• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

cheesekao

Dec 1, 2017
Jesus fucking Christ Corgus, AKA the Swamp planet...

What were you thinking devs?

Elites everywhere, they regenerate health when taken down, and one of then summon regular enemies...

And the worst is that my guns barely do damage unless I hit their weak spots which isn't easy on consoles.

I'm running with a lvl. 10 hunting rifle and a lvl. 3 Defiler and I can't do enough damage.

I'm playing solo but for the first time I'm thinking of trying co op (something that I only wanted to do on my second playthrough) simply because I just can't progress far enough.

ANY TIPS ON CORUS ENEMIES guys?

I cannot wait to see the boss of this world and how many adds it throws at me...
Do you have the assault rifle and SMG? Those weapons have really good damage. I also recommend the hotshot mod if you have it. Do you have any damage increasing rings/amulets?

First reroll and I was 5 bosses in before I came across a repeat boss that I faced during my first playthrough. How many bosses this game have?!
Earth has 4 mid-bosses and 2 world-bosses
Rhom has 5 mid-bosses and 2 world-bosses
Corsus has 3 mid-bosses and 1 world-boss
Yeasha has 6 mid-bosses and 2 world-bosses

I've grouped several side quest bosses as mid-bosses just so you know.

Last edited:

JJD

Oct 25, 2017
Do you have the assault rifle and SMG? Those weapons have really good damage. I also recommend the hotshot mod if you have it. Do you have any damage increasing rings/amulets?

Earth has 4 mid-bosses and 2 world-bosses
Rhom has 5 mid-bosses and 2 world-bosses
Corsus has 3 mid-bosses and 1 world-boss
Yeasha has 6 mid-bosses and 2 world-bosses

I've grouped several side quest bosses as mid-bosses just so you know.

I only have the submachine gun at lvl.5 but I felt like it didn't do enough damage and I have hotshot, I'll try it again. As far as rings I that increase damage I only have Jewel of The black sun which I'm using right now.

You have to really take your time clearing areas and work out which enemies to prioritize.

Don't go running around blind corners because of the winged enemies that just stand there sleeping. Also, watch out for the elites with hammers. They can throw them.

Watch your feet, use your mods, and remember that you have a neutral dodge.

Complaining about boss adds is particularly funny in this case.

I'm trying to proceed as slowly as I can, clearing everything. I prioritize normal enemies over elites so I don't get overwhelmed, unless the elite is the shaman like guy that summons more enemies. I have never seen the huge elite with hammer, just the guy that rushes and the shaman.

Neutral dodge was a good reminder, I always forget about that.

Thanks for the help guys!

cheesekao

Dec 1, 2017
I only have the submachine gun at lvl.5 but I felt like it didn't do enough damage and I have hotshot, I'll try it again. As far as rings I that increase damage I only have Jewel of The black sun which I'm using right now.
Just a note, boss weapons have a 2x multiplier on their upgrades. A +3 defiler is essentially a +6 weapon so you may want to upgrade it to +5 to match your hunting rifle. Corsus enemies are definitely a tanky bunch but you should be able to easily take down the yellow tentacle blobs with charged melee strikes, assuming you aren't being swarmed. What other long guns do you have by the way?

As a side note, I personally think that you overextended by upgrading your weapon to +10. You should have entered corsus with +4 ~ +6 gear and then upgrade from there to make things a bit easier.

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful Province of Quebec.
Just a note, boss weapons have a 2x multiplier on their upgrades. A +3 defiler is essentially a +6 weapon so you may want to upgrade it to +5 to match your hunting rifle. Corsus enemies are definitely a tanky bunch but you should be able to easily take down the yellow tentacle blobs with charged melee strikes, assuming you aren't being swarmed. What other long guns do you have by the way?

As a side note, I personally think that you overextended by upgrading your weapon to +10. You should have entered corsus with +4 ~ +6 gear and then upgrade from there to make things a bit easier.

Are you sure about the upgrading parts...we are still in the first area I assume,Earth,on our first playthrough,the big annoying Ent tree and my gear is at 9 and my guns at 8...

