• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RumbleHumble

Oct 27, 2017
I'm finding it kind of difficult but I'm enjoying the gameplay loop.

Its unsettling to play alone for me lol, it's like RE where you can hear enemies growling and walking around long before you see them so you're on alert most of the time.

I wish there was more loot but it's not that kind of game.
Are you finding it difficult because it's just a difficult game or are you finding it difficult because certain mechanics of enemies are designed with primary focus on MP?

I've been following impressions, and one discussed a boss fight where a friend focused on adds while the other focused on keeping the boss's attention. It sounded deeply frustrating if not balanced right.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
Are you finding it difficult because it's just a difficult game or are you finding it difficult because certain mechanics of enemies are designed with primary focus on MP?

I've been following impressions, and one discussed a boss fight where a friend focused on adds while the other focused on keeping the boss's attention. It sounded deeply frustrating if not balanced right.
I'm not sure whether I can comment on the difference between MP and SP because I believe MP is supposed to add more enemies actually.

I think for now at least, my difficulty is just coming to grips with the type of game, and learning to upgrade my gear at the right times so I don't get run over.

I won't deny thought there is an element of sometimes the adds just overwhelm me in tight confines like the sewers which is in the first part of the game. By themselves they're not bad but if they're stacked up alongside a shooting enemy or a heavy melee enemy it gets to really be a situation. I've only run into one boss atm but they seemed to have tried to balance that one because I was able to beat it once I learned the strat, but some rooms might be more problematic. Maybe I need to use more stealth/setup then.

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know what's up with the final fight as I'm killing 10-12 adds before exiting the dream/nightmare/whatever dimension yet I'm seeing very little buff regarding damage and the chest never opens but I guess I'm probably doing something wrong. Tempted to just re-roll and continue to upgrade stuff as I'm currently at 125 Trait points.

RumbleHumble

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not sure whether I can comment on the difference between MP and SP because I believe MP is supposed to add more enemies actually.

I think for now at least, my difficulty is just coming to grips with the type of game, and learning to upgrade my gear at the right times so I don't get run over.

I won't deny thought there is an element of sometimes the adds just overwhelm me in tight confines like the sewers which is in the first part of the game. By themselves they're not bad but if they're stacked up alongside a shooting enemy or a heavy melee enemy it gets to really be a situation. I've only run into one boss atm but they seemed to have tried to balance that one because I was able to beat it once I learned the strat, but some rooms might be more problematic. Maybe I need to use more stealth/setup then.
Awesome. Thanks for the impressions. Cautiously optimistic.

Ambient80

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Just watched DansGaming play for a while, it looks super fun! He killed a boss and used something it dropped to make a really cool looking sword (I won't post boss name or other potential spoilers). I think I may get this, but it won't be for a few weeks. I also probably won't watch any more of anyone playing it cause it looks like it would be more fun to jump into blindly

Kurumi

Oct 26, 2017
I don't know what's up with the final fight as I'm killing 10-12 adds before exiting the dream/nightmare/whatever dimension yet I'm seeing very little buff regarding damage and the chest never opens but I guess I'm probably doing something wrong. Tempted to just re-roll and continue to upgrade stuff as I'm currently at 125 Trait points.

I was having the same problem last night. After a couple tries I just logged off. I'll try again today.

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada

The game was designed for solo, not around co-op a dev said. That's why co-op is just more adds and health buff for enemies.

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
To buy on PS4, or not to buy?

giphy.gif

Makeshift Chef

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
After downloading the update on Xbox it appears to have fucked my save up. I launched the game and searched for a public one and nothing ever came up. I then backed out and attempted to launch my save and now I have been sitting here for 5 minutes waiting on the "Checking Save" to clear.

I had to close the application and relaunch it twice in order to get back to a playable state. I love the aesthetic and the idea of the game but I'm very disappointed in it's current state on Xbox. Has there been any word on actually being able to join other online games? Not being able to co-op is really tanking my interest here.

Mejilan

Oct 27, 2017
Haven't played, but I just bought and downloaded it today, a few hours back, and on PS4, we're still on 1.01.

tragic

Developer
Verified
Nov 28, 2018
Austin, TX
The void set is cool until you actually have to roll lol

Give the neutral backdash a try. It has only 1 less iFrame and is the same speed in every weight category!

The game was designed for solo, not around co-op a dev said. That's why co-op is just more adds and health buff for enemies.

The game was designed for both. It was balanced solo on normal/hard before we adjusted co-op balance.

Radokat

Oct 30, 2017
I was having the same problem last night. After a couple tries I just logged off. I'll try again today.

