• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mejilan

Oct 27, 2017
I've not yet seen the Blink Thief event myself, but I've heard that if he escapes, you need to wipe to reset the fight.
If you progress and hit the checkpoint beyond him, then you've missed out entirely for that run.
And he's part of an RNG event, so there's no guarantee you'll see him again if you re-roll your campaign.

JJD

Oct 25, 2017
I've not yet seen the Blink Thief event myself, but I've heard that if he escapes, you need to wipe to reset the fight.
If you progress and hit the checkpoint beyond him, then you've missed out entirely for that run.
And he's part of an RNG event, so there's no guarantee you'll see him again if you re-roll your campaign.

Aw fucking hell...this is incredibly frustrating.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Remnant Community Update: "SOON" (TM)
We have some good stuff coming really soon (tm)... but before we get into it, it's important to mention that the vast majority of the time we are working on performance, crashes, stability, and bug-fixes. We know this is important to players, both new and old, even though NEW CONTENT is the most exciting. That being said, as you probably know, we are working on getting Adventure Mode locked down! On top of that, we have a host of really fun balance/tuning stuff coming along for the ride.

I can't give an exact date, but it's definitely soon (tm). The unofficial goal is within 7 days or so... BUT DON'T QUOTE ME (pls) on that because sometimes we find an issue or two that has to be nailed down before we can submit... or release times need to be adjusted for any number of reasons. This is NOT an official announcement, just giving you the best guess I can. For more official release dates, always refer to Perfect World announcements!

As for what to expect from the next patch, besides Adventure Mode (which will allow you to reroll a specific biome as many times as you want... so you can get the loot you are missing!) we have the aforementioned armor update which going to be very interesting and fun to experiment with. The goal is to make armor more valuable (the actual armor value / damage reduction) but also give you more ways to mix and match. We want to provide a really interesting tradeoff between mix-matching or going all-in one one armor. So while the 3 piece bonuses will always be the stongest single-effect, mix-matching will allow you to create some really fun synergies.

The way we are doing this is by adding an additional 1-pc bonus (that does NOT scale with multiple pieces). This is active on every piece of armor, but again, it doesn't stack. As an example of how this works: Hunter Armor retains its "Damage Increase beyond xRange" but also gets a flat 15% Weakspot DMG (from any range). You can get this 15% from the head, the chest, or the pants... but it does not stack with itself. So, with this setup, you can wear 2-pc Bandit to get the +2 Set Bonus, then enjoy the +1-pc Hunter range bonus, and then on top of that, the new flat 15% Weakspot bonus that comes with any single piece of Hunter Gear.

As a heads up, with these armor changes, we are using Radiant armor as the gold standard (no pun intended). We are not nerfing Radiant to bring it down to the other levels but instead bringing up every armor closer to where Radiant performs. The only noticable tweak we would make to Radiant would be to ensure the 1-pc and 2-pc are considerably weaker to entice you to wear all 3-pc (for the current / unchanged bonus) but also give it the special new any-piece bonus. Well, as we mentioned, we also want to increase the actual armor value (damage reduction) too, so that would actually be a buff!

The goal with these armor changes is to allow more freedom and more creativity. Radiant was a best-in-slot / mandatory for harder difficulties. The other armors, while super cool looking, didn't live up to the power (or utility) fantasy that Radiant does. We want to fix that!

On top of the armor stuff, more weapon enhancements are coming. Last patch we made a variety of tweaks to help further separate each weapon identity. We are continuing that for the weapons that didn't get touched (while still giving some final touches to previous weapons). We've heard a lot about Sniper Rifles so expect some nice additions there.

OH, also... yes, Devastator / Bandit is getting "fixed"... but not how you think! Devastator / Bandit was super OP because the 5-projectiles each had a chance to proc the free-shot (which was 5x 35%). We are changing it to only allow 1 proc PER TARGET... which means for each target you hit, you have an additional 35% chance. If you hit 3 targets... 35% x3! This keeps the Devastator/Bandit fun... but removes the raw boss exploit potential.

