• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mejilan

Oct 27, 2017
Is the last boss still bugged? I've been going at it for 2 hours and not once I've seen it open its chest...I'm pretty sure I'm doing the right thing. I was able to get its health down to maybe 70% but it cost me a few ammo boxes and took quite a long time. There must be something wrong with it...

I don't think they've acknowledged the bug that's been discussed across various forums and websites about the chest never opening.
However, they are currently overhauling that boss' mechanics and the new fight should roll out in the next patch (though I don't think they ever specified an ETA).
My understanding is that, currently, the DPS window (after you return with DPS buff stacks from the nether realm) is a random number of seconds between 15 - 30, and that for the chest to open, at least 10% of the boss' health must be done in that 15-30 second window.

From what was mentioned by one of the devs in this thread, they're going double the boss' health pool, lock the DPS window to around 30 seconds, and reduce the damage you need to inflict to open the chest to 3.5% (which at double health, translates to 7%, still lower than the current 10%). The idea behind this new version of the boss is that the stagger will happen way more consistently, and stupid-high (and stupid-fun) damage numbers should be happening after pretty much every nether realm sequence (as long as you exit the portal with a good number of damage buff stacks). They're aiming for a much more consistent fight with a lot less RNG; right now the worst of which is that the DPS window can swing wildly from 15 to 30 seconds.

Presumably, if there is indeed a glitch that prevents the chest from opening, it'll be discovered and fixed during this overhaul.

Last edited:

Castor

Oct 29, 2017
New York City
Just checking but Trait Rank doesn't increase if you don't use the points yeah? I don't want to get too far ahead of where my friends are but still want to play pub games. Does weapon upgrade level also factor into who you matchmake with?

Mejilan

Oct 27, 2017
Just checking but Trait Rank doesn't increase if you don't use the points yeah? I don't want to get too far ahead of where my friends are but still want to play pub games. Does weapon upgrade level also factor into who you matchmake with?

I don't think anyone really knows what goes into the MM just yet. I did get from tragic that Trait Level is not (yet) a factor, however.
I do think that mobs generally scale according to your highest weapon level, so make sure you upgrade your preferred armors to a similar level, or higher.

Deleted member 1635

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lol at that The Reanimator boss fight. Impossible until you equip the reanimator mod on a submachine gun or otherwise fast charging weapon. Suddenly trivial after doing so.

I really do like this game a lot because the combat is very satisfying, but man if they didn't screw up a whole lot. I know Tragic said they balanced the game around solo play first, but I really find that hard to believe.

r3n4ud

Oct 25, 2017
Quebec
Love the game but fuck sakes is it buggy. I beat the boss and got the key to open the black gate, but the gate is nowhere to be found. I'm in the area where it's suppose to be, but there's nothing there.

Guess I have to reroll 😩

sym30l1c

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think they've acknowledged the bug that's been discussed across various forums and websites about the chest never opening.
However, they are currently overhauling that boss' mechanics and the new fight should roll out in the next patch (though I don't think they ever specified an ETA).
My understanding is that, currently, the DPS window (after you return with DPS buff stacks from the nether realm) is a random number of seconds between 15 - 30, and that for the chest to open, at least 10% of the boss' health must be done in that 15-30 second window.

From what was mentioned by one of the devs in this thread, they're going double the boss' health pool, lock the DPS window to around 30 seconds, and reduce the damage you need to inflict to open the chest to 3.5% (which at double health, translates to 7%, still lower than the current 10%). The idea behind this new version of the boss is that the stagger will happen way more consistently, and stupid-high (and stupid-fun) damage numbers should be happening after pretty much every nether realm sequence (as long as you exit the portal with a good number of damage buff stacks). They're aiming for a much more consistent fight with a lot less RNG; right now the worst of which is that the DPS window can swing wildly from 15 to 30 seconds.

Presumably, if there is indeed a glitch that prevents the chest from opening, it'll be discovered and fixed during this overhaul.

Well, I restarted the game and eventually I was able to do it. Hopefully they make it more consistent.

Mejilan

Oct 27, 2017
Love the game but fuck sakes is it buggy. I beat the boss and got the key to open the black gate, but the gate is nowhere to be found. I'm in the area where it's suppose to be, but there's nothing there.

