• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Fonst

Nov 16, 2017
Played the first boss(?) with a stranger...I think he was a mini boss. Now the game won't stop crashing.

Tbone3336

Oct 28, 2017
Yep, the PS4 update affected something, even running a new character on new game it crashes after a short while.

Oct 27, 2017
Boss materials go straight to your inventory after a kill (impossible to leave it behind and miss it), and to my knowledge, you're limited to one drop per character. Period. Do note that some bosses have alt. kill strats which will net you an alt. drop, which can then be crafted into an alt. weapon or mod. So for those bosses (mostly world bosses, I believe), if you want both (or more) of their available loot, you'll need to go for at least as many kills as it has materials.

As an example, both Ent and Singe have alternative kills. For the former, you need to DPS a leg until it breaks, then kill it. For Singe, do the same to rip off its tail, then finish it off. Some of the alt. kills later get trickier to do. Note that if you get an alt. kill, you'll only get the alt. material, not the "default" material.
Yeah, I know how the drops work (meaning the special mats from boss kills go directly to your inventory) but I initially thought that I never got a drop from Gorefist but I guess I did in one of my public runs and forgot about it as I do remember getting the Flesh Barb mat. I've also gotten both mats from alt kills on Singe but I've only seen Ent once and I did the leg kill solo.

Fonst

Nov 16, 2017
Yep, the PS4 update affected something, even running a new character on new game it crashes after a short while.
Totally...sort of...

I had a save right before the Shroud and I could play that numerous times and someone joined me and we beat it just fine. Then get to the surface and just dead. 3 crashes in a row and the loadtimes are horrendous, I had to give up.

Oct 27, 2017
These small updates take an eternity on Steam...preallocating, downloading, updating, and unpacking...I guess this has to do with the Unreal engine?

RustyNails

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
That was horrible guys lol. Gorefist ruined our shits.

The pink blob fuckers just ruin everything.

tragic

Developer
Verified
Nov 28, 2018
Austin, TX
After going through it two times i can't help but think Ixillis should be the basis for bosses in this game, he's one of the few that feels actually satisfying to beat and behold, 0 adds. Please more of this, the game has so much potential and this boss proves the team is able to pull it off.

Except for the additional other boss? And the 6 adds that spawn every X amount of times?

After loading this update on PS4 have been having constant hard crashes on my current save file soon after loading in. Am assuming the save file got corrupted even though it does not indicate that. Will be starting a new character to see if it happen on a new game.

PS4 PRO? There seems to be a conflict with PS4 PRO. We are trying to replicate the issue.

PS4 PRO it looks like. Trying to get to the bottom of it.

These small updates take an eternity on Steam...preallocating, downloading, updating, and unpacking...I guess this has to do with the Unreal engine?

This is another issue we are trying to figure out. Unsure why this is happening to some people.

Tbone3336

Oct 28, 2017
Except for the additional other boss? And the 6 adds that spawn every X amount of times?

PS4 PRO? There seems to be a conflict with PS4 PRO. We are trying to replicate the issue.

PS4 PRO it looks like. Trying to get to the bottom of it.

This is another issue we are trying to figure out. Unsure why this is happening to some people.

Yes Tragic, PS4 Pro here. Also it seems to hit the fan on the PS4 Pro as I have not noticed this before the update but after the update my fan has gone into overdrive. if that helps with the issue.

Mejilan

Oct 27, 2017
tragic and KirbyKid, ever since downloading the 1.03 update on PS4, the game has been constantly crashing. Almost always when either trying to join a session or when traveling via crystal. I've gotten 4 in the past 40 minutes, whereas prior to this patch (back on 1.01), I'd gotten two total in the couple of dozen hours I've put into the game.

Also, when I can play, I get a visual glitch where both my health and stamina bars show nothing even though other folks in my session tell me I'm at full (or whatever) health.

tragic

Developer
Verified
Nov 28, 2018
Austin, TX
OK, we believe we have a fix for the PS4 PRO issue that won't require a re-dload. Give us a few minutes and we should have it 100% narrowed down.

TheCthultist

Oct 27, 2017
New York
Just stumbled across the Wastelander Flail and I have to say, both the weapon itself and the little dungeon you get it from are the highlight of this game so far. Legitimately fun challenge and a worthwhile reward for completing it. Really hope there's more interesting side stuff like that throughout the rest of the game.