Bandit also had an issue with latency... that should be fixed too.

... and last but not least, we didn't forget you Summoner fans. =)

(... ok ok, Nightmare (Boss) is also getting a few tweaks).

Will edit the post with any additional info. For now, it's not meant to be a full patch notes or anything... just a heads up!
-----------------------------------------------
Digging the sound of these changes. I'm all about mix sets.

Mejilan

Oct 27, 2017
All of that sounds good to me.

Edit - But I'd love icons over players' heads to indicate which is host, who is in their menu, and Ward 13 griefing to be disabled by eliminating friendly fire.
Sucks to be at a vendor doing shit only to get mowed down by a partner so they can utilize that same vendor. Shit's garbage.

Last edited:

Smash-It Stan

Oct 25, 2017
I'm at the final boss and this is just a load of shit. Every boss has been pretty simple where if you just survive the enemy spawns you'll be ok. Now there's weird mechanics at play and the boss had a trillion hp compared to everything I've fought.

Since there's just...nothing left to do, or get or buy, I've no idea how to even begin to fight this guy without the fight taking 2 hours.

I get teleported to the dark room, I get about 10 kills and leave because my HP is draining and the bigger enemies start spawning. I shoot once, spam breath of the desert, shoot once, spam, repeat. If I'm lucky I stagger him and I can maybe do 30-40% of his first bar. This is just such a timesink.

I feel like I got very unlucky with my bosses and might restart. I have like 3-4 different grenade launcher esque weapons and I have 3 weapon mods that summon weak enemies/distractions and a corrosive aura. I've used repeater pistol and hunting rifle with Hunter armour the whole game because everything else sucks.

At first I was fine with that, I figured it was like bloodborne where you just use what your comfortable with but now it's suddenly a really shitty souls game where my build is suddenly 'wrong' but I can't do anything to change it. 80% of my other armour set bonuses are for melee builds IE worthless.

Might go grind like 15 trait points or something before I just reset and hope I get better bosses that give real rewards and not this fuddy duddy shit.

Mejilan

Oct 27, 2017
I'm at the final boss and this is just a load of shit. Every boss has been pretty simple where if you just survive the enemy spawns you'll be ok. Now there's weird mechanics at play and the boss had a trillion hp compared to everything I've fought.

Since there's just...nothing left to do, or get or buy, I've no idea how to even begin to fight this guy without the fight taking 2 hours.

I get teleported to the dark room, I get about 10 kills and leave because my HP is draining and the bigger enemies start spawning. I shoot once, spam breath of the desert, shoot once, spam, repeat. If I'm lucky I stagger him and I can maybe do 30-40% of his first bar. This is just such a timesink.

I feel like I got very unlucky with my bosses and might restart. I have like 3-4 different grenade launcher esque weapons and I have 3 weapon mods that summon weak enemies/distractions and a corrosive aura. I've used repeater pistol and hunting rifle with Hunter armour the whole game because everything else sucks.

At first I was fine with that, I figured it was like bloodborne where you just use what your comfortable with but now it's suddenly a really shitty souls game where my build is suddenly 'wrong' but I can't do anything to change it. 80% of my other armour set bonuses are for melee builds IE worthless.

Might go grind like 15 trait points or something before I just reset and hope I get better bosses that give real rewards and not this fuddy duddy shit.

Big changes to the armor system are coming within a week or so.
And adventure mode.
And further tweaks to the last boss.

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
You have to headshot the boss iirc, then he opens up and you do insane damage to the dreamer in the ribcage. Only done it once, pre patch, and it felt off: he only opened up once.

Other guns don't suck though: Beam Rifle and Particle Accelerator are very good for that fight in my experience. Other mods are also useful.

ForgeForsaken

Oct 27, 2017
20 minutes into the future.
I had no idea I could reset the encounter by wiping, and that he would disappear if he got away a number of times. I went in blind.

