• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Darth Smurf X

Oct 25, 2017
Hoth, WI
Literally, the ONLY thing I used Facebook for was PS4 Share screenshots. Now how do I share 100s of mediocre Spider-man selfies to people who don't care?

Sixfortyfive

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Atlanta
Probably a good thing overall, but social media integration on consoles has been really useful for filling out my friend lists without having to bother them all for their platform-specific names.

Hentailover

Oct 25, 2017
Moscow
SHucks, now I am out of options to share screenshots... Not interested in using my utterly neglected twitter account either

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
The less Facebook is in my shit, the better.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
This is going to make sharing pictures, even outside of Facebook, more of a pain.

Christor

Oct 25, 2017
It's a bummer. I liked the features with Facebook. A lot of my friends were gamers and connected and discussed our uploads

Feb 26, 2019
Tijuana
The long answer was shorter than the short one, lol
blol.gif

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
I'm happy about this, but I do hope they figure out ways of connecting PSN to other services/API's to make friend-finding and other ways of being connected easier.

Sort of like how some services let you connect other services. In my Twitch account it shows me what other accounts of mine are connected to it, like PSN, Steam, Twitter, FB, etc. so if PSN worked that way too it would be nice.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Why just why? How are we supposed to see close friends and their real names then? Posting videos and screenshots to facebook was one of the eaistest things to do.

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
Why just why? How are we supposed to see close friends and their real names then? Posting videos and screenshots to facebook was one of the eaistest things to do.

Sony did not offer an explanation for the removal of Facebook integration on PS4, but we've reached out to the company for more information. In 2018, Facebook said that it was restricting how third-party companies could use its members data, and specifically named two partners, Sony and Microsoft, as companies that accessed some Facebook data, as a result of a software bug, even after Facebook had shut down certain integrations.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Uploading screenshots quickly was the only time I used it.
Yes. What I would do is upload a screenshot privately so that only I could see it, then upload it to a sharing site to show it off where I needed to. Now I don't know how I'd even do the same. I don't want to make a tweet to post a screenshot on this forum, for example.

the_kaotek1

Oct 25, 2017
Well there goes the one thing I actually use FB for then. I never actually shared my screens on FB, just used it as an easy uploader.

Nano-Nandy

Mar 26, 2019
Messaging screenshot to yourself and grabbing them from the PS app to upload anywhere resulted in better quality screenshots anyway.

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
Yes. What I would do is upload a screenshot privately so that only I could see it, then upload it to a sharing site to show it off where I needed to. Now I don't know how I'd even do the same. I don't want to make a tweet to post a screenshot on this forum, for example.

- You can copy it to a USB drive.
- Upload it though the What's New section on the PS4 and save it using a browser on the myPlayStation site.

USB is the recommended way by the way. Facebook, Twitter and even the myPlayStation sites compress the hell out of the image.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
- You can copy it to a USB drive.
- Upload it though the What's New section on the PS4 and save it using a browser on the myPlayStation site.

USB is the recommended way by the way. Facebook, Twitter and even the myPlayStation sites compress the hell out of the image.

Yeah, but that's why it's a pain. Now I'd need to capture a shot and upload it to my USB key, then take the USB key and plug it into my PC to then upload it to an image host. It's a step I only took when I needed to upload a lot of screenshots/media at once. But for individual screenshots? That's an annoyance. Compression wasn't really an issue since the shots I was sharing there were to show something specific.

I didn't know about the myPlayStation site way of doing it, though. Maybe that could replace quick uploading for me.

Navid

Oct 26, 2017
Never used facebook anyway for the sharing functionality... feel like their video player is terrible and their image compression is even worse.

Usually put captured videos on youtube and transfer images to a USB drive.

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I absolutely despise not having a unified social network where only my friends get to easily see my shit, and Facebook's slow demise is outright ruining social media for me, because there's nothing else. Can't stand Twitter or Instagram or Snapchat (is this even a social network?).

Oh well. Might be for the best.

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Whhhhhhy :(, this is how I upload and save all my screenshots or video clips to share online :(. I like using facebook cause you can hide them all so you don't flood notifications, etc. Which is something you can't do with twitter.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Trump is the president and I lose Facebook access . Damn you Cambridge Analytica

LAM09

Oct 25, 2017

I wish Twitter had a feature where you could upload and keep it as a draft.

Copying them onto a USB seems like the only option.

daegan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Oct 27, 2017
absolutely sucks for trying to find people I know IRL but don't talk to about games often. :/

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Kotaku is reporting that it's because they are still finalizing their contract. FB responded not Sony.

(Update 4:58pm—A spokesperson for Facebook provided the following statement: "We're working with Sony to finalize an updated contract designed to improve the Facebook integration on PlayStation. While these discussions are in progress, Facebook features will not be available on PlayStation 4. We hope to bring these features back as soon as our teams reach agreement.")

See how they specifically menoned they gonna improve FB for PlayStation (they didn't say PS4) and PS4 support will cease to be provided.
This is a hint that they working on FB integration on PS5. ony is slowly killing features and support for PS4 in favor of PS5.