• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

phant0m

Oct 29, 2017
Played a couple hours this afternoon, have a few complaints:

• Please can we have infinite stamina in the "base"? walking between all the vendors and floors takes forever.
  • Bleeding mechanic isn't fun. The idea is ok, but it lasts way too fucking long and really punishes solo players.
  • Along the same lines, I felt like I constantly needed to use consumables to negate negative status effects that seemed unavoidable.

I have a few friends that might pick it up, if so I might keep it, otherwise I will probably refund. Liked the concept, but didn't find it fun enough as a solo player. I tried 2 public sessions and the other players were just fucking around in the base for 10+ minutes so I left.

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
The game scaling to the highest player is really deflating.

Why can't these things just scale to the lowest player...

Now I have to either wait until my friends are caught up or just play solo. Doesn't feel good to be forced into either of those.

Dec 23, 2017
Regret buying this on the xbox. Even with a OneX I get frame drops in a lot of places, and I don't have any friends to play this with so I'm stuck trying to solo. At least the terrible xp helps explain part of it, which means I probably won't even bother trying to play it until next week.

Boss adds for solo on normal need tuning, and they feel inconsistent. Looking at streams, really feels like the fights are tuned for co-op.

The first boss I fought was gore something, who is just a charge you with a sword dude but spawns explodey adds. So frustrating I gave up and re-rolled, got Shroud. First three fights, near infinite respawning roots without any time to breathe or fight the boss. Fourth time, they came at me in manageable waves. I don't know if it's a bug or I'm not understanding something about bosses. I'm now at the Mangler and having the same problem, the adds just never stop spawning, and the fights I'm seeing on youtube look way more manageable than what I'm getting.

tragic

Developer
Verified
Nov 28, 2018
Austin, TX
Regret buying this on the xbox. Even with a OneX I get frame drops in a lot of places, and I don't have any friends to play this with so I'm stuck trying to solo. At least the terrible xp helps explain part of it, which means I probably won't even bother trying to play it until next week.

Boss adds for solo on normal need tuning, and they feel inconsistent. Looking at streams, really feels like the fights are tuned for co-op.

The first boss I fought was gore something, who is just a charge you with a sword dude but spawns explodey adds. So frustrating I gave up and re-rolled, got Shroud. First three fights, near infinite respawning roots without any time to breathe or fight the boss. Fourth time, they came at me in manageable waves. I don't know if it's a bug or I'm not understanding something about bosses. I'm now at the Mangler and having the same problem, the adds just never stop spawning, and the fights I'm seeing on youtube look way more manageable than what I'm getting.

Every fight in the game was tested solo on Normal and Hard before we even started turning stuff for co-op. It's certainly more challenging in some aspects due to the lack of revive in single player.

If the fight is looking more manageable for other players, definitely check out what loadout they are using and also their method to tackle the challenge. I've seen two diff players get the same exact/identical fight (same spawns, same amount of adds) and one player beat it first try and thought the game was easy, and another try 15 times until they beat it, and thought the game was way too hard. It's definitely hard to balance for everyone.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
I made a post on reddit regarding the level scaling in case anyone was interested. Hopefully that's OK to post!

Awesome post, super informative read :) I'm at the final boss but my co-op partner has called it quits for the night so going to tackle it again tomorrow morning (after we died a few times tonight). Can't wait to re-roll and start exploring differently generated versions of all the worlds, especially with this knowledge about level scaling.

tragic

Developer
Verified
Nov 28, 2018
Austin, TX
Awesome post, super informative read :) I'm at the final boss but my co-op partner has called it quits for the night so going to tackle it again tomorrow morning (after we died a few times tonight). Can't wait to re-roll and start exploring differently generated versions of all the worlds, especially with this knowledge about level scaling.

Hey thanks. I really wanted to clear some stuff up. Wanted to make sure that people knew if they rolled into an area that seemed TOO hard, not all hope is lost. You can always come back because the zone level is SET permanently. If you get rocked in a dungeon, take a breather, go kill some other stuff, buy or earn some resources, power up, then go back and WRECK SHOP.

Karlinel

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Mallorca, Spain
That damn Shroud guy and its bleed is becoming very annoying, teleporting enemies with adds are the worst. After 5 tries only got it to around half health, so i guess I'll have to farm....for the first boss....Man as i get old I just suck at games.

Negatorous

Jul 14, 2018
I just read on Steam that if I preorder today I can immediately start playing? I thought this came out on the 20th (the Steam/PC version)

Sky87

Oct 27, 2017
Just beat The Harrow, i can imagine the add swarming is going to be a real test for some people. Definitely doable though.