That gun is kind of frustrating anyhow as you can see how it could almost be amazing and is instead just kind of ok. Now if they added piercing to it in addition to ricochet it would be AMAZING! I'd even take a damage hit to it to make that happen.

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful Province of Quebec.
Got a break fighting a Rohm Boss,it glitched when it had 1/3 of his health left,it just stood there,doing nothing and we just had to shoot at him till it died...I will take it though lol but I will put the name in Spoiler in case Tragic wants to see it...I am guessing it happens once in a while...

Raze

Oct 27, 2017
Got the Beast Heart, gave it to the Fairy Queen, then went and fucking killed the Undying King. Now I'm in the jungle. Loving this game so far.

Mejilan

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, thanks for the rifle! Now i need help to beat the final boss, arrived at the bastard yesterday and it seems really difficult for me alone!

I can help. Supposedly the mechanic to open up its chest for big damage was made more consistent with the last patch, but IMO, it's just as iffy as it used to be. Which can make a 5-minute fight into a 20-minute battle of attrition that eats up your ammo crates (and could still end in failure).

I don't have a good, reliable way to open up the chest cavity. I've tried Beam Rifle + Breath of the Desert. I've tried Ruin (have actually had more success with this, but that was in the last patch, when the fight was heavily RNG-prone). I've tried the Assault Rifle. I've tried super high damage, single-shot pistols. And a few others. All boss weapons tried were at +9. All non-boss weapons tried were at either +19 or +20. I get the chest open maybe once in five attempts if that.

My nether realm strat is easy. Have that healing aura weapon mod ready (Mender's Blessing? I forget the name), and then go to town on the easier adds with Beam Rifle or whatever you want. Once you have 10 or more damage stacks (1 stack per easy mob kill, 3 stacks per elite mob kill), beeline to the portal, grabbing ammo on the way. The more stacks, the more damage you do to the boss. I feel like 10 is no longer enough. But usually by the time you have 10 damage stacks, major elites like Gorefist and Shroud start showing up, and they can ruin your day faster than the boss can.

Then focus fire on the boss, dodging his easy to dodge balls of death, and try to do as much damage as possible in the 30 or so second window you have to bust open his chest. That's when the REAL damage comes in. That's also the real trick, though. Since you're only supposed to need to do 7% of his overall health in those 30 seconds to bust open the chest. I know I've done more than that and not have the chest open up. So something is still off there. Originally, you needed to do 10% of his overall health in the DPS window, and that window was determined by RNG, and could range from 15 seconds to 30 seconds. They got rid of that RNG portion by fixing it to 30 seconds. (Though it still feels like less sometimes, just not as bad as it used to be).

And he has SOOOOO much health now. In the same patch where they supposedly made the chest-opening stun mechanic easier to pull off, they also doubled his health. IMO, the patch made the fight worse, not better. The idea was a more mechanically consistent fight where you see big, huge, fun damage numbers way more often, but a bigger health pool as a trade-off. I'm not sure that the trade-off was worth it. The fight seems to last just as long now as it did before, if not longer.

That said, the boss is getting some further retuning in the next big update due out hopefully within the next week or so. Still no firm ETA, and I don't think they gave us any detail on what's changing. But hopefully he'll be less of a slog to fight and beat.

I love Destiny. I love mechanics-heavy bosses with lots of moving parts and DPS windows and all that jazz. Dreamer/Nightmare is not a fun fight. I get what they're trying to do with it. It's like an attempt at a baby version of a Destiny raid boss. But they haven't nailed the execution yet. Right now, the fight is long, boring, and simply not enjoyable. Destiny bosses are fun because the mechanics are (usually) 100% consistent. If you fail, it's YOU (as a team) that failed. Not the game failing you. You get up, try again, hopefully learn some lessons, refine your strategy, and eventually overcome the challenge. The dark side to this approach. If your boss' mechanics aren't consistent, it ruins the entire encounter by introducing an unintended element of chance in a fight that already has a lot of moving parts to it. And Destiny raid bosses are designed around a player team size of six, all using mics to communicate.

