• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
tragic, intentional that rerolling world / campaign also increases level of enemies by X with each roll?

I watched Bahroo to reroll his campaign few times as he wanted to get The Heart encounter and he apparently has now totally ruined his save. Enemies way over level him and one shot him with ease.

If it really levels up enemies even beyond yours actual level with rerolls there should be warning about that in-game.
Must be a bug. I remember Tragic explaining that rerolling should just get them a bit higher than your current ilvl

tragic

Developer
Verified
Nov 28, 2018
Austin, TX
tragic, intentional that rerolling world / campaign also increases level of enemies by X with each roll?

I watched Bahroo to reroll his campaign few times as he wanted to get The Heart encounter and he apparently has now totally ruined his save. Enemies way over level him and one shot him with ease.

If it really levels up enemies even beyond yours actual level with rerolls there should be warning about that in-game.

Any time you zone into a new area for the first time, it levels up to you +1. If you finish the game at level 15 or so, then reroll City, City will be 15+1 (so Level 16).

No one's save should be ruined. The game will constantly NG+ the next zone.

thonerayman

Oct 27, 2017

I don't know if it's intentional but it did it in my game as well. I rerolled twice and holy shit it's harder than before even with upgraded gear. Maybe it's because xp isn't working exactly right so people aren't earning traits very fast at all

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Any time you zone into a new area for the first time, it levels up to you +1. If you finish the game at level 15 or so, then reroll City, City will be 15+1 (so Level 16).

But he just said that Admiralbahroo, a big streamer, has been re-rolling his game over and over and each time it leveled up the zone by +1 even though his items haven't changed. So now the enemies are too strong for him to beat.

thonerayman

Oct 27, 2017

Wait is this just for rerolling or anytime you zone into a new place? If so what's the point in leveling up if everytime you go to the next area its not only going to level up but it's going to level up past you? And since Items only go to +20 then eventually things will always be stronger than you.

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Anyone else having some stutter when turning the camera with KB+M? It makes the game feel choppy. With a controller it's fine.

tragic

Developer
Verified
Nov 28, 2018
Austin, TX
But he just said that Admiralbahroo, a big streamer, has been re-rolling his game over and over and each time it leveled up the zone by +1 even though his items haven't changed. So now the enemies are too strong for him to beat.

I'd have to see the VOD. I've never seen it do anything but roll new zones to +1 to your current power level. I'd have to see what power level he is, what armor/gear he has, and see if it truely is doing that, or he has a really high weighted level (like getting a +15 gun but having +9 armor), spawning a zone aat +16, and getting hit too hard because you are taking 60% additional DMG.

fiskyfisko

Mar 23, 2018
I used the repeating rifle with the fire mod for the boss, as it does a lot of damage during that specific phase (when the boss starts using the barrage, it reveals a huge weak point on its back) and then rolled, shot, rolled, shot, rolled, shot, with each roll baiting the exploding enemies so they'd get caught in the barrage. SMG during the non-barrage parts, in order to get rid of the enemies without wasting stamina and being open to any sudden changes.

I killed it on the first try with coop buddy on normal easily. On hard solo with those almost one shot exploding guys it's just feels cheap.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN

He rerolled campaing something like 5 or 6 times, would that affect how it behaves? Ran to Heart spot => reroll.

I'd have to see the VOD. I've never seen it do anything but roll new zones to +1 to your current power level. I'd have to see what power level he is, what armor/gear he has, and see if it truely is doing that, or he has a really high weighted level (like getting a +15 gun but having +9 armor), spawning a zone aat +16, and getting hit too hard because you are taking 60% additional DMG.

If you have time you can check his reroll adventure starting from this: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/468501815?t=08m31s

Edit: Goes to 1h mark. His reasoning on reroll is best seen from 50 to 60 mark as he talks about his reasoning.

Hassansan

Oct 27, 2017
Silky and Riddler , thanks friends!
I did beat that place with the +5 Coach Gun and an adrenaline boost + staying away from the root mother instead of being a bodyguard.

Anyone else having some stutter when turning the camera with KB+M? It makes the game feel choppy. With a controller it's fine.
I am having that weird stutter too with the kb/m, but haven't tried the controller yet.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
So... I have two pieces of the Radiant Armor set that I purchased from a merchant, where is the helmet? Do I have to reroll and find the helmet at a rerolled merchant?