Guess I have to reroll 😩

I'd probably take another stroll around Rhom. I find it very hard to believe that a critical path location would be subject to RNG.
Do you have a (large crystal) checkpoint near the pressure plate puzzle that leads to the Void Armor set crafting station?
IIRC, I've always seen the Black Sun Gate right around the corner from there.

r3n4ud

Oct 25, 2017
Quebec
I'd probably take another stroll around Rhom. I find it very hard to believe that a critical path location would be subject to RNG.
Do you have a (large crystal) checkpoint near the pressure plate puzzle that leads to the Void Armor set crafting station?
IIRC, I've always seen the Black Sun Gate right around the corner from there.
Yep, I have the large crystal. I went around the corner and nothing is there :(

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Well Classic WoW is out tonight, so Remnants will not get touched for a while. I finished it on normal and got about 3/4 through hard so definitely got my monies worth. I'm hoping by the time I return the game will have seen some major QoL and content patches.

AlternateAir

Oct 27, 2017
OK, so at the threads suggestion, I checked out the co-op stuff. Just joined some random Public groups, and WOW. What a change of pace. I'm not sure if the game is built this way, but I was matched up with players at a similar spot in the campaign and it was wild seeing the same events but in different-ish worlds. Like everything was similar but also entirely different. Got a _ton_ of materials and a few new items I hadn't come across in my own world.

Think this is finally starting to click with me. Grouping up with randoms got me SOOOOOO much XP that I've already maxed out my Elder Knowledge trait and I'm now working on the other important ones. Really having a great time with the game now. Even if I died a whole bunch of times to some Hive boss who was crazy with the adds.

thetrin

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA
Man the swamp is unrelenting, so easy to get overwhelmed there.
It's totally insane. I was playing last night in the swamp, and my buddy and I ended up getting swarmed by five fucking elites.

What's weird is that the world right after that is not nearly as crazy, at least in the early parts.

I do need to take another trip through the swamp, because I'm SURE I missed some puzzles and boss encounters. In comparison to Rhom, where we scoured every inch of that place.

I'll make a video now

edit:

Do you have the merchant with the dog in your seed? In a few games, the black sun gate is located near that merchant.

Last edited:

Reaper55

Oct 25, 2017
I'll make a video now

edit:

Mine was northwest of Wud (merchant with dog). He was in the zone previous to this in the video.

I really enjoyed Raze and the Harrow battles. I was getting in a rhythm and expecting boss encounters to be one way and this game keeps surprising. We also did the Citadels Curse section and it was intense and stressful. Feeling was reminiscent of Warhammer Vermintide, we had to keep moving and making sure we kept killing to regain health. Did some fun things with items too (menders charm and healing aoe) to make sure the squad kept each other alive.

Last edited:

r3n4ud

Oct 25, 2017
Quebec
Mine was northwest of Wud (merchant with dog). He was in the zone previous to this in the video.

I really enjoyed Raze and the Harrow battles. I was getting in a rhythm and expecting boss encounters to be one way and this game keeps surprising. We also did the Citadels Curse section and it was intense and stressful. Feeling was reminiscent of Warhammer Vermintide, we had to keep moving and making sure we kept killing to regain health. Did some fun things with items too (menders charm and healing aoe) to make sure the squad kept each other alive.

Do you have the merchant with the dog in your seed? In a few games, the black sun gate is located near that merchant.
I have the merchant with the dog, in a dungeon. I searched outside this dungeon and found nothing

Could be on the first map of Rhom? It has been for me the 2 times I generated it.
Ah man, I've looked everywhere in Rhom for hours and nothing

Thanks for the help guys, appreciate it. I really don't want to reroll now, but it's not looking good

komaruR

Oct 28, 2017
http://www.twitch.tv/komarur
Got the Church and were able to complete it on the first try. 2 of us were down cheering for the third guy to make it. Countdown and health depleting were a photo finish, it was a fun encounter behind a fog door that we were not expecting. I am more optimistic that there is a variety in encounters.

We also killed Gorefist (Vicious) and it took about 7 tries. We all equipped hunter's vision and divided the roles. 1 person stayed downstairs and kills as many exploding adds and try to prevent them from reaching the stairs. Typically there are 3 exploders but the spawn can sometimes be 4. The other two fought Gorefist upstairs staying vigilant when an exploder makes it through the defenses. We also cycled hunters vision to make sure it was always running.