None of Remnant is designed like this, so doing the fight with silent randoms can make for suuuuuch a bad time. This boss' design is also not particularly conducive to solo play. It's doable, sure, and I bet a lot of their issues in finding a solid middle ground is trying to balance the fight around both solo players and team players. But of all the fights in the game, this is the one that I feel the most encourages you to team up. Even just having one other player around can be a huge help, since the person not in the nether realm stays in the boss arena and can mop up adds, letting the nether realm player with the damage stacks focus only on opening up the chest cavity with fewer distractions.

Last edited:

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
I can help. Supposedly the mechanic to open up its chest for big damage was made more consistent with the last patch, but IMO, it's just as iffy as it used to be. Which can make a 5-minute fight into a 20-minute battle of attrition that eats up your ammo crates (and could still end in failure).

I don't have a good, reliable way to open up the chest cavity. I've tried Beam Rifle + Breath of the Desert. I've tried Ruin (have actually had more success with this, but that was in the last patch, when the fight was heavily RNG-prone). I've tried the Assault Rifle. I've tried super high damage, single-shot pistols. And a few others. All boss weapons tried were at +9. All non-boss weapons tried were at either +19 or +20. I get the chest open maybe once in five attempts if that.
Assault rifle with the fire mod. Build up the meter while killing adds then set your weapon on fire when you attack nightmare. The fire dots pretty much guarantee his chest will open up. When I found that out it made the fight much easier solo than in a group. In groups you don't know who it will teleport and if they will even stay in long enough to build good stacks. I get to ten stacks then leave because elites begin to spawn. Also solo there is no adds while fighting nightmare.

Mejilan

Oct 27, 2017
Assault rifle with the fire mod. Build up the meter while killing adds then set your weapon on fire when you attack nightmare. The fire dots pretty much guarantee his chest will open up. When I found that out it made the fight much easier solo than in a group. In groups you don't know who it will teleport and if they will even stay in long enough to build good stacks. I get to ten stacks then leave because elites begin to spawn. Also solo there is no adds while fighting nightmare.

Which fire mod are you talking about? Do you know its exact name? I got one from my first ever Brabus (Mud Dogs leader) fight last night. Is that it, by any chance?

Honome

Jan 10, 2018
Rio de Janeiro

My nether realm strat is easy. Have that healing aura weapon mod ready (Mender's Blessing? I forget the name), and then go to town on the easier adds with Beam Rifle or whatever you want. Once you have 10 or more damage stacks (1 stack per easy mob kill, 3 stacks per elite mob kill), beeline to the portal, grabbing ammo on the way. The more stacks, the more damage you do to the boss. I feel like 10 is no longer enough. But usually by the time you have 10 damage stacks, major elites like Gorefist and Shroud start showing up, and they can ruin your day faster than the boss can.

Then focus fire on the boss, dodging his easy to dodge balls of death, and try to do as much damage as possible in the 30 or so second window you have to bust open his chest. That's when the REAL damage comes in. That's also the real trick, though. Since you're only supposed to need to do 7% of his overall health in those 30 seconds to bust open the chest. I know I've done more than that and not have the chest open up. So something is still off there. Originally, you needed to do 10% of his overall health in the DPS window, and that window was determined by RNG, and could range from 15 seconds to 30 seconds. They got rid of that RNG portion by fixing it to 30 seconds. (Though it still feels like less sometimes, just not as bad as it used to be).

And he has SOOOOO much health now. In the same patch where they supposedly made the chest-opening stun mechanic easier to pull off, they also doubled his health. IMO, the patch made the fight worse, not better. The idea was a more mechanically consistent fight where you see big, huge, fun damage numbers way more often, but a bigger health pool as a trade-off. I'm not sure that the trade-off was worth it. The fight seems to last just as long now as it did before, if not longer.

That said, the boss is getting some further retuning in the next big update due out hopefully within the next week or so. Still no firm ETA, and I don't think they gave us any detail on what's changing. But hopefully he'll be less of a slog to fight and beat.

