• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mejilan

Oct 27, 2017
Definitely doing everything you've suggested. I think I'm just not cut out for this game.

As I said above I can't co-op, I don't have Plus and can't afford it right now.

You can still rest at checkpoints to restore enemies to your world and farm them for Trait levels, Scrap, and Iron. Also, explore the maps available to you thoroughly for easy caches of Iron, and don't ignore the breakables scattered all throughout for more easy Scrap and occasionally Iron. Leveling a few key Traits and getting a few more levels into your weapons and armors can make or break an encounter.

Finally, keep in mind that mobs more or less scale to your weapon level (I think I read), so try to keep your favorite armor set's armor levels close to your weapon levels. Or higher, for a bit more durability. Also, explore every nook and cranny for alternate map exits. Gorefist is on the critical path, so any alternate exit you find should lead you to an RNG dungeon or special event with unique rewards (weapons, traits, etc).

Finally, if you've tried the different strats and approaches to the Gorefist fight and still aren't having luck, try sticking to the one strat that feels best to you and just practice that. Flipping back and forth between different strats and tactics can ultimately be counterintuitive. I'd only recommend alternating strats just to kind of test the waters and find the one that's most comfortable to you, and then stick to practicing that one.

You can also attempt to re-roll your campaign and hope you get a biome with new (to you) weapons and rings/accessories. Though this will up the difficulty of the biome somewhat, scaled more or less to your average gear score +1, IIRC.

Last edited:

aerobinson

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 6, 2019
You can still rest at checkpoints to restore enemies to your world and farm them for Trait levels, Scrap, and Iron. Also, explore the maps available to you thoroughly for easy caches of Iron, and don't ignore the breakables scattered all throughout for more easy Scrap and occasionally Iron. Leveling a few key Traits and getting a few more levels into your weapons and armors can make or break an encounter.

Finally, keep in mind that mobs more or less scale to your weapon level (I think I read), so try to keep your favorite armor set's armor levels close to your weapon levels. Or higher, for a bit more durability. Also, explore every nook and cranny for alternate map exits. Gorefist is on the critical path, so any alternate exit you find should lead you to an RNG dungeon or special event with unique rewards (weapons, traits, etc).

Finally, if you've tried the different strats and approaches to the Gorefist fight and still aren't having luck, try sticking to the one strat that feels best to you and just practice that. Flipping back and forth between different strats and tactics can ultimately be counterintuitive.

You can also attempt to re-roll your campaign and hope you get a biome with new (to you) weapons and rings/accessories. Though this will up the difficulty of the biome somewhat, scaled more or less to your average gear score +1, IIRC.
I think I'm just gonna have to put this down. I don't get a lot of time to play games these days so grinding just isn't in the cards. It sucks, I don't like flushing $40 down the drain, but giving myself a migraine over a video game is nuts. Not worth the frustration.

Mejilan

Oct 27, 2017
Just a friendly reminder (for those of you new to the thread or unfamiliar with Threadmarks, that we have a Google Sheet set up PS4, XBO, and PC users.
Please feel free to add your details to the relevant tab, and send out friend requests to folks that have already added in their info.

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

Mejilan

Oct 27, 2017
I think I'm just gonna have to put this down. I don't get a lot of time to play games these days so grinding just isn't in the cards. It sucks, I don't like flushing $40 down the drain, but giving myself a migraine over a video game is nuts. Not worth the frustration.

That's fair. It's not for everyone. It's a shame you're not getting your money's worth out of it.
(Also forgot to mention that re-rolling your campaign, or just starting over, could result in a different first boss. I feel like the Shroud is easier than Gorefist most of the time. Again, depends on the boss' modifier).

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Beam rifle is too good in conjunction with rattleweed. It charges so fast with my current build, that I can put one up immediately after one goes down. It's made bosses incredibly easy.

Deleted member 1635

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Beam rifle is too good in conjunction with rattleweed. It charges so fast with my current build, that I can put one up immediately after one goes down. It's made bosses incredibly easy.