Some of the Weapon Mods we are getting are just not useful. Wish you can upgrade their effectiveness or something. From shroud we got Rattle Weed that puts down a decoy. Takes too long to launch and disappears too quickly. Also got a 50% damage reduction from Gorefist. The squads melee class spent 17 trait points for melee and regrets it - maybe on an easier difficulty it is more feasible. I am thinking the mod could be useful as a defensive tool - or if there is a mod in the melee weapon.
shrouds weapon mod is basically our holy grail to the blindrun nighmare mode on coop. so much freaking adds, if it wasnt that mod we get in our first boss encounter, i dunno how we can kill the mangler without adds poping constantly. you just cant kill them fast enough

gazoinks

Jul 9, 2019
Yeah, I haven't really found a use for the Gorefist mod since it feels like I shouldn't be in melee enough for it to be used, but it seems like the kind of thing that'll end up being a lifesaver against a specific boss or area.

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I got the game yesterday on Xbox and I am quite enjoying it. I am now at the second boss. I see my game to public, but so far I have not encountered any other people. Do I need to do something in game?

KingKong

Oct 27, 2017
the ring that gives you 25% more damage if there are 3+ enemies near you is great with a shotgun, I'm destroying the third world bosses just strafing around them and their adds

Charsace

Chicken Chaser
Nov 22, 2017
It's totally insane. I was playing last night in the swamp, and my buddy and I ended up getting swarmed by five fucking elites.

What's weird is that the world right after that is not nearly as crazy, at least in the early parts.

I do need to take another trip through the swamp, because I'm SURE I missed some puzzles and boss encounters. In comparison to Rhom, where we scoured every inch of that place.

The rifles you get on rhom wreck yaesha. Aggression and not being behind for the area matters a lot.

Last edited:

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
PCGamesN

"Gunfire Games' principal designer Ben 'verytragic' Cureton said the studio has plans for a "steady stream" of post-launch content. There are plans for new biomes, enhancements to existing biomes, plus new weapons and mechanics that will change up the base campaign."

"Gunfire says it'll "absolutely" be adding more weapons, armor sets, mods, traits, and just about everything else to the game as long as players remain interested."
-------------
Alright this has me excited. Ihave always wanted a game that plays like this but is built around co op and has continued Dev support. So happy the game is doing well. You guys have something special on your hands. Please keep building it for a long time cause this is the ARPG I've always wanted.

Oct 27, 2017
PCGamesN

"Gunfire Games' principal designer Ben 'verytragic' Cureton said the studio has plans for a "steady stream" of post-launch content. There are plans for new biomes, enhancements to existing biomes, plus new weapons and mechanics that will change up the base campaign."

"Gunfire says it'll "absolutely" be adding more weapons, armor sets, mods, traits, and just about everything else to the game as long as players remain interested."
-------------
Alright this has me excited. Ihave always wanted a game that plays like this but is built around co op and has continued Dev support. So happy the game is doing well. You guys have something special on your hands. Please keep building it for a long time cause this is the ARPG I've always wanted.
Yeah, that's great news.

Got the Swiftness Trait last night and can't wait to max it out as I need that extra mobility in this type of game. Also killed the Thief but haven't tried the weapon he drops. Got a few other drops from regular and secret bosses last night as well. Need to reroll and get the Ravenger boss encounter so I can get those Wolverine Claws and then I'll step up the difficulty.

Speaking of the Ravenger bell puzzle for the claws, is there a certain dialogue you have to choose with the Ravenger or if you complete the bell puzzle you get the claws no matter what you choose concerning the dialogue options?

gazoinks

Jul 9, 2019
PCGamesN

-------------
That's great. The game is already very good, but it's definitely also a really great base to expand and polish into something even better. I would dig a Dark Arisen-style paid DLC expansion at some point (I associate this game with Dragon's Dogma in my head).

R.T Straker

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit.

The 3 pillars ''boss fight'' might just win the cake for the worst boss fight that i've played in recent memory.

Like why? Why would you ever make something like this?

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
PCGamesN

-------------
New biomes has me excited the most. I assume a new enemy type(s) will be introduced as well.

