• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Well bugger me, I'm on my second playthrough and I've already found a totally new area with 2 new bosses and a side event that I've never seen before, I wasn't expecting that.

I managed to get my multiplayer working too, fiddled with Windows Firefox and allowed the game and I also set my game status to public on my Steam profile, not sure which one fixed it but I've had plenty of people joining me since.

tragic

Developer
Verified
Nov 28, 2018
Austin, TX
Is the XP bug fixed in this patch?

I believe so. Give it a look and let me know. I forgot to put that in the patch notes.

You know what I love in bossfights? Not paying any attention to the boss because I'm more worried about randomly spawning mobs that can chain their explosions and one shot me if I'm not looking in the right direction. Adds in bossfights to artificially increase the difficulty is one of my least favorite things in games like this (if the bosses are not specifically designed around an add mechanic). Game is fun otherwise but this really drags it down for me so far.

Well, it isn't to artificially increase difficulty. It is to actually increase difficulty... by forcing to you to spin multiple plates. If we took out adds from say, Gorefist, you'd never take damage. All you have to do is strafe/walk to his right when he charges you (you don't even need to dodge him, ever), move away from him, and shoot him over and over. This happens with almost every boss. Most of the mechanics are very easy to avoid and the adds (besides giving you ways to charge mod power and gain ammo) force you to focus on multiple things at once.

In a shooter, it's hard to lean on expecting (and often requiring) the player to be within 3" of the boss at all time to do damage. Guns usurp that requirement. In melee based games, you have to put yourself at risk by getting in close.

Hope that fix includes the worst one. Beat the boss and he kept attacking, which I died. Re-spawned, got the material from the boss and now can't progress to finish the story at all. On top of dealing with the missing portals, which I had to restart numerous times, it really soured my enjoyment and I'm just going to take a break from the game till stuff gets sorted. This is on PC btw.

Overall though, it is an excellent game and I had a great time with it.

Should be fixed. Let me your results!

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
Just got a ring that increases crit chance by 15% after killing anything. Makes the addfests during boss fights a bit less onerous.

Feb 16, 2018
Got my eye on this, watched the Easy Allies stream and it looks really cool. Might not pick it up until later this year but it's on my radar.

Oct 27, 2017
Finally found a re-rolled campaign through public matchmaking to fight the Undying King to get a certain weapon, kill the King, get the heart and the Kingslayer trait, the group leader tries to take us back to the Ward to craft the weapon and the game just continues to load so I have to open up task manager to close the game eventually. Now it says it has a 312.9 MB update which it downloads but now it's been updating for the last 10 minutes or so.

I better have the material needed to craft that weapon when I get back in there.

Edit: All good but I was concerned as I had a crash/disconnect a few days back that simply erased some progress.

Last edited:

thetrin

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA
anyone here on the start of the game(tree boss exactly)? if you want us to join up send me a message.
I beat the tree boss with a buddy last night.

here are my tips:

1) There is a max radius to his AOE stomp, so stay out of range of that if you can, but if you have a ring that increases evasion window, you can roll through it anyway.
2) We largely used repeaters to damage. Decent range, decent damage.
3) When he slams down on the ground, there is a weak point on the back of his neck. It does a lot of damage if you can snipe that.
4) when he starts launching the pods, look at him, and each time he launches one, dodge right or left a second later to miss the pod. If you have screamers coming after you during this phase, the pods will kill them when they explode, so don't worry about them too much while dodging. NOTE: Make sure your whole team is dodging in the same direction or are not close to each other. If you dodge into each other, it doesn't matter how good your dodging is, you'll dodge into a cloud meant for your teammate, and will get stunlocked by each subsequent pod until the phase ends.
5) Drink oilskin before walking into the encounter. This will give you a 30% increase resist to Rot, which will be essential to make sure you're not infected the whole time (we ended the fight infected and had to run for the checkpoint after beating it, but we definitely stayed alive because of the oilskin at the beginning).
6) Use bloodwort instead of dragon hearts if you can afford it. Whenever you're at half HP, just use a blood wort, and keep running and gunning. This will keep your dragon hearts free for emergency clutch heals and teammate revives.

Hopefully that all helps. The fight took us like, 4-5 tries last night with two people. It was pretty fantastic.

I have fought three bosses and none of them were a tree so now I'm confused
that's by design. The team has said that each campaign is so different there are bosses you will never see in a single run.

Last edited:

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
On the one hand, I really hope they add some kind of model viewer or bestiary or something. I really want to see some of these creature designs better.

On the other hand, holy crap, I'm not finding this Shroud boss battle fun at all. Just running around until the numerous adds that are always there no matter what eventually dogpile me, or I just suddenly explode with no warning.

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
On the one hand, I really hope they add some kind of model viewer or bestiary or something. I really want to see some of these creature designs better.

On the other hand, holy crap, I'm not finding this Shroud boss battle fun at all. Just running around until the numerous adds that are always there no matter what eventually dogpile me, or I just suddenly explode with no warning.

Turn the music down a bit. I found it helped make the audio cues for their attacks a lot easier to hear.

Stock up on consumables and keep moving. The hardest part is just finding Shroud as it teleports around the stage.