Last edited:

Nordicus

Oct 29, 2017
Finland
Are you sure about the upgrading parts...we are still in the first area I assume,Earth,on our first playthrough,the big annoying Ent tree and my gear is at 9 and my guns at 8...
Yeah, upgrade material drops are similarly level-scaled upwards as the enemies are, based on your best gear levels. When my friend and I co-opped our first playthroughs, we beat his final boss at around +12 gear and mine at +15. +20 is the max.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
While Ratchet and Clank is my favorite series on PS2, there is one issue.

It's purely a singleplayer game, and most of the bosses would be trivialized by being able to split the boss' attention, even with scaled stats. This phenomenon would be even worse than it is in Souls regularily, because Souls games have a bigger melee emphasis, meaning that you often risk getting slapped by the same enemy attacks that are targeting your co-op partner.

Now, I'm not saying that every way they utilize adds in Remnant is as valid. Ravager is absolutely my favorite method of adds implementation. This is to a point where it made me look at some of the weaker boss designs a little more harsly, because this dev team seems to know better than to just put constant adds popping from unguarded nooks and crannies of the boss arena.

Well, yeah. They're designed as singleplayer experiences. But you can still scale up bosses without necessarily adding adds to the fight. Ratchet and Clank does this in Ratchet and Clank All for One, where the bosses have attack patterns that threaten the entire arena, rather than just a single player. Remnant also does this with bosses like Ixillis, where the arena as a whole is constantly at threatened by the enemy attacks. Other bosses in Remannt cast spells that seem to track multiple players independently.

I'm not against adds in the game. I just think that at present that Remnant relies on them a bit too much. I think adds do add something positive to some of the fights they're present in, and many of the others would be devoid of challenge without them, because of how they encounters have been designed. Notably, adds that exist as independent AI do help to make each run of a boss different, because depending on which team mate gets focused by the adds, each player will experience different challenges and difficulty. There's definite merit to that.

Last edited:

Dynamic3

Oct 31, 2017
Just got to the first boss, Shroud, and I feel like I slammed into a brick wall. With the dozens of ads with ranged attacks, I literally melt in less than 10s.

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
Just got to the first boss, Shroud, and I feel like I slammed into a brick wall. With the dozens of ads with ranged attacks, I literally melt in less than 10s.

Jump down the left rail as soon as you can...after the first time you see the Boss cutscene,dont waste time trying to fire at him right in front of you,especially if you glitched at the smoke entrance,which happens all the time,you cant get shots in anymore...then its just a case of getting lucky on where he will keep respawning but you have collumns and stuff to sort of hide behind to heal,reload,pop a potion...but yeah..only saving grace is you got him instead of Gorefist lol...

Currently stuck at the Ent...

Soj

Oct 27, 2017

The trick is to keep moving and mostly ignore the adds and avoid the airbursts. Dodge their attacks and only engage if they block you. Shroud lets out a loud shriek that signals that he's going to do a big attack that rains down from above. Run. It will take out any adds chasing you. When you find Shroud, dodge his arrows, unload on him for a few seconds and then get moving again.

Jump down the left rail as soon as you can...after the first time you see the Boss cutscene,dont waste time trying to fire at him right in front of you,especially if you glitched at the smoke entrance,which happens all the time,you cant get shots in anymore...then its just a case of getting lucky on where he will keep respawning but you have collumns and stuff to sort of hide behind to heal,reload,pop a potion...but yeah..only saving grace is you got him instead of Gorefist lol...

Currently stuck at the Ent...

Don't bother shooting the adds. The pink exploding sacks self detonate, so just let them get close and then roll away at the last second.

The Ent's shockwaves will destroy the adds and so will the exploding balls he fires when his back opens up (weak point). Just keep leading the adds in one direction and shooting the Ent.

The key to making most of the boss battles much easier is understanding that anything that damages you also damages the enemies.

Nordicus

Oct 29, 2017
Finland
Don't bother shooting the adds. The pink exploding sacks self detonate, so just let them get close and then roll away at the last second.
I very much disagree with this, especially in co-op where the adds are not reliably running in front of Ent to get hit by its frontal attacks.