The radiant armor for anyone interested btw is this one (on the right of the image)
tMgDcgC.png

Also just equipping the chest and leg armor puts me at 58 weight and puts the encumbrance at Heavy. Anyway to mitigate this? Similar to upgrading specific stats in dark souls so you can move more easily with heavy armor on.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
So... I have two pieces of the Radiant Armor set that I purchased from a merchant, where is the helmet? Do I have to reroll and find the helmet at a rerolled merchant?

The radiant armor for anyone interested btw is this one (on the right of the image)

Also just equipping the chest and leg armor puts me at 58 weight and puts the encumbrance at Heavy. Anyway to mitigate this? Similar to upgrading specific stats in dark souls so you can move more easily with heavy armor on.
If you wear heavy armor, you don't get to dodge as well. That's how the game is balanced.
There is a ring that lowers encumberance. Maybe even a trait?
But don't expect to be able to do light rolls in Havel's :P

mjc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Played about a half hour of this last night until the game bugged and wouldn't move past a dialogue scene. Interested to play more tonight but that was kind of a bummer.

drewfonse

Oct 28, 2017
World WarZ is currently on sale on PSN...for those who played both is this better in coop then Z...longer ? me and a friend are hesitating between this and Z...the difficulty in this is making us hesitate the fact that its 52 bucks Canadian...Z is 33 right now.

They are both fun, I like that WWZ has like 6 difficulties. Something for everyone.

Devs say around 15 hours, depending on how fast you are.
basically how much you explore and how much you grind and die.
I'm about 6 hours in and arrived at the second world. There are 4 worlds. So i take it around 15 hours will work for me.

Of course after beating it, you should then replay it cause you won't see all content or all items/bosses in one playthrough

How do you grind in this game?

Hopefully I'll have better luck either having randoms join me or me joining them, zero joins in 3 hours on Xbox, Public setting.

Shroud took me 2 hours to solo. If that's indicative of future Bosses, this game may be too rich for my blood...

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I've played about 45 minutes and the game could use some QoL changes. For one the stamina meter, you shouldn't deplete stamina while in safe zones, and it should deplete slowly whilst out of combat, as it stands now it just makes travelling feel quite slow and clunky IMO. Another change I'd like is auto-loot, it seems really pointless having to spam E after every fight, walking over scrap, iron etc should be enough. I'd also like an audio option to disable protagonist chatter, listening to him to say "whoa, that was a close one" for the 100th time is going to get old really fast.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
How do you grind in this game?
Weapons need Iron. You can reset stuff to get enemies to spawn again, they can drop scrap and such. You can also use scrap to buy iron from Ash the NPC. I'm not sure "grinding" is the right word, but you can absolutely redo areas and enemies to get your weapons and armor up before moving on.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Has anyone come across a 5-bell puzzle with a deer statue behind them? Can't seem to figure this one out or see any clues for it.

izj0Sgp.jpg

Last edited:

thonerayman

Oct 27, 2017
Weapons need Iron. You can reset stuff to get enemies to spawn again, they can drop scrap and such. You can also use scrap to buy iron from Ash the NPC. I'm not sure "grinding" is the right word, but you can absolutely redo areas and enemies to get your weapons and armor up before moving on.
True. But you only need to make sure you are above the minimum level for each zone. After that it just scales so all that upgrading to your weapons doesn't help. You literally can't put upgrade an area. It's impossible. But it was designed that way.

Last edited:

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
True. But you only need to make sure you are above the minimum level for each zone. After that it just scales so all that upgrading to your weapons doesn't help.
If you look at your advanced stats, you can see whether you are below, equal or above a zones enemies in offense and defensive. being above the enemies definitely has you do more damage and take less.
it's also why you should try to upgrade after reaching a new area instead of before. that way the enemies are scaled to +1 of your old gear and you have an advantage in upgrading

thonerayman

Oct 27, 2017
If you look at your advanced stats, you can see whether you are below, equal or above a zones enemies in offense and defensive. being above the enemies definitely has you do more damage and take less.
Yes but you can't be above the enemy in both. And it's hard to be above them in one. Straight from tragic the enemies scale to you. It's designed that way. Right now I'm just past mother. I've got +9 armor across the board and it's to low.

