• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

JJD

Oct 25, 2017
It's much faster paced than Souls games are, just a heads up. There's less tit-for-tat pattern recognition with the enemies, and unless I am missing something, there is little to no penalty for dying. The enemies respawn, you retain all of the scrap and materials you've picked up, get kicked to the last crystal you rested at or the entry to the area, and you lose the progression on the weapon mod build up. Those refill as you use the weapon so it's not even a big deal. The structure of the game is completely different than Souls/Sekiro too.

Main hub -> Main world with multiple sectioned-off areas -> Sub dungeons in each area

The main world and dungeons are randomly generated, but remain the same each time you enter from the hub unless you reroll the campaign. Nothing too crazy though, the first area in your main world might have two sub dungeons while mine has one and it's all laid out differently.

Only reroll if you haven't upgraded your weapons though because it'll re-scale the enemies to +1 above your gear score. I kept rerolling to try and get some different loot early on because I couldn't beat the first boss I came across and ended up not being able to upgrade my gear without grinding forever. Restarted with a new character because of it.

Still love it though...16 hours in since Friday. It just feels so damn good to play.

Thank you for the post friend!

OP
OP
Queen Of Hunting
Jun 14, 2019
the reanimator boss fight is stupid solo.

8 mobs, 3 statues around room u have to destroy that all have alot of health. and constantly respawn mobs 3 of the 8mobs all teleport to you and they also explode on death.

Truant

Oct 28, 2017
What's the post-launch support on this? This (unfortunately) looks like one of those games that will be amazing in a year or so.

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
IXILLIS is absolutely awful, I just run out of ammo? What are you supposed to do if you can't afford to buy ammo boxes?

Danteyke223

Banned
Oct 24, 2018
IXILLIS is absolutely awful, I just run out of ammo? What are you supposed to do if you can't afford to buy ammo boxes?
Go farm in the swamp. Thats the best i figured out. IM stuck on Undying King and it is so annoying that nobody joins me mid game on xbox. Are the servers dead or just not working?!

Oct 29, 2017
It's much faster paced than Souls games are, just a heads up. There's less tit-for-tat pattern recognition with the enemies, and unless I am missing something, there is little to no penalty for dying. The enemies respawn, you retain all of the scrap and materials you've picked up, get kicked to the last crystal you rested at or the entry to the area, and you lose the progression on the weapon mod build up. Those refill as you use the weapon so it's not even a big deal. The structure of the game is completely different than Souls/Sekiro too.

Main hub -> Main world with multiple sectioned-off areas -> Sub dungeons in each area

The main world and dungeons are randomly generated, but remain the same each time you enter from the hub unless you reroll the campaign. Nothing too crazy though, the first area in your main world might have two sub dungeons while mine has one and it's all laid out differently.

Only reroll if you haven't upgraded your weapons though because it'll re-scale the enemies to +1 above your gear score. I kept rerolling to try and get some different loot early on because I couldn't beat the first boss I came across and ended up not being able to upgrade my gear without grinding forever. Restarted with a new character because of it.

Still love it though...16 hours in since Friday. It just feels so damn good to play.

Can you elaborate on what reroll means in this context? I am playing the game, and I feel like I am reading another language when I'm trying to understand how some of these mechanics work. Maybe because I'm not super familiar with the genre.

How do you "reroll the campaign?"

Suedemaker

Linked the Fire
Jun 4, 2019
Can you elaborate on what reroll means in this context? I am playing the game, and I feel like I am reading another language when I'm trying to understand how some of these mechanics work. Maybe because I'm not super familiar with the genre.

How do you "reroll the campaign?"
When you interact with the crystal in Ward 13, there is an option I think called "World Status" or something like that (on mobile at work so I can't hop in and check). If you choose to "reroll", it clears all progress in the campaign and you can select a new difficulty. When you do this, the game is randomized again so the world layout changes along with the loot available in the world. If you've progressed to other world's, you'd need to go through the city again to get back where you were.

Your stats and everything associated with the character remains the same. So, if you've upgraded your gear, all of the enemies will now be one level higher than you, increasing the difficulty a la "New Game +"

Oct 29, 2017
When you interact with the crystal in Ward 13, there is an option I think called "World Status" or something like that (on mobile at work so I can't hop in and check). If you choose to "reroll", it clears all progress in the campaign and you can select a new difficulty. When you do this, the game is randomized again so the world layout changes along with the loot available in the world. If you've progressed to other world's, you'd need to go through the city again to get back where you were.

Your stats and everything associated with the character remains the same. So, if you've upgraded your gear, all of the enemies will now be one level higher than you, increasing the difficulty a la "New Game +"

Thank you. That makes sense. I am not very far, and have basically just been progressing sequentially (doing some solo, and some as 2nd player in a friend's game). I haven't really looked at the crystal's options much yet, and have only used it to travel to and from Ward 13.

With this game, there is a lot of lingo that I feel like I am playing catch up on. "Re roll" seemed kinda intuitive, but I didn't know where the option to do that was or if I was doing something wrong. I also had no idea what "adds" meant until I figured it out through context. I dunno if my old 30 year old brain can't keep up, but there has been a lot that I've had to figure out with this title lol. I have been enjoying it though.

Any game that specifically was created not including microtransactions or loot grinding is a win in my book. The way loot is handled in this game is so much better than the the slot pull nature of a game like Destiny.

