oct 27, 2017
I am getting really bad vibes from Hasan.

He seems like the equivalent of a far right winger but on the left. He is constantly angry and seems to think of himself as moraly and intellectually superior.

It makes me feel so sad that AOC and others have gone through such traumatic experiences, and unfortunately i don't feel like there will be accountability.

I can't stop wrapping my mind around the idea that it must have been an inside job.

madstarr12

Jan 25, 2018
Are there cameras in her office, or any representatives' offices anywhere? If there was any audio or video, it would be hard for Republicans to deny or dismiss any of this.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
I hope there's a mountain of evidence for the impeachment trial. And good god AG Garland gonna need to go on a hiring spree for how many people he's gonna have to prosecute.

Yeah man, I wouldn't get your hopes up. Most of these people we're talking about almost certainly are not going to be prosecuted, at least not to the extent you're imagining.

Oct 26, 2017
Welp, it's over. That was great. I'm not going to waste a second reading shitbag reactions online or seeing what Fox News has to say, and I suggest everyone else take a mental break from that nonsense for the night too.

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
He is now banning people for pointing out exactly the same things mentioned here.

It's shocking to me how unaware he is and yet is "beloved" by his community and even people in ERA

I started watching him because of the positive response towards him here and in other places, but after the stream where he kept defending the transphobia in Cyberpunk2077 to the point of he was dismissing trans voices as "people just looking to get mad" or something to that effect I dropped him. He isn't impressive at all, and his popularity is baffling.

Double 0

Nov 5, 2017
Politically, heads need to roll.

Thankfully this isn't possible in the US, but in other countries, the reps that helped facilitate this would have straight up died.

Deleted member 4461

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Are there cameras in her office, or any representatives' offices anywhere? If there was any audio or video, it would be hard for Republicans to deny or dismiss any of this.

Wouuullldddd iiitttt????

Not that i am aware of, but MTG seems to have had a part in it. Every day that passes more and more information is coming out about her connections to the far right.

I mean exactly 0 surprises me about that person. It's wild how Republicans still feel the need to accept all of this into their party, but hey.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Cop bangs on the door screaming "where is she," doesn't announce his name or that it's safe, isn't accompanied by any other backup and tells her to go to an unsafe location.

YEAH, THAT SOUNDS NORMAL.

latex

Jul 5, 2018
The parts about her being in that grocery store with the bad vibes gave me chills. I've been on my fair share of road trips and had my late night adventures and trust me, you know when the vibes are not good. That shit is terrifying.

And the cop that was banging on her door like a madman then basically told her to go to some random location?? Man listen... the calls are coming from inside the house!

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
It really is frightening to think what would have happened if the terrorist found her or one of the other squad members. We'd see live videos of their murder.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
First of all... Katie Porter's got nerves of steel.

Otherwise, more accounts like AOC are needed to remind the public just how bad the situation, both in how close the insurrectionists got to some congresspeople and the fact that not even the Capitol Police could be trusted. Here's hoping we get more of this in the Senate trial.

And I'm deeply sorry for what she's been through with just... everything.