• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Charsace

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Nov 22, 2017
How do you beat The Mangler? He never stops moving and the fucking cleaver balls keep spawning and chasing me while causing the cough and if i stop to drink I get gangbanged.

Deleted member 56580

User requested account closure
Banned
May 8, 2019
ah yeah one thing for the devs, if you could fix these "tentacle arms" enemies in the indoor sections of the desert it would be great, lol

said tentacles just ignore walls entirely haha

Karak

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
We both had the fire mod so we bursted one moth quickly. I focused on killing those flying blue balls. Then you just have to dodge all those attacks and not fall.
Yep same. Took us a number of tries but we used the Skulls mod which helped alot. The friggen scream pushed me off a couple times too. Also popping the first cocoon at the right time helped

ah yeah one thing for the devs, if you could fix these "tentacle arms" enemies in the indoor sections of the desert it would be great, lol

As far as I could tell enemies on all levels with larger weapons can swing through corners for sure and many walls. The tusk arm guys straight up ignore shit though lol

Charsace

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Nov 22, 2017
Some enemies are just hard if you don't have the right gun. The Mangler seems to be cake if you have a gun that is full auto to handle the mobs.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
What the hell

01fb5055-fe8e-41eb-ah0jb1.jpeg

Happens 100% of the time when trying to join friends lobby

Karak

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

ya its funny but also not too funny at the same time lol
I find it infuriating to be honest. But every game has its issues. So I just have to laugh it off and take it into consideration in a review

Deleted member 9100

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Having a lot of trouble joining games on Xbox. Spent 5 minutes trying to join a public game. No luck. Backed out and tried again for 10 mins. No luck.

gnomed

Oct 28, 2017
US
Forgot this existed after catching some random YouTube vids. But looks like right my alley. Still not sure what platform I'll pick it up for, more than likely the PC version.

tragic

Developer
Verified
Nov 28, 2018
Austin, TX
Thank you for long answer! by the one shot I meant that me and my buddy killed the boss on first try, those bosses usually just looked like normal enemies with one extra attack with not much more health. The double moth boss with last boss were the only ones that made us sweat and were fun to fight.

I also think I got a lil bamboozled by gamespot gameplay preview and few people that talked about the game like if it was a looter shooter with random drops.

After the first world we kinda stopped exploring because it wasn't that rewarding and chests were always just dropping scraps with some iron wich stopped being exciting quickly.

About those traits - there's a crit chance, reload speed and ranged damage. Those seem to me like absolute must have and I would not put my points anywhere else.

Ohh, I gotcha on the "1-shot". Yeah, if you are beating every boss 1-shot, I definitely recommend you play hard mode as a starting difficulty. It was meant for players that have good souls / shooter (or combo) experience.

As for traits, Crit Chance, Crit Damage, Ranged Dmg, Reload Speed, Fire Rate are your core DPS ones. Vigor and the 3 defense traits are must-haves if you ever want to play on NM, and the rest are basically quality of life things - more money, better endurance, cheaper stam cost, etc. There are some hidden gems like Catalyst that increases proc chance of anything that procs... from Hotshot to Devouring Loop (5% chance to do 400% dmg on a crit, up to 15% with Catalyst, etc).

On Normal difficulty, however, I agree, the core stats are the only ones you really need (and maybe some HP or STAM for quality of life).

Deleted member 9100

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Spent another 30 minutes trying to join public games on Xbox. Still no success.

Hopefully it's just a launch day issue. After I try the multiplayer than go back into solo it just lingers on "checking save" so I'm assuming it is just a bug. Still frustrating though.

Got to the first boss and I'm not a fan. I hate games where you just have to handle the unlimited adds.

Last edited:

fiskyfisko

Mar 23, 2018
Ohh, I gotcha on the "1-shot". Yeah, if you are beating every boss 1-shot, I definitely recommend you play hard mode as a starting difficulty. It was meant for players that have good souls / shooter (or combo) experience.

