• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Renteka-Bond

Chicken Chaser
Dec 28, 2017
Clearwater, Florida
Haven't gotten any new Traits yet after about Just under 2 hours, but I had a good time beating Shroud and getting the mod. Sitting on like 7 Trait points at the moment, so once I get a trait I like, ooh boy, I'm goin' in!

Really enjoying the game so far, though I can't play more til after work. Tried it with the Mouse and Keyboard for a bit since I wanna get some practice in before Borderlands 3, but ended up switching back to controller. Like others have said, both worked fine, but I haven't felt super hard pressed to fail at aiming shots without the mouse, so the better control with movement has been a real help. Also sitting on a lot of boss crystals due to killing a bunch of Elites, so I'm really excited to get out of the Subway.

Missed the Sniper, but I'm not too pressed about it, haha. Might go back and scour the map, but we'll see.

Plumpman

Jan 24, 2018
First thing I thought of was Hellgate: London, at least in the initial areas.
Played for about an hour last night, super fun!

Had a few bugs with audio cutting out of cutscenes and characters not saying VO lines.
Otherwise smooth sailing!

Aneru

Mar 15, 2019
The game is sounding great and I'm really appreciating reading about everyone's experience. Can't wait to join the rest of you on the 20th!

Astraer

Gamer Guides
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Everything about the game sounds so good, would love to jump in. How is the customization on the armor, do you see the different armor or is just purely loot? Also, how viable are the melee builds?

drewfonse

Oct 28, 2017
So sick of the modern reality of just trying to start a game and then being confronted with an update.

7GB-ish on Xbox.

r3n4ud

Oct 25, 2017
Quebec
Super jealous of you guys playing this lol

:/

I'm short on funds to pick it up, but love hearing all your impressions!

thonerayman

Oct 27, 2017
So sick of the modern reality of just trying to start a game and then being confronted with an update.

7GB-ish on Xbox.
I was able to download that update yesterday at like 2 or 3pm edt. It seems to be common that devs push out an update to games so I always check in the updates section for preorders on the day of the midnight

Gala

Oct 25, 2017
Played around 3 1/2 hours and I'm having a good time. Reminds me a lot of Hellgate London mixed with Secret World vibes and some Left 4 Dead here and there. I really like the feeling of the guns and the sound effects. You can already hear certain enemies from a couple of rooms away. Pretty neat.

Not sure about the progression yet. Especially visually, but also in terms of feel. Spending points for traits doesn't feel very impactful yet.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Everything about the game sounds so good, would love to jump in. How is the customization on the armor, do you see the different armor or is just purely loot?
Yes you see your armor change. I'm wearing a cool hat on my gunslinger gal. It gives +3 armor but weighs +3 as well.

Not sure how much variety there is though as I'm just now getting to the subway.

Also, how viable are the melee builds?
Apparently you can go full melee. But I don't think this is that type of game. It will be much harder from my very early impressions. I wouldn't recommend it at all. Melee is for those times where you're out of ammo and didn't reload or an enemy is rushing you.

OP
OP
Queen Of Hunting
Jun 14, 2019
Has there been any mention on game length yet? Or post launch events?

15 to 25 hrs a playthrough u wont even experience half the quests and bosses on one playthrough.

In around 2 weeks or so a free content of adventure mode eill launch where you can reroll a zone so u don't have to playthrough campaign to that point.

They want to expand and add zones, and stuff aswell

Astraer

Gamer Guides
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
15 to 25 hrs a playthrough u wont even experience half the quests and bosses on one playthrough.

In around 2 weeks or so a free content of adventure mode eill launch where you can reroll a zone so u don't have to playthrough campaign to that point.

They want to expand and add zones, and stuff aswell

All of this sounds so good, love the way that its random what quests and bosses you come across.

PepperedHam

Oct 27, 2017
Pennsylvania
I hadn't heard of this game until last night and I'm pre-purchasing this sucker as soon as I get home from work. Love an out of nowhere surprise like this, everything I'm reading in this thread sounds fantastic.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Really curious about this. Gonna wait on some in-depth impressions from people playing solo. I know it's viable, just want to make sure it's fun on your own.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
It's cool that there are secrets to find.
I already got a new trait, a new gun and tons of lore just from exploring my homebase

Clever Gato

Oct 28, 2017
Glad to see all the praise, but are there any inconveniences?

