• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

JJD

Oct 25, 2017
I think my skins are bugged. When I get in the inventory and click on a piece of armor to choose my skin the only option it shows is the ex cultist skin, which is the class I'm playing.

The other 2 skins from the other two starting classes don't show up even though I have then both dowloaded and installed.

Anyone ideas on how to fix this?

eddy

Oct 25, 2017
Reading this thread and the constant complaints people have, I think you guys might need to add an Easy Mode that gives like 50% buffed stats to the player or something

Or just come up with something better than enemies that simply run straight at you and explode.

I'm still early, but if that's how most of these bosses are going to play out...

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
Or just come up with something better than enemies that simply run straight at you and explode.

I'm still early, but if that's how most of these bosses are going to play out...

It's not, but you have to get used to dealing with multiple mobs. You don't get to wail on target number one all the time, basically.

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
Beat Gorefist on nightmare difficulty only using Smolder.

NegativeFriendlyFrilledlizard-size_restricted.gif

newmoneytrash

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
i just had like six crashes to desktop in a row. one of them was so bad that if fucked up the sound on my entire computer and switched audio output away from my speakers. hopefully a fresh install will help or i'm just going to have to wait for patches :(

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017
man some boss fights are so much easier solo that with others. Moonlight butterfly kicked our ass when i was helping my friends run beat it with a party of 3. Then I go and solo the thing in one try a few hours later lol

Oct 26, 2017
man some boss fights are so much easier solo that with others. Moonlight butterfly kicked our ass when i was helping my friends run beat it with a party of 3. Then I go and solo the thing in one try a few hours later lol

That one in particular cant have other people die if you co-op, the amount of orbs that spawn and damage threshhold on the charge attack will just kill the other players.

Quantum

Oct 25, 2017
finished the game on normal yesterday - really enjoyed it

only issues:

- multiple crashes to desktop
- never could find the damage buff counter for the final boss

What did I do to McCabe - why is she so damned angry?

sym30l1c

Oct 25, 2017
Since the last patch the game has become more unstable for me. I experienced random disconnections and freezes in co-op, and also the game just crashes randomly both in solo and co-op. I had almost no problems before the patch.

Oct 27, 2017
Since the last patch the game has become more unstable for me. I experienced random disconnections and freezes in co-op, and also the game just crashes randomly both in solo and co-op. I had almost no problems before the patch.
Yep, this has absolutely been the case in my experience as well. The worst was a couple nights ago when my character was in starter gear at the character select screen and I couldn't join anyone's game for like 15 minutes (I wasn't about to try my own campaign as I feared it would overwrite the save or whatnot), worked itself out eventually but, well, not fun. Lots of disconnects and lag too which wasn't present before either (for me at least).

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017
That one in particular cant have other people die if you co-op, the amount of orbs that spawn and damage threshhold on the charge attack will just kill the other players.
yeah i failed to stop the scream attack twice (only was able to stop one out of the 2 when they were charging) and survived with no issue, had like 2/3 of my health remaining.

sym30l1c

Oct 25, 2017
Yep, this has absolutely been the case in my experience as well. The worst was a couple nights ago when my character was in starter gear at the character select screen and I couldn't join anyone's game for like 15 minutes (I wasn't about to try my own campaign as I feared it would overwrite the save or whatnot), worked itself out eventually but, well, not fun. Lots of disconnects and lag too which wasn't present before either (for me at least).

This is getting quite annoying now. Twice in a row I just got disconnected before joining a match and the third time the game crashed. I was able to restart and finally play a while, and then got disconnected again. I saw several people are having issues with crashes and some of them solved them by verifying the files. I tried, but my files were good. Hopefully tragic and the team are aware of the issues and can solve it.

Last edited:

Deleted member 34725

User-requested account closure
Banned
Nov 28, 2017
I'll probably pick up this game soon. I really enjoy all soulsborne games so this should be right up my alley. That being said, when I hear that it's a lot looser feeling and that the areas are randomly generated it worries me a little. The deliberateness of the combat and level design are two of my favorite things about souls games.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
Got the Control Rod just now. Can I have other people join my game to get the Ancient Core when I summon the boss for the turret mod?

tragic

Developer
Verified
Nov 28, 2018
Austin, TX
tragic there's a bug with Swarm where it can get stuck thinking it's cast with the circle doing the little swirl thing, but it's not actually active and you can't cast it. Reequipping the mod resets it. On PS4 of that matters.

