• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

rocket

Oct 27, 2017

Vote kick or anyone can just randomly kick anyone? Then what is there to stop the other 2 guys from kicking me right before the boss fight just to troll me from getting the boss drop? I guess the bottom line is what is there is stop people from trolling other people?

Sorry I had to ask cause I've lived long enough to know how people operate in online games.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
I just discovered this off reddit and was delighted to see part of the environment and lore is shared with their Oculus game from a few years back Chronos, which was an amazing Souls-like with incredible world and enemy design.

REM_Date_03.png

Oh that's pretty interesting. I need to get around to finishing that.

tragic

Developer
Verified
Nov 28, 2018
Austin, TX
Vote kick or anyone can just randomly kick anyone? Then what is there to stop the other 2 guys from kicking me right before the boss fight just to troll me from getting the boss drop? I guess the bottom line is what is there is stop people from trolling other people?

Sorry I had to ask cause I've lived long enough to know how people operate in online games.

I'll ask around tomorrow. I think we have some stuff but I'll check to be sure!

OP
OP
VN1X

VN1X

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This close to clicking that pre-order button.

Gah! August can't come soon enough.

Last edited:

Mockerre

Story Director
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
tragic Time for the hard questions... what's the business model on this one? You've got a great initial price (digital release only), but what about 'reccurent spending'... any microtransactions? Lootboxes? Skins? Boosters? ;)

tragic

Developer
Verified
Nov 28, 2018
Austin, TX
tragic Time for the hard questions... what's the business model on this one? You've got a great initial price (digital release only), but what about 'reccurent spending'... any microtransactions? Lootboxes? Skins? Boosters? ;)

Easy question! No loot boxes, no pay for power (the closest thing would be the preorder VIP acess which comes with a few exp boosting elixirs). We want players to be able to enjoy the 40 dollar price tag for 40 dollars. :)

Down the line, we will have DLC to add new biomes and bosses (along with loot!) which I'm sure will have some cost attached, but Remnant is not about Nickel-and-diming the gaming public. We wanr those things to be worth it. Vanity items have been brought up (mostly by fans) and if we ever did those, I believe the goal would be to ensure no power increase.

Mockerre

Story Director
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Easy question! No loot boxes, no pay for power (the closest thing would be the preorder VIP acess which comes with a few exp boosting elixirs). We want players to be able to enjoy the 40 dollar price tag for 40 dollars. :)

Down the line, we will have DLC to add new biomes and bosses (along with loot!) which I'm sure will have some cost attached, but Remnant is not about Nickel-and-diming the gaming public. We wanr those things to be worth it. Vanity items have been brought up (mostly by fans) and if we ever did those, I believe the goal would be to ensure no power increase.

Great!

Zoon

Oct 25, 2017
This looks like the perfect game to play until Iceborne launches on PC. Just started watching the recent stream, looks pretty fun. Everything about the game seems great.

Jakke_Koala

Sep 28, 2018
We're streaming live on Twitch right now if anyone wants to hop in and get some of their questions answered.

twitch.tv/remnantgame
Found out yesterday about the game and it looks really great. I love the monster designs i've seen.

I'm a bit confused about how re-rolls work. Does that reset the campaign, or just the biomes? And do you keep your gear, or sidequests when you re-roll? Do you have multiple character saves (like souls), or is the re-rolling for this?
And how long will an average campaign be for a first time player?

Can't wait for august 20th, this went from unknown to 2nd most hyped game this year really fast

chrisdm

Oct 27, 2017
Northeast United States
Found out yesterday about the game and it looks really great. I love the monster designs i've seen.

I'm a bit confused about how re-rolls work. Does that reset the campaign, or just the biomes? And do you keep your gear, or sidequests when you re-roll? Do you have multiple character saves (like souls), or is the re-rolling for this?

Can't wait for august 20th, this went from unknown to 2nd most hyped game this year really fast

Completely agreed. I am looking forward to this more than anything at the very least for the month of August!
(sorry, very excited for Dragon Quest XI S)

It's so awesome that tragic & DashReindeer have been in here answering questions as well. Every staff interaction I have seen so far, be it here or on video, feels so authentic and straightforward. I never sense any 'dancing around questions', which feels great!

P.S. If y'all sell any Remnant: From The Ashes merch, feel free to point me in the right direction. ;)
I always ask game devs this because I love supporting devs by repping the brand irl hahah.

