• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
tragic I doubt you'd be able to answer this, but it's worth a shot! Is the game planned to be on game pass at launch? I'm keen to pre-order, but would be slightly annoyed if it's free on game pass 4 days later.

drewfonse

Oct 28, 2017
This is an idiotic question, but any purchase before the 20th is considered a preorder, right? So if I buy it on Xbox on the 18th I can immediately play?

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Wait is the game procedural generated? Or are there regular maps as well? I want to pick it up but im not a big fan of randomly generated stages because I get worried the levels either wont meld well or will be super generic and bland. Maybe I should wait for reviews.

Oct 25, 2017
Any word on how this runs on lower end machines? I only have an Alienware Alpha R1 (i7-4785T, 8 GB RAM, GTX 860M variant with 2GB GDDR5 ,Samsung Evo SSD) and am curious how playable this will be (I'm pretty used to turning down settings lol). Or maybe Nvidia will add it to their GeForce Now beta, which would be sweet as fuck

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
This looks great!!! Can't wait for everyone to try the game out and give us feedback. We are in this for the long haul!

So that's a yes to post-launch content, then?

Can't wait until Friday...well, Saturday. My wife's b-day party is Friday night and I think she'd be non-plussed if I skipped it to play.

OP
OP
Queen Of Hunting
Jun 14, 2019
Wait is the game procedural generated? Or are there regular maps as well? I want to pick it up but im not a big fan of randomly generated stages because I get worried the levels either wont meld well or will be super generic and bland. Maybe I should wait for reviews.

It has an a to b point. Think like a journey to your holiday the way you get there changes every time n things along the way are different. It has 4 set world environments with smaller parts inside n dungeons etc aswell

Hokey

Oct 29, 2017
So no physical release? No stores in Australia seem to have preorders available.

Duebrithil

Oct 25, 2017
Playing it for review now so can't discuss too much but I am really interested in another game delaying reviews until after access by days. Reminds me a bit of EA having that huge timeframe to play games and embargoing the reviews until normal release. Always puzzles me to no end

Best reviews in the business, can't wait for your review to be ready :)

Gloomz

Oct 27, 2017
I'm having trouble telling from the footage - is this a story-driving souls-gun-like? Or is it more like an anthem-esque multi-player looter shooter that focuses more on mechanics than story?

Mar 21, 2018
How viable is solo play in this? Is it manageable like Souls games or is it like The Division where it's a grindy, bullet-sponge slog?

Kurt Russell

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm having trouble telling from the footage - is this a story-driving souls-gun-like? Or is it more like an anthem-esque multi-player looter shooter that focuses more on mechanics than story?

Seems to be in the middle of those things. It's not exactly a "shlooter" (though of course there's loot and Diablo type stuff), and there's a lot of lore, only it's not necessarily spoon-fed to the player (got that info from a dev who's been very active here and the streams).

How viable is solo play in this? Is it manageable like Souls games or is it like The Division where it's a grindy, bullet-sponge slog?

100% viable, according to the devs and the footage I've watched. Not really a Division type game.

squall23

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, why didn't I find out about this game until now? I'm watching various videos and looks pretty fun.

Oct 25, 2017
As someone that loves to play the mage/exotic archetype, does the "ex-cultist" have more than just support abilities, e.g spells? I play mainly solo, especially due to lack of Australian players in most online games, so a primarily support archetype as a solo player would be grueling, to say the least.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017

All of your questions are answered here:

They talk about how loot is done (meaningful loot). They talk about how their levels are generated (some level events can be missed on first playthrough, but there are some required events that you'll never miss.). They talk about playing solo (it's really hard solo, but doable). They also talk about their souls inspired story. Lots of lore in journals found on dead NPCs and such in the game.

Last edited:

Abominuz

Oct 29, 2017
Netherlands
Before i pre-order the shit out of this, there is matchmaking right? and is it drop in or matchmaking before a level. This game ticks all the right boxes of what i need in a game right now.

alosarjos

Oct 27, 2017
Oh man, I'm into the hype train now... Anyone playing it on Linux during the VIP weekend to know how it runs? tragic Do you know if the game runs with Vulkan? That would help a lot.

Last edited:

Radokat

Oct 30, 2017
Before i pre-order the shit out of this, there is matchmaking right? and is it drop in or matchmaking before a level. This game ticks all the right boxes of what i need in a game right now.

I thought it's friends only as this was one answer how they fight against griefing: Host yourself (as host can kick) and play with friends.
No voting system.
So for me it's time to make new friends as none of my friendlist will be playing this at launch.

Oh man, I'm into the hype train now... Anyone playing it on Linux during the VIP weekend to know how it runs? tragic Do you know if the game runs with Vulkan? That would help a lot.

I'll try to remember to test for you:)
Mainly play on Windows but currently also having Ubuntu installed on the gaming machine.

Radokat

Oct 30, 2017

Firmament1

Aug 15, 2019
This game looks pretty slick! I enjoyed Darksiders 3, so I'm curious how this one's gonna turn out.

If there's one thing I already know they've succeeded at though, it's art direction.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
This catches my attention during E3. It was one of the more interesting games of this lackluster E3. Gives me Hellgate London vibes which is a good thing. I hope this turns out great.

Radokat

Oct 30, 2017
Preorder done - now I'm in hype mode.
Hope there will be a preload so I can start tomorrow right at 6am.