If you try to just dodge from the pink sacks, you're just begging to be hit by one of Ent's attacks as you stand up afterwards, let alone if you screw it up, that's just a wombo combo.

Control the pink adds (this job falls primarily to the person not aggroing Ent in co-op), keep medium distance so that the pink sacks never surprise you or take too much aiming away from Ent, learn to roll through each of Ent's attacks. And finally, always keep Ent in your view just to be safe, but keep calling out whenever it starts its mortar attack, so you can start running to dodge the bombs.

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
I very much disagree with this, especially in co-op where the adds are not reliably running in front of Ent to get hit by its frontal attacks.

If you try to just dodge from the pink sacks, you're just begging to be hit by one of Ent's attacks as you stand up afterwards, let alone if you screw it up, that's just a wombo combo.

Control the pink adds (this job falls primarily to the person not aggroing Ent in co-op), keep medium distance so that the pink sacks never surprise you or take too much aiming away from Ent, learn to roll through each of Ent's attacks. And finally, always keep Ent in your view just to be safe, but keep calling out whenever it starts its mortar attack, so you can start running to dodge the bombs.

I can see it causing problems in co-op with more adds and players spread out. In solo, it's very effective.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
Been trying to kill the Claviger solo for about 45 minutes. The way those adds work with that arena and those mechanics....Fuck the guy who designed that fight (from the solo perspective).

With a group, it's a very good fight. Solo, the fact that those 4 pylons are basically made of cardboard means you're out of cover with 3 dudes shooting multiple ranged projectiles at you while the boss sprays you with a radiation beam that or while he shoots you with huge exploding balls.

I'll get it eventually, but I'm in +10 gear across the board and still take too long to kill those adds and take too much damage from everything in that room.

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
Been trying to kill the Claviger solo for about 45 minutes. The way those adds work with that arena and those mechanics....Fuck the guy who designed that fight (from the solo perspective).

With a group, it's a very good fight. Solo, the fact that those 4 pylons are basically made of cardboard means you're out of cover with 3 dudes shooting multiple ranged projectiles at you while the boss sprays you with a radiation beam that or while he shoots you with huge exploding balls.

I'll get it eventually, but I'm in +10 gear across the board and still take too long to kill those adds and take too much damage from everything in that room.

The adds stagger easily, so if you can't finish one off quickly, stagger them and then move your fire to the next target. It will give you some breathing room to do more damage.

You probably already beat the fight by now, but that tactic is just generally useful when dealing with the game's enemies.

Smash-It Stan

Oct 25, 2017
whats the highest one should get the teammwork trait too? Like Im sure one end of an area to another is a big waste but is like 25m a good number?

Oct 27, 2017
Got my Sleight of Hand trait, just missing 3 traits now but I have no idea what they are or where to get them, guess I'll have to look it up.

Edit: So I was missing the Rapid Hit, Suspicion, and Cold as Ice Traits...the former of which seems pretty useful and easy to get so I added that one as well but the other two involve killing your teammates (one of which you have to do after a specific event/encounter) so if I get those it will be by accident and/or if they add some kind of in-game text chat.

Last edited:

Mejilan

Oct 27, 2017
Took a break to focus on some Destiny stuff and then Remedy's Control really caught me up.
But Destiny's good until Shadowkeep now and I just got the platinum in Control.
First public session... Dreamer 2.0.

Much better fight now. And thankfully, I got the boss material and trait this time!

komaruR

Oct 28, 2017
http://www.twitch.tv/komarur
final boss on nightmare mode with 3ppl coop seems to be broken with the recent hp tweaking patch. no matter what you do, you cant do enough dmg to break open the chest weakpoint. done it multiple runs. we brute force and just fight him like that down to almost 60% hp without breaking the chest even once but I end up erroring out. made the game bugged and the boss not sending any1 else into the nightmare to even get the dmg buff.
taking way too long (hrs) to bruteforce and any error or bug we encounter will make the run futile.