Damn it... Just looked it up and apparently my seed didn't get that weapon either.

I really don't see what the RNG seeds bring to this game but frustration in the name of replayability.

Mejilan

Oct 27, 2017
Sent you a friend request, Honome.

Still looking for my own Beam Rifle. Teeny bit jealous every time I see folks using one. Did finally get the Particle Accelerator last night, at least.

Deleted member 1635

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How does joining public games work? Is there any way to select a specific area/world at least or is it completely random?

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
Damn it... Just looked it up and apparently my seed didn't get that weapon either.

I really don't see what the RNG seeds bring to this game but frustration in the name of replayability.

Changes builds up on the fly I guess. If you don't look up what you're missing you will probably be better off, hah: a run through will still give you a variety of tools.

AlternateAir

Oct 27, 2017
There are a couple of stand-out (IMO) fights that are very well designed and aren't total add-fests, but adds are a major component of the game's boss battles and the devs have made it clear that this isn't really going to change. They know the game isn't for everyone. And I know that doesn't really help you at all. Just stating it in case you haven't been following the devs' comments both in this thread and on Reddit.

Thanks for the info. Totally respect the design choice, and I understand how some people really can enjoy the juggling aspect of having adds being a major part of the boss battles, but for me - they are mechanically uninteresting, especially when repeatedly used. I wouldn't dream of asking the devs to make a change, more just was curious if this was the general style. Not a deal breaker, just not my cup of tea. Definitely helps knowing this info going forward though.

Traits are the primary driver for leveling up your character, other than crafting upgrades to your weapons and armors, of course. Traits top out at 20, and going by the trophy list, there are at least 30 of them, so that's a total of at least 600 level ups. Under Ward-13, very early into the game, you can find a Trait called (I think) Elder Knowledge that I beelined to 20. It grants a fairly significant boost to your XP gains and REALLY starts making a difference pretty quickly. There's also a ring (Sagestone, I think) that grants another 15% boost to your XP gains. The ring, like most loot, is RNG, though. Some traits are obviously more powerful than others. But get that Elder Knowledge trait ASAP (as I said, it's available to everyone essentially from the beginning of the game, regardless of your campaign roll. So is the SMG, a pretty handy weapon to have in certain situations. Both are found more or less together).
I had somehow completely forgot that there were more levels under Ward 13. I'll have to go back and check that out to get that trait. Like I said, I think it's neat to tie Traits to progression and bosses and such - but having the leveling be so slow (at least solo and without these XP boosts) - made it seem like a chore to invest in anything else beyond your core skills. I actually managed to RNG into getting the Sagestone ring, so I am good there. And I do also scour the maps for those tomes and pick ups so hopefully with this Elder Knowledge skill I'll feel a little less restricted by leveling. Also good to know that the cap for traits is 20.

The game's primarily a third-person shooter, so melee does feel like a bit of an afterthought. Shotties are great, but I really only use melee to finish off very weak and nearby enemies to save on ammo. I don't actually go toe-to-toe against enemies, trading melee blows. That's a recipe for disaster. That said, I feel like the choice of starting class you make at the beginning of the game doesn't make much of a difference in the long-run. The starting vendors will sell you the weapons and armors of whatever classes you didn't get (and they aren't too expensive). And the Traits the other classes start with I believe are scattered throughout Earth in various dungeons. Though they may be dungeons your world doesn't roll with.
If there is a criticism I'd lodge about the design of the game - it's related to this starting class stuff. The opening tutorial is all sword based, and then when you pick your "class" there is the long rang sniper, the all arounder/healer, and the big ol tank. It seems like the Tank would be a viable way to play up front given the information you have at your disposal. I did notice all the starting gear and mods are available - but like I said - to me I'd already sunk so much into the tank class that it seemed a waste. I'll have to hit up co-op to give it a shot, and to help grind out some of that starter gear I guess.

