• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 11413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ok so I was fighting gore fist with another person, I died during the fight and they finished him off. I got no rewards or anything. Now in my own game, gore fist is still dead but I got nothing...is that normal?

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful Province of Quebec.
Just tried Gorefist about 10 times with 2 other randoms...not even close...what's the Zone rating in the bottom of the advanced stats screen...I see a green tip of an arrow (pointing up)for my defense and white diamond for Offense.

Guessing trait level 22 is not enough for Gorefist...?I don't think this game will be for me but I will keep trying a bit,there is too many things I dislike overall I think..like the slow animations for when you drink stuff...why make an animation that slows you down when you take the ammo refill...so annoying.

Oct 27, 2017
Just tried Gorefist about 10 times with 2 other randoms...not even close...what's the Zone rating in the bottom of the advanced stats screen...I see a green tip of an arrow (pointing up)for my defense and white diamond for Offense.

Guessing trait level 22 is not enough for Gorefist...?I don't think this game will be for me but I will keep trying a bit,there is too many things I dislike overall I think..like the slow animations for when you drink stuff...why make an animation that slows you down when you take the ammo refill...so annoying.

You can decrease the time to use consumables significantly though a Trait and with rings/necklaces (whatever their called).

Concerning Gorefist, I'm so confused as to why so many folks struggle with this encounter...hit him with everything you got during the initial start of the encounter, dodge his attack, put some distance between you and him...rinse and repeat. Put the potion to remove "Infected" on a hot key/button.

Last edited:

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Beat the Gaurdian today solo.Tried as a group and people just kept wiping and the extra HP made him even harder. I think it's good that a full group doesn't always make things a walk in the park. Confession time I loved dark Souls but have always been terrible at boss fight and got help for damn near all of them. Beating this boss really made me feel good. I learned his patterns, dodged, used skills and was successful after quite a few tries. These are things i tend to really struggle with but it was a nice moment of celebration today.

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
You can increase the time to use consumables significantly though a Trait and with rings/necklaces (whatever their called).

Concerning Gorefist, I'm so confused as to why so many folks struggle with this encounter...hit him with everything you got during the initial start of the encounter, dodge his attack, put some distance between you and him...rinse and repeat. Put the potion to remove "Infected" on a hot key/button.

Didn't you get a nonstop barrage of those exploding sack of shit that you dont see coming unless you have 8 eyes all over your face,they explode and take like half my healht,leave a cloud of rot in the air for like 10 seconds...you dont mention those,its the only reason this fight is hard,dodging Gorefist is easy...like I said my 2 starter guns at level 3 arent cutting it,I barely do damage and so where the other guys....mellee in this game is suicide because of the awful animation,you lunge forward too much when you swing,you go through the ennemy and have to turn around to swing again if it doesnt kill them in one shot...

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't you get a nonstop barrage of those exploding sack of shit that you dont see coming unless you have 8 eyes all over your face,they explode and take like half my healht,leave a cloud of rot in the air for like 10 seconds...you dont mention those,its the only reason this fight is hard,dodging Gorefist is easy...like I said my 2 starter guns at level 3 arent cutting it,I barely do damage and so where the other guys....mellee in this game is suicide because of the awful animation,you lunge forward too much when you swing,you go through the ennemy and have to turn around to swing again if it doesnt kill them in one shot...
I shoot them before they get to me and I did mention them as I said to put the potion on a hot key/button that get's rid of infected/root rot or whatever it's called. There are audio cues to when you need to roll/dodge/get the hell outta there if they flank/sneak up on you.

I think the big key here is to put distance between you and the boss which allows you more time to focus on the adds that blow up. Just offering some possible solutions as to what has worked for me. I've never died in this fight...solo or co-op, probably done it 15 times or so at this point. 70 hours of play.

In any case, you should be constantly moving/rolling during this encounter and don't try and melee to a point of it being a tactic of any sort during this fight (maybe later when you have a melee build or something but not the initial encounter).