Kurt Russell

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
tragic any chance of changing the way
Undying King
currently works?
Having to trigger the fight every time is getting on my nerves (and you need to talk quite a bit, and if you mash skip, you might end up saying "yes" and cancelling the fight, even if you don't have the heart anymore, so you gotta talk again, etc)

Also, this time around I'm definitely feeling that the adds are a big detriment to the fight, considering the boss has another trick up his sleeve.

SFLUFAN

Oct 27, 2017
Alexandria, VA
Just posted in the game's Discord server:

"We are currently recommending that you save a back copy of your save if you are on PC. Here is where you can find it!
To find your current save:
- Choose the drive you installed Remnant on in File Explorer and select 'View'.
- Check the box that reads "Hidden items.
- From there, navigate to Users > AppData > Local > Remnant > Saved > SaveGames - Copy the 'profile.sav' & any save files to your desktop 'save_#.sav'."

Karak

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A crash at the wrong time can kill your save completely (game will no longer load the save).
If you are unlucky it will also get synced to the cloud and you can only restart from scratch.
Oh sorry ya I have had that one for the review. Sorry I thought it was another new thing. Thanks!

Kudo

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone know what's up the the quest "A Tale of two Liz's"?
There's door in the area that's locked with equipment inside but no key.

Hispanicguy

Oct 25, 2017
Saw and read very little about this game but I was interested.

Picked it up on PC and it did not disappoint! Such a fun game. Great work!

I also agree on having infinite stamina while at the base.

DrScissorsMD

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 19, 2019
Anyone know what's up the the quest "A Tale of two Liz's"?
There's door in the area that's locked with equipment inside but no key.
Did you save the Liz's? I saved both and each gave me a key, you only need one key to unlock the door and there was a neat gun inside. I think getting a second key is just a bug, I couldn't find a second locked door.
Edit: after you save one/both of them, go talk to them and they'll give you the key(s).

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I have absolutely destroyed every single boss I have come across so far and I am in world 3.
I am playing the whole game solo, on normal.
I really don't get the add problems. If your weapons and armor are properly leveled and you have points in vigor and endurance, you can basically do whatever you want.

Smoolio

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
There is the vendor in town, Ash? that sells Iron and Forged Iron limited quantity when we go back to town, in coop this is not shared so its a race each port to go buy it.

Fucking dumb honestly.

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I have absolutely destroyed every single boss I have come across so far and I am in world 3.
I am playing the whole game solo, on normal.
I really don't get the add problems. If your weapons and armor are properly leveled and you have points in vigor and endurance, you can basically do whatever you want.

Good to hear this.

Oct 25, 2017
Playing on Hard with three people and I'm having a blast so far. First boss took a good 10-15 tries due to exploding adds, but it still felt really fair.

Deleted member 56580

User requested account closure
Banned
May 8, 2019
Just got Ruin and Devastator

goddamn that crossbow is glorious, haven't played something that fun since gears of war 2 easily. For those wondering, mods with dps properties actually crit ! the one sending locked radiation projectiles is naaaaastyyyy

drewfonse

Oct 28, 2017
That damn Shroud guy and its bleed is becoming very annoying, teleporting enemies with adds are the worst. After 5 tries only got it to around half health, so i guess I'll have to farm....for the first boss....Man as i get old I just suck at games.

Me, last night.

That Bleed effect is too stronk. And it fills up so fast. And it takes forever to dissipate.

Buy Bandages at the home base, but yeah, Bleed sucks.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
I made a post on reddit regarding the level scaling in case anyone was interested. Hopefully that's OK to post!

Wait.... So there is a very obvious exploit then?

1. Go to next area---> don't upgrade weapons and gear---> go back to ward 13 to upgrade gear---> then profit??? They will always be weaker than you?

2. Or even better: switch characters to a new character ---> go-to next level---> switch back to leveled character----> profit?

Can we even do that second example? Still tho, holy shit. Perhaps it would've probably been a better idea to just follow dark souls route and how they did each area?

Thanks for the clarification tho.

Kitokys

Nov 29, 2017
My Co-Op buddy has an issue in-game where the audio is screwed up; can't really hear NPCs talking, and footsteps aren't really there. Any tips?

Darkmaigle

Oct 25, 2017
Hey I'm in the swamp and there's a special enemy whose health gets low and then just becomes invulnerable to everything and then gets all his life back. How do I kill this sucker?

Deleted member 9100

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

1. Go to next area---> don't upgrade weapons and gear---> go back to ward 13 to upgrade gear---> then profit??? They will always be weaker than you?