As for traits, Crit Chance, Crit Damage, Ranged Dmg, Reload Speed, Fire Rate are your core DPS ones. Vigor and the 3 defense traits are must-haves if you ever want to play on NM, and the rest are basically quality of life things - more money, better endurance, cheaper stam cost, etc. There are some hidden gems like Catalyst that increases proc chance of anything that procs... from Hotshot to Devouring Loop (5% chance to do 400% dmg on a crit, up to 15% with Catalyst, etc).

On Normal difficulty, however, I agree, the core stats are the only ones you really need (and maybe some HP or STAM for quality of life).

Would be great if there was like a dev note before you start playing saying that if you know all of the souls lore you should play hard mode.

Also with those traits it would be nice if there were 3 categories: attack, defense and utility. You would gain with each level up 1 point for each category, but I dunno how much you wanna change stuff.

Love the game tho, I wouldn't be posting this if I didn't like it. So I hope you're planning on adding some end gamey stuff and goals.

thonerayman

Oct 27, 2017
I find this game exponentially harder than soulsborne. There was only a couple of bosses that took double digit attempts to beat in those games. It's taken me 25 to 30 attempts for each of the 2 bosses I've beaten so far in this.

Deleted member 9100

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I find this game exponentially harder than soulsborne. There was only a couple of bosses that took double digit attempts to beat in those games. It's taken me 25 to 30 attempts for each of the 2 bosses I've beaten so far in this.

Agreed. It's not that it feels harder it just feels unfair. In soulsborne, it's learning to deal with the boss' patterns. Here it's just getting lucky with the adds.

MotionBlue

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So whats the general verdict? I really want to try it, but I have a budget to stick to.

Edit: Watching Twitch, it looks fun, but I know Twitch can be deceptive.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
Can we please for the love of god have instance ammo per person or share them Like scrap and everything else on pickup. Because watching anyone spam pickup on ammo means you are not getting shit.

Deleted member 9100

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So whats the general verdict? I really want to try it, but I have a budget to stick to.

Edit: Watching Twitch, it looks fun, but I know Twitch can be deceptive.

I can't speak to PC, but if you're planning on playing on Xbox, I'd say wait.

Been playing "public", but haven't had anyone join my game in 3 hours. Got to a tough boss that wasn't really that tough, he just kept spawning unlimited adds. Tried to go to join other multiplayer games and realized why my public game got no joiners. Joining games is broken right now on Xbox.

But like I said can't speak to PC.

Seven

Oct 25, 2017
Austin
Is there a menu for your party/invite system, or is it only through Steam friends? How can I just matchmake with strangers?

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
But like I said can't speak to PC.
On PC, the situation seems similar. When searching for games, the browser shows zero games in the list. But if you press "join public game" button, it will join a random game.

It's weird as hell.

Have you tried joining friends or just randoms?

Deleted member 9100

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
On PC, the situation seems similar. When searching for games, the browser shows zero games in the list. But if you press "join public game" button, it will join a random game.

It's weird as hell.

Have you tried joining friends or just randoms?

Unfortunately I don't have any friends playing so just tried randoms. So I can't speak to how joining friends works.

However as someone who is playing solo, even if playing with friends is working amazing, playing with randoms is completely broken and that's what matters to me.

At least one random player would be a great help against the unlimited adds the first boss calls. Or I could help a random player with that. If matchmaking worked.

Deleted member 9100

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So to those of you who have early access, what do you think of the game?

I can't say for PC or PS4, but if you're going for Xbox I'd recommend to wait. I bought for Xbox and there's a lot of bugs currently. I'm honestly thinking about looking into refunds.

It blows my mind that for such a multiplayer focused game they didn't even test how multiplayer connections work.

Charpunk

Oct 25, 2017
I kinda wish the boss fights were just boss fights and not boss fight with 2,000 other enemies.

Deleted member 9100

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I kinda wish the boss fights were just boss fights and not boss fight with 2,000 other enemies.

Agreed. I finally beat the 1st boss on my 10 try. It didn't feel like soulsborne where I learned his combos and knew how to beat him. It just felt like I changed nothing and got lucky with the placement of adds on my 10th try.

Any boss with unlimited adds feels awful.

