• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Seems new patch with quite some fixes is out

PC 214415
WEAPON: Increased Scar of the Jungle God bleed speed (same damage but faster)
ITEM: Vengeance Idol buffed to 50% DMG below 25% health
MOD: Reduced Breath of the Desert Charges (3 to 2)
MOD: Increased Breath of the Desert buildup requirement (500 to 750)
MOD: Gravity Core DMG reduced (750 to 500)
MOD: Gravity Core AOE DMG significantly reduced against friendlies
MOD: Gravity Core pull significantly reduced against friendlies
MOD: Gravity Core projectile time significantly increased
MOD: Gravity Core buildup requirement reduced (2000 to 1500)
MOD: Tentacle Shot no longer hits friendlies
MOD: Increased Hunter's Mark buildup
MOD: Certain mods should now properly target more enemies
ARMOR: Removed the duration for Slayer Armor buff post reload
ARMOR: Set bonuses should now properly update on client without needing to reequip
TRAIT: Reduced Catalyst buff (20% to 15%)
ENEMY: Adjusted all Vyr Annointed weakspots (head) to be the correct size
ENEMY: Ixillis fix for secondary particle not showing up for non-host (client)
ENEMY: Adjusted method for gaining additional ammo during Ixillis
ENEMY: Non-hitscan weapons (projectiles) can now deal weakspot DMG to Ixillis
ENEMY: Shade/Shatter will should no longer get pushed out of their dome
ENEMY: Projectiles used against Shade/Shatter dome will now DMG the dome
ENEMY: Shade no longer becomes stuck in dome anim when Shatter is killed during startup
ENEMY: Fix for The Harrow alternate kill method
ENEMY: Nightmare no longer takes the same teammate every time
ENEMY: Nightmare Portals will no longer wait to appear
ENEMY: Certain Mods now properly attack Claviger's chest
QOL: Ace has decided to sell higher quantities of Irons (with less min/max variance)
QOL: Many keybinding fixes
BUG: Fix for inconsistent reviving where it would often cancel (YESSSS!)
BUG: Spectators should now see proper death/grapple/interaction animations
BUG: Fix for saves without proper progression keys (Howling Key, Guardian Heart, etc)
BUG: Fuse box fixes!
BUG: Added persistence component to bell handler
BUG: Bosses dying to DOT should no longer break the game (!)
BUG: Fixes for enemies grappling Rattle Weed
BUG: Many additional trophy/achievement fixes
BUG: Hair color should no longer change color when equipping Hunter Shroud
BUG: Force Burst should no longer cause banished enemies to become suspended in air
BUG: Ent scream should no longer instakill players using Mantle of Thorns (...lol)
BUG: Added minion tag to Monolith spawns
BUG: Collision adjusted on Monlith tile to prevent players from falling through
BUG: Added save bool for Lost Gantry to prevent lock-out if player exits on death
BUG: Fix for certain elemental MOD damage types being considered Melee DMG
BUG: Totems in Shroud dungeon should now always properly summon Shroud
TECH: Set max players on unreal to 3
TECH: Matchmaking optimizations
MISC: Told the Wasteland Goodboy that he's a goodboy.

Ciao

Jun 14, 2018
His points about the adds during boss fights are fair. His critique that the worlds are drab is off in my opinion. Exploring the interesting locations is the only thing pushing me through the bullshit bosses. Also, the gunplay is good, definitely far from mediocre.

Yes, the gunplay looks good to me, and the world design is what brought me in the first place. I just feel I'll be too frustrated by the boss encounter design, and as I know it's a problem known by the devs, I expect them to consider a rework down the line. I'll buy the game for sure, but I don't know if it's now or down the line after an hypothetic patch !

Mejilan

Oct 27, 2017
Does matchmaking actually work in this game? I just get "already in session" repeatedly.

I can sometimes eliminate that bug by loading into an offline solo instance. That usually works, but if it fails, closing out of the game and relaunching fixes the issue. I think it's some weird bug where the game still thinks you're in an online session when you really aren't. I haven't figured out what causes it. I've had it happen after getting kicked from an online session, and after quitting out of one of my own volition. Hoping it's something they fix, because it happens often enough to be annoying.

tragic and KirbyKid, just wanted to let you know that I discovered a soft lock state in the IXILLUS fight (at least on PS4). I had Ruin's special mod up (Undying), the one that allows you to self-rez after going down. Things were a little confused, so one of two things happened. I got knocked off the bridge, that much I know. I'm not sure if landing in the chasm killed me, or the hit that sent me flying off the bridge killed me; but either way, I landed in the Chasm and Undying procced, bringing me back to life. My character's model was gone and I couldn't move, shoot, interact, or do anything other than bring up the menu and fiddle with the third person camera. But I had health and the game considered me alive. My two companions eventually went down, but the game wouldn't initiate a team wipe. The bosses could not or would not target/hit me, either. I basically had to quit out of the game in order to let them progress and try again. PS4 version 1.01.