I love Destiny. I love mechanics-heavy bosses with lots of moving parts and DPS windows and all that jazz. Dreamer/Nightmare is not a fun fight. I get what they're trying to do with it. It's like an attempt at a baby version of a Destiny raid boss. But they haven't nailed the execution yet. Right now, the fight is long, boring, and simply not enjoyable. Destiny bosses are fun because the mechanics are (usually) 100% consistent. If you fail, it's YOU (as a team) that failed. Not the game failing you. You get up, try again, hopefully learn some lessons, refine your strategy, and eventually overcome the challenge. The dark side to this approach. If your boss' mechanics aren't consistent, it ruins the entire encounter by introducing an unintended element of chance in a fight that already has a lot of moving parts to it. And Destiny raid bosses are designed around a player team size of six, all using mics to communicate.

None of Remnant is designed like this, so doing the fight with silent randoms can make for suuuuuch a bad time. This boss' design is also not particularly conducive to solo play. It's doable, sure, and I bet a lot of their issues in finding a solid middle ground is trying to balance the fight around both solo players and team players. But of all the fights in the game, this is the one that I feel the most encourages you to team up. Even just having one other player around can be a huge help, since the person not in the nether realm stays in the boss arena and can mop up adds, letting the nether realm player with the damage stacks focus only on opening up the chest cavity with fewer distractions.

Thanks for all the help! Gonna try solo again tonight and hope have more lucky with these tips.

Actinium

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
California
I felt pretty similarly about the boss at first blush but it was really leaning on consumables which i'd largely ignored the rest of the game that worked for me. Bloodwarts inside the add dimension, frenzy pods after exiting, a couple of the 1 hour buff items, and some ammo crates. It gets expensive if it takes a lot of attempts, but it really helps.

More specific tips; since he's all armored all the time with the grey damage on direct hits, damage over time effects that bypass that and do normal damage are very effective. Try the Hot Shot mod which everyone can buy from the start. Adds in the dark room seem to be programmed to prefer spawning in your vision and not behind you if they're able to. Abuse this by sprinting to about 12 feet away from the portal and quickly murdering the couple adds that spawn in your path as you go, then just stare at the wall and don't swivel your view around and you'll see the adds start funneling themselves into the small kill box between you and the wall your vision cone allows them. Eventually as you need to turn to aim at root on the edge more root will spawn at the new edge and eventually break free from your spawn camp, but you can normally get the first 7ish kills at a breakneck speed. It was usually around the gorefist add appearing that I knew it was time to go.

I cleared it with +15 gear, 5 dragon hearts, and usually had around 10-13 kills exiting the add dimension.

Smash-It Stan

Oct 25, 2017
You have to headshot the boss iirc, then he opens up and you do insane damage to the dreamer in the ribcage. Only done it once, pre patch, and it felt off: he only opened up once.

Other guns don't suck though: Beam Rifle and Particle Accelerator are very good for that fight in my experience. Other mods are also useful.
He has no 'head', you just hurt him till he opens up when you have the buff. I have the beam rifle but not that other gun. I also don't have 'Other' mods. I listed everything I have, all non helpful against the final boss and everything's cleared.

How do you get your dots to actually set him on fire? Nothing happens when I do hotshot, the dot is enhanced by the buff as well? Because my summons don't get enhanced by the buff.

Mejilan

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, the advice is welcome, but the boss shouldn't be tuned to a specific weapon mod for reliably bursting that chest open.
I feel like if you have 10+ damage buff stacks when exiting the nether realm, and your gear is properly leveled, it really shouldn't be a struggle to burst open the chest. Boss needs more work to make it more consistent for folks that aren't going with a specific build, IMO.

This would at least give first-time players a decent shot at doing some significant damage even if they don't quite pull it off.
For many, the current and prior incarnations feel like you're beating your head against the wall. And the boss is still bad enough that folks that spawn into your world will quickly bail out when they see where you're at in the game, just like before the major retuning that came with the last patch.