Graven

Oct 30, 2018
I've been wanting to play some a really good PvE game since my PSO days, this might be the one after all.

Since the devs are gracing us with their presence here, i just want to know if you guys plan on adding new content post release.The gameplay foundation seems absolutely solid

chrisdm

Oct 27, 2017
Northeast United States
I've been wanting to play some a really good PvE game since my PSO days, this might be the one after all.

Since the devs are gracing us with their presence here, i just want to know if you guys plan on adding new content post release.The gameplay foundation seems absolutely solid

I think this dev post actually answers your question, Graven !
(the second paragraph of the answer)

Graven

Oct 30, 2018
I think this dev post actually answers your question, Graven !
(the second paragraph of the answer)
Thx a lot, kinda busy, didn't have time to read the whole thread.

Glad to hear, liking everything i'm hearing and seeing. Also, the pricing on my region is insanely good compared to what it costs in dollars, the game's price here is around $40 * 1,80 , while each dolar costs around four times my currency.

DashReindeer

Perfect World
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Wow, some questions that tragic is probably more equipped to handle than I am, but I'll try. Speaking of Tragic, the latest Gaming with Gunfire is out featuring the man himself. Take a gander.

Thanks! You are mostly correct in your assumptions about re-rolls. From the World Stone at Ward-13, you can re-roll everything outside the base. You do keep your gear and character advancement, but you re-roll the quests, biomes, bosses, and gear that is available across the campaign. As Tragic mentioned, we are working on Adventure Mode as post-launch free DLC content that will change some of how this works, but we are still refining that experience at the moment. Hope that answers the question!

tragic

Developer
Verified
Nov 28, 2018
Austin, TX
Oh hey, it's me!

Sorry for the slow replies. We've been knee deep in wrapping this thing up, I sometimes forget to stop by. I'm still here, though!

So, re-rolls work like this:

Go to the World Stone in Ward 13, select World Settings, Select Difficulty (and yes, you can do this from the very beginning before you've even stepped foot out of Ward 13!), Select Re-roll Campaign, and "VIOLA"... a new campaign is waiting for you once you step through the World Stone.

All gear that you've obtained up to that point is kept. Story progress is reset (your World Stone will have no waypoints unlocked except the first City zone), quest items are reset. Weapons, Armor, Amulets, Rings, Traits, Consumables... EVERYTHING you've obtained up to that point carries over.

You are basically telling the game you want to start over but with all your current items. It's like a manual NG+ that you can use any time you want. This only re-rolls that particular save. It doesn't affect any other saves you might have.

As for the "manual NG+" I mentioned:

Every zone has a minimum level. If you exceed that, then it becomes your "power level" +1. Power level is attained via a weighted average of your 6 core slots (Handgun, Longgun, Melee, Head, Body, Legs). For example: You may have a +6 Handgun, a +5 Long Gun, and then Sword, Head, Chest, Arms at 0 (or "base" level). Your weighted average would probably be 5. Any time you zone into a new area for the first time (this includes warping to City for the first time, entering a new dungeon, entering a new boss tile) it will calculate your power level and increase the next zone by +1. This only happens ONCE. This is so you start each area with a bit of a challenge and then you can overpower it by upgrading your gear at the base.

Again, if you are BELOW the minimum zone level, then it will remain whatever it is already set at. For example, right now, the end bosses for City are level 5. If you run to them and get there at level 2, you are in for pain (or fun!). If you get there are 5, it will be 6. If you get there at 9, it will be 10.

So, you can actually run through City in a new game, get to 5, fight a level 6 Dragon or Ent World Boss, go back to Ward 13, re-roll the campaign, go through City again (all randomly generated - within some guidelines), get to the Dragon or Ent World Boss at level 8 this time, and it's +9. YEOW!

Also, each level your gear goes up, it goes up 10%. 10% DMG, 10% Armor, etc. However, each level enemies go up, they get stronger than you (which you make up with Traits and gear). Right now, enemies go up 14% DMG for every level, and 12% health (while you only go up 10%/10%). At level 10, enemies do 9x4%more DMG (36%) and have 9x2% more health (18%). It's very easy to make that up with Armor Skills, Traits, Amulets, Rings, Mods... so don't worry!