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
Yes, the gunplay looks good to me, and the world design is what brought me in the first place. I just feel I'll be too frustrated by the boss encounter design, and as I know it's a problem known by the devs, I expect them to consider a rework down the line. I'll buy the game for sure, but I don't know if it's now or down the line after an hypothetic patch !

For better or worse, I wouldn't expect a large rework of the boss encounters in a later patch. The dev's have spent a lot of energy here and elsewhere justifying their design decisions and vision for the game. They more or less acknowledge the game isn't for everyone, so if you're not into boss fights with tons of adds, it's a good idea to hold your money.

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
The bosses are like this for coop. If you're playing solo they are horrible with all the adds. It's not a good experience and they really didn't advertise this game as a solo game at all even though it feels like it could be a good one beside the boss fights. The game is like souls then boss fights turn into Destiny. Without adds the bosses would be pretty easy. They are not meant to be 1v1 fight like in a Souls game usually is and you summon a coop player to generally make it way easier. I wouldn't suggest getting this game to play alone at all.

I'm surprised how much lore is in the game if you are in mood for reading. Seems like a pretty cool setting.

tragic

Developer
Verified
Nov 28, 2018
Austin, TX

The PS4 will have these same updates in the next patch which should be early tomorrow (submission process and all that).

They will still spawn adds. It's part of the puzzle. Timing/Intensity may still be adjusted.

@tragic and @KirbyKid, just wanted to let you know that I discovered a soft lock state in the IXILLUS fight (at least on PS4). I had Ruin's special mod up (Undying), the one that allows you to self-rez after going down. Things were a little confused, so one of two things happened. I got knocked off the bridge, that much I know. I'm not sure if landing in the chasm killed me, or the hit that sent me flying off the bridge killed me; but either way, I landed in the Chasm and Undying procced, bringing me back to life. My character's model was gone and I couldn't move, shoot, interact, or do anything other than bring up the menu and fiddle with the third person camera. But I had health and the game considered me alive. My two companions eventually went down, but the game wouldn't initiate a team wipe. The bosses could not or would not target/hit me, either. I basically had to quit out of the game in order to let them progress and try again. PS4 version 1.01.

Being worked on as we speak!

tragic

Developer
Verified
Nov 28, 2018
Austin, TX
The bosses are like this for coop. If you're playing solo they are horrible with all the adds. It's not a good experience and they really didn't advertise this game as a solo game at all even though it feels like it could be a good one beside the boss fights. The game is like souls then boss fights turn into Destiny. Without adds the bosses would be pretty easy. They are not meant to be 1v1 fight like in a Souls game usually is and you summon a coop player to generally make it way easier.

The entire game was balanced solo NORMAL and solo HARD before coop was ever adjusted. They are 100% absolutely meant to be fought any way you desire, be it single player, 2p, or full 3p.

RustyNails

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Really great fun I had in a random game. It had two dudes with mics. Lots of healing and team play. I don't know if I can keep getting lucky like that. Is there Era signups sheet with PSN IDs? I'd figure playing with y'all is better experience.

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
well they are really hard solo even on normal and I beat every From Software game :P

RustyNails

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Also how does progression work? Is your game progression different than joining a public game?

RustyNails

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The PS4 will have these same updates in the next patch which should be early tomorrow (submission process and all that).

They will still spawn adds. It's part of the puzzle. Timing/Intensity may still be adjusted.

Being worked on as we speak!
tragic is there a way to get multiplayer lobby show up? Also, can we get emotes and call outs? It's little annoying to tell others "come this way" without mic :p

Radokat

Oct 30, 2017
Your character progression (traits, items etc) is always saved but your world progresses only if you host or play alone.

Astraer

Gamer Guides
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Any tips for the final boss, this is ridiculous on the second phase with the amount of adds. Even throwing bosses at me during it, am I missing something?

TheCthultist

Oct 27, 2017
New York
What is the actual hitbox on the petrified maul? Because I'm getting repeated instances is where my swings physically go through enemies without actually damaging them in any way.

TheCthultist

Oct 27, 2017
New York
Do you know what swings that is happening on? Let me know!
Doesn't seem to be every combo, but it's always been the second swing of the uncharged 3-swing combo every time it's happened. The head will pass right through enemies without doing damage or stagger, which I haven't run into with any other melee weapon I've tried yet. All the others have been nice and consistent.