Riddler

Oct 25, 2017
Resource drops are based off your average item level (it takes the highest item for every slot, regardless of it being equipped or not, then averages it out). If you have all +5 gear (in all six slots) then you will be considered "level 6" to the game and it will drop Forged Iron more often. At a certain average level, even enemy kills will start dropping basic iron then forged iron then galvanized etc.

Bandages are cheap (and fast to cast), so are Bloodworts. Bloodwort + Triage is a straight up nullifier even if you don't have a bandage. All our diseases are meant to be super annoying, but they are also managable.

There are at least 6 firearm drops in City, but in many cases, it depends which areas your campaign rolls. 2 of them are guaranteed no matter which way your campaign rolls. There are also weapon rewards in every other zone depending on dungeons and/or quests spawned for your campaign.

As for armor sets, you can buy the other starting archetype armors right off the bat (soon as you have money), which adds to the 2 you start with (your archetype, and adventurer). That's 5 in the first 30 mins. There are at least 3 other armor sets in city alone, then a handful split among the other zones. Of course, it's all based on dynamic generation (and exploration). Really depends what spawns for you and how much you explore. The game is absolutely meant to be played multiple times, so if you only ended up with 6 at the end of a full game, you either missed a few, skipped on a few, or they didn't spawn for you - any of those things are totally possible.

Unsure which traits you consider bad. "Lots" seems like... a lot. All of them have a use (at least we feel). They may not be equally exciting but they all contribute to certain playstyles or quality of life enhancements.

In regards to boss fights and one-shot, there is no boss in the game that can 1-shot you if your armor is even to their power level until you get into higher difficulties at much higher level (there IS a certain boss that can one shot you no matter what combination of defensive gear you have on sans a certain mod if they are level 22, you are PL 21, and it's Nightmare difficulty). If you were getting one shot by 90% of the bosses you faced (so between 8-13 bosses in one campaign) then your armor was just too low. Check your menu and expand "Advanced Stats" to check Zone Rating and see if you have DIAMONDS for the zone indicators. If you have 1 red chevron, you are 2 levels below. If you have 2 red chevrons, you are 5 levels below. This pertains to both offense and defense capabilities.

Last boss definitely has some bugs. Should be fixed in next patch.

Seems like if you only got 6 armor sets, you had a ton of stuff to hunt or craft for end-game. Every world boss can be dealt with one of two ways which awards a diff crafting material (to make a unique boss weapon). Different bosses (champions) spawn in different campaigns allowing different mods to be obtained. Different quests and dungeons spawn allowing you to obtain, craft, or even purchase different armors or weapons (or even trinkets).

A typical campaign run on normal takes about 12-15 hours depending how much you explore, and you won't have seen more than 50% of the game in that time, even if you scourered every corner... this is due to the dynamic generation. Play a second time and you won't see that other missing 50%, you might see another 20% or so and be able to interact with previous stuff in new ways (for diff rewards/outcomes). Overall, it should take much closer to 50 hours or so to see MOST everything, but I know people that have played 75-100 hours and still see new stuff once in a while.

Hope this helps. Also hope you had a great time in the time you played! We will keep adding, tweaking, updating, and polishing the foundation we have, and your feedback helps!

Wow this is a lot of great information. I am currently in the subway and the information about diamonds,chevrons , etc.. is great!

Also loved exploring and especially going back into the ward to unlock some of those locked off areas.

Also actually listening to NPCS gets you some rewards felt very rewarding for paying attention.

Morrowless

Oct 27, 2017
Dear devs: aiming cancels sprinting. It would be nice if it didn't. Assuming it's a bug because melee attacks don't cancel it.

Last edited:

tragic

Developer
Verified
Nov 28, 2018
Austin, TX
The adds are usually for ammo replenishment (because ammo is our "gun stamina"). However, in some cases they are there to distract you from an otherwise easy-to-avoid boss mechanic. That being said, In 20+ clears I've never felt I had to be lucky to beat any of the bosses, I've had to learn the boss mechanics, the add types, and the timing of the dance, so to speak. The game has a ton of abilities that allow you to manage adds and the damage of weapons at even levels (or 1 below) has been tuned on normal to allow a specific number of shots (or weakspot shots) to kill / manage.