Last edited:

gazoinks

Jul 9, 2019
Here are my Gorefist tips from a few pages back I wrote after beating him, if they help:
  • Gorefist hits hard, but his attacks are super easy to dodge. They have extremely obvious tells, and if you see them coming you can dodge right through them (dodge towards and past him, not away. He's got big range). When he becomes dangerous is when you let him out of your sight so you can't see his tells.
  • When the adds spawn, they make a very distinct high-pitched whining sound, kind of like a tea kettle boiling. When you hear that, keep an eye on Gorefist but start looking around at the entrances to the spot you're in. You don't want to completely lose Gorefist, because he'll smash your face in. Split your attention - keep an eye on him, but play defensively until the adds are dealt with.
  • I'm sure you could use whatever, but this was a hunting rifle fight for me. As soon as you hear them spawn, you can find the adds and shoot them from a distance before they become a problem.
  • When they get dangerously close, don't bother trying to shoot them. At that point it's too dangerous. Instead, dodge through or away from them as they explode. The dodge roll has very generous i-frames, and you can dodge past the explosions without getting hit.
  • Gorefist is aggressive but is also very on-and-off. Right after attacking he'll usually just kinda hang out before winding up for the next go. This is a great time to take out adds, heal, use items, reposition, reload, etc.
  • Use the arena geometry to your advantage. There are two areas I found helpful: the big open area to the right and forward from where you start, and the walkway on the second floor. The open area gives you lots of space to move around, check your flanks, get away from the boss, etc. The walkway makes it harder to get away from Gorefist (but remember, dodge through his attacks), but significantly reduces the places the adds can come from. I'd stay away from anywhere else, as anywhere with a lot of corners and doors is a place where you'll get jumped and obliterated.
  • Keep moving and try to stay mid distance to Gorefist. This was the ideal range for me. It let me see his attacks coming, check for adds easily, and dodge with no problem. Continually moving around the arena makes it way harder to get trapped and killed.
  • Cure infection when you can (right after he attacks), but I honestly didn't bother curing Bleeding until after the fight. It's not hugely debilitating, and I preferred healing through it and keeping up damage.
  • The only mod I used was the flame shot one from the Scrapper. It charges quickly and gives a nice damage boost that helps to take him out faster.
  • Remember you can reload while dodging, vaulting, running, etc. Makes it much easier to keep up damage if you start reloading before he attacks you and then finish as you dodge his attack, so you can spin around and unload into him.
  • Upgrade, upgrade, upgrade! By the time I got to the boss I had my rifle at +5 and some equipment at +5 without any grinding. The game showers you with low-level upgrade materials for a reason, and leveling things up can make a pretty big difference.

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
I shoot them before they get to me and I did mention them as I said to put the potion on a hot key/button that get's rid of infected or whatever it's called. There are audio cues to when you need to roll/dodge/get the hell outta there if they flank/sneak up on you.

I think the big key here is to put distance between you and the boss which allows you more time to focus on the adds that blow up. Just offering some possible solutions as to what has worked for me. I've never died in this fight...solo or co-op, probably done it 15 times or so at this point. 70 hours of play.

Yeah,I know about the potion for the rot/infected thing,but they move so fast charging you that if you miss killing one,like I said,its 1/3 of your health gone...you try and take the heart or blood potion and since you walk like an old man while drinking the dam thing,you usually get hit again by another one...I will grind a bit to make some scraps and buy 15 of the damn thing...we tried going upstairs to the right when going in but one of the randos didnt have a mic or headphones so he couldnt hear us and was dying quickly...thanks for the tips though and Gazoinks also :)

Deleted member 1635

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Aaaaand uninstalled. Fuck this game. The final boss is possibly one of the worst-designed encounters I've ever played.

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah,I know about the potion for the rot/infected thing,but they move so fast charging you that if you miss killing one,like I said,its 1/3 of your health gone...you try and take the heart or blood potion and since you walk like an old man while drinking the dam thing,you usually get hit again by another one...I will grind a bit to make some scraps and buy 15 of the damn thing...we tried going upstairs to the right when going in but one of the randos didnt have a mic or heaphone so he couldnt hear us and was dying quickly...thanks for the tips though and Gazoinks also :)
Whenever I fight him I can get far enough away or duck in and out of all the cover (there's a ton of it) in the play-space to have plenty of time to use potions/dragon hearts, that's one reason I say to always be on the move as you can actually hide from him if need be to use potions and get your health back if you can break his line of sight of you.

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
Aaaaand uninstalled. Fuck this game. The final boss is possibly one of the worst-designed encounters I've ever played.

I get it if the boss glitched out (which it can apparently do), but just look at a YouTube video or something.

It shouldn't be a hard fight. You can do it only getting teleported once.

John Harker

Knows things...
Oct 27, 2017
Santa Destroy
On Gorefist, your absolute best friend is the FIRE Mod. Especially on a pumped up shotgun. Load him up, run away. Let it do 100 damage over time as you pick off the mobs to recharge the mod. Light him up, run away. Rinse and repeat.

You can also get fancy and use the lure mod to distract the mobs, switch your other gun to take them out and recharge the fire mod, use fire mod on gorefist, run and drop the lure again, etc etc.