Thanks a ton for all the info and tips. I really want to like this game more, and I can see how it could be super interesting to play though, it just hadn't clicked for me. Which is why I came to post here to see if there was any feedback on my thoughts, but I never expected to get such a thorough breakdown. Much appreciated.

KingKong

Oct 27, 2017
are you supposed to find weapons and armor in the game world? I'm post-Earth and besides the boss weapons and mods I've found like one piece of armor and a sniper rifle. I can buy the other starting classes armor and weapons from the hub guy but I assumed like Souls theyre hidden somewhere in the world

e: I have found like 5 rings though

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
In the next patch (I don't think we have an ETA), Dreamer/Nightmare is getting heavily tweaked. The devs have explained further up (and/or on the last page) exactly what changes are being made. But the tldr is that while Nightmare's health is being doubled, the current window to stagger the boss and open up his chest (which ranges from 15 to 30 seconds with no obvious tell) is being fixed at either 30 or 32 seconds (not sure). Also, you currently NEED to do 10% of the boss' overall health to perform that stagger (which is extremely difficult if you get unlucky enough to be closer to the 15 second window than the 30 second window) is being changed to 3.5% (which at double health, comes out to 7%, less than the 10% currently required). So basically, we'll have at least half a minute to stagger him and we'll need to do less damage overall to proc the stagger. Currently, there's too much RNG in proccing the stagger, so this is being remedied in the next patch. He'll have more health overall, but you'll be able to see stupid high damage numbers way more often (and way more easily) as soon as the new patch rolls out.
It was bugged.

Cool about those changes, I guess. But they don't really apply to the situation we had.

Deleted member 56580

Banned
May 8, 2019
Again... we knew this. We did nothing different that would suddenly make it start working when it didn't work for an entire hour previous.

Weapons used were at +15. Trait levels over 120. Tried snipers, SMGs, the AR, particle rifle, even shotguns, etc. Used the damage buff mod Song of Swords. Used frenzy dust. Had stacks at 10+ for many attempts.

Neither my friend nor I had it pop open for us even once.

Restart, tried again. Suddenly it's revealing its weak spot to us, BOTH of us, every single time without any other changes, and with fewer stacks than we were attempting at prior. You would think that if it was just a matter of not doing enough damage, that it would have popped at LEAST once in the near hour of attempts between two people. Not to mention that the attempt in which it finally started showing its weak spot to us is the attempt where we beat it is also pretty telling that we knew what we were doing.

Not to mention others have reported the same:

Well then ~

MrS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Beat the campaign twice on normal solo now. Was able to get some of the trophies that glitched out on my first run. Gonna put it down for a while I think. Great game, well done devs! Will be back for the DLC.

kalavaras

Oct 28, 2017
Finished our first playthrough in 3 man coop 3 times, once in every players own game. A lot of same bosses so theres probably quite a few we didn't get to see. Some events and npc's were different so we probably covered majority of those. Will probably do a quick sniffing in my own game to check if some maps still had something hidden in them before rerolling a new world.

I enjoyed the bosses a lot, except
the 3 pillars in the forest area, I don't know if they're overtuned for 3 man but damn what an annoying fight.
Some fights left me thinking they behave very differently solo vs. coop but it was a ton of fun. Can't wait for future DLC.

Tya

Oct 30, 2017
Yep, the sacks. They basically teleport in, usually in large packs, so no matter which direction I roll I end up hit by at least one. Then usually Gorefist catches up to me and swipes me, boom, dead. Using the environment does jack shit to slow him down. The sacks come out of nowhere (I'm not getting a sound cue?) so avoiding them is next to impossible.

I have the Drifter gear set, and I have all the starting long guns, the repeater pistol, and the submachine gun. I have the shotgun upgraded the most. I have zero scrap--blew what little I had left buying bandages to stop Gorefist's bleeding effect from his sword.

Oh, and he has the Regenerator mod but that's not really an issue (for me).

The exploders make a high pitched sound. If you aren't hearing it, there is a major issue with your setup because it should be obvious.