They're inching closer to where the boss needs to be, but they're not there yet. IMO.

Nordicus

Oct 29, 2017
Finland
I mean, the advice is welcome, but the boss shouldn't be tuned to a specific weapon mod for reliably bursting that chest open.
I feel like if you have 10+ damage buff stacks when exiting the nether realm, and your gear is properly leveled, it really shouldn't be a struggle to burst open the chest. Boss needs more work to make it more consistent for folks that aren't going with a specific build, IMO.
Yeah, when the buff seems like it scales in a linear fashion, there are some loadouts that have no chance opening up the boss.

If they want to increase viable build diversity in that fight, while keeping mechanics largely the same, instead of mainly focusing on builds that excel during that 30 second buff period, they should reward going past that 10th buff stack as the DoT gets severe and the elite/boss spawns are frequent, to help builds that focus on control and/or sustainability instead of pure offense.

Last edited:

Mejilan

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, when the buff seems like it scales in a linear fashion, there are some loadouts that have no chance opening up the boss.

If they want to increase viable build diversity in that fight, while keeping mechanics largely the same, instead of mainly focusing on builds that excel during that 30 second buff period, going past that 10th buff when the shadow DoT becomes severe and elites/bosses start spawning in higher numbers, should be rewarded with exponentially more damage, to reward builds that focus on control and/or sustainability instead of pure offense.

Yup. They've openly likened boss fights to puzzles. I just feel like these sorts of puzzles should have multiple solutions.
And most do! Despite all the tweaking so far, Nightmare seems to have far fewer viable solutions than other fights.

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017
spent 1.5 hrs with 2 friends fighting the bridge boss on hard last night. Prob did help that 1 friend was -25 corrosive and the other was woefully underleveled. Those stupid little balls are no joke when you have 3 ppl.

Mejilan

Oct 27, 2017
spent 1.5 hrs with 2 friends fighting the bridge boss on hard last night. Prob did help that 1 friend was -25 corrosive and the other was woefully underleveled. Those stupid little balls are no joke when you have 3 ppl.

Rattleweed decoy on the opposite side of the bridge you folks are on really helps out in that fight.

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017
Rattleweed decoy on the opposite side of the bridge you folks are on really helps out in that fight.
yup thats what we ended up doing for the balls. It was rough because if either one of them went down in a corrosive pool, it was tough as hell to pick them back up and they only needed to touch it for a split second to go down

Mejilan

Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone know if the Sleight of Hand trait (unlocked by getting 100+ kills with 10 different weapons across a single campaign) counts kills you make when helping out others in co-op? Or do all 1,000+ kills have to be as a host?

Rizific

Oct 27, 2017
im 24hrs in and im still not sure about this one thing. that chime you get when killing mobs, theres two, a single chime and a double. what does that indicate? that an "elite" or "special" mob has spawned somewhere?

komaruR

Oct 28, 2017
http://www.twitch.tv/komarur
So I fought the Blink Thief. He stole an item and teleported through the dungeon.

I almost got him killed but he vanished and didn't come back anymore. I have have tried the dungeon again and no sign of him.

Am I screwed for good? Because if I am and can only try him again on the next play through this is bullshit especially if you consider the randomness of the game.
he will apear about 2 or 3 more times after your first attempt fail. watch yt video. youll see they fail the first time with the obj being crossed but if you push ahead, youll find him again. there's only so much times he appear tho. rember to die quick after like your 2time meeting him and have yet get him down low hp for the last few timea tho.

JJD

Oct 25, 2017
he will apear about 2 or 3 more times after your first attempt fail. watch yt video. youll see they fail the first time with the obj being crossed but if you push ahead, youll find him again. there's only so much times he appear tho. rember to die quick after like your 2time meeting him and have yet get him down low hp for the last few timea tho.

Which YT video?

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
I had a weird thing happen where the Scald and Spear boss seemingly disappeared from my game. I tried it a few times but now it seems to be gone and I can't find it anymore. The dungeon it spawned it doesn't have it anymore.