Of course, that doesn't change the fact that some people DO feel like they need to get lucky, so that's something we look to address, be it by adjusting spawn timings, density, attack speed, pressure values, or even just making players more aware of their ability to manage multiple adds with their weapons and abilities.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm still a little unclear how to join others games or have others join me. Is it meant to just be random if you're on public? I don't see a way to force the game to look for someone to play with.

Kurt Russell

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The adds are usually for ammo replenishment (because ammo is our "gun stamina"). However, in some cases they are there to distract you from an otherwise easy-to-avoid boss mechanic. That being said, In 20+ clears I've never felt I had to be lucky to beat any of the bosses, I've had to learn the boss mechanics, the add types, and the timing of the dance, so to speak. The game has a ton of abilities that allow you to manage adds and the damage of weapons at even levels (or 1 below) has been tuned on normal to allow a specific number of shots (or weakspot shots) to kill / manage.

Of course, that doesn't change the fact that some people DO feel like they need to get lucky, so that's something we look to address, be it by adjusting spawn timings, density, attack speed, pressure values, or even just making players more aware of their ability to manage multiple adds with their weapons and abilities.

Yeah, so far I haven't felt like the adds were some kind of RNG thing I had to beat. They got me killed a fair amount of times, but they are definitely manageable. I carry a submachinegun to deal with adds during boss fights, and the repeating rifle for the bosses themselves.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
"The adds are RNG!"
Lol this reads like the Sekiro thread.
Just upgrade your equipment and play halfway smart. So far no boss has been a challenge.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Has anyone re-rolled their world yet? Are people doing it just for a fresh challenge, or doing it when they get super stuck? I am just wondering what effect it has on progression since re-rolling would mean you get access to other items that are not in your current world right?

PepperedHam

Oct 27, 2017
Pennsylvania
"The adds are RNG!"
Lol this reads like the Sekiro thread.
Just upgrade your equipment and play halfway smart. So far no boss has been a challenge.
Adds suck full stop, no matter how much you can grind to make them easier. They make any otherwise cool fight a slog. It was one of my longstanding complaints with how Bungie handled difficulty in older Destiny content. More adds is no fun, it's not actual mechanical challenge, it's just a damn busy mess on your screen.

This goes for every game for me. No matter how much somebody tells someone to get good, I will always stand by add dependent difficulty by distraction being bad design, especially when there are otherwise good mechanics underneath that shit.

Gala

Oct 25, 2017
Did anyone find out where you find the
key
to access the
computer
in B3?

sredgrin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Found a neat secret early on

Found an illusory wall near some graffiti that said "only the penitent shall enter" or something along those lines. Figured that'd be something to do with crouching down (on your knees in penance) and whaddya know, there's an invisible wall that you only slip through while crouching. Had an accessory and audio log.

Also found my first weapon drop in an optional "dungeon", a very powerful 1 shot pistol. Doesn't really work with my current build and loadout but have finally started to get enough scrap to buy the other beginner kits so might mess around with it paired to a faster main weapon.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
So obviously some of the 'better' armor sets slow you down/make you slow roll like when you use heavy armor in Dark Souls. Do we know if there's a trait we can increase to stop the slowness? Maybe endurance?

sredgrin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So obviously some of the 'better' armor sets slow you down/make you slow roll like when you use heavy armor in Dark Souls. Do we know if there's a trait we can increase to stop the slowness? Maybe endurance?

I picked up an accessory that reduces equipment weight, at least.

SparkleMotion

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Welp, I figured I would sit down and play this for like an hour before bed. Three hours later I had to force myself to stop. I am enjoying the crap out of it. I keep feeling the urge to push forward to that next checkpoint. Shooting things just feels good.

Deleted member 11421

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ran into a boss that can apparently attack around corners through walls, but when its legs go underground, forget about it!

(It glitched and was stuck underground)

I tried to capture it but the game wasn't enabled as one by Windows yet...oh well.

OP
OP
Queen Of Hunting
Jun 14, 2019
I imagine the multilayer servers maybe a bit wonky due to early access might be something backend they can't fully switch till release.

Like on steam the game won't show you community features like achievements etc till releaee (the proper section to view global stats is locked till release)