What level is your shotgun? I'd say the hunting rifle is the vastly superior weapon. It should only take a few level ups of the rifle to one shot the exploders from a much longer range than the shotgun, which makes the fight much easier to deal with.

Mejilan

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for the info. Totally respect the design choice, and I understand how some people really can enjoy the juggling aspect of having adds being a major part of the boss battles, but for me - they are mechanically uninteresting, especially when repeatedly used. I wouldn't dream of asking the devs to make a change, more just was curious if this was the general style. Not a deal breaker, just not my cup of tea. Definitely helps knowing this info going forward though.

For what it's worth, I generally find that two-player co-op is the sweet spot for most add-filled boss fights (especially if both are communicating with mics). Generally, one can focus on the boss, and the other on crowd control. Health and number of adds just go up as more players are added, so a non-communicative, clueless team of three can have a REALLY rough time with some boss encounters. Obviously a team of three friends that know what they're doing and have been playing together for a while and have found their groove can completely stomp through just about anything.

I had somehow completely forgot that there were more levels under Ward 13. I'll have to go back and check that out to get that trait. Like I said, I think it's neat to tie Traits to progression and bosses and such - but having the leveling be so slow (at least solo and without these XP boosts) - made it seem like a chore to invest in anything else beyond your core skills. I actually managed to RNG into getting the Sagestone ring, so I am good there. And I do also scour the maps for those tomes and pick ups so hopefully with this Elder Knowledge skill I'll feel a little less restricted by leveling. Also good to know that the cap for traits is 20.

The SMG and Elder Knowledge Trait are so easy to get, and so easy to miss. I love it! lol
But yeah, starting class has little bearing in how you develop your character, IMO. It only affects the early hours, at best.
Once you've got a nice collection of weapons, armors, weapon mods, and traits, you can specialize your build in a variety of ways, and to suit your current needs.
Characters are surprisingly malleable. Don't sit on weapons and weapon mods without at least taking them for a whirl. Some have a surprising amount of utility in certain circumstances. Certain loadouts and builds and completely trivialize bosses that seem insurmountable at first blush.

If there is a criticism I'd lodge about the design of the game - it's related to this starting class stuff. The opening tutorial is all sword based, and then when you pick your "class" there is the long rang sniper, the all arounder/healer, and the big ol tank. It seems like the Tank would be a viable way to play up front given the information you have at your disposal. I did notice all the starting gear and mods are available - but like I said - to me I'd already sunk so much into the tank class that it seemed a waste. I'll have to hit up co-op to give it a shot, and to help grind out some of that starter gear I guess.

Yeah, that starting class choice seems kind of important in those early moments of the game. Especially if you're coming off a game like Destiny where the three classes are all super different. But it's really more like Dark Souls in that in just changes your starting gear a bit. Ultimately, you're not locked out of anything and you'll most likely be building an all-purpose style character with different loadouts to suit different situations. The game gives you a LOT of tools to play with, and ultimately none of those tools are truly exclusive to any one class.

Thanks a ton for all the info and tips. I really want to like this game more, and I can see how it could be super interesting to play though, it just hadn't clicked for me. Which is why I came to post here to see if there was any feedback on my thoughts, but I never expected to get such a thorough breakdown. Much appreciated.

Happy to help! I have my complaints, but I'm a pretty big fan of the game at the end of the day. I think it's a damn solid "AA" $40 effort, though it has plenty of room to grow (and more than a few glitches and crashes that need to be fixed. But the devs are on top of all of them, so it's just a matter of time).

Mejilan

Oct 27, 2017
It was bugged.

Cool about those changes, I guess. But they don't really apply to the situation we had.

Presumably, while they're completely retuning the health and DPS phase values of the fight, they'll also fix any issues that may cause the chest to not open. Sounds like the boss is getting a comprehensive overhaul and will be a much more consistent experience. We shall see!