I died on him 15 times solo before I got smart and really learned to mod in harmony with my
Play style

Deleted member 1635

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I get it if the boss glitched out (which it can apparently do), but just look at a YouTube video or something.

It shouldn't be a hard fight. You can do it only getting teleported once.

Not me. I can't get more than 8 or 9 of the buff before getting completely overwhelmed with my build and that maybe let's me take down 3 ~ 5% of the bosses health before getting teleported again. Summoning allies does nothing, since you never get simultaneously teleported. Just makes the boss have even more health.

The boss really needs to have like 10% of its current health. Not joking. Oh well, I probably didn't get favored by the RNG to having the right weapon or whatever. Not for me.

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I locked up twice on Xbox with the new patch tonight. Once interacting with an object, once trying to look at quest items in my inventory.

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
Not me. I can't get more than 8 or 9 of the buff before getting completely overwhelmed with my build and that maybe let's me take down 3 ~ 5% of the bosses health before getting teleported again. Summoning allies does nothing, since you never get simultaneously teleported. Just makes the boss have even more health.

The boss really needs to have like 10% of its current health. Not joking. Oh well, I probably didn't get favored by the RNG to having the right weapon or whatever. Not for me.

Yeah, not having the right mods might make it pretty hard, you're right, sorry.

Breath of the Desert and Swarm mods make it super easy and I've had one of those every time I've fought it.

Rizific

Oct 27, 2017
im over 11 hours in and still have my "hunter" branded gear. im getting a little worried i missed a bunch of gear. do i use my mats and continue to upgrade them? they are currently all +5

masizzai

Nov 28, 2017
Just completed the game! What a ride. Tons of fun. Completed my world completely solo and went and did co op throughout in other people's worlds. Tons of fun and definitely can't wait to go through again and get what I've missed. Final boss wasn't too difficult once I got a strategy down for it. Well worth the 40 and love that they're already updating it with quality of life features. Can't wait to see what's next.

mogster7777

Oct 27, 2017
I'm on the fence about getting this. Is it fun in single player? I like the look of it. I enjoy Diablo type games but this looks like it plays more like Strange Brigade and that sucked?

masizzai

Nov 28, 2017
I'm on the fence about getting this. Is it fun in single player? I like the look of it. I enjoy Diablo type games but this looks like it plays more like Strange Brigade and that sucked?
I beat the whole game single player it was fun, but I did co op in other people's worlds from time to time. I've never played strange brigade but the gameplay in this is tight. It's difficult without being insane. It has some dark souls mechanics, bonfire system, iframe rolls, similar loot upgrade system.

mogster7777

Oct 27, 2017
I beat the whole game single player it was fun, but I did co op in other people's worlds from time to time. I've never played strange brigade but the gameplay in this is tight. It's difficult without being insane. It has some dark souls mechanics, bonfire system, iframe rolls, similar loot upgrade system.
Nice I love Dark a Souls. Is there lots of loot? Like do you at least benefit from something from each run? Be it stats, loot or something else? Also I don't mind repeating areas for better stuff.

Is there lots of planned content and updates for the Ps4 version? Does it only run at 30fps on pro?

Seneset

Oct 27, 2017
Limbus Patrum
Nice I love Dark a Souls. Is there lots of loot? Like do you at least benefit from something from each run? Be it stats, loot or something else? Also I don't mind repeating areas for better stuff.

Is there lots of planned content and updates for the Ps4 version? Does it only run at 30fps on pro?
If you're looking for loot drops like Diablo or Borderlands, then no. There is a healthy array of weapons, but generally speaking you'll be upgrading weapons instead of looking through 20 gun drops to see which you want.

mogster7777

Oct 27, 2017
If you're looking for loot drops like Diablo or Borderlands, then no. There is a healthy array of weapons, but generally speaking you'll be upgrading weapons instead of looking through 20 gun drops to see which you want.
I don't mind upgrading as long as it's deep and the game doesn't just give you a few weapons to select from with no customisations.

MochaD124

Oct 25, 2017
So how does shop for Ace work? Does she fill up over time as you play? I went to her after an hour in a level and she had like 35 iron to buy.

Loving the game so far. Its incredibly satisfying when you manage to take down a swarm of adds, especially when a summoner keeps messing with you just out of range. Just got past the point where an npc who can upgrade your heart joins the Ward.

Castor

Oct 29, 2017
New York City
Dev Notes said:
DEVELOPER COMMENT : Like the Crossbow, the Devastator had major issues with the projectile reticle so we changed it to use a normal static reticle. There are many adjustments planning (we see you BANDIT ARMOR USERS)... but for now, this should feel much better.
Damn just call me out by name why don't you. Really liking this patch cause of the mod and matchmaking changes. Feel bad for all the dev time gone with the Crossbow and Devastator aiming mechanic being changed though.