We've been looking at that. Along with the timer fix (currently locked at 12s) we have a fix for the "sticking" cast. Super annoying. Next patch!

This is getting quite annoying now. Twice in a row I just got disconnected before joining a match and the third time the game crashed. I was able to restart and finally play a while, and then got disconnected again. I saw several people are having issues with crashes and some of them solved them by verifying the files. I tried, but my files were good. Hopefully tragic and the team are aware of the issues and can solve it.

The peformance team is working hard to nail all this stuff down. Unsure what's causing it, but maybe they can shed some light on it tomorrow.

Oct 25, 2017
Me and my two friends dropped the game at the final boss. The sheer number of bosses that rely on terrible add spawn mechanics, the jungle area prior to the final boss and the final boss himself are all absolutely awful. We were having fun, and then the game sucked away all the fun.

The procedural generation is done so poorly its hard to tell if you've visited a place or dungeon or not at times. The game gives little indication as to where to go, and just makes for an exercise in frustration trying to figure out what to do or how to progress.

I think at one point we ended up at an optional boss where enemies just would not stop spawning while we tried to destroy threes globes. Which was just terrible. Then the final boss we couldn't stagger no matter what we did (10ish stacks three times in a row didn't work), and the guides online were unhelpful.

Good gunplay, some good mechanics, but too repetitive, and with too many poor bosses.

Crash331

Oct 28, 2017
Do the devs actually get to see the crash dumps and video clips when games on ps4 crash? I swear, I am loving this game, but it has crashed much more than any other ps4 game I've played. I'm surprised it passed certification. I have sent at least 6 videos of my crashes to SIE/the developers.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
Found a good dude on the official game discord that helped me out in my own game. Got to Rhom and fought one of the bosses there. Had a good time. When I get solid people to play with this game is a ton of fun. Just finding the right people is the challenge.

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful Province of Quebec.
Finaly downed Shroud,on my friends game though,I got Gorefist in mine but at this point,I dont care lol,at least I can see new stuff in his game and we always play together...The Rattle Sweep mod or something doesnt seem to work though...I press R1 and nothing happens...also a question about what we did in a side dungeon:

We got the 2 Big roots in there with the cultist guy...after talking to him we decided to destroy the Roots and he came after us and we had to kill him...will that have consequences later on? I might try not destroying the roots in my game if I get and see what happens

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
I really wish this game had a transmog system. Make it tied to those ultra rare materials you use for upgradring you heart and getting a weapon to +20. Maybe one and some materials to make that piece into a transmog piece or something.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
Joined a random game and we took down Claviger. That fight was rad.

But when it was 3 of us, it spawned like 6 adds. When one dude left, it spawned 2 adds. What's the deal with that?

Oct 27, 2017
Should I kill the guy who asked me to get the beast heart from another world. Being vague to avoid spoilers to others.

I have the option to accept or deny.
You will want to do multiple playthroughs anyways to get all the different gear for making all those decisions.

did you already give the heart away? there are different rewards depending on who you give it too.

is NG+ available at the end? do i get to keep my stuff?

You will reroll the entire campaign (it's a major feature of this title), two campaigns are very unlikely to be the same and you'll very likely see some big changes.

Yes, you keep all the gear (from your previous campaign and any others you joined in co-op) after rerolling the campaign.

Hellshy

Nov 5, 2017
Hoping if someone can help me. I ran into a boss called blink theif. I was playing solo and he vanished before i could kill him. Made it to the end of dungeon but he doesnt seem to respawn.
Im guessing I am screwed but also wondering if he is the guy who kills the stuck merchant?