SonicXtreme

Oct 27, 2017
This game is a lot easier to manage solo on pc isn't it lol? again, is ps4 random matchmaking bugged or do I just not understand how to encourage spawns? I can join games but haven't had one random join my public game yet, im def past the coop entry point. Sonicjosh86 if anyone wants to team on ps4 but from the sounds of it most here are on pc (and I don't blame them, really having trouble crowd controlling solo without a mouse)

Mejilan

Oct 27, 2017
What's the game's approach to ammo? Is it plentiful or is it limited like in RE games?

Mobs consistently drop white (hand gun) and red (long gun) ammo bricks which return a percentage of your weapons' total ammo reserves.
Unlike all other loot however, ammo bricks strangely aren't shared. So if one person picks up that red brick you're dying for, you're SoL until the next one comes around. Bit odd, since as far as I can tell, EVERYTHING else is shared. Shards (cash), crafting materials, weapons, armors, accessories, upgrade materials, boss drops. Ammo drops appear to be totally RNG, btw.

Speaking of RNG, the game seems to want to drop ammo bricks more often of the weapon I'm not currently using. So if I rely a lot on my sniper (red ammo), kills with it seem to drop white ammo more commonly. Could just be me, though.

Last edited:

drewfonse

Oct 28, 2017
How do I kill the creature in the swamp who is stalking me? I get it down in health and then it crouches and resists....

kakistocrats

Oct 29, 2017
Just want to pop in and say I've really been enjoying this game. Now that I'm really diving into it, a $40 price point feels really generous. This feels like a leap forward for PvE shooters that tons of AAA games have been promising for years now but not delivering. Some truly gorgeous environments in this thing, too. Great work.

Puru

Oct 28, 2017
After going through it two times i can't help but think Ixillis should be the basis for bosses in this game, he's one of the few that feels actually satisfying to beat and behold, 0 adds. Please more of this, the game has so much potential and this boss proves the team is able to pull it off.

RustyNails

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Alright. Starting one up. What else do you think it should include other than our ResetEra/ecosystem usernames, Trait Levels, current Biome/Story progress, and, say, a Comments section for specifying current loadouts or whatever?
I think you got it covered. I would also specify platform (PC/xb1/PS4) and like most probable time of play maybe? And also timezone you're in.

sredgrin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What's the game's approach to ammo? Is it plentiful or is it limited like in RE games?

Plentiful single player, co-op ammo is not instanced though, so if you have someone hoovering up it can screw you. There is a consumable to buy that refills it too for cases like that.

spreadsheet for users to find others and play

Mejilan

Oct 27, 2017
Queen Of Hunting, I have set up a fairly bare-bones Google Sheet with tabs for PS4, XBO, and PC players.
I'd be most grateful if you could edit it into your OP in a somewhat conspicuous fashion so that folks can easily find it. Perhaps add it as a Threadmark as well?
I'd like to make it so that only registered users can see it, but I'm not sure how to do that. I'll continue fiddling with this post until I figure it out. I think I got it.

Anyone with access to the link (below) can edit, so they'll be able to edit in their own details.
I'm also open to design/new column feedback.

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.
Alas. I am at the bottom of a page.

Last edited:

RustyNails

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Queen Of Hunting, I have set up a fairly bare-bones Google Sheet with tabs for PS4, XBO, and PC players.
I'd be most grateful if you could edit it into your OP in a somewhat conspicuous fashion so that folks can easily find it. Perhaps add it as a Threadmark as well?
I'd like to make it so that only registered users can see it, but I'm not sure how to do that. I'll continue fiddling with this post until I figure it out. I think I got it.

Anyone with access to the link (below) can edit, so they'll be able to edit in their own details.
I'm also open to design/new column feedback.

[Hidden content]

Alas. I am at the bottom of a page.
Thanks for this! Added.

Mejilan

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like patch 1.03 just landed for PS4. Around 600 MB. No change log listed (still shows 1.01 patch notes).

Tbone3336

Oct 28, 2017
Looks like patch 1.03 just landed for PS4. Around 600 MB. No change log listed (still shows 1.01 patch notes).

After loading this update on PS4 have been having constant hard crashes on my current save file soon after loading in. Am assuming the save file got corrupted even though it does not indicate that. Will be starting a new character to see if it happen on a new game.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Woo! Beat the Root Mother encounter my first try today after stepping away last night.

Standing on the opposite side of the Mother is totally the best way to do that encounter.

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
Just started playing co-op and it's even more fun than solo.

It's weird though, bosses seem easier, but world enemies are harder...

Crash331

Oct 28, 2017
tragic After the update on PS4 I can no longer join my friend's game while he is above the surface on Earth. He had to go in to the subway station before I could join, and then at the end when we resurfaced (after the church) it crashed again. Happened about 7 times tonight. I submitted a crash report with videos and screenshots every time.