Last edited:

Dalik

Nov 1, 2017
Loving this game, really fun gameplay.
The italian localization is hilariously bad though, "fuse" is translated to "fondi" which means to fuse, while it should be "fusibile". Another one is "aperto" for "open", when you interact with a chest, which is the opposite of the other mistaking the verb for the noun, aperto means opened, it should be "apri".

There are a lot more other mistranslated stuff if you want to know.

masizzai

Nov 28, 2017
I don't mind upgrading as long as it's deep and the game doesn't just give you a few weapons to select from with no customisations.
It's very similar to bloodborne in that there's a decent amount of weapons. In this game there's a primary secondary and melee. All with different strengths and weaknesses. Boss weapons have specific mods. Normal weapons can use the various mods you find as loot. Like adding a grenade launcher or being able to drop a turret. Armor sets have strengths and weaknesses to different elements and have a perk that's get stronger depending on how many of that armor set you're wearing. There's 3 armor slots head, chest, and pants. You won't find everything on your first playthrough so it's great incentive to play again and again.

Honome

Jan 10, 2018
Rio de Janeiro
Any tips on how to win the damn Butterfly Bosses on the bridge at the Swamp???? I tried for more than an hour yesterday and only managed to kill one of them 3 or 4 times.

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
PS4 controls feel off since I installed the patch.

Game started crashing all the time too...

Edit: Restarted the system and it all seems fine now. Weird...

Last edited:

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
Finally killed Gore Fist. I just jumped on their Discord channel and pulled and dude in and we tore him up.

Even after the new patch, I still have yet to have a single person join my game and I'm 4 hours into it. So what I'm doing now is just joining other people's games or accepting requests from Discord users who need help. I'm using all of the stuff I've gathered in those games to upgrade my character in single player to make it a bit easier to do solo. So basically I'm using open co-op games to grind. That seems like a better way to approach this game to me.

Oct 27, 2017
Any tips on how to win the damn Butterfly Bosses on the bridge at the Swamp???? I tried for more than an hour yesterday and only managed to kill one of them 3 or 4 times.
I can't give a lot of tips for this one as it gave me a bit of trouble but I did manage to get the alt kill last night and get the Guardian Axe from killing them both within an allotted time. Try to stay at the ends of the bridge as much as possible during the fight is the best advice I can give and (obviously) put the corroded consumable (leaf) on a hot key/button.

Last edited:

Mejilan

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone want to help get the alt kill on Ixillis?

If you haven't already and are on PS4, I'd love to give it a whirl.
I've got the fight down (more or less) but my only attempt at an alt kill was off by around 3 or 4 seconds, and that was enough to miss out on it, apparently.
Only a normal kill so far.

Best three pieces of advice I have for you:
1) When they summon the blue seeking balls, know that they have 1 HP each. So if you have something like an SMG or other high rate-of-fire gun, you can nuke them before they swarm you. Otherwise, use the Rattleweed weapon mod to launch a decoy away from your position on the bridge and just watch them all collide against it instead of you or any companions you may have in your game.

2) The second one will generally target the opposite side of the bridge than where the first is targetting, so if you see it start doing it's beam attack, know that it'll take three (maybe four) attacks before it gets to your end of the bridge. And it'll do them in a fixed sequence from one opposing side of the bridge to the next. With that predictability in mind (and just a tad of spatial awareness), you should be able to duck between two sets of beams and never worry about them until the next set.

3) The second bug will spawn when you do 25% (or more) damage on the first, knocking off a full chunk. Once you get the first down by about 20%-24%, look on the ceiling on the opposite side of the bridge (the side where bug #2 will spawn), and you'll see a crystal-ish-looking cocoon. Shoot it down and you'll spawn the boss "early" with a full 25% of its bar (a full chunk) missing. If you do it right, you'll have both bosses in the area at around 75% of their total health, instead of one at 75%, and one at 100%. It'll ultimately make the fight shorter, and probably make it easier to go for the alt kill where you have to RAPIDLY take both down in succession in order to prevent the surviving bug from hitting its third (enraged) phase.

Last edited:

komaruR

Oct 28, 2017
http://www.twitch.tv/komarur
so im on ixillis with friends on nightmare coop.
there's times when my friend entered the fog barrier to fight the boss, the boss would do a swipe that kills me when i havent enter yet.
eitherway, we all still prog'ing on it. just need to stay alive on the 2nd phase of the fight and we should be good. hopefully beat it tonight.