reason we figure its nightmare mode + coop and the probably recent hp tweak on final boss was that it was my friend's nightmare progress and we suggest him to do it solo. In solo, he easily break the chest in first try and proceed to beating it.

hope the dev look into this issue. this was very disheartening as me and my 2 friends started nightmare mode fresh on blind run. the beginning of the playthrough was brutal but we still manage to overcome and beat up to the final boss and then this unintentional bug/patch/etc roadblocked us.
here's the final boss session we just did in coop then told him to solo: http://www.twitch.tv/themasterll/v/477428205?sr=a&t=0s

I asked my friend to make a short video to highlight the issue we encounter on the final boss fight on nightmare mode + coop. I'll link it when he make it.

Last edited:

tragic

Developer
Verified
Nov 28, 2018
Austin, TX
final boss on nightmare mode with 3ppl coop seems to be broken with the recent hp tweaking patch. no matter what you do, you cant do enough dmg to break open the chest weakpoint. done it multiple runs. we brute force and just fight him like that down to almost 60% hp without breaking the chest even once but I end up erroring out. made the game bugged and the boss not sending any1 else into the nightmare to even get the dmg buff.
taking way too long (hrs) to bruteforce and any error or bug we encounter will make the run futile.

reason we figure its nightmare mode + coop and the probably recent hp tweak on final boss was that it was my friend's nightmare progress and we suggest him to do it solo. In solo, he easily break the chest in first try and proceed to beating it.

hope the dev look into this issue. this was very disheartening as me and my 2 friends started nightmare mode fresh on blind run. the beginning of the playthrough was brutal but we still manage to overcome and beat up to the final boss and then this unintentional bug/patch/etc roadblocked us.
here's the final boss session we just did in coop then told him to solo: http://www.twitch.tv/themasterll/v/477428205?sr=a&t=0s

I asked my friend to make a short video to highlight the issue we encounter on the final boss fight on nightmare mode + coop. I'll link it when he make it.

We have some adjustments coming in the next patch!

G Status Ray

Oct 31, 2017
So, a buddy and I have beaten that game and started again. I've really enjoyed the game but I'm losing steam hard. For $40, I can't complain. My question is, am I missing something? There just isn't much to the game imo. It's great fun, but not many weapons, armor, or really that much replayability. I can't really tell if I'm missing something or if that's just the game.

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017

First of all - upgrade your main weapon. If you have rifle, upgrade it. If you have shotgun as your main, this fight is harder, cause Shroud is often far from you - so then upgrade your pistol. If you don't have resources, just explore, kill stuff, find some loot. Upgrade the same weapon at least 3-4 times before trying. I did that and killed Shroud in the first encounter.

But yeah, it's really easiest with long range rifle.

To be honest, I really like the game. But it wouldn't be fun without this great gunplay. It's really shame Gunfire did not make Darksiders with Strife, lol.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
So, a buddy and I have beaten that game and started again. I've really enjoyed the game but I'm losing steam hard. For $40, I can't complain. My question is, am I missing something? There just isn't much to the game imo. It's great fun, but not many weapons, armor, or really that much replayability. I can't really tell if I'm missing something or if that's just the game.

There are a lot of items you won't be able to get on your first playthrough. You're required to play multiple runs or join online matches to fight bosses that you either haven't seen or to kill them in a different way to get their unique drops.

But I think that's just the game. I am kind of equating it to something like a Killing Floor, where you eventually are just grinding it out for the fun of it (not because there's any progression left to have).

komaruR

Oct 28, 2017
http://www.twitch.tv/komarur
me and my buddies played on nightmare coop fresh blind run. that alone made us play way more than normal could. for 40$, and playing more than 40+ hrs is worth it for me even tho there hiccups here and there.
atleast the variation to boss/drops/map gave us incentive to repeat playthru to gear up more enjoyable.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
So where are y'all farming Crystals? Because that and scrap are now my super bottleneck and it's annoying.

Oct 29, 2017
Just wanted to pipe in to say that this game is fantastic. I mean, FANTASTIC.

I'm about 20 hours in, and still a ways from finishing I think. On Corsus.