I only could finish it with the following tactic:

First i would recommend the ruin as your primary weapon as it gives you basically endless respawns if you don't die twice in a phase.
As secondary you take your strongest pistol that doesn't have a fixed mod. Use the swarm mod for it - important for later.
Equipment I would recommend the ring that heals you when you do melee damage (leech ring) and as the charm use the one that boosts your healing items.

Fight: Kill the dreamer with headshots and enable the gun mod but don't use it yet.
Once nightmare appears don't shoot at him at all, dodge his attacks and wait for the dimension jump.
In the dimension use the small heal item first and then melee all enemies until you have a 10+ multiplier - be careful where the portal is and leave as soon as shroud appears.
Once you are back in the normal dimension trigger the swarm (you need to be near the boss for it to work) and then run away from the attack.
Unload your primary gun until the ribcage opens and shoot the dreamer inside for huge damage.
Repeat this 2 times and you should be done.

Every time you are back from the dimension your nods will be full powered after the first shot you hit.
This will be a extra life if you are using the ruin as primary.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Watching Lirik, Shorty, and Waffle try to 3-man The Risen encounter because that's what I'm currently stuck on, and damn, this is nutty.

Started off the encounter with like 6 of the teleporting dudes just back-to-back combo-ing me. Absolutely nothing I can do to counter that.

Kurumi

Oct 26, 2017
I only could finish it with the following tactic:

First i would recommend the ruin as your primary weapon as it gives you basically endless respawns if you don't die twice in a phase.
As secondary you take your strongest pistol than doesn't have a fixed mod. Use the swarm mod - important for later.
Equipment I would recommend the ring that heals you when you do melee damage (leech ring) and as the charm use the one that boosts your heeling items.

Fight: Kill the dreamer with headshots and enable the gun mod but don't use it yet.
Once nightmare appears don't shoot at him at all and wait for the dimension jump.
In the dimension use the small heal item first and then melee all enemies until you have a 10+ multiplier - be careful where the portal is and leave as soon as shroud appears.
Once you are back in the normal dimension trigger the swarm (you need to be near the boss for it to work) and then run away from the attack.
Unload your primary gun until the ribcage opens and shoot the dreamer inside for huge damage.
Repeat this 2 times and you should be done.

Every time you are back from the dimension your nods will be full powered after the first shot you hit.
This will be a extra life if you are using the ruin as primary.

I just beat the boss a couple minutes ago using the breath of the desert and mender's aura mods.

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Watching Lirik, Shorty, and Waffle try to 3-man The Risen encounter because that's what I'm currently stuck on, and damn, this is nutty.

Started off the encounter with like 6 of the teleporting dudes just back-to-back combo-ing me. Absolutely nothing I can do to counter that.

It's getting nerfed soon apparently, it's massively overtuned right now.

TheCthultist

Oct 27, 2017
New York
Just starting out and already I'm finding the Hidden Sanctum sewer section to just be extremely not fun. I'm getting through it, but it's just constant swinging away at a seemingly endless stream of adds (some of which will just straight up spawn in behind you after you've already made sure there was nothing there) while getting machine gunned from the back lines. In another setting this might be alright, but in the tight confines of the sewers like this, it's just frustrating more than anything else.

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
Man, RNG is definitely a thing. My first character I got nothing noteworthy for drops up until I re-rolled at the first boss Shroud. Then I decided to re-roll with another class and this character already has 2 rings that guarantee an opening crit and increase grit chance after kill. I'm not even to the first boss yet.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You should be able to find an accessory in nearly every large area. They can just be kind of hidden and odd to find, especially in areas with multiple floors.

The RNG in this game isn't the amount of items, it's what items you get there.

The only exception to that appears to be merchant spawns, so if you don't get a merchant spawn and someone else does, they'll likely have access to a few more thigs than you do (though that may be evened out by you getting a merchant later than someone else doesn't).

Abstrusity

Oct 27, 2017
A Resetera friend and I just duo'd The Risen -- what we did was control the mobs by popping the shocky boys and when we got swamped, spam breath of the desert. It probably would've worked best moving from place to place so we minimized the time the big boy was out, but it worked after...10 tries or so.

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
I like that I can kill a boss and then die from bleed a second later and it still counts.

Makes you want to keep trying even when you're sure you'll die.

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
How does multiplayer with randoms work? I have my game open but no one joins. I tried joining a game and it put me in a normal run, in a totally different zone from what I'm in. Does it not try to match you with people that are similarly progressed? You'd think it wouldn't put a hard mode player in with a normal one at the very least.

tragic

Developer
Verified
Nov 28, 2018
Austin, TX
Has the Reanimator, last boss and Swamp patch hit yet tragic? If not, any ETA please? I want to start a hard playthrough tonight.

