• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

APerfectOrganism

Sky Van Gogh
Dec 23, 2018
Washington State
Man final boss nightmare stage is kicking my ass. No matter what I do. At this point I'm just helping others and leveling my traits and gear more. Didn't struggle like this the whole game. I also don't know how much I appreciate brand new mechanics right at the end.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
I am having so much fun with this game. So happy they discussed it on the Bombcast and drew my attention towards it.

Is there a maximum upgrade level on weapons and armor?

CerealKi11a

Chicken Chaser
May 3, 2018
the first world looks generic af, which is imo a poor design choice. the last world looks amazing with crystals everywhere, shame it's saved for the people who stick it out for so long. first level is easily the most blah though.

bandages and most all the status fixers only cost 50, i always keep a bunch around that deal with whatever is the common status in my current level and map it to the dpad. once u find the crazy mud bum in the first level (is he guaranteed? I don't think i saw him on my reroll?) you can buy potions for 500 scrap that give u +25% health for an hour of play, which are amazing in the early hours (500 is a fair amount of scrap but much less than you'll gain in the hour of using it)

I don't think he is. I spent another 30 mins looking for him and couldn't find him...

Yeah I agree. After I'm hooked, maybe give me the subway levels. I definitely don't want to explore these subterranean urban passageways.

gazoinks

Jul 9, 2019
Nothing is more shameful than getting summoned into someone else's world and immediately getting killed. I swear I'm not always bad at video games!

Tya

Oct 30, 2017
I hope these guys make money off the word of mouth such a fun game with tons of replayability. Would love for it to hit gamepass so more and more people could try it.

They've sold a ton of copies. Remnant has been a top seller on Steam since release and is still the top global seller on Steam as of this post.

I agree with you but sadly,word of my mouth is probably going the other way because of the difficulty of the game(read early Bosses and adds mechanic).

Nonsense.

Oct 25, 2017
Is the game worth it if I play it solo? None of my friends want to play it because it looks "boring" lol
I've been playing it solo and it's worked fine I found the co-op with randos kind of a crapshoot I assume because of how the scaling works so it's actually been more manageable playing it alone.
Whether it's "worth" it to play or not, eh, your mileage may vary.

sym30l1c

Oct 25, 2017
Is the game worth it if I play it solo? None of my friends want to play it because it looks "boring" lol

Finished one playthrough solo and had a blast. When you learn the game mechanics is not terribly challenging.
I think it's worth playing first solo, and, after that, joining others to have some co-op fun and also fight other bosses you might have not encountered during your playthrough.

drewfonse

Oct 28, 2017
Ok, so I'm old and unskilled, but hobby I can't bounce off this game fast enough, I'm late game, fully solo, and would like to get some help fighting a boss, but no matter how fucking Public I make my game, I haven't seen one person in 15 hrs. And I have no problems, ever, with connecting with randos in any other game.

I'm sure this will have legs for some, but not for me. Incredibly frustrating to not be able to utilize a major feature of this game: co op.

On to greener pastures.

Oct 27, 2017
You evil, evil game...so I'm in the area where the Monkey Key is supposed to be (if you get lucky enough for it to be in your campaign), clear the area of all enemies but don't see the key anywhere but decide to make another walk/run-through just in case I missed it...so I turn a corner and find a small room I must have missed and see that beautiful red vibrant glow, go pick it up...it's the Strange Freakin' Coin which I thought you could only get in the sewers, talk about being disappointed. I get the Strange Coin in every single reroll in the sewer area but not his time.

That said, this was my first Hard playthrough (solo)...Shroud down, Root Mother was a small issue until I realized it was just better to try and get aggro from the Elite brute and run out the timer rather than try to kill everything, and Gorefist down (I'm still undefeated against this guy...Me 20+ - Gorefist 0)...no problem. Still, fun to up the challenge a bit now.

The Gold Hawk

Jan 30, 2019
Yorkshire
So, how do the checkpoints work?

Are they just teleport points or are they actually supposed to save progress.

I'm in a subway, hit a checkpoint and the like 30 minutes later the game beefs it and CTDs. I load again and I have nothing at all from my play session post or prior hitting that checkpoint.

Do you need to teleport back straight away whenever you hit a checkpoint?

SonicXtreme

Oct 27, 2017
Ok, so I'm old and unskilled, but hobby I can't bounce off this game fast enough, I'm late game, fully solo, and would like to get some help fighting a boss, but no matter how fucking Public I make my game, I haven't seen one person in 15 hrs. And I have no problems, ever, with connecting with randos in any other game.

I'm sure this will have legs for some, but not for me. Incredibly frustrating to not be able to utilize a major feature of this game: co op.

On to greener pastures.
i know it's a workaround, but the remnant discord has people willing to help out with any boss pretty much at any time

ForgeForsaken

Oct 27, 2017
20 minutes into the future.
So, how do the checkpoints work?

Are they just teleport points or are they actually supposed to save progress.

I'm in a subway, hit a checkpoint and the like 30 minutes later the game beefs it and CTDs. I load again and I have nothing at all from my play session post or prior hitting that checkpoint.

Do you need to teleport back straight away whenever you hit a checkpoint?
its like the bonfires in a Souls game. There are two types, large and small, you can only fast travel to the big ones.