Last edited:

Tya

Oct 30, 2017
Finally, is the melee based class just kind of screwed further into the game? I picked that role as most everything seems to rush you and it felt like having a good shotgun/hammer was a good way to lean into this. But now that I'm into the second world, it seems a lot less viable to play that close up game even though everything _still_ rushes you. More enemies leave behind AoE explosions after being killed and their attacks are quicker than the hammer animations play out - even with the stuns. I switched up to the beam rifle I just got and feel already like I'm managing the adds a lot better by just nuking them from afar - but since I've already dumped 10+ points into melee damage feels like I've gimped myself.

I'm not a fan of the hammer class of weapons. They are slow, and you often swing through enemies on the third overhead swing while not hitting them. If you haven't gotten any good melee options while exploring, I'd recommend just checking out the starting sword that you can buy from the vendor. The starting scrapper armor is also heavy if you are still using that which will make rolling much slower.

I love the game, but I am not a fan of the scrapper starting class. I've strongly recommended people not start with it. People say the starting class doesn't matter since you can buy the other gear, but it costs a lot of scrap and resource to do that which you don't have at the beginning. Nearly everyone is going to put their initial resources into upgrading what they already have. Plus, you can also put points into the melee trait which you may not want as you pointed out.

I wonder how many people that have been frustrated with the game in the initial area started with the scrapper class? I get why it exists, but I've seen people get a little frustrated with the game while playing the class and not realizing it isn't the game that is the issue, it is the gear they are using.

Tya

Oct 30, 2017

Actually, in my previous post I recommended to buy the hunting rifle, but I'd just start a completely new character if I were you and try out the hunter starting class. You aren't that far into the game so it won't take long to get back to the first boss. You get what are clearly the best starting weapons, in my opinion, as the hunter and you'll reroll your world so you may not even have to fight Gorefist.

You'll know very quickly if the new weapon loadout and armor better fits your playstyle and you won't have to give up on the game and feel like you wasted $40.

Mejilan

Oct 27, 2017
I agree with Tya. You're early enough that you can quickly get caught up and pick a better class.
Though since you're playing solo, I might suggest picking the other class (ex-cultist, maybe?), the one that starts with the healing aura mod.
Paired with the SMG (which as I mentioned, is a guaranteed extremely early game weapon you can get while searching for the Elder Knowledge trait under Ward-13), you can really reap through adds while building up your healing aura charge.

aerobinson

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 6, 2019
Just to clarify a couple things:

My speaker setup is fine. I've noticed weird audio glitches in other situations in the game. It's not me.

Also, I started as the ex-cultist for the healing aura. Eventually I bought the hunting rifle because of all the positive things I read here and elsewhere.

I don't have time to start over. I barely have time to play, period. As of right now I have stuff to do around the house so I likely won't be able to tackle the boss again until Friday.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Well just started and gotta say you guys probably made my dream game in term,s of gameplay and controls and that's just from using the hunting rifle and starter sword. Love how punchy and weighted everything feels.

Ambient80

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I am really getting pissed in this sewers area at the beginning with stuff spawning behind me randomly. That's just simply not a fun mechanic. I clear a room completely then suddenly there's a large mob behind me and I'm bleeding and there's 10 other adds on me oh and I'm dead. Really, really irritating.

Mejilan

Oct 27, 2017
I am really getting pissed in this sewers area at the beginning with stuff spawning behind me randomly. That's just simply not a fun mechanic. I clear a room completely then suddenly there's a large mob behind me and I'm bleeding and there's 10 other adds on me oh and I'm dead. Really, really irritating.

That usually happens when an elite spawns. There's kind of a ringing chime that heralds them either spawning in (usually near a purple or blue pick up), or if one wandering the map notices you and aggros. Any time I hear that chime, I make sure to take a second or two to check the vicinity before engaging.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Digging my character already.
Travler.png

Ambient80

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
That usually happens when an elite spawns. There's kind of a ringing chime that heralds them either spawning in (usually near a purple or blue pick up), or if one wandering the map notices you and aggros. Any time I hear that chime, I make sure to take a second or two to check the vicinity before engaging.
Oh I know that, it's just I hear the chime nad the thing is already behind me and starting to swing. I have basically zero time to react.