Mejilan

Oct 27, 2017
AAAARRRGGHHHH!
Was on a very extended co-op session with a random. Like 3 hours and counting.
Cleared most of Earth together, moved on to Rhom. Made great progress there.
I finally stumble into an instance of the Lost Gantry, and my game blue screens and crashes to the PS4 OS mid-fight.
What will it take to finally get the Beam Rifle!?
FUCK!

I hate these blue screens so much. They always come at the worst possible time for me!

Mejilan

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone on PS4 want to trade murders back and forth in Ward 13 a dozen or so times?
I'd like to get the Suspicion trait. If anyone else is interested, hit me up via PSN: Mejilan.
Thanks.

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
I just got the Beam Rifle doing the Labyrinth part,the entrance is in Rohm and at the end you have to survive until the 3 or 4 doors open...further in Rohm,there's a puzzle I guess because when I walk,some tiles sink a bit and then guys pop out and you have to kill them...guessing there is an order to step on them...anyway I though for sure I would be stuck on Earth until I killed the Ent tree but all of a sudden I could not find his room and moved on to Rohm...weird....maybe its because I killed a World Boss instead...? the entrance to Rohm was through that area...

Nordicus

Oct 29, 2017
Finland
I just got the Beam Rifle doing the Labyrinth part,the entrance is in Rohm and at the end you have to survive until the 3 or 4 doors open...further in Rohm,there's a puzzle I guess because when I walk,some tiles sink a bit and then guys pop out and you have to kill them...guessing there is an order to step on them...anyway I though for sure I would be stuck on Earth until I killed the Ent tree but all of a sudden I could not find his room and moved on to Rohm...weird....maybe its because I killed a World Boss instead...? the entrance to Rohm was through that area...
That is weird, unless you're losing track of whose world you're playing on.

Because Ent is Earth world boss in your(?) save.

Which you have to kill to get access to Labyrinth.

Which is the way you finally get to Rhom.

There are ways to skip other stuff later, but afaik, killing Earth world boss is mandatory.

Mejilan

Oct 27, 2017
Huh. Rolled the Lost Gantry in my world.
Does anyone want a low effort Beam Rifle?
I'm at the checkpoint.
If so, all I ask is that once we have our new weapons, we trade off killing each other in Ward 13 for the Suspicion trait once we're done!
You have until I manage to solo it to send me a Friend Request (PSN Mejilan) and join my game!

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
That is weird, unless you're losing track of whose world you're playing on.

Because Ent is Earth world boss in your(?) save.

Which you have to kill to get access to Labyrinth.

Which is the way you finally get to Rhom.

There are ways to skip other stuff later, but afaik, killing Earth world boss is mandatory.

I think you may be right about losing track,now that I think about it.We go back and forth me and my friend and I also jumped in a few random games that had Ent I guess...here is what I got on Earth,only check if you know about all the possible Bosses you can get on different playthrough's

I got Gorefist,then after talking to the old man in a rocking chair about a zillion time,he gave me a watch that a gang wanted me to give to them and I refused,then I got ''The End of the World'' and then the huge ass Dragon,that was probably my World Boss instead of the Ent

Last edited:

Mejilan

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks Honome for putting up with the stupidity involved in getting the Suspicion trait.
But hey, enjoy your Beam Rifle! Assuming you didn't already have it.
:)

I think you may be right about losing track,now that I think about it.We go back in and forth me and my friend and I also jumped in a few random games that had Ent I guess...here is what I got on Earth,only check if you know about all the possible Bosses you can get on different playthrough's

I got Gorefist,then after talking to the old man in a rocking chair about a zillion time,he gave me a watch that a gang wanted me to give to them and I refused,then I got ''The End of the World'' and then the huge ass Dragon,that was probably my World Boss instead of the Ent

Earth has two possible world bosses. You'll only get one in your campaign (until you re-roll). You can't get both in one campaign.
Earth has either Ent or Singe.

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks Honome for putting up with the stupidity involved in getting the Suspicion trait.
But hey, enjoy your Beam Rifle! Assuming you didn't already have it.
:)

Earth has two possible world bosses. You'll only get one in your campaign (until you re-roll). You can't get both in one campaign.
Earth has either Ent or Singe.