Had two of my good friends claim that the game looks incredibly generic and unoriginal, therefore they won't pick it up. Guess I'll have to play solo or pubs when I can pick this up.

PaJeppy

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Great OT.

Just might pre-order this. Was going to wait on reviews but the praise in this thread might be enough for me.

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful Province of Quebec.
I almost pulled the plug and pre-ordered yesterday on Xbox since my PC cant run this and Sony fucked up the Pre order but my friend told me he is interested in playing this coop this morning and he only has a PS4...guess I will wait on the 20th...there isnt even a price on the PSN Store yet...

Watching Cohh play a bit this morning and yeah,for Bosses,like the early Shroud guy,going melee is not a good idea lol...

Jambi

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I realize I asked this last night and someone answered me, but if I would have played it before I asked I would have known the answer to my own question. I really love the fact that its set in the same universe as Chronos and that + the co op aspect is what made me buy it. Chronos is easily one of the best VR games and my friend and I got pretty excited when we realized this is related. Eager to dive in later today when my friend can play.

Zanzura

Oct 25, 2017
I'm hoping there's a meaty endgame to this. Since the game's apparently only 20 or so hours long, I'm hoping some hardcore players will have impressions soon before I dive in.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Home in about an hour. Will boot this bad boy up and loot some stuff. Will post thoughts as I progress. Playing 1X here, so it will be based upon that system for impressions.

JackSlate

Oct 30, 2017
Been playing for an hour. Loved the game so far, but can't play in fullscreen in 4k. It will constantly flicker to a blackscreen and the only way to fix it was go back to windowed borderless.

Oct 25, 2017
Hamilton, Ontario
I realize I asked this last night and someone answered me, but if I would have played it before I asked I would have known the answer to my own question. I really love the fact that its set in the same universe as Chronos and that + the co op aspect is what made me buy it. Chronos is easily one of the best VR games and my friend and I got pretty excited when we realized this is related. Eager to dive in later today when my friend can play.

So glad to see praise to Chronos. It is one of the best games I have ever played but very few people have experienced it. I really hope it gets released on more platforms. Such a masterpiece.

I didn't know Remnant takes place in the same universe, that's awesome.

Schierke Mori

Oct 28, 2017
So some impressions so far running it on Steam. I will say I'm enjoying it so far.

Pros
+Gunplay feels meaty and responsive
+Enemy attacks are telegraphed well and dodging them takes practice - iframes are present.
+Premise and world are unique
+Popped into a public co-op session and it worked flawlessly.
+Boss battles are hard

Cons
-Not a huge fan of the random map generation. Levels looks plain and rather uninspired.
-Progression is fairly standard - gather items to make equipment better along with passive trait upgrades.

Jambi

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So glad to see praise to Chronos. It is one of the best games I have ever played but very few people have experienced it. I really hope it gets released on more platforms. Such a masterpiece.

I didn't know Remnant takes place in the same universe, that's awesome.
I hadn't played it yet when I asked yesterday, but it's very obvious that it is right after the tutorial.

OHRye

Nov 17, 2017
How does the weapon loot work? Are there a bunch of different types of guns with varying stats? Or only a select amount of guns, that you can just upgrade?

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Oh my God I finally killed this dude who kept harassing me throughout the sewers. Fucking dual blade giant guy would just randomly show up -- only sometimes -- and just block all my bullets with his swords. Then he easily combos me to death.

So I felt good when I figured out his gimmick. Fucking bait him from his defensive stance and then punish with a shotty the throat.

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
These impressions are killing me. I am so tempted to double dip and get the Xbox version right now.

Chucker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
First time I heard about this was from Major Nelson a few hours ago, looks pretty rad. Always love a good co-op game.

Deleted member 13645

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Played a couple hours. First hour was on my own, then hopped into someone else's game. This game is fun! As far as I could tell there wasn't a way to communicate with the other player (i didn't look too deeply) so we started to find ways to communicate and it ended up being quite fun with them.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
hows the console versions? I have a pro but its not out on PS. Is it running/looking good on the x?

drewfonse

Oct 28, 2017
hows the console versions? I have a pro but its not out on PS. Is it running/looking good on the x?

First impressions have been very good. Looks nice on the 1X, good lighting, nice particle effects, pretty consistent frame rate.

I've only played an hour, haven't really done anything, and I'm already enjoying it al lot. Always a good sign.