• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ldcommando

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
question: is ps4 getting the early weekend playing thing with the pre order? You still can´t buy the game on psn

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
i only have two questions:

are 1080p60frames rock solid doable with a gtx1070-8600k-16gb ram?
it's easy to find random players on pc with the matchmaking?

thanks.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Oct 27, 2017
i only have two questions:

are 1080p60frames rock solid doable with a gtx1070-8600k-16gb ram?
it's easy to find random players on pc with the matchmaking?

thanks.
I'm running an i5 8600k OC'd at like 4.2 Ghz and a GTX 1080 and I'm running it at a near-constant 60fps at 1440p completely maxed out. Thermals are looking good and everything. Enjoy.

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
I'm running an i5 8600k OC'd at like 4.2 Ghz and a GTX 1080 and I'm running it at a near-constant 60fps at 1440p completely maxed out. Thermals are looking good and everything. Enjoy.
my cpu is stock frequences and my gpu is weaker but i'm okay with full-hd, do you think i can maxed out with a rock solid framerate?

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
Almost finished with the first zone and nothing's really jumping out at me that makes me feel like there's gonna be an endgame, is there a reason to keep replaying later on? Or is it just to get any missing drops that didn't spawn on your initial campaign? I'm having alot of fun with the game regardless, but I always love me some endgame to give me a reason to keep playing once I finish a game's story.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Almost finished with the first zone and nothing's really jumping out at me that makes me feel like there's gonna be an endgame, is there a reason to keep replaying later on? Or is it just to get any missing drops that didn't spawn on your initial campaign? I'm having alot of fun with the game regardless, but I always love me some endgame to give me a reason to keep playing once I finish a game's story.
The game is basically built around seeing content like bosses you haven't seen yet or finding weapons/mods you haven't seen yet.
The higher difficulties are purely for fun and if you want to have a challenge again.
This isn't supposed to be a game you grind and grind for ages.
Just a story game with replayability.

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
The game is basically built around seeing content like bosses you haven't seen yet or finding weapons/mods you haven't seen yet.
The higher difficulties are purely for fun and if you want to have a challenge again.
This isn't supposed to be a game you grind and grind for ages.
Just a story game with replayability.
Alrighty, thanks for clearing that up. Been having alot of fun regardless and I'm eager to see just how much changes once I reroll the world when I'm done with it.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Alrighty, thanks for clearing that up. Been having alot of fun regardless and I'm eager to see just how much changes once I reroll the world when I'm done with it.
Remember that it's not guaranteed that everything changes if you re-roll. The game doesn't go "oh he has seen Boss A, so now I must spawn Boss B!". it could theoretically happen that you see the same bosses again as in your last playthrough. However there is lots of other stuff too, like dungeons and such, which don't always show up. And even NPCs and events can be random.

aember

Oct 26, 2017
We encountered a merchant on a buddy's world that was selling two pieces of armor - the chest and the legs, but the set has a 3-piece bonus. I wonder if the merchant content is also based on the world roll?

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
We encountered a merchant on a buddy's world that was selling two pieces of armor - the chest and the legs, but the set has a 3-piece bonus. I wonder if the merchant content is also based on the world roll?
It might be! The game also loves to give you one or two pieces of an armor set and you need to find the other.

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
Remember that it's not guaranteed that everything changes if you re-roll. The game doesn't go "oh he has seen Boss A, so now I must spawn Boss B!". it could theoretically happen that you see the same bosses again as in your last playthrough. However there is lots of other stuff too, like dungeons and such, which don't always show up. And even NPCs and events can be random.
Oh yeah I know that, just eager to see how many tilesets and events there is for the level generation to pull from.

Deleted member 56580

User requested account closure
Banned
May 8, 2019
I find this game exponentially harder than soulsborne. There was only a couple of bosses that took double digit attempts to beat in those games. It's taken me 25 to 30 attempts for each of the 2 bosses I've beaten so far in this.

its mostly a question of rythm. Remnant is more like Sekiro, it actually pays off in spades to have a very aggressive playstyle

DonFreecs

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Adds are the smaller enemies a boss spawns - you normally want to dispatch them quickly before they overwhelm you.
I haven't found a way yet.

"adds" is short for "additional enemies".
it's a term coined by MMOs to describe all enemies that are not the boss.
Alright thanks guys. Saw this on the easy allies stream and it looked pretty good. Probably going to pick this up eventually.

Hassansan

Oct 27, 2017
I am at the church and I can't kill the enemies fast enough :/
I think am gonna buy the shotgun with the fire bullets mod hoping to do as much damage as possible.

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
I think am gonna buy the shotgun with the fire bullets mod hoping to do as much damage as possible.

Max out the level on your weapons ASAP, get them to at least +3. Use the Hunting Pistol if you got it, and the coach gun.

As soon as you see the archers spawn, kill them, and make sure to stay away from the Root Mother so they won't auto default to hitting her.

SparkleMotion

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Some of these bosses are making my butthole pucker up. I guess I need to level up my gear because my booty is getting kicked.

Riddler

Oct 25, 2017

I had a melee build with the thorns mod on shotgun +5 during that fight. Popped a adrenaline in the beginning sprinting to the windows using my hammer+3. Then when the crossbow guys appear blasted & smash them. Then when the melee root appears I hit another adrenaline & cast the thorn mod to become nearly invincible for 60 seconds.

Hope that helps?

SparkleMotion

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
hqdefault.jpg

"These bosses would be easy if it weren't for the fucking adds"

SparkleMotion

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Directional audio is so important in this game, because boss adds can sneak up on you before you even realize it.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
How's the enemy variety?
I've seen about 11 different enemies in the first world, then in the second right now I have seen about 8. i'd say the variety is there.

Directional audio is so important in this game, because boss adds can sneak up on you before you even realize it.
The audio in this game is REALLY good. You can actually dodge stuff that's attacking from behind just by listening to the very distinct audio.
Also the little "chime" that plays when elites spawn :O