Oct 27, 2017
Hoping if someone can help me. I ran into a boss called blink theif. I was playing solo and he vanished before i could kill him. Made it to the end of dungeon but he doesnt seem to respawn.
Im guessing I am screwed but also wondering if he is the guy who kills the stuck merchant?
As far as I know the only way to see him again is to reroll the campaign (but given the randomness of that it's not a guarantee)...the answer to the second question is no (unless I missed something) as you need to kill the thief and he'll actually drop the reward (what he stole off the table when you initially see him) for doing so. The thing that killed the merchant is another monster.

sym30l1c

Oct 25, 2017

Same happened to me with the blink thief. I believe if you don't kill him quick enough, it just disappears.
As for the guy who kills the stuck merchant, as far as I know it's another enemy that has nothing to do with the blink thief.
It happened in my playthrough and I saw it happen in at least a couple of co-op sessions and it was the same enemy, who first appears
in a different area, then vanishes, kills the merchant and finally reappears as soon as you find the merchant dead.

Hellshy

Nov 5, 2017
As far as I know the only way to see him again is to reroll the campaign (but given the randomness of that it's not a guarantee)...the answer to the second question is no (unless I missed something) as you need to kill the thief and he'll actually drop the reward (what he stole off the table when you initially see him) for doing so. The thing that killed the merchant is another monster.
Ok.i wasn't to worried about the item but thought I screwed up the stuck merchant since i didnt realize there is another boss you get only one shot at.The merchant is probably not in my second campaign anyway.

Field

Oct 29, 2017
Just finished the campaign tonight. The beginning was definitely hardest for me. I actually gave up on beating Gorefist made new character and got Shroud instead. Learning to play better, using buffs, and upgrading very useful traits helped with the rest. Some bosses I beat in first or second try which is funny since I had thought of dropping the game out of frustration with Gorefist.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone wanna help me out with undying king? fucker is ruthless.

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017
beat the game with my friends today, quite good for a $40 game, was impressed. Will prob mess with nightmare mode and try to get some of the weapons/bosses I missed (i want the claws and storm caller lol), maybe make a melee build as there seems to be a ton of traits and mods that work with it

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Do mods stay charged after you switched out weapons?

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful Province of Quebec.
Some of those Boss fights,I tell you...plus I seem to get a new glitch when getting close to revive someone,the square button is very sensitive,it appears and disappears often,so you have to move just a little bit for it to come back...most of the time revive is useless anyway since your partner probably died because of too many adds,so there you are alone,with his adds on top of yours dying trying to revive...

Xion_Stellar

Oct 25, 2017
Me and of my irl friends finally beat Nightmare this morning and the game was fun but I'm not sure how much longer we will keep playing since Monster Hunter World Iceborn and Borderlands 3 are around the corner. But this game was definitely worth the price.

KamenRiderEra

Oct 25, 2017
I never pay attention to achievements.... But there's only one missing for me.... This is how I liked this game, playing and doing everything without notice.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
I am also now stuck on Undying King. My group tried this probably 15+ times and still can't down him. He's rough.

Rizific

Oct 27, 2017
The orb you use for resetting traits, can I get more? Or are they only awarded after beating last boss?

SilentAnthem

Oct 27, 2017
Was playing the game with friends and we just quit (forever) after fighting Nightmare for over an hour.
This was the worst final boss I've fought since Clive Barker's Undying.
What's the point of having multiplayer if only one person can damage the boss at a time?
What's the point of having dozens of diverse weapons if the game's just gonna make up damage numbers (doing 500,000 damage isn't 'cool', it's stupid) and only one mod actually matters?

It sucks because I think the game overall is fun and really enjoyed the challenge previously, but this finale is absolutely terrible and makes me retroactively dislike the whole experience.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
After beating every boss and playing and enjoying the game greatly I will agree with the sentiment that the adds are just too much and cheapen the fights with uncreative difficulty. I love dark Souls and Monster Hunter and some of these bosses show flashes of that level of fun then you throw in a bunch of respawning mobs that come from all directions and completely screw up a fun fight. It's not that adds are bad it's just that these bossses rely on them far too much. It feels like damn near every fight. I just spent hours clearing these guys last thing I want to do is fight them again while taking on a new boss. I wish the fights were redesigned to not rely on this mechanic so much and any future ones are devoid of adds. I really enjoy this game, I'm nowhere near done playing it but just had to give some input.