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
Presumably, while they're completely retuning the health and DPS phase values of the fight, they'll also fix any issues that may cause the chest to not open. Sounds like the boss is getting a comprehensive overhaul and will be a much more consistent experience. We shall see!
Well, if nothing else, I'll probably see those changes first hand when I get there again in my second playthrough.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
I actually feel kinda bad refunding this on Steam. Part of me is craving to play more of it, but with the poor co-op matchmaking and frustrations I had with the bosses I felt like $40 was a bit too steep for this since I simply wasn't enjoying the solo play. The combat really was a lot of fun when I was in a solid group of players. I'll still keep an eye on it and if the game evolves in the future I'll take a second look.

Maledict

Oct 25, 2017
Unable to actually finish the tutorial on PC. Game crashes to desktop every time I either complete it or die. Not a great first impression.

gazoinks

Jul 9, 2019
Beat Regenerator Gorefist this morning. I've played probably hundreds of hours of Souls and Soulslikes and I still can't break the habit of abandoning all strategy to desperately try to kill the boss when their health gets low, which always screw me over lol. Looking forward to getting out of the sewer tunnels and, er, into the subway tunnels.

Not aimed at anyone in particular, but since there's been some back and forth talking about Gorefist, here's my general strategy tips that helped me get through the fight:
  • Gorefist hits hard, but his attacks are super easy to dodge. They have extremely obvious tells, and if you see them coming you can dodge right through them (dodge towards and past him, not away. He's got big range). When he becomes dangerous is when you let him out of your sight so you can't see his tells.
  • When the adds spawn, they make a very distinct high-pitched whining sound, kind of like a tea kettle boiling. When you hear that, keep an eye on Gorefist but start looking around at the entrances to the spot you're in. You don't want to completely lose Gorefist, because he'll smash your face in. Split your attention - keep an eye on him, but play defensively until the adds are dealt with.
  • I'm sure you could use whatever, but this was a hunting rifle fight for me. As soon as you hear them spawn, you can find the adds and shoot them from a distance before they become a problem.
  • When they get dangerously close, don't bother trying to shoot them. At that point it's too dangerous. Instead, dodge through or away from them as they explode. The dodge roll has very generous i-frames, and you can dodge past the explosions without getting hit.
  • Gorefist is aggressive but is also very on-and-off. Right after attacking he'll usually just kinda hang out before winding up for the next go. This is a great time to take out adds, heal, use items, reposition, reload, etc.
  • Use the arena geometry to your advantage. There are two areas I found helpful: the big open area to the right and forward from where you start, and the walkway on the second floor. The open area gives you lots of space to move around, check your flanks, get away from the boss, etc. The walkway makes it harder to get away from Gorefist (but remember, dodge through his attacks), but significantly reduces the places the adds can come from. I'd stay away from anywhere else, as anywhere with a lot of corners and doors is a place where you'll get jumped and obliterated.
  • Keep moving and try to stay mid distance to Gorefist. This was the ideal range for me. It let me see his attacks coming, check for adds easily, and dodge with no problem. Continually moving around the arena makes it way harder to get trapped and killed.
  • Cure infection when you can (right after he attacks), but I honestly didn't bother curing Bleeding until after the fight. It's not hugely debilitating, and I preferred healing through it and keeping up damage.
  • The only mod I used was the flame shot one from the Scrapper. It charges quickly and gives a nice damage boost that helps to take him out faster.
  • Remember you can reload while dodging, vaulting, running, etc. Makes it much easier to keep up damage if you start reloading before he attacks you and then finish as you dodge his attack, so you can spin around and unload into him.
  • Upgrade, upgrade, upgrade! By the time I got to the boss I had my rifle at +5 and some equipment at +5 without any grinding. The game showers you with low-level upgrade materials for a reason, and leveling things up can make a pretty big difference.
That's about all I've got. Hope these tips help someone struggling with the fight somewhere. I genuinely enjoyed it a lot, so it'd be a shame if it becomes a hard block for so many people. But of course at the end of the day people have different tastes, and that's totally fine.