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Go farm in the swamp. That's the best I figured out. IM stuck on Undying King and it is so annoying that nobody joins me mid game on Xbox. Are the servers dead or just not working?!
Run through an area in say the swamp once and get 2000+ scrap

I think having to farm scrap to buy ammo crates just so you have enough ammo to kill the boss is horrible design, I don't like it at all. I managed to kill it with the crates I had, but if I had run out I would have been pissed. I would definitely add some breakables with ammo onto the bridge to fix this.

Danteyke223

Banned
Oct 24, 2018
I think having to farm scrap to buy ammo crates just so you have enough ammo to kill the boss is horrible design, I don't like it at all. I managed to kill it with the crates I had, but if I had run out I would have been pissed. I would definitely add some breakables with ammo onto the bridge to fix this.
The white glowy orb things sometimes drop ammo but yes it is weird

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
One small QoL thing I'd like to see added is the ability to zoom in on the map, it's quite small when you press M.

Danteyke223

Banned
Oct 24, 2018
tragic Love the game and enjoy the combat. Playing on Xbox but up to my 20ish hours nobody has joined my session, and it seems when i go and search for a session it is just ticking away. Is this a bug? Should I reinstall ? or wait for the patch at this point for the fix on consoles?

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
tragic You owe me 1 Tome of Knowledge, this one spawned under the floor.

tXyOdjK.jpg

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
So, question. The "weakpoints" have nothing to do with actual aiming? It works like an RPG "critical hit chance" not a headshot thing?

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So, question. The "weakpoints" have nothing to do with actual aiming? It works like an RPG "critical hit chance" not a headshot thing?
No, crits and weakpoints are different things.

Weakpoints are weak spots on enemies. Crits are random determined by a crit chance percentage. Every weapon appears to have like a 5% crit chance.

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Has anyone managed to kill The Reanimator solo? It doesn't seem possible to me, there are so many adds you never get any time to actually damage the idols.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
I assume a day 1 patch is coming? Devs mentioned a console optimization patch. I'll wait for the PS4 pro impressions

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Guys I'm totally lost, can someone tell me exactly where to go? I'm on this quest... Found it.

z2j01Jk.png

I've tried both portals in the Labyrinth which is where it says to go so I'm stumped.

Last edited:

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I had to use one ammo crate with the boss. Used a hunting rifle +10 and the hot shot mod. Some Spitfire +5 peppered in there too.

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I had to use one ammo crate with the boss. Used a hunting rifle +10 and the hot shot mod. Some Spitfire +5 peppered in there too.

Yeah, I only needed one crate too, I just don't like that you NEED an ammo crate or you can't do it, at least I can't see how, my guns were all 10+ and it's not like I'm missing loads.

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
in some places of the desert area the game become basically a pure tps lol.

when in some areas you have 2 light door with the arrow up icon how do you choose where to go?

tragic

Developer
Verified
Nov 28, 2018
Austin, TX
Hi all, sorry for the late replies. Been going HAM working on fixes and tweaks for stuff that came in over the weekend. =)

tragic Love the game and enjoy the combat. Playing on Xbox but up to my 20ish hours nobody has joined my session, and it seems when i go and search for a session it is just ticking away. Is this a bug? Should I reinstall ? or wait for the patch at this point for the fix on consoles?

Awaiting a fix. Apologies on that one!!!

tragic You owe me 1 Tome of Knowledge, this one spawned under the floor.

tXyOdjK.jpg

I award you +1 Trait Book!

tragic said its getting changed in a patch to have less adds n stuff so thats good

Yeah, turns out this one was a little too hard for most. We will adjust!

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Yeah, I only needed one crate too, I just don't like that you NEED an ammo crate or you can't do it, at least I can't see how, my guns were all 10+ and it's not like I'm missing loads.
The game does put 2 ammo boxes outside the fight room for you. I don't really have anything against them putting in one boss that requires you to actually engage with the consumables.

tragic

Developer
Verified
Nov 28, 2018
Austin, TX
The game does put 2 ammo boxes outside the fight room for you. I don't really have anything against them putting in one boss that requires you to actually engage with the consumables.

Also, it was tuned so it could be defeated on Normal difficulty, Solo, with the Repeater Pistol and any of the 3 starting weapons, without additional ammo (you just have to be extremely efficient). The ammo boxes are there to help out because eventually people learn the mechanics and get more efficient at it/

Casper

Oct 25, 2017
Afternoon (here) tragic Thank you as always for taking the time to address things here and elsewhere. I am not sure if you have already touched on this, but it looks like my pre-load on PS4 is at version 1.02. Do you know if this contains any of the fixes that are being discussed as having been addressed in the first patch? Curious what issues launch PS4 will be avoiding that X1/PC had if this is the most recent patch.

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Is the last boss bugged?
Sometimes he doesn't spawn any portals in the dark zone, it has happened twice in a row :/

tragic

Developer
Verified
Nov 28, 2018
Austin, TX
Afternoon (here) tragic Thank you as always for taking the time to address things here and elsewhere. I am not sure if you have already touched on this, but it looks like my pre-load on PS4 is at version 1.02. Do you know if this contains any of the fixes that are being discussed as having been addressed in the first patch? Curious what issues launch PS4 will be avoiding that X1/PC had if this is the most recent patch.

I actually don't know what's in the PS4 version right now, but I can find out!

Darkmaigle

Oct 25, 2017
Ok I've defended the whole add thing until this reanimator fight. This just isn't tuned well and is a fucking joke. Not to mention it's killing my frames on Xbox. Sheesh.