Oct 25, 2017
I've been playing it solo and it's worked fine I found the co-op with randos kind of a crapshoot I assume because of how the scaling works so it's actually been more manageable playing it alone.
Whether it's "worth" it to play or not, eh, your mileage may vary.
Some (me) might say it's more fun solo.
Finished one playthrough solo and had a blast. When you learn the game mechanics is not terribly challenging.
I think it's worth playing first solo, and, after that, joining others to have some co-op fun and also fight other bosses you might have not encountered during your playthrough.
Definitely worth it solo. The game is amazing and the challenge is well balanced for a solo playthrough.
As someone who soloed campaign 100% yes
Thanks, I just bought it

eddy

Oct 25, 2017
Have tried for two hours to beat Gorefist (skullcracker), my first boss. Got sort of close once.

Last edited:

tragic

Developer
Verified
Nov 28, 2018
Austin, TX
Adds spawning pretty much exclusively behind you make solo boss fights fucking infuriating.

They don't spawn exclusively behind you. They look for a minimum distance from you and then spawn. If you put your back to a wall (r close to it) they can't spawn behind you because there's no room for them to even spawn (their minimum distance would be outside the wall). It's relatively easy to just sit in one room and cover both doors while not allowing them to get behind you (which happens if they spawn above you at a distance and run down a staircase that's behind you which you aren't covering).

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
tragic do you know if you're gonna work on adding an option to make the face armor invisible?

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017

On to greener pastures.
I'm definitely seeing lesser coop joiners in my game since they rebalanced the coop feature. It's restricted to +/-3 levels now, so you're gonna have to get lucky to find someone in the same boat as you.

Castor

Oct 29, 2017
New York City
Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
I love playing this solo even more so than co-op. Probably have spent about an 80/20% ratio concerning solo/co-op play in about 80 hours of in-game time. I would recommend farming areas to upgrade armor/weapons and acquire trait points if the game is giving you trouble and/or joining other's games with the idea of acquiring loot while also getting traits/trait points at a much faster rate than playing solo. Once you acquire some decent armor/weapons and upgrade a bit then return to your solo campaign.

Anyone knows if the strange coin is always at the end of the first dungeon?
It's not as I found it in my second or third dungeon today in the area where the Monkey Key is supposed to be.

Speaking of the Strange Coin, I've literally found it in about 10-12 straight rerolls (maybe more) now. No luck on the aforementioned Monkey Key though.

Last edited:

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
Adds spawning pretty much exclusively behind you make solo boss fights fucking infuriating.

This happening only makes sense if you constantly have your back to the boss and are running away from them.

It feels like the right thing to do, but it's not. Keep your eyes on them and roll into/past them when they attack. You need to play aggressively or you will get swamped.

Nose Master

Oct 27, 2017
This happening only makes sense if you constantly have your back to the boss and are running away from them.

It feels like the right thing to do, but it's not. Keep your eyes on them and roll into/past them when they attack. You need to play aggressively or you will get swamped.

Nah, it happens regardless. If you go ham the adds still spawn behind you. The only option is running in circles in a small room kiting the boss around with your back to a wall.

pikachief

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Are the number of world bosses you fight per location random, or does everyone fight the same amount of bosses?

eddy

Oct 25, 2017
He was hardest boss for me no lie. Lack of room and explodey pink dudes

Yup. I'm not doing enough damage to reliably take him down 'close' enough that I feel good about it. I can dance maybe two to three minutes, but I think I'd need like four or five, so eventually I get cornered against some geometry trying to roll/reload/heal and get insta-blownup by spore-dudes. Doesn't help that my setup is long range weapons, with armour set that is for long range and has -8 to rot resistance, and I literally put all my levels except two into experience gain :-)

Eventually as a last-ditch thing I went back for the SMG and tried that for two runs, and I have no doubt if I level that up a bit I can do it "easy", but I was hoping not having to farm into specialty builds to beat the first boss.

EDIT: Upgraded SMG to +5 and he went down in a few tries. Such a big difference having a weapon meant for close range.

5MJ3fwf.jpg

Last edited:

SonicXtreme

Oct 27, 2017
i never understand modern games that make a design choice of putting zoom on a freaking button (stick click) when i have to squeeze an analog trigger to go into ADS anyway -_-

Oct 26, 2017
I dont get why this game has melee combat, so far it has always felt subpar compared to just safely shooting things from range.

I started as the close-range class and trying to hammer enemies just got me destroyed.

tragic

Developer
Verified
Nov 28, 2018
Austin, TX
tragic do you know if you're gonna work on adding an option to make the face armor invisible?

Highly requested!

I'm definitely seeing lesser coop joiners in my game since they rebalanced the coop feature. It's restricted to +/-3 levels now, so you're gonna have to get lucky to find someone in the same boat as you.

It's not limited to +/-3, it just scales it down to the host (to a maximum of +3 to them).

Constantly camping corners because of the shitty spawn system isnt the answer. This game is raw dog not fun to play solo because of this.

You don't need to camp corners, but if you stand out in the middle they have more areas they can spawn, which means you have to be more alert when they are coming for you. Being closer to a wall makes it much easier. You can also just stay in a smaller room that has 2 doors and cover them both without being in the corner.

As for solo play, I find the game super fun solo as do a lot of people. It's a different challenge than coop due to no revive and way less dps/utility.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
Seems to be there only for very high level characters.

Yeah, I've only seen a single melee build that seemed to do damage worth the added risk of actually going into melee and that required a very specific set of items + late-game traits to even work. It feels weird to have an entire class archetype only be useful for very few specific scenarios.