Fonst

Nov 16, 2017
How do I acquire the fancy pre-order armor sets? I am on PS4 and did "buy" and DL them. Not sure what to do.

Was kind of annoyed that I didn't find any other armor until just before the end. Also see a ton of people with super cool weapons and mods, best thing I got was the Particle Accelerator. No laser beams, no turrets on the ground, no turrets.

I rerolled my campaign after beating it but the beginning is a big of a slog.

Yeah, that's great news.

Got the Swiftness Trait last night and can't wait to max it out as I need that extra mobility in this type of game. Also killed the Thief but haven't tried the weapon he drops. Got a few other drops from regular and secret bosses last night as well. Need to reroll and get the Ravenger boss encounter so I can get those Wolverine Claws and then I'll step up the difficulty.

Speaking of the Ravenger bell puzzle for the claws, is there a certain dialogue you have to choose with the Ravenger or if you complete the bell puzzle you get the claws no matter what you choose concerning the dialogue options?

I came across the Ravanger but all the pillars were in the way so I couldn't shoot the bells. Then he destroyed the middle bell and obviously then it can't be done.

How many puzzles are in this game? Guess I missed out cause the only real/obvious puzzles I came across was the bell puzzle.

Last edited:

Deleted member 56580

User requested account closure
Banned
May 8, 2019
Jf7RKVz.jpg

OdBR9B0.jpg

yLZyc3i.jpg

Tadam

Last boss's portal phase is straight up not fun at all in Nightmare, you cant even one shot adds even with song of swords up / hitting weak spots

Only way is to get lucky crit weak spot hits ... if you use swarm which is all good and dandy .. it actually messes with the positionning of the nightmare really badly when you can damage the dreamer

Like it does some random 180 when exposing the dreamer and you lose a ton of dps by having to run and stuff, pretty bad stuff all around

Grip

Oct 26, 2017
uhhh..... my save seems to have beenstraight up deleted. I tried a few attempts at the final boss and quit out of the game (I meant to quit to the menu) after my last try and when I booted the game back up my character was gone? Every time I reboot I get taken directly into the character creation and when I exit out of that there is nothing. I had 40 hours on that save and am going to be pissed if it's gone (which it seems like it is). I know some of the devs post in this thread and am wondering if this is an issue that has happened to anyone else and is there anyway I can recover my save? I really don't want to have to create a new character and start from scratch.

Mejilan

Oct 27, 2017
I found void armor aftre solving a puzzle in the sand area. What a cool little puzzle/extra

There are a handful of cool little puzzles like that in the game, actually.

uhhh..... my save seems to have beenstraight up deleted. I tried a few attempts at the final boss and quit out of the game (I meant to quit to the menu) after my last try and when I booted the game back up my character was gone? Every time I reboot I get taken directly into the character creation and when I exit out of that there is nothing. I had 40 hours on that save and am going to be pissed if it's gone (which it seems like it is). I know some of the devs post in this thread and am wondering if this is an issue that has happened to anyone else and is there anyway I can recover my save? I really don't want to have to create a new character and start from scratch.

First I heard of it. No PS+ cloud backups?

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
There are a handful of cool little puzzles like that in the game, actually.

First I heard of it. No PS+ cloud backups?
That's awesome, I'm excited to find more of these things. My buddies were annoyed when we started trying to figure out how it worked, but boy they were happy when we got it lol.

thetrin

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA
LOL, since me and my buddy
gave the heart to the undying king in our campaigns, we convinced a friend to give the heart to the swamp queen instead, and kill the undying king instead. Dude had the balls to agree, and I'm so glad we attempted it. The assault rifle with Undying on it is awesome, as is the armor you get for giving the heart to the swamp queen.

squall23

Oct 25, 2017
I finally figured out which game this game reminds me of. This game is essentially a much less badass version of Space Marine with the addition of a stamina bar. It's not a knock on the game, but that's what it makes me think of.

Fonst

Nov 16, 2017
Feel like my first campaign roll was pretty barren of stuff outside of the flute guy. Never came across a Queen of any type.

masizzai

Nov 28, 2017
Still having fun with this game. Got to the second area. I feel like the amount of enemies you deal with at once is getting higher as I go on. The gorefist fight was kind of annoying. Dragon not so bad. Is the first area the biggest, or do you just get better since the game is like 15hours or so.