Still haven't found the coin for the magnum anywhere though, so I think I'm just going to see if I can rock this repeater pistol until the end of the game.

tragic

Developer
Verified
Nov 28, 2018
Austin, TX
PS4 PRO users. Change your resolution to 1080p from 4k. This will be rectified tomorrow for full 4K gaming. Give it a try and let me know if it works. Very sorry for the bluescreens.

Tbone3336

Oct 28, 2017
Changed to 1080P on PS4 Pro and on my one save still getting hard crash to blue screen. Will try a new game to see if it is a corrupt save file.

TKRunningRiot

Oct 26, 2017
tragic

just did the alt "kill" on Ravager, both fog gates are still red and I cannot proceed as liquid escape is bugged out of my inventory

Last edited:

Tbone3336

Oct 28, 2017
On a new game it seems to work now on PS4 Pro. Loading an old save does not for me. So that may be corrupted but got all the way through restarting the reactor with no crashes where before it would not. 1080P with HDR on auto for ps4 pro

Tbone3336

Oct 28, 2017
Also the fan does not go into jet mode any longer after the update when running 1080P though that may be normal when running at lower res. Just an fyi

Rahfiki

Oct 28, 2017
PS4 PRO users. Change your resolution to 1080p from 4k. This will be rectified tomorrow for full 4K gaming. Give it a try and let me know if it works. Very sorry for the bluescreens.
Works for me so far. Booted the game back up after I saw your post, have fast traveled a couple times, and I'm currently exploring a new area without issue. My only gripe so far is the fact that enemies sound exactly the same regardless of how far away they are which really lowkey messes with me.

On a pseudo-side note I adore the slide (especially since I never thought that would be a thing). Loving my time with the game so far and can definitely see myself coming back to it every few months.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Yea I love the slide too, but I wish it was momentum based like Apex. So if you run into a slide down a hill it will go further. Also shooting while sliding would be nice lol!!!!!!!!

Mejilan

Oct 27, 2017
Are you on PS4 PRO? That seems to be the general fix. You might be in 4k but still playing on a 1080p TV.

PS4 Pro, PSVR (2.0) breakout box. Yup.
I just set my resolution from Automatic to 1080p (fixed) and turned off Supersampling (which I'm sure is a PS4 Pro-only feature).
Did not turn off Boost Mode.
Crash #6.

Adder7806

Dec 16, 2018
I'm a bit late to this thread. Can someone rundown the basics on how what the gameplay loop basically is? And perhaps a shooter or two it's reminiscent of? I like to play through this with my wife but I can't get a read on what the game is like. Thanks in advance.

Deleted member 1635

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Damn... I was having such a good time last night, but this first boss I got has been nothing but frustration.

Shroud Regenerator, which is basically this asshole that teleports around constantly while regenerating health if I'm not constantly on his ass, but he forces me to run around by summoning adds non-stop and also using this attack that causes explosions wherever I'm standing.

Just died around 10 times and I'm about ready to give up on the game, because it just doesn't seem possible with my current damage output. Maybe I'll try opening up my game and hoping someone joins, but I really wanted to play this solo.

edit: wait, I'm reading that these affixes are RNG? If I reroll my seed then I might get a Shroud that doesn't regenerate? Damn this shit is confusing.

Last edited:

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Damn... I was having such a good time last night, but this first boss I got has been nothing but frustration.

Shroud Regenerator, which is basically this asshole that teleports around constantly while regenerating health if I'm not constantly on his ass, but he forces me to run around by summoning adds non-stop and also using this attack that causes explosions wherever I'm standing.

Just died around 10 times and I'm about ready to give up on the game, because it just doesn't seem possible with my current damage output. Maybe I'll try opening up my game and hoping someone joins, but I really wanted to play this solo.

You're also early enough that you could reroll your campaign. You'll keep all your stuff you've received to this point.

Regen Shroud sounds like an asshole. I fought Enchanted Shroud last night in a friend's game, and Hearty Shroud tonight in another friend's game. Enchanted Shroud can diaf. Managed to kill him after a few tries, but it was tough. Hearty Shroud wasn't bad.

Mejilan

Oct 27, 2017
tragic, either switching the resolution from Automatic to 1080p or turning off Supersampling seems to have fixed the constant crash issue.
So it's not an actual resolution problem (since I have no 4K support at all on my set, those options are blanked out on my PS4 Pro), but a bizarre settings issue.