Deleted member 9100

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
That's annoying that the new zones just scale to your level + 1. Kind of takes away the point of leveleling and upgrading.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Damn, this game relies too heavily on loads of adds for bosses and negative status effects to make things harder.

Also, if we take down an elite, more ammo drops please? Sucks to drop 20 rounds on some big brute and get a few back.

tragic

Developer
Verified
Nov 28, 2018
Austin, TX
Damn, this game relies too heavily on loads of adds for bosses and negative status effects to make things harder.

Also, if we take down an elite, more ammo drops please? Sucks to drop 20 rounds on some big brute and get a few back.

We allow players to get a larger advantage over the enemies with mods, set bonuses, items, traits, etc. Using the gun every time isn't always the best option, and melee is also "free". It's just one of our trade-offs.

Doc Kelso

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I'm really enjoying joining public games and looking at someone's armor/weapon and just going: "What the fuck that's rad how'd they get that." There's a particularly strong rifle that I keep seeing and I have no idea where people got it. It looks like it's made out of wood?

Hellshy

Nov 5, 2017
Game is pretty fun solo. Just now hitting s smsll wall at mother root .

Can someone tell me when i can expect to find armor and weapons? I have a few items and one helmit from killing some dude but that's it.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
We allow players to get a larger advantage over the enemies with mods, set bonuses, items, traits, etc. Using the gun every time isn't always the best option, and melee is also "free". It's just one of our trade-offs.
That sounds great but since the majority of things are RNG based, not everyone is going into the same zone with the same loadout. Also, it seems that many of the early mods are...um...so-so.

Also, whats with gunner enemies predictivity shooting you when you come around corners lol.

thonerayman

Oct 27, 2017
is this fun in single player? or is it mostly onlu fun in mp like Monster Hunter?
I've got 16 hours in pure solo. It is fun but the bosses are annoying as fuck. I've literally just been running around trying to do events because the bosses are unfun. And this is coming from someone who only played Soulsborne games because I loved fighting the bosses.

tragic

Developer
Verified
Nov 28, 2018
Austin, TX
That sounds great but since the majority of things are RNG based, not everyone is going into the same zone with the same loadout. Also, it seems that many of the early mods are...um...so-so.

Also, whats with gunner enemies predictivity shooting you when you come around corners lol.

Very true, but you can beat the entire game with the Repeater Pistol and either of the starting longguns and mods - all of which are available at the beginning of the game for a small scrap cost.

Schierke Mori

Oct 28, 2017
After sitting on it for a bit, have to agree with others about the boss battles. The adds really put a damper on otherwise cool boss designs and mechanics.

I'm more fighting the adds than I am the boss, which undermines the entire experience.

But..I will say the adds in co-op are necessary, but in solo, it becomes a huge chore.

Charpunk

Oct 25, 2017
I wish I knew the boss encounters were going to be add fests going in, because I probably would have held off buying it. It's really ruining the experience for me so far in a game I otherwise enjoy. This mangler fight is a huge pain in the ass with the constant rot explosions as well as non stop spawning adds.

Deleted member 13645

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wish I knew the boss encounters were going to be add fests going in, because I probably would have held off buying it. It's really ruining the experience for me so far in a game I otherwise enjoy. This mangler fight is a huge pain in the ass with the constant rot explosions as well as non stop spawning adds.

Yeah the mangler was really tough. I ended up having to just play it super safe until I killed one round of adds, then popped my SMG's fire mod and one of the items that boosts fire rate, and tried to gun down the boss as fast as I could. Barely scraped by at the last moment, it was very close.

Deleted member 9100

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Agreed. The bosses aren't tough, it's dealing with the adds that's a lot tougher. I'm sure it'd be easier playing co op, but since matchmaking is broken on Xbox I'm stuck doing them solo.

Charpunk

Oct 25, 2017
Agreed. The bosses aren't tough, it's dealing with the adds that's a lot tougher. I'm sure it'd be easier playing co op, but since matchmaking is broken on Xbox I'm stuck doing them solo.

I wound up going PC and even having my game set to public I have yet to see anyone. I wish there was a way to summon random people as no one I know picked this up.

thonerayman

Oct 27, 2017

We are also stuck with shit xp on Xbox until the patch drops. After 13 hours in only trait 25 because you only get 3 xp per kill.