Average campaign is about 15 hours... but you won't even see half of what the game has to offer in a single playthrough. Remember, there are multiple bosses, multiple world bosses, and a variety of POI and quests (and items) in every biome. If you go through City and see the Dragon, that means you didn't see the Ent. If you beat the Dragon once, it means you didn't get one of the two rare crafting materials... which means you need to beat it again (a different way). That means in one City playthrough you've only obtained 1 of 4 rare crafting materials from World Bosses.

To get everything out of the game... you'll need to play many times... so the 15 hours is misleading. As an indicator: we recently had a Friends & Family beta and allowed some people to give the game a try. However, we locked them out of some of the content which prevented them from seeing an entire biome and from completing the game. Many of them played 20+ hours alone... just going through and rerolling and going through again... collecting more stuff (and seeing more sights) along the way!

Hope this helps!

=)

Jun 4, 2019
I'm skeptical of how good the loot will be based on the preview from GI. "Fewer, more meaningful drops" usually translates into boring loot (coming from a vanilla D2 burn victim). Any images or previews of loot/inventory/stats?

MasterLeePhD

Oct 28, 2017
I just pre-ordered it on Xbox after reading through this thread. As soon as I read it can be done solo... Sold!

Jakke_Koala

Sep 28, 2018
Wow, some questions that tragic is probably more equipped to handle than I am, but I'll try. Speaking of Tragic, the latest Gaming with Gunfire is out featuring the man himself. Take a gander.

Thanks! You are mostly correct in your assumptions about re-rolls. From the World Stone at Ward-13, you can re-roll everything outside the base. You do keep your gear and character advancement, but you re-roll the quests, biomes, bosses, and gear that is available across the campaign. As Tragic mentioned, we are working on Adventure Mode as post-launch free DLC content that will change some of how this works, but we are still refining that experience at the moment. Hope that answers the question!

Oh hey, it's me!

Sorry for the slow replies. We've been knee deep in wrapping this thing up, I sometimes forget to stop by. I'm still here, though!

So, re-rolls work like this:

Go to the World Stone in Ward 13, select World Settings, Select Difficulty (and yes, you can do this from the very beginning before you've even stepped foot out of Ward 13!), Select Re-roll Campaign, and "VIOLA"... a new campaign is waiting for you once you step through the World Stone.

All gear that you've obtained up to that point is kept. Story progress is reset (your World Stone will have no waypoints unlocked except the first City zone), quest items are reset. Weapons, Armor, Amulets, Rings, Traits, Consumables... EVERYTHING you've obtained up to that point carries over.

You are basically telling the game you want to start over but with all your current items. It's like a manual NG+ that you can use any time you want. This only re-rolls that particular save. It doesn't affect any other saves you might have.

As for the "manual NG+" I mentioned:

Every zone has a minimum level. If you exceed that, then it becomes your "power level" +1. Power level is attained via a weighted average of your 6 core slots (Handgun, Longgun, Melee, Head, Body, Legs). For example: You may have a +6 Handgun, a +5 Long Gun, and then Sword, Head, Chest, Arms at 0 (or "base" level). Your weighted average would probably be 5. Any time you zone into a new area for the first time (this includes warping to City for the first time, entering a new dungeon, entering a new boss tile) it will calculate your power level and increase the next zone by +1. This only happens ONCE. This is so you start each area with a bit of a challenge and then you can overpower it by upgrading your gear at the base.

Again, if you are BELOW the minimum zone level, then it will remain whatever it is already set at. For example, right now, the end bosses for City are level 5. If you run to them and get there at level 2, you are in for pain (or fun!). If you get there are 5, it will be 6. If you get there at 9, it will be 10.

So, you can actually run through City in a new game, get to 5, fight a level 6 Dragon or Ent World Boss, go back to Ward 13, re-roll the campaign, go through City again (all randomly generated - within some guidelines), get to the Dragon or Ent World Boss at level 8 this time, and it's +9. YEOW!

Also, each level your gear goes up, it goes up 10%. 10% DMG, 10% Armor, etc. However, each level enemies go up, they get stronger than you (which you make up with Traits and gear). Right now, enemies go up 14% DMG for every level, and 12% health (while you only go up 10%/10%). At level 10, enemies do 9x4%more DMG (36%) and have 9x2% more health (18%). It's very easy to make that up with Armor Skills, Traits, Amulets, Rings, Mods... so don't worry!