Yep,got Singe which we beat in a party of 3 on our first try...a lot easier then Ent,which I never beat so far in my friend's game and with randos.

I dont understand your Suspicion trait thing and how the other got a Beam Rifle out of it...you can trade stuff with others in this game...? or you can actually kill a co-op partner and he drops stuff...???

Last edited:

Mejilan

Oct 27, 2017
I dont understand your Suspicion trait thing and how the other got a Beam Rifle out of it...you can trade stuff with others in this game...? or you can actually killed a co-op partner and he drops stuff...???

I had the Lost Gantry event in my second Biome, which grants the Beam Rifle, a much-desired weapon.
I let folks here on Era know in case anyone still needed it. Anyone that completes a boss or event with you gets the loot too!
In exchange, I asked anyone that joined me for the Beam Rifle to trade kills back in Ward 13 (or wherever there's a crystal, really), because if you "kill" co-op partners 10 or so times, you get the Suspicion trait, which puts me one step closer to the trophy that requires getting 30 traits (I'm in the high 20s now).
Getting the Beam Rifle was fun. Getting the Suspicion trait is dumb and boring. But it only took a few minutes of back and forth player-killing once we smartened up and took off our armors!

Edit - There are a couple of multiplayer-only Traits. Suspicion, detailed above. Teamwork is earned the first time you play co-op. Will to Live is earned if you go down a lot in co-op and get rezzed. Revivalist is earned for rezzing a lot of co-op partners. Cold as Ice is earned for making a deal with an RNG Earth dungeon boss to kill your co-op partner during or before the fight (not sure, because I've never seen this event pop up at all yet. In my world or in co-op).

Last edited:

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
I had the Lost Gantry event in my second Biome, which grants the Beam Rifle, a much-desired weapon.
I let folks here on Era know in case anyone still needed it. Anyone that completes a boss or event with you gets the loot too!
In exchange, I asked anyone that joined me for the Beam Rifle to trade kills back in Ward 13 (or wherever there's a crystal, really), because if you "kill" co-op partners 10 or so times, you get the Suspicion trait, which puts me one step closer to the trophy that requires getting 30 traits (I'm in the high 20s now).
Getting the Beam Rifle was fun. Getting the Suspicion trait is dumb and boring. But it only took a few minutes of back and forth player-killing once we smartened up and took off our armors!

Oh I see lol,I will keep that in mind ;)

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
We just had an Onslaught kill that was clearly bugged. He just kept bouncing between two points the entire fight. No attacks, no adds, no nothing. It was kind of funny.

FatalT

Feb 24, 2019
I can handle Dark Souls but this game is frustratingly difficult for me. I feel like with Dark Souls you can learn and dodge attacks better but in this, you're just at the whim of the RNG.

Mejilan

Oct 27, 2017
I actually think Immortal: Unleashed made for a tougher merger of third-person shooter and Souls-like.
That game is also WAY jankier, however.

Mejilan

Oct 27, 2017
Final world boss of Corvus is a bit of an SOB with 3 people. Any tips? We get wrecked.

You can spawn the second one earlier, and down a full 25% of its overall health, by shooting down the cocoon on the ceiling on the opposite side of where the first one hangs out. Ideally, do this around when the first one gets to 76%-80% health. When #1 loses 25% or more of its health, a fully healed #2 will spawn.

Have someone shoot the Rattleweed decoy whenever the blue orbs get summoned. Then stay away from that part of the bridge.

The one with the beam blast will start at one end of the bridge and work its way to the other. Easy to avoid the beams when you know the pattern.

When they start their shriek, you will need to divide up your fire to stagger both out of the attack.

Last edited:

JJD

Oct 25, 2017
So I fought the Blink Thief. He stole an item and teleported through the dungeon.

I almost got him killed but he vanished and didn't come back anymore. I have have tried the dungeon again and no sign of him.

Am I screwed for good? Because if I am and can only try him again on the next play through this is bullshit especially if you consider the randomness of the game.