Jamiaro

Jan 8, 2018
Finland
Yeah, got the crashes as well. Just started and the game crashed after I left from Ward 13 to my checkpoint on Earth. Not cool at all. :/

Edit: PS4 Pro

Edit 2: the same crash has happened 3 times now. I refuse to start a new character. Why are games released in a state like this, yet alone patched like this, haphazardly? Not good at all. That's a shame since I've enjoyed my time with this, kinks and all.

Edit 3: I did the 1080p-thing and so far everything is okay. My previous point still stands, I should not be be forced to change my settings for simply running 1 game.

Last edited:

Hokey

Oct 29, 2017
Played 3 player coop last night, everything ran perfectly with party chat (ps4) etc, got upto Ent boss and we were getting owned, retried over 20 times until we realised one of our mates had very early gear so he went off to make some progress and me and other mate beat on very next try. Very well done boss and throughly enjoying this game, playing coop with friends vs AI is actually my style of game design (Monster Hunter, Halo, L4D, Evolve, Destiny, Gears of War etc) and the Souls inspiration is a stroke of genius as you can run through the game like a regular shooter but when you stop to pay attention you can find a lot of hidden depth/secrets. Very happy to see you guys are making the game that you want to play first and foremost because I believe that it the key to making something special.

Mejilan

Oct 27, 2017
Queen Of Hunting, I have set up a fairly bare-bones Google Sheet with tabs for PS4, XBO, and PC players.
I'd be most grateful if you could edit it into your OP in a somewhat conspicuous fashion so that folks can easily find it. Perhaps add it as a Threadmark as well?
I'd like to make it so that only registered users can see it, but I'm not sure how to do that. I'll continue fiddling with this post until I figure it out. I think I got it.

Anyone with access to the link (below) can edit, so they'll be able to edit in their own details.
I'm also open to design/new column feedback.

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.
Alas. I am at the bottom of a page.

New page. Just a reminder that we have a Google Sheet set up for all platforms.
Please add your details and send friend requests.
I'm hoping that Queen Of Hunting will add the link to her OP and/or create a Threadmark for it.
But until then, this reminder.

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

Last edited:

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
Just stumbled across the Wastelander Flail and I have to say, both the weapon itself and the little dungeon you get it from are the highlight of this game so far. Legitimately fun challenge and a worthwhile reward for completing it. Really hope there's more interesting side stuff like that throughout the rest of the game.

Still haven't found the coin for the magnum anywhere though, so I think I'm just going to see if I can rock this repeater pistol until the end of the game.

The coin is for a magnum? Oh boy I need to find that, I have a coin...!

sredgrin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Got some necklace I can't recall the name of, but gives you 300 percent of damage done as mod power and hoo boy do mods charge fast now.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
my favorite thing is when the "chance for critical hits to do 300% damage" procs as you hit a bosses weakspot and you do like 3000 damage and the boss loses a huge chunk of his HP XD

NLCPRESIDENT

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
Sigh... I know tragic is helping people with crashes and what not, but...

I have been searching psn for the past 2 days looking for something interesting. I remember wanting this game as I pass an ad on psn and think, "fuck yea.. gonna get this!" But let me check the OT real quick to see how people are liking it. Have a hot $50 credit to spend.

Then I get here and it seems like a mess, especially for $40. Damn.. I don't have a lot of time to game and was excited for this.

Please fix yo shit so I can play it and tell my friends to buy it. I have a 4k tv and am not playing in 1080p. Sorry for the rant, it's just a bummer.

DrScissorsMD

Banned
Jan 19, 2019
It's a ring. Called something like "Devastation Loop" or so. "Deadly Loop". Something.
There's also a trait that increases proc chance, meaning you can go from 5% chance per crit for 300% damage to 25% chance per crit for 300% damage. With a high crit build you can steamroll bosses.

chechi

Dec 3, 2018
Just thought about getting this one for the weekend, but reading about all the crashes idk...maybe I'll wait a bit longer I guess?

sredgrin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
True hard mode for me: Puzzles involving replicating musical notes.

chechi

Dec 3, 2018
Question for the guys already playing it on PS4: how is the shooting? how does it feel, can you compare it to another game?