• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Baji Boxer

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Some people paint her as some sort of naive unqualified newcomer to politics who should wait her turn, and seriously underestimate her intellegence and experience. She's probably one of the smartest elected officials in the U.S. though.

She graduated cum laude with a degree in economics and international relations. She interned at Ted Kennedy's office, she's had experience with navigating the court system, the immigration system, organization, education, has worked both important and menial jobs... before college, she even had an asteroid named after her after finishing 2nd in the world's biggest science fair with a microbiology project.

I'd say her education and life experience rival a lot of much senior members of Congress.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Good. The more she pulls the rug from under their feet, the more the younger generation will start stop dealing with this bullshit and reverse the polarity. Hopefully this is early enough before late stage capitalism goes full blown aristocracy.

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Listen here, this post is incredibly—

Oh it's a joke? Whew! I was about to pop a vein

There was a post in another thread this morning that isn't too far off from this parody. Many believe she's just going to accept the money anyways.

Trago

Oct 25, 2017
Um, holy shit.

I haven't been this enthusiastic about a politician for a long time.

And her popularity is shedding more light on all the issues.

I can see why the right are panicking.

Deleted member 7130

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is great and all but I really wish she would sit down, shut up and gain credibility after 20 or so years of doing jack shit and taking corporate bribes, just like everyone else. Then maybe she could make her move. There's a process to this missy!
Yeah, totally. She should learn how to play the game where the cops let the robbers get away with everything and use that knowledge to keep screwing every day citizens. Then, and only then, will she have c r e d i b i l i t y.

BlueTsunami

Oct 29, 2017
Some people paint her as some sort of naive unqualified newcomer to politics who should wait her turn, and seriously underestimate her intellegence and experience. She's probably one of the smartest elected officials in the U.S. though.

She graduated cum laude with a degree in economics and international relations. She interned at Ted Kennedy's office, she's had experience with navigating the court system, the immigration system, organization, education, has worked both important and menial jobs... before college, she even had an asteroid named after her after finishing 2nd in the world's biggest science fair with a microbiology project.

I'd say her education and life experience rival a lot of much senior members of Congress.

I had no idea about all this in regards to her past. It's funny how people have basically reduced her to a freshman representative. Armchair political analysts being critical of her yet she's out there building a renewed interest in politics for a younger generation while holding some feet to the fire.

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
I'm afraid for her life, personally. At some point she's gonna piss off the wrong person and it hopefully doesn't end poorly.

I think from an angry, less rationale perspective, this may be true. But anyone looking at the "long game" understands that any physical act against her is just pulling an Obi Wan, and making her more powerful than you could possibly imagine. You can't fight a martyr. That's what sunk the Charlottesville protests, once that lunatic decided to run someone down. It never works out, long term, for the aggressor.

dreams

Oct 25, 2017
I had no idea about all this in regards to her past. It's funny how people have basically reduced her to a freshman representative. Armchair political analysts being critical of her yet she's out there building a renewed interest in politics for a younger generation while holding some feet to the fire.
It's not funny. It's because she's pretty and young (and a woman) and therefore cannot POSSIBLY be qualified. Tbh the people in threads about her sexualizing her at all times are contributing to this.

Damaniel

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
I've never stanned a politician before but I think that's about to change!

I've said it before, but I'd quit my job to follow her, Grateful Dead style, to volunteer for her Presidential campaign if she chooses to run. Anyone able to legitimately scare both the establishment and our wealthy overlords, even at such a young age and at such a junior level in Congress, has my vote for sure.

PrimeBeef

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is great and all but I really wish she would sit down, shut up and gain credibility after 20 or so years of doing jack shit and taking corporate bribes, just like everyone else. Then maybe she could make her move. There's a process to this missy!
Go home. No one else but the new blood wants to do shit. Let them.

I got to learn to read more of a thread before posting.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
She broke the whole thing down so incredibly well, especially with that last part about the President being held to a lower ethical standard. I hope her political future is a long and great one as she inspires others to pick up the torch.

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope the party starts to rally around her. She's literally what I've been dreaming of American politics becoming since I reached adulthood. Nearly 20 years of anger towards the status-quo bullshit from both sides that empowers bad people (though obviously MUCH more from the right).

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
I really hope the party starts to rally around her. She's literally what I've been dreaming of American politics becoming since I reached adulthood. Nearly 20 years of anger towards the status-quo bullshit from both sides that empowers bad people (though obviously MUCH more from the right).

If she were white, male, straight, Christian and Republican, she would have been the person Republican voters hoped Trump would be to "drain the swamp," and would have been voted in with an easy Rebuplican landslide majority.

Deleted member 19844

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
United States
Everything I've seen when the media refers to her is re: her being a "former bartender." I don't think most media outlets are trying to denigrate her, but they're certainly going for the most appealing "headline."

RoaminRonin

Nov 6, 2017
DyxqFEUUYAAh9i0.jpg

Level 100 boss showing those level 1 scrubs how it's done.

Extra Sauce

Oct 27, 2017
Why is the video split into three parts? It's like they're actively trying to prevent the message from going viral.

Deleted member 7130

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

The most interesting woman in the world.

Lucky241

Oct 31, 2017
the shores of Carcosa
AOC makes me angry.

Angry the other Dems have been complacent and silent on this stuff for so long.

Hopefully they all get replaced with more AOCs and we finally see real change.

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
She is VERY VERY good, like seriously it's a damn shame she can't run for president because you have a material here that is supremely interesting.
She needs to keep doing what she does.
Anyone remember the useless dude she replaced or did we all forget who that useless person was already?
Nah it's okay. Actually the minimum age rule for President is a good one. She's great but still green. It's good she's going to get experience and by 2024-2028 she'll be unstoppable.

There should be an age limit to run for President too btw. No one above 75 should be able to run for as high demanding a position as President that could take 8 years but in reality take the toll of 20 for even the best of us. No one should want an almost 90 year old sitting in the Oval Office, right Bernie?

Last edited:

Whompa

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This chick is going to fucking destroy Washington...and I will support her 100% of the way.

oneils

Oct 25, 2017
Ottawa Canada
This is great because she doesn't just tell him what's wrong or hypocritical.

She poses it as a question and makes HIM confirm that it's wrong and hypocritical.

Who is he, though, and how does this make him appear hypocritical? If he didn't write the laws and lawmakers did - then she is really just pointing out how congress is hypocritical, not whoever this guy is.

captmcblack

Oct 25, 2017
Jesus, please don't let them have some bullshit to smear her with in the future.

She's the way that party should orient its politics, straight up.

OP
OP
Mr. X

Mr. X

Oct 25, 2017
I want future where the right is today's Dems and left is Aoc style Dems and the modern GOP is rightfully labelled a white nationalist hate group.

Oct 30, 2017
She's stating what's obvious, yet at best is whispered in the mainstream.

And the fact that we have Congressional members trading securities in the very industry for which they are sponsoring legislation for is mind boggling.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Jesus, please don't let them have some bullshit to smear her with in the future.

She's the way that party should orient its politics, straight up.

They're already trying to smear her but it's failing miserably. They basically make her look cooler and more relatable instead of actually hurting her. That and she doesn't really give a shit, it's earnest and extremely driven while also being able to throw their shit right back at them. She must be terrifying to them.

Chirotera

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

I like her but her star is rising too fast for my tastes! She hasn't done any governing yet and people love her! Let's wait for her to actually do something before we start giving her praise.