2. Or even better: switch characters to a new character ---> go-to next level---> switch back to leveled character----> profit?

Can we even do that second example? Still tho, holy shit. Perhaps it would've probably been a better idea to just follow dark souls route and how they did each area?

Don't know about #2, but for #1, I'm assuming it would work for that zone, but then the next zone will just be your level.

This is why I hate scaling in games. You get more powerful but it's meaningless. I wish I had known about the scaling and the adds in all the boss fights before hand. I would not have bought it.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
We are also stuck with shit xp on Xbox until the patch drops. After 13 hours in only trait 25 because you only get 3 xp per kill.

wait, Xbox xp gain is bugged? Welp.....guess it's drop the game and why bother atm

broken matchmaking, bugged xp and sometimes I don't think item sharing works because one time picking up a potion will give to all players and another only the person who picked it up got it.

tragic also can we get separate ammo drops for each player instead of the current system where the man spamming pickup gets it only?

Last edited:

tragic

Developer
Verified
Nov 28, 2018
Austin, TX

#1 is not an exploit. It is intentional. We want every new zone you go into to be more challenging. However, we found that very often players would go into a new zone, then go back to town to level up to prepare for the next zone because there is a warp right there at the start. It ends up working out.

#2: Won't work because the campaign is based on that specific character.

Hey I'm in the swamp and there's a special enemy whose health gets low and then just becomes invulnerable to everything and then gets all his life back. How do I kill this sucker?

wait, Xbox xp gain is bugged? Welp.....guess it's drop the game and why bother atm

broken matchmaking, bugged xp and sometimes I don't think item sharing works because one time picking up a potion will give to all players and another only the person who picked it up got it.

tragic also can we get separate ammo drops for each player instead of the current system where the man spamming pickup gets it only?

You get way more EXP from quests (which aren't affected). That being said, it's definitely an annoying bug. Apoligies for that!

As for ammo drops, you can also just buy ammo boxes. They are insanely cheap (200 scrap) and auto fill AND auto reload both of your weapons faster than it takes to eat a Dragon Heart.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
#1 is not an exploit. It is intentional. We want every new zone you go into to be more challenging. However, we found that very often players would go into a new zone, then go back to town to level up to prepare for the next zone because there is a warp right there at the start. It ends up working out.

#2: Won't work because the campaign is based on that specific character.

You get way more EXP from quests (which aren't affected). That being said, it's definitely an annoying bug. Apoligies for that!

As for ammo drops, you can also just buy ammo boxes. They are insanely cheap (200 scrap) and auto fill AND auto reload both of your weapons faster than it takes to eat a Dragon Heart.

Hm.......maybe it's time to buy some ammo boxes and just let the guy running around waste all his 😂

KamenRiderEra

Oct 25, 2017
Please
I made a post on reddit...
Can I humbly request a simple feature? A complete 180 turn with the press of a button on controller. Something like Resident Remake 2 has. Playing with a controller is more satisfying for me, even on PC. However the slow turning is terrible to react when enemies surprises you. A fast 180 on controller would do wonders to mitigate this. RE2 uses down on the left stick + B (or circle) for example.

tragic

Developer
Verified
Nov 28, 2018
Austin, TX
Please

Can I humbly request a simple feature? A complete 180 turn with the press of a button on controller. Something like Resident Remake 2 has. Playing with a controller is more satisfying for me, even on PC. However the slow turning is terrible to react when enemies surprises you. A fast 180 on controller would do wonders to mitigate this. RE2 uses down on the left stick + B (or circle) for example.

What I do (when I play controller) is set my turn speed high, my aim speed lower, and my scope speed lowest. You don't need to turn slow when just exploring, so you can use it as a quick turn. Being able to turn fast out of aim mode is specifically why we separated all of those settings.

Kurt Russell

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
What I do (when I play controller) is set my turn speed high, my aim speed lower, and my scope speed lowest. You don't need to turn slow when just exploring, so you can use it as a quick turn. Being able to turn fast out of aim mode is specifically why we separated all of those settings.

Unrelated, but any hopes of the way the
Undying King
boss fight is activated changing?
Right now if you lose, you must talk to him in order to trigger the fight, again and again and again. Can't even mash buttons to skip dialogue because the default option is "yes, I'll give you the heart" even if you can't do that anymore because you gave it to the other character.
It's really annoying me, up to the point where I stopped playing (I don't really like the way the fight works either, since the boss has a specific gimmick that coupled with the adds gets really old by the third time you are attempting it, but that's another story).