Honome

Jan 10, 2018
Rio de Janeiro
3) The second bug will spawn when you do 25% (or more) damage on the first, knocking off a full chunk. Once you get the first down by about 20%-24%, look on the ceiling on the opposite side of the bridge (the side where bug #2 will spawn), and you'll see a crystal-ish-looking cocoon. Shoot it down and you'll spawn the boss "early" with a full 25% of its bar (a full chunk) missing. If you do it right, you'll have both bosses in the area at around 75% of their total health, instead of one at 75%, and one at 100%. It'll ultimately make the fight shorter, and probably make it easier to go for the alt kill where you have to RAPIDLY take both down in succession in order to prevent the surviving bug from hitting its third (enraged) phase.

This one is a great tip! Gonna try it later today. The sparks are not a problem because i use the Rattleweed, the problem is really when there's only one left, he does everything too fast and i can't do things to counter fast enough. I also am rethinking my strategy that i have to leave one of them with a very low life before killing the other, that would make my life easier when there's only one of them. Gonna try the cocoon tip tonight.

BTW, i would love to play with you sometime, but it seems you're always playing Destiny 2! hehehe :P

Mejilan

Oct 27, 2017
This one is a great tip! Gonna try it later today. The sparks are not a problem because i use the Rattleweed, the problem is really when there's only one left, he does everything too fast and i can't do things to counter fast enough. I also am rethinking my strategy that i have to leave one of them with a very low life before killing the other, that would make my life easier when there's only one of them. Gonna try the cocoon tip tonight.

BTW, i would love to play with you sometime, but it seems you're always playing Destiny 2! hehehe :P

Sorry, just rushing to get Destiny 2 end-of-season, end-of-year stuff done. But unless I'm in a raid with 5 others, ping me, and I'll happily switch games!
I'm getting very close to being "done" with Destiny until the new expansion/year lands.

I did take a few days off Remnant to work at a very specific Destiny goal (and Control has since arrived which has further divided my time, and Astral Chain arrives today, FML). But I'm dying to get back into Remnant.

If you see me on and want to engage in some jolly co-op, please feel free to ping me!

And yes, the alt kill will completely skip the enrage phase of the remaining bug. Personally, I think the normal kill weapon is better, but I want both and still need that alt kill!

Torpedo Vegas

Oct 27, 2017
Parts Unknown.
Really liking Scourge's mod. I put it on my shotgun so it charges pretty fast. It fires 7 homing projectiles and loads up multiple uses. It's really helpful clearing out the elite enemies. I let 3 or 4 shots from it go and it usually wipes them out.

Honome

Jan 10, 2018
Rio de Janeiro
Sorry, just rushing to get Destiny 2 end-of-season, end-of-year stuff done. But unless I'm in a raid with 5 others, ping me, and I'll happily switch games!
I'm getting very close to being "done" with Destiny until the new expansion/year lands.

I did take a few days off Remnant to work at a very specific Destiny goal (and Control has since arrived which has further divided my time, and Astral Chain arrives today, FML). But I'm dying to get back into Remnant.

If you see me on and want to engage in some jolly co-op, please feel free to ping me!

And yes, the alt kill will completely skip the enrage phase of the remaining bug. Personally, I think the normal kill weapon is better, but I want both and still need that alt kill!

Finally beat the bastards! Used your cocoon tip and manage to kill them on only 3 tries. Gave the heart to the Queen and got a cool armor... Now will go back to the King that will probably want to kill me for not giving him the heart. :D

Mejilan

Oct 27, 2017
Finally beat the bastards! Used your cocoon tip and manage to kill them on only 3 tries. Gave the heart to the Queen and got a cool armor... Now will go back to the King that will probably want to kill me for not giving him the heart. :D

Worth it. Get the armor set, a very special gun, and a unique trait. Enjoy!

Oct 27, 2017
So I start the game to find my 420 trait rank character standing there at the character select screen with starter gear on. I think my progress is gone.

I get it, AA game, etc but if this is the case after 70+ hours of play and collecting nearly everything, well, I think I'm done.

Mejilan

Oct 27, 2017
So I start the game to find my 420 trait rank character standing there at the character select screen with starter gear on. I think my progress is gone.

I get it, AA game, etc but if this is the case after 70+ hours of play and collecting nearly everything, well, I think I'm done.

Did you load it up to confirm if it was just a visual glitch?
I've had my save get "corrupted" by a hard crash, only to have it restore from a (hidden) backup.
Until I loaded it up, it showed starter gear, armor, etc. Went back to normal upon load.
Turns out the backup save was from moments before the crash, so I didn't actually lose anything (maybe some Scrap, at most).
This was on PS4 during that one awful NIGHT OF NON-STOP CRASHES.