Average campaign is about 15 hours... but you won't even see half of what the game has to offer in a single playthrough. Remember, there are multiple bosses, multiple world bosses, and a variety of POI and quests (and items) in every biome. If you go through City and see the Dragon, that means you didn't see the Ent. If you beat the Dragon once, it means you didn't get one of the two rare crafting materials... which means you need to beat it again (a different way). That means in one City playthrough you've only obtained 1 of 4 rare crafting materials from World Bosses.

To get everything out of the game... you'll need to play many times... so the 15 hours is misleading. As an indicator: we recently had a Friends & Family beta and allowed some people to give the game a try. However, we locked them out of some of the content which prevented them from seeing an entire biome and from completing the game. Many of them played 20+ hours alone... just going through and rerolling and going through again... collecting more stuff (and seeing more sights) along the way!

Hope this helps!

=)

Awesome, thanks.

This is starting to remind me of Let It Die, which is severely underrated, but without the grind and microtransactions. and more (focused) content.

Is there also a way to overlevel, or will you always be -1 lvl short of the biome?
And will your weapons break after a certain amount of usage?
Also, with the re-roll, you can get different bosses, but do you also get different Story beats, or different lore, depending on the rolls?

Thanks for the answers, guys. Really cool you're doing this!!

DashReindeer

Perfect World
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
God, please keep this as far away as possible from the game
Happy to report that there is no weapon degradation in the game. Nothing is gonna break on you.

On the topic of re-rolls, every player will go through the major story beats of the game, but there will be quests, NPCs, and bits of lore that you will definitely not run into without subsequent playthroughs.

And maybe tragic can correct me on this one, but I believe enemies scale based off your gear, so they won't necessarily be balanced against your Trait level, but they will be balanced against your gear level. That said, I still believe it's possible to overlevel in the game through judicious use of re-rolls, but again, tragic will likely have more insight on this one.

Fireclad

Oct 27, 2017
The Void
Happy to report that there is no weapon degradation in the game. Nothing is gonna break on you.

On the topic of re-rolls, every player will go through the major story beats of the game, but there will be quests, NPCs, and bits of lore that you will definitely not run into without subsequent playthroughs.

And maybe tragic can correct me on this one, but I believe enemies scale based off your gear, so they won't necessarily be balanced against your Trait level, but they will be balanced against your gear level. That said, I still believe it's possible to overlevel in the game through judicious use of re-rolls, but again, tragic will likely have more insight on this one.
Oh my goodness this just keeps getting better.

I just found out about this game the other day. From everything I'm seeing so far seems this might go a long way towards finally scratching a little bit of that Phantasy Star Online itch I've been scritchin' at for years.

Graven

Oct 30, 2018
Quick question.

The max number of players is 3 or 4? In case of 3, any chance of increasing the number later on?

Last edited:

rocket

Oct 27, 2017

I'll ask around tomorrow. I think we have some stuff but I'll check to be sure!

tragic DashReindeer Any update on this?

tragic

Developer
Verified
Nov 28, 2018
Austin, TX
Oops, I was at Evo! Just got back. Unsure about the trolling stuff. I think the best course of action is to be the host. I'll still check tho, but I'm not sure there's much beyond just playing with decent people if you can (or being host).

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Looks like this could be my loot shooter alongside BL3 if all goes well. Interested to see how well it gets supported in the coming months but I supposed that is based upon how well it does.

Hexer

Oct 30, 2017
I didn't really look into this game until just yesterday. Watched a lot of the streams and videos, and I pre-ordered today so I can get the early weekend access :p. Seems like it should be pretty fun, and I really love the enemy design!

Deleted member 56580

User requested account closure
Banned
May 8, 2019
Hello ! I wanted to know, are there automatic weapons in the game ? in much of the streams I saw shotguns / rifles

people

Oct 27, 2017
I think I found the answers to some questions I had about this game - although I can't find the actual answers in this very thread, so maybe it was somewhere else..

Anyway, my remaining question: Is creating/having/using a Perfect World / "ARC" account required, optional or otherwise involved to play the game, in particular on PS4?

DashReindeer

Perfect World
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
We're live streaming a look at the swamp world of Corsus right now if you want to check it out:

Kurt Russell

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Here's the Youtube VOD for the stream DashReindeer shared above:

I have to say, I love the community manager. I think even if I wasn't interested in the game, I'd buy it after this video.