Not yet. Still working on some other major stuff but should be really soon (trying for next couple days).

Is the endboss bugged?
I cant get the Nightmare to open his chest. Using crossbow or ruin...does not matter. Without that the fight is taking ages. Friend of mine has no problems. Also fuck the missing portals...

The fix for that should be in the build this evening.

You need to do 10% of his total health.

Any word on some of the issues getting fixed with the XB update? I'm about to double-dip.

Just uploaded a performance patch for XB a bit ago. MM should be fixed in the next patch (finally figured out the error).

Apologies for anyone affected by the rough edges. We are working hard to smooth them all out!!!

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Not yet. Still working on some other major stuff but should be really soon (trying for next couple days).

Thanks for the response. Could you also let me know if you're working on some QoL control options? For example Toggle/Hold for aiming and sprinting? I REALLY hate toggle sprint and it has got me killed multiple times.

Also, is there something wrong with the shadow implementation? Medium > Ultra has a 0 FPS impact, but going down to low gives me a whopping 50 FPS increase, so I'm currently running with everything on ultra and shadows on low. The funny thing is going down to low barely changes the visuals at all, so I don't know why it's such a massive frame rate boost.

Last edited:

TKRunningRiot

Oct 26, 2017

Just uploaded a performance patch for XB a bit ago. MM should be fixed in the next patch (finally figured out the error).

Apologies for anyone affected by the rough edges. We are working hard to smooth them all out!!!

Is the XP bug fixed in this patch?

May 22, 2018
Thanks for the heads up! Even though I was really bummed yesterday that I couldn't get these, I still bought the game because it just looked too damn good. Really nice to see the devs make it right.

Altairre

Oct 25, 2017
You know what I love in bossfights? Not paying any attention to the boss because I'm more worried about randomly spawning mobs that can chain their explosions and one shot me if I'm not looking in the right direction. Adds in bossfights to artificially increase the difficulty is one of my least favorite things in games like this (if the bosses are not specifically designed around an add mechanic). Game is fun otherwise but this really drags it down for me so far.

Oct 27, 2017
This game needs in-game text chat on PC in the worst way. A combination of a lack of communication with this style of checkpoints/players joining just doesn't work very well with public matchmaking.

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
22,000 people playing but not a single sod has joined my game. I've been standing outside a boss for like 15 minutes with no luck.

Bright

Sep 15, 2018
I'm enjoying this game so much. The shooting feels amazing. Just beat the main boss in the first world.

MrBungle26

Feb 20, 2018
Philadelphia, PA

Hope that fix includes the worst one. Beat the boss and he kept attacking, which I died. Re-spawned, got the material from the boss and now can't progress to finish the story at all. On top of dealing with the missing portals, which I had to restart numerous times, it really soured my enjoyment and I'm just going to take a break from the game till stuff gets sorted. This is on PC btw.

Overall though, it is an excellent game and I had a great time with it.

Hokey

Oct 29, 2017
Got this last night and was able to play after 12gb downloaded and I have to say after only a few minutes of playing I got those feels of the game being exactly what I've been waiting for since the original Left 4 Dead, the stormy intro and setting really got the atmosphere going off the bat and I was immediately wowed with how the combat feels (very weighty and solid). I was only able to clear the Reactor mission as I couldn't use the warp stone due to the game not having fully downloaded (33gb) but even that first battle with the AI where at one point we were both cornered but stood our ground and made a stand and damn was already getting that awesome feeling of fending off hordes of enemies with friends. I have 2 mates who also got the game yesterday and we've created a Whatsapp group for all discussion, can't wait to get into the 3 player co-op tonight!

Just want to say awesome work devs, there should really be more advertising behind this as so far it seems to be a bit of a sleeper but I will do my best to spread the word because I really wish there were more games like this.

One request.....would like an option to turn off the subtitles please.

OP
OP
Queen Of Hunting
Jun 14, 2019
New pc patch added voip with no in gane way ti disable, this old unreal tweak works tho

Navigate to here

LOCALAPPDATA%\Remnant\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor and open Engine.ini

Add these lines in that file. Also set to read only

[Voice]
bEnabled=False

[OnlineSubsystem]
bHasVoiceEnabled=False

Karak

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
New pc patch added voip with no in gane way ti disable, this old unreal tweak works tho

Navigate to here

LOCALAPPDATA%\Remnant\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor and open Engine.ini

Add these lines in that file. Also set to read only

[Voice]
bEnabled=False

[OnlineSubsystem]
bHasVoiceEnabled=False
There isn't a...slider or on off switch?