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I actually feel kinda bad refunding this on Steam. Part of me is craving to play more of it, but with the poor co-op matchmaking and frustrations I had with the bosses I felt like $40 was a bit too steep for this since I simply wasn't enjoying the solo play. The combat really was a lot of fun when I was in a solid group of players. I'll still keep an eye on it and if the game evolves in the future I'll take a second look.

The matchmaking really sucks, you can sit for hours without getting a single person joining you. And I don't like how you're just randomly put in someone's world, when they're nowhere near your progress, it would be nice if it matched you by difficulty and quest at least.

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
The matchmaking really sucks, you can sit for hours without getting a single person joining you. And I don't like how you're just randomly put in someone's world, when they're nowhere near your progress, it would be nice if it matched you by difficulty and quest at least.

In my (limited) experience it does match you per difficulty, roughly. The issue is if someone rerolls a campaign you can get any difficulty at any point in the game.

I haven't been matched with people much higher or lower, but definitely would want more options (e.g. which zone etc).

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
In my (limited) experience it does match you per difficulty, roughly. The issue is if someone rerolls a campaign you can get any difficulty at any point in the game.

I haven't been matched with people much higher or lower, but definitely would want more options (e.g. which zone etc).

Seems like a good solution to this would be to add a server browser. Gather up all of the games in progress, list their location in the game and their levels, and let the player choose which one to join. I'm not sure if they would need dedicated servers for that (and I'm sure that's out of their budget) but to me this would fix some of the issues. It wouldn't stop players from being dicks and booting you out of the game (seriously, put your shit on private if you don't want others joining) but at least you are sorta given a heads up on what you're jumping into.

Mejilan

Oct 27, 2017
I'd honestly be happy if they added just a biome filter for the public session matchmaking.
Also, Ward-13 griefing is a thing. In the post-reactor version of Ward-13, they should completely disable stamina drain and friendly fire.
I hate being in the middle of upgrading my gear, only to have some random asshole murder me with his Beam Rifle and take my place.

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
Seems like a good solution to this would be to add a server browser. Gather up all of the games in progress, list their location in the game and their levels, and let the player choose which one to join. I'm not sure if they would need dedicated servers for that (and I'm sure that's out of their budget) but to me this would fix some of the issues. It wouldn't stop players from being dicks and booting you out of the game (seriously, put your shit on private if you don't want others joining) but at least you are sorta given a heads up on what you're jumping into.

Agreed.

In other news I have gone heavily into melee lifesteal and it's fun as hell. Teleport, slash slash, roll, teleport, slice dice, roll. With mods and passives and traits and the right play I can get +175% or so bonus melee damage in one build for certain fights, with around 75% crit chance, and a slightly different build with slightly lower numbers on both but it applies to ranged damage as well and is up more often. All depends on the fight. My friend has gone ranged and can do insane burst.

sym30l1c

Oct 25, 2017
Is the last boss still bugged? I've been going at it for 2 hours and not once I've seen it open its chest...I'm pretty sure I'm doing the right thing. I was able to get its health down to maybe 70% but it cost me a few ammo boxes and took quite a long time. There must be something wrong with it...

MrS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is the last boss still bugged? I've been going at it for 2 hours and not once I've seen it open its chest...I'm pretty sure I'm doing the right thing. I was able to get its health down to maybe 70% but it cost me a few ammo boxes and took quite a long time. There must be something wrong with it...
you gotta do like 10% of his bar to get him to break and expose himself for the proper DPS phase. have you been doing this?
try to kill 9-11 enemies in the shadow phase and you should have enough to do 10% damage to him.