Oct 27, 2017
And I have this area on the other side of a locked door I can't seem to get too:

In the upper right. It's near the Stuck Merchant... who apparently is a random spawn. The bottom exist is a dungeon that leads to a bell puzzle, and the right leads to the next area (through a different piece). I checked the next area and none of the exists lead back to this area. I think it's possible my roll bugged a bit...

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
And I have this area on the other side of a locked door I can't seem to get too:

In the upper right. It's near the Stuck Merchant... who apparently is a random spawn. The bottom exist is a dungeon that leads to a bell puzzle, and the right leads to the next area (through a different piece). I checked the next area and none of the exists lead back to this area. I think it's possible my roll bugged a bit...
If you progress through the other areas open to you, you will eventually end up in the top right and unlock that door from the other side.

Oct 27, 2017
Just to show:

upload pic

This is the area that follows. The top area is where I used the Strange Curio, but that leads to a dead end. The area in the upper right leads to back to the middle right exit which leads to a Bell puzzle and opens the path to the exit on the bottom which leads to the last boss in world.

Mejilan

Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone know if the Sleight of Hand trait (unlocked by getting 100+ kills with 10 different weapons across a single campaign) counts kills you make when helping out others in co-op? Or do all 1,000+ kills have to be as a host?

To answer my own question, online kills seem to count just fine. Just got Sleight of Hand, and the trophy for acquiring 30 traits.
Yes, I was solo-hosting at the time, but the overwhelming majority of my play time is onilne as a co-op partner in others' worlds.
So the online kills must count, so long as they're done before your re-roll your own campaign.

JJD

Oct 25, 2017
I'm on my second play through and decided from the start to try to get that trait that needs 100 kills with 10 different guns.

Best decision I made!

It forced me to try new guns and let go of my favorite ones and I'm having a blast! I have changed my primary and secondary on every world, and right now I went with the hunting pistol and sniper rifle and I'm using the slayer set to take advantage of the reload bonus. I'm feeling like a gunslinger nailing headshot after headshot, I almost changed my set to the cultist one to actually look like a gunslinger! Haha

Also Devs I take back what I said, Corsus if my FAVORITE world right now, by far! I played with two randoms that were super aggressive, one was a melee build I believe because he was using the scrapper set and a huge exploding hammer, he was doing OK. The other was just dumb, rushed enemies all the time and died a lot. I stayed at the back popping heads with my hunting pistol and sniper.

There are soooo many enemies rushing at you on Corsus with 3 players! it's crazy! I ran with the turret and flying skull mods and I would unload all my mods and kept popping heads trying to stay alive against the zerg rush! It was amazing!!!

I was usually a bit behind my teammates and eventually when they both died the zerg wave would rush me and it was a lot of fun trying to stay alive!

On the downside performance slowed to a crawl, I'm talking sub 20 fps probably, but it was still a blast! LOL!

Another thing that bothered me is that I saw a lot, and I mean a lot of the same events and bosses that I played on my first time...They should prioritize different bosses and events from the last time you played.

KirbyKid

Designer at Gunfire
Verified
Aug 13, 2019
I was thinking about making a combat tips video to help people expand their Remnant battle tactics. Maybe even focus on some tips for dealing with adds in a boss fight. Any thoughts? Any requests?

Tya

Oct 30, 2017
I was thinking about making a combat tips video to help people expand their Remnant battle tactics. Maybe even focus on some tips for dealing with adds in a boss fight. Any thoughts? Any requests?

The main issue I've seen is people focusing down the primary boss instead of treating the boss fights as encounters. Against Gorefist for example, they'll focus almost entirely on him and continuously get destroyed by the exploders because they aren't properly accounting for them. People will wait until the last second to try to deal with them instead of creating space, locating where they are coming from, ensuring they have ammo, etc.

I think the boss fights are much more of a "dance" than people give them credit for.

So how's the game when played exclusively in solo?

I've played exclusively in solo and really enjoyed it.