So far, it's the only boss I haven't beaten on the first try. It's an annoying fight.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017

He makes a weird noise before using a positional blast which goes off 3 times. You must move during that point. Took him down on the second try, wasn't bad once you memorize what he does

ZeroMaverick

Mar 5, 2018
I hate when Steam pages only list Nvidia and Intel spec requirements. Anyone know what the AMD equivalents are for recommended/high 1080p60?

Abstrusity

Oct 27, 2017
The assault rifle works very well.

Also, the Defiler is a handgun shotgun. Fuck everything else, this is my build.

An you know what? Explosive shot too.

RumbleHumble

Oct 27, 2017
Took me about a half an hour, but I beat Gorefist. Not a huge fan of the exploding adds and their stuns, but at least their intervals were predictable enough that the fight didn't feel completely unfair.

All in all, really loving the game. The gun feel is just so good and the difficulty feels (mostly) like the right kind of dangerous.

Deleted member 56580

User requested account closure
Banned
May 8, 2019
Finished my ng+ run in 11 hours by doing all the areas at 100%, its now time for nightmare. Pretty sure I could do any new ng+ run in hard in 6 hours top

Seriously the last boss is the most relaxing one of the whole game, its kinda weird

Oct 27, 2017
If the character select screen is anything to go by it looks like we have proper ultra-widescreen support now.

I've gotten so much good gear today however the weapon/mod that shoots the yellow laser still eludes me...anyone know where to get it or what it's called?

Suedemaker

Linked the Fire
Jun 4, 2019
Ohh I know but I imagine playing with others would be the definitive experience , I would play with others but no one I know has it , and playing with randoms seems so hit and miss for me lately (mostly miss).
I've put in 17 hours since Friday playing only Solo. Playing with others is probably the "definitive" experience like you said, but I'm quite enjoying myself solo. If you're on PC feel free to add me if you do want to join up sometime. I might beat the game solo before I start playing with others though...

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Is there a way to un-upgrade weapons and get mats back, or otherwise make more upgrade materials available in the world?

I made some poor upgrade decisions and hit a wall. I tried rerolling the world and that brought back the iron nodes, but it also raised the mob level, kinda defeating the purpose.

Ended up re-rolling my character, but I found some good stuff right away, so it worked out in the end.

Reaper55

Oct 25, 2017
Enjoying the game so far! Ran into 2 bugs/annoyances during Co-op both related to revive mechanics:

- revive and reload share the same button, so sometimes in a hectic situation i press revive near co-op and I reload instead. I am not sure if I was not close enough or looking in the right direction.

- sometimes when I get revived I am stuck in an aim down sites view and i have to spam L2 to reset my view to normal.

tragic

Developer
Verified
Nov 28, 2018
Austin, TX
Enjoying the game so far! Ran into 2 bugs/annoyances during Co-op both related to revive mechanics:

- revive and reload share the same button, so sometimes in a hectic situation i press revive near co-op and I reload instead. I am not sure if I was not close enough or looking in the right direction.

- sometimes when I get revived I am stuck in an aim down sites view and i have to spam L2 to reset my view to normal.

We have a couple of revive issues we are working on. I'll see if we can look into this tomorrow!

pikachief

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I accidentally rerolled the world instead of going in the crystal thing my first time, what does that do?

Mejilan

Oct 27, 2017
Is there a way to un-upgrade weapons and get mats back, or otherwise make more upgrade materials available in the world?

I made some poor upgrade decisions and hit a wall. I tried rerolling the world and that brought back the iron nodes, but it also raised the mob level, kinda defeating the purpose.

Ended up re-rolling my character, but I found some good stuff right away, so it worked out in the end.

FYI, you can run some co-op and pick up some easy mats that way. Join other players' worlds.

Radokat

Oct 30, 2017
This is the game invaded my dreams :D Woke up from a very strange Ward 13 episode.

Amazing game - I finished it yesterday but can't wait for today evening to help my friends out with their journey and find things I didn't before.

Love it so much <3 Hope it stays around for a while.

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Is there any esoteric reason to save boss parts? Or am I safe to craft? I always worry about missing out on a god-tier item by crafting early, so I just keep everything.

axezslandr

Mar 19, 2019
Alright so i met Gorefist last night. Was pretty tired and his gas-filled minions kept killing me over and over. No weapon upgrades yet. I waited by the checkpoint for 5 min to see if anybody would assist me in the fight, but no one showed up. Set on public and playing on PS4. Is matchmaking working properly on PS4?

Abominuz

Oct 29, 2017
Netherlands
Taking my time and loving the game, already beat 5 or 6 bosses solo. But yesterday i wanted to try online on the xbox but i cant find any games. When i try to join a public game it just hangs on searching for a game.

TheCthultist

Oct 27, 2017
New York
I really want to like this game, and there's certain aspects of it that I love. But the endlessly spawning adds in boss fights, particularly when they consistently spawn behind you no matter where you are in the arena, is really killing any drive I have to keep going. Particularly when those enemies are self-destructing assholes who spawn in pairs/trios leading to an instant death if both go off near you at once... The boss fights themselves seem like they'd be fun enough. Why have the adds? Or why not a limited number of